Memoir Man 2010

Memoir Man by Amouage
Top 65 in Men's Perfume
Memoir Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinthAbsinth
SandalwoodSandalwood
TobaccoTobacco
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.06.2021.

Melancholy
"Melancholia refers to a mood of mind characterized by melancholy, pain, sadness, or pensiveness, usually not due to any particular trigger or cause."

You can find this definition if you search for it in a major dictionary.

For me, it's a feeling that starts in the gut and floods the whole body - evoking a comfortable, beautiful state that has nothing to do with sadness or pain.

Memoir Man embodies this feeling like few other perfumes.

When I wear it, it feels like that time I walked slowly and slightly shivering past the cemetery - mist, leaves on the ground, collar turned up and music in my ears, a feeling somewhere between discomfort and pure happiness.

Memoir Man is herbaceous, green and woody, it smells like fog, autumn and.... yes, kind of like a church pew.

Am I wearing the perfume to feel this way, or am I wearing it when I feel this way? Hard to say.
But I do like wearing it. Not often, no - and not to get compliments (they stay away, pretty sure). But I do like wearing it.

For me, it's a must-have piece, niche par excellence - really beautiful!
What a coincidence...
In my professional training there was a teacher who apparently wore this scent all the time, as I later found out through my own experience. Memoir smelled on this man so incredibly intense and harmonious, but not disturbing. I asked him at some point quite euphorically which scent he was wearing and as an answer I got a: "I won't say!" From then on I thought, hmm... maybe I should really make a negative comment about the scents that I perceive in others and find great, maybe you'd better tell me. Well, nothing helps.

After some time I accidentally came across a sample and when I applied it, I almost fell off my socks. Not because it was "the scent" of my dreams but because I had to think directly about Mr Ruhl, the old scent concealer. It was exactly this scent 1 to 1 with the same depth, with the same nuances that fascinated me so much at that time. At that time sounds so nostalgic, that was 5 years ago xD.

So now I wore the Secret scent for the first time and was really excited about his performance.
In the beginning I felt it very spicy, leathery and smoky. Later it became softer and softer and I also picked up the vanilla and musk nuances, but the spice always remained tightly in the foreground. The brilliant thing about it is the spicy connection with the creamy smoky depth. The longer I wore it, the more wonderfully it developed, so that I thought I had to try it myself. Friends and family always received the fragrance very positively and there was almost no negative feedback. Only that it smells like a glass of Ouzu or Raki because of the Absinthe and I partly agree with that. Memoir is really something special.

I could wear the fragrance every day and for every occasion. Nevertheless, I categorize it rather as an evening/outing fragrance elegant in a suit or with a coat. Of course, it's fair to its niche and with this fragrance, the manufacturer has created something in my opinion, which has never been seen before in this form. For this great respect. Memoir must definitely be sniffed by every lover of the spice.

Kind regards
Ode to Manhood
Memoir Man, with this I would like to express my love, very openly, very untypically emotional.
I owe this fragrance to Dear Til, my first niche fragrance that immediately took a very special direction, but the keyword Absinthe and the black bottle had me directly
Somehow this spice mix bomb embodies everything I would like to be in certain moments, a superficial unshakable masculinity paired with a certain depth.

We throw around these expressions so often in everyday life. It's too feminine when we see the color pink. That was now "really masculine" when a buddy in the Wifebeater, stained with barbecue sauce, crushed his 4th beer ext and the can on his forehead.
But far too often one does not question this attribution of properties anymore.
Masculinity describes in a predefined way the sum of the characteristics which are considered to be characteristic for the man :

What would it be like?

Physical characteristics ? - brute, powerful, angular, raw
Characteristic features ? - Courage, Risk-taking, Aggressive, Dominant, Cold, Cool

All this somehow applies to Memoir Man.

