Memoir Woman 2010 Eau de Parfum

Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage
Top 47 in Women's Perfume
Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinth, Fenugreek, Cardamom, Mandarin orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Woods, Jasmine, Pepper, Rose, Frankincense, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesCastoreum, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Leather, Musk, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.04.2021.

Melancholy of the Russian Giants
Dostoevsky once said, "We are the slaves of that which does not make us happy."

Perhaps this is why I have developed such a love-hate relationship with this perfume. Maybe I just love this melancholy too much to ever let it go. To place myself in its arms, beautifully enveloped in its veil of incense, where it is so familiar. Familiar even though I had never heard of her before.

From the first meeting she made me breathe a sigh of relief, her presence through the pungent carnation was impossible to put down, and I was caught off guard by this figure I couldn't put into words. Was she tipsy? Or was I? I wanted to grab her, to look for the tangerines she was carrying (or was my mind just playing tricks on me?), but before I knew it-which could take longer in this state of delirium-suddenly there was silence. We had arrived. My heart beat slower and slower, as if it were becoming dull. As if I'd been laid on a bed of wet wood and never wanted to get up. It just fit so well. And the more time passed, the more I noticed what this world was made of: I let my hand slide through the oak moss. Loneliness. Monotony. Indifference. Peppercorns. A corrupt system. I'll never find a way out. What is life worth, what does this suffering mean? Ladanum. The sweetness of melancholy. We can't do better. I hate you. But I need you. And while I was escaping into my fantasies of Russian giants, of adulteresses and intrigue, of questions about the meaning and nonsense of this existence, I knew that at least she was with me. She wrapped herself around me, in her white musk dress, and whispered in my ear. I can't remember what it was. But the feeling... It remains.

I lower my gaze, feeling heavy. Heavy, but happy at the same time. The heaviness I loved and carried with me, that I wouldn't shed in a thousand years because it's just so familiar. Enveloped in that comfort, perhaps hoping someone will find me and save me, I move forward. But until that time comes, leave me here. I like this silence. Because it's only when everything is black that you recognize the colors of white
Lances and swords
I often get upset, and if I didn't have a low blood pressure by nature, the whole perfume hobby would get on my pump. What do I get upset about? About prejudices, horrendous prices, arrogance and co. I am sometimes against it on principle when I have to read for the hundredth time praise for 4€/ml fragrances and completely prejudiced negative tirades for 0.4€/ml fragrances. It annoys me because I am still convinced that we should all test blindly much more often, if not always, and only then find out the brand and price. Amouage, Xerjoff, Roja have already received a lot of criticism from me, I stand by that. I am - like all of us here - not a trained perfumer and just because I can distinguish rose and geranium better over the years, that does not make me an expert. That's why I think it never hurts to always look at the whole thing with a little humility and not to be carried away by the opinion of the masses. Nevertheless, there are always interfaces from time to time and Memoir is definitely one of them, for me. The scent reminds me of (also in advertising) Harry Potteresque dark arts, and fantastic literary settings of the fight of good against evil. Incense in dark form, little sweetness but a certain warmth. A grey coat, around my shoulders on a cool night, in the alleys of the old town, passing a lonely old man, in front of the bar with his last cigar, the rain of the last days seeping in the trees, it's time to go home, light another candle, write a few pages, then read, I turn off the light, until dawn
1001 Fragrance - a fairy tale scent
Finest ingredients. Smoky sensuality. Veiled seduction. Incense, crystal clear and at the same time soft and feathery. Always seduction, never sacral or meditative: imperious. Memoir Woman spreads a dominant feeling of well-being. To say royal, traditional, a reminder of past splendour and glory. With all the golden glow and sparkle, I do miss a little star in the sky that shows the present and the future. But: Who would want to complain?

MEMOIR
It's no secret i am more of a fan of Amouage's feminine-marketed scents.
Here are my thoughts on Memoir Woman, a review on the run.
I didn't really talk about it in the video, but this scent has about 8 hours longevity on my skin with moderate projection (arms length).

Male femininity
I don't know if this headline makes any sense. Honestly, this scent is so hard to describe anyway. Just like his male counterpart.

I had to smile when I read Nurmalso's description below: "Amouage scents don't make prisoners..." The more fragrances you test from Amouage, the more often you come to the conclusion: These doors kick in, but not in a bad way. No, he wants to be my constant companion. Others will be rejected.
Apart from the Jubi, which is more discreet and less striking in its charisma, this fragrance also applies to the description given above.

When I look at the pyramid, I despair. I can't smell everything. This smell is again so complex arranged that each user smells out different components and this can lead then to a nevertheless broadly varied judgement.
For my part I smell a lot of pepper, absinthe mixes in and I can also smell out a spicy part. Above all lies incense, just like its male counterpart. In contrast to this, I notice here still slight echoes of floral notes.
I can sign the conclusion "black", but I find Memoir Man to be a bit more pronounced.

As with almost all Amouages, the shelf life is sublime. For 10 hours I noticed him clearly and could enjoy his. For my part I could even imagine that I would like to wear this fragrance more often. Therefore also the heading chosen by me.

Last but not least I'd like to say a little generalization of the Amougae scents :)

A: Sophisticated
M: Markant
O: offensive
U: Uncaring
A: Endurance
G: Violent
E: Impressive

Have fun testing. I can only recommend it to everyone!
DonJuanDeCat
I'm sure my memoirs will be full of comments!
Hello, fragrants, how are you? I hope you do! :)
Anyway, welcome to my commentary on Amouage's "Memoir Woman". What does memoir even mean? Hm, these are actually memoirs which one writes about oneself, for example, in order to write down what one has experienced and make it available for posterity, for example. That happens a lot, especially with politicians. But what's this scent about?

Well, according to the description, the fragrance was inspired by the stories of Charles Baudelaire, especially his work "Les Fleurs du Mal", which shows the extravagant lives of people who are constantly roaming or torn between good and evil. There are still some descriptions of the scent here, like mysterious other