I wear a lot of black in my everyday life, simply because I like things to be simple and uncomplicated when it comes to clothes and if this fragrance had a colour, it would match my wardrobe perfectly, because it smells dark
When I close my eyes, I see the same picture over and over again.
Middle Ages. A mild night of a full moon. After a hard day of field work the evening comes to an end, the last villagers scurry across the field paths, their own children and the wife are lying in bed.
You are tired and sweaty, but you want to drink a beer, so you leave the farm and go to the village pub.
Outside you can hardly see your hand in front of your eyes, because the round moon is usually hidden behind dense clouds.
The air tastes cold and musty, it almost seems as if wafts of mist from the nearby woods are trying to grab you. Quickly lit a torch and rushed off,
Past the small hut of the "Healerin", a creepy old woman of whom nobody seems to know what she is actually doing in this area.
Penetrant is the typical smell of burning herbs.
One painfully remembers the accident during harvesting with the sickle and the smelly bandages and ointments for the wound it brought you.
You reach the village and from far away you can hear the drunken shouting coming from the pub.
You open the door, the smell of warm sweat, stale beer and smoke hits you.
All obscured by something burning in the fireplace Some of the villagers turn around in horror when you enter the taproom. Relax noticeably when they recognize you In front of them on the counter are bags of tobacco made of leather and overturned glasses.
Cigarettes are stuck between the fingers or lips.
You will be waved nearer and told about the news.
"Little Lasse was found dead in the forest, completely mauled. Must have been wolves"
They hand you a leather pouch on a string.
"Here is wormwood with a little tarragon, basil and mint"
You raise an eyebrow questioningly "This is the fourth corpse this week, normal wolves would never dare to come so close to the village.........they say a pack of werewolves is roaming the area"
Scornfully You laugh, wave your thanks and point to the fireplace.
"Yes, we burn incense and lavender to make it smell a little like church, Joseph also has holy water with him to make it safe here"
A few hours pass, you get a little cheerful again.
The mood is rising. Late at night you slowly return home before the others You stop halfway, in the middle of the forest road and remember how you moved here a few weeks ago. The clouds move away from the moon for a moment and hit your skin You can hear a loud, bloodcurdling howling through the forest ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still one of my favourite fragrances, even if it will not be suitable for everyone.
Durability is on my skin unfortunately only around 7h, projection and SIllage the first 1-2h quite well then quickly flattening.
The fragrance polarizes, which can be expected with the components listed.
Definitely less compliments, but whoever chooses Memoir Men does so primarily for themselves anyway and one thing I can say is that it is a wonderful decision
PS : Viva la Absinthe !

Herb Garden
My 5th fragrance sample from Amouage and so far have loved 3. Interlude, Lyric Man and this one Memoir Man.

Memoir Man is a very elegant, masculine, dark and mysterious.

Love the minty fresh opening, like walking in a herb garden, basil, mint and wormwood. Rich and Aromatic.

After strolling in the herb garden this fragrance brings you to a dark mythical forest and discovering the remains of a forest fire.

Love this scent brings back a lot of memories.

Definitely looking forward to testing other samples from Amouage.
A grim reminder
The name "Memoir" is very aptly chosen, because the fragrance actually reminds me of something from my past. I just can't figure it out. It's like a word that is on the tip of your tongue to come closer to your consciousness at any given moment, but in the end doesn't come to mind.
Is it the smell of a spice mixture for the preparation of white sausages, as you find it in Bavarian butcher's shops?
Is it the smell of an aromatic additive powder to supplement smoked meal to add that extra something to the smoke from smoking eels?
Or is it (and it must be!) the magical aroma of a salad dressing, which wanders through the cool walls of an old but noble crypt, since Count Dracula could not avoid hipster trends and now eats vegetarian ?
This must be it! Granted, I haven't often found myself in this situation...being in a crypt at this very moment while a vegetarian vampire spits out a salad with spicy dressing. But the last time I lived through this scenario I realized: This is it!!! It definitely smells like "Memoir Man" here!
Oh, what can I say?! It's a masterpiece!
It combines the sumptuous decadence of a rich count with the natural mysticism of a satanic hippy who roams the woods at night to summon demons.
Memoir One starts green, woody, cool, gloomy and yet familiar, to be fed in a course of about 8 to 9 hours by this beautiful incense from the undertones always a little more with warmth.
Suitable for any time of day or night and any season. Well, I don't see myself with it in discotheques or while shopping, but at any intellectual activity and at all serious events it makes the appropriate wearer sparkle out of the masses like a black diamond...eerie, luxurious and elegant. Yes, it's a very sublime and serious fragrance, but it does allow a joke to be told sometimes (as long as the humour is as black as the bottle).
Such unusual perfumes with a strong character are usually not known for generating compliments. Well, I, on the other hand, received by far the most positive comments for Memoir. Already after a few days more than after the consumption of 50 ml Aventus in one year.
So the fragrance is certainly not for sunny boys, not for dandies, wannabe casanovas, not for class clowns, not for wimps, but also not for bad boys in leather jackets.
No! This perfume is made for normal people like me, who walk around with a suit every now and then to look educated and serious, but then secretly sacrifice a virgin to the devil every now and then in the basement. Exactly for this blow man this perfume has been made... I love it.
JamesBlond
You smell older than you look...
...my wife says and I understand what she means. She doesn't want to have a Christmas present^^
Welcome to my review and if you don't feel like a amateur nose story scrolls down to the fragrance description, because this is my annual highlight and financially my last one 2019.
In fact, the fragrance is my program. A first splash from the souk of Shuqush (many thanks for all the delicacies) and my nose made a time travel through my olfactory life.
When I was a little boy, maybe 8 years old, an older couple of doctors lived with us in the house. Always dressed in black, both had expensive BMW and Mercedes convertibles as two-seaters and leather gloves for sporty driving. They were reserved childless snobs, but always friendly and interesting for this story, they smelled like this perfume. You were almost killed by the smell when you walked past the apartment to play and it was disgusting. Anyway, back then, because today, hardly that I am half as old as the two of them back then, I understand the passion for the fragrance that you clearly had. To be mysterious to the lifestyle and not to be ashamed of luxury.

But what does it smell like now? And that's where the next memory comes in. If we leave out the spicy top note, you can reduce it to a headshop.
Yes I was young and yet old enough to know what it means not to buy everything online. A semi-stronger wannabe, 15 or 16 years old, and a peer pressure, I was regularly drawn to the city's headshops, of which there will probably only be a handful today, all of which have been turned up to modern clean youth. Vaporizer...
But at that time these shops were always dark, full of nippes, funny stoner clothes and lots of utensils that made every Kanabi consumer's heart go up.
And always, no matter which headshop you chose, it smelled like incense sticks, often lavender and tobacco.
In this respect one must agree with most here that the association is not far-fetched there. The heart note keeps what it promises and those who can't connect anything with it will find it hard to find Him.
My dilemma is, that I am always much younger appreciated, I dress accordingly youthfully and still have quite a lot of hair when I look around in my circle of friends^^
Nevertheless, I like scents around the 20 to 30 year old mostly make a bow and it can not smell dark and woody enough. Memoir one has bound me since the first moment and in the end it could only be a big bottle.
I hope I don't have to sleep outside.

But now to the fragrance description:
Above everything floats the lavender incense bomb. Very gloomy and mature. Basil and mint are perceptible, but not as intense as in the supermarket, where in the vegetable and fruit section you rub the said plants between your fingers as if you didn't know what it smells like now.
With Absinthe I think rather of the numerically superior varieties with anise, but at no time do I smell it and with the musk and sandalwood the memoir gets rather a sweet and sweet note, like high-quality rum or cognac.
Overall he is very masculine, gentlemanly but with plenty of experience. A strong moustache ala Magnum.
The shelf life is good, Sillage rather goes like this.
When a breeze blows it comes into its own again and again, I myself smell it all the time, my mistress only when she comes very close to me. That's completely okay, because the black one from Amouage is in my eyes clearly sneezy-heavy. Apart from the price, the fragrance is very memorable and certainly does not please everyone. Fish compliments you can confidently bend and your date would rather think of your father when she sniffs at you.

Conclusion: Memoir man from Amouage builds the bridge between man and man for me. With 33 I am perhaps not yet his booty scheme, but the heart wants what the nose does well and to me is anyway sausage what the others say.
A lot of perfumes increase your self-confidence, memoirs demand it. Those who are ashamed or insecure will not wear it for long, but if you let it, it will take you on a journey far away from the sheep herd Sauvage, le Male & Co. Nothing against these fragrances, I like them myself, but if you want to smell them differently you have to have courage or have this Arabic bottle in your collection.
Diesero
Expanding consciousness - from child to adult
First of all, I have to say that I have never hit such a bull's eye with any other fragrance as with Amouage Memoir. In addition also that this is my first comment - to dedicate this memoir, is in view of the effect on my perception more than appropriate.

Unfortunately, the sense of being gets lost to a large extent with growing up. Responsibility for oneself and others, obligations and social constraints often make us forget what it was like to be a child. Everything seemed new and every moment was waiting with new impressions to marvel at and experience. A feeling full of curiosity and thirst for the next experience.
The first holiday, the first kiss and the first time ever to be in love were moments that stayed with us. Things that happened afterwards are compared, and only because you already know at the moment of the event that you have experienced them in one way or another.

Some things in life serve as comparison and others in life are compared. I would like to come back to this later.

I do not particularly believe in the attribution of characteristics on the basis of zodiac signs, but as a balance I always find it the balance. Feelings are rarely really good or bad. There is a balance, I would almost say a kind of indifference for the circumstances in which I find myself. As if the film of my life would run before me, while I sit on the couch and play on the mobile phone - I know what it is about, but to experience this really and with real emotions, would be something else and would trigger far more.

Being was lost, the reference to it dissolved through thoughts of career, family, future, fear and doubt.

Even though the last time was a long time ago, there was always a possibility for me personally to be a child outside and inside - Cannabis.

When I was high, the cloak of thought lay down and what remained was the pure essence of being, of experiencing, of the moment.
When I walked through a summer night in the light of the lanterns, I felt the tickle in my stomach as if I was 14 years old again. Every alleyway, every house lit up me, every feeling, every impression was new - everything was a first time again. I got to be a kid again. Naive, playful and above all secure at the moment.

When I first smelled Amouage Memoir, I just thought it was such a breathtakingly extraordinary fragrance that it was the counterpart to my vita. That was my first impression.
The absinthe, the incense, basil and tarragon in the beginning were so wonderfully embedded in each other that I immediately fell in love with this fragrance.

In that second I was allowed to experience the feeling of being a child, I had experienced something new and felt the scent flowing through my body. I have never experienced anything like this before and do not know how this extreme reaction comes about. What I do know is that Amouage Memoir has been more than just an outstanding perfume for me since that moment - it is a bridge to my inner child, a memory to pause in everyday life, to breathe deeply through and to become aware of the moment.

Amouage Memoir is my comparison, my new benchmark against which I will measure all other fragrances-

The memoir of El Bali Medina in Fes
There was a deep scent of mint in the air. It was definitely due to the strong tea made from mentha leaves that everyone sipped. The ambiance was fresher and greener than usual. As usual in Fez, the esplanades were overcrowded. I could only imagine middle-aged men wearing djellabas and babouches. Many of them preferred the transparent bitter absinthe to the fresh mint hot drink. There was also a sour and unsettling scent in the air of Artemisia and Angelica, flavoring the absinthe and combating the prevailing freshness of the mint.
If you are looking for the desert Arabian leather, wood, and rose scent, you shouldn't wander around in El Bali all the time. As long as you keep your way out of the Souk Des Tanneries, keep your nose free of the stinging, pungent, and skunky leather smell. Here I could only encounter the gentle scents of herbs, spices, balms, and oils in every winding alley of the medina. As always, I lost myself in the tangle of scents but didn't have the slightest idea where I was. Judging by the shops and the noise of the craftsmen, I should be near the tinsmith Souk and from "Place Seffarine". I have just resumed my hike.
There was a strong smell of incense in the air now. I was probably not heading towards my intended destiny, but my nose felt in heaven. Oily resins, fine woods, sweet spices, and herbs now dominated. I started to recognize the look of the "Souk au Henné". Countless bottles of different shapes and sizes competed for space in the store. Baskets and plates with colored powdered spices, pieces of wood, and pieces of incense, piled up so that the customer never misses an offer. I just felt like I could breathe this divine air forever.
Whenever I want to go back to the tiny alleys of the medina of Fez, I just smell myself with a couple of Amouage Memoir Man sprays, and as if by magic my mind begins to wander through these fragrant souks again.

Prices for this mint incense stick deep green perfume:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Opening: 9.0 (fantastic mint and absinthe, but I miss some sweetness)
Drydown: 8.5 (deeply resinous, balsamic, and amber, but still a bit too dark green for my taste)
Longevity: 9.0 (above average; I easily get 12 hours of life with 3 sprays)
Sillage: 7.5 (average; you get a maximum track width of 5-foot radius and 2.5 hours of projection)
Exclusivity: 10.0 (a unique fragrance)
Portability: 9.0 (autumn and spring + summer nights + winter days)
Versatility: 7.0 (You are cold, but you still need some extra freshness? These are Memoir Men!)
Compliments: 7.0 (not very good, but with some bursting fans here and there)
Quality: 9.5 (high-quality ingredients; excellent packaging, solid bottle, and efficient sprayer)
Presentation: 9.0 (very nice, although similar to all Amouage men's collections)
Price: 6.0 (140 euros for a 100ml bottle; used to be more expensive)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 8.32 / 10.0
between 7 and 8 = above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
greater than 9 = don't miss it;
Note: This fragrance is only intended for lovers of the mint-absinthe-incense combination. It can even be your signature scent if you fit into this recipe.
Recommended for blind purchases?
No! Try it before you buy, as with any unique fragrance. It's also too expensive to buy blindly even if you think you're going to love it.
Have you ever been to Fes? No other fragrance reminds me of this old city like Amouage Memoir Man.

Music: Youssou N'Dour - "7 seconds"
SirAddy
You have to be able to say "no"!
So far I've only written comments on fragrances that I've rated at least 7.5. For this reason I would like to write a comment to a smell, which I did not find so good and justify this as accurately as possible. Memoir Man has now still received a 5.0 from me, but compared to the average this is clearly below the general average on Parfumo. Many love this scent and I tell you: It's also good if you love him. You certainly have your own personal reasons and arguments and preferences. That is why I hope that you at least accept my point of view and whoever wants to go further understands it. My thanks go at this point to Fab83, from whom I got the bottling (which has meanwhile been sent further).

Perfume is always a personal thing. One underlines his outer nature and his character, possibly also his mood with a scent. Of course, this should also be perceived by others and fit the external circumstances. To be honest, I don't want to smell of absinthe, burnt tobacco or alcohol. These scents are very well made for me at Memoir Man. Unfortunately, it is so authentic that I simply can't imagine that this would cause any positive associations in anyone. Still underline my character somehow. At the most I could get carried away to the spectacularly spicy drydown, if it wouldn't take about 8 hours for this to happen.

I want to be fair, too. I think the scents are actually very well done, a scent is given and somehow the composition has something noble and rich. The minty alcohol note in combination with the smoky - I admit it has something! It's really well done and I can absolutely understand it if someone thinks the scent is good. Personally, I really can't do anything with him at all. Even my beloved lavender I tried to smell there. It does stand there but in the whole alcoholic-balsamic turmoil it simply drowns. I can't wear it, I would never buy it and I absolutely can't recommend it to anyone. Even my cousin, who is travelling in gothic style, I would rather advise to wear Lalique's wonderful Encre Noir. I'd wear it even if it rained once and I'm not up for anything. Faith has such days every time. But are these days desirable? I don't think so. Do these days often happen? I hope not!

Conclusion:

It is a very well made aromatic fragrance that beautifully shows what perfumers at Amouage can do. In spite of this high art, I have to say "No" to Memoir Man myself. Sometimes this art just isn't enough. You must also like it personally and it must suit you.

Professor Moriarty
Scentrack: Hans Zimmer - Discombobulate

This scent really shocked me, caught me off guard. It's really dark, like the darkest winter day. Saturated, oriental. One can say Sherlock Holmes would wear this, but I believe Prof. Moriarty prefers Memoire. Bitter dampness of dark cellar, while on the table are the plans for conquering the world. Basil and absinthe in the start, soon accompanied by rose, incense, leather and vanilla. Darker than evil soul. Don't wear it on date, you will give the impression of Jack The Ripper's presence.

Rating; 9/10

INDIGOSPHINXINDIGOSPHINX 3 months ago
Green, spicy, somewhat fougerery, refreshing, slightly smoky, reminds me of bel ami vetiver with minimal sweetness
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
After a boozy spicy-green opening, this smoky and dark green Fougère, settles to a solid dusty earthy-woody base. Keep sprays to a minimum!
BarbalixBarbalix 8 months ago
After Cardinal, this one is the second best sacred and religious scent man has ever created. Memoir is much more than a church scent.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 10 months ago
One of my favorite from Amouage. It is dark and mysterious. It gives a lot of feeling and pleasure to me.Performance is above average
FranknSenseFranknSense 1 year ago
Memoir is the Amouage proposal for a macho type manly man. I like this smokey and balmy dark green scent.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Memories of Incense! Memoir is minty, woody, spicy and smoky. I recall the twisty streets of the Fez large medina with its unique scents.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
I met Dracula while he was visiting the Adams family with Batman. Everybody was wearing Memoir Man. I do love this smoky dark manly perfume!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Deep rich and the perfume that transforms the most on my skin that I've ever tried. It's green, it's smoky, it's leathery, it's woody
Omid2amOmid2am 3 years ago
I have this masterpiece for second time and i love it . I know that its summer now but i use this beauty for all seasones .
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Fresh spicy start (significant wormwood, mint) is complemented by fine incense with sweet woody notes. Scent with many shades!

by Blödel
by sebjar
by sebjar
by Maenard1970
by Maenard1970
2020 memory...Happy New Year!
by VanAllan
by Amirdoust
by Amirdoust
Erinnerst du disch noch an die Parfum von letzte Nacht und was 'at so schön geprickelt in dein Bauchnabel? ;-)
by Frieder
by Oscarsh86
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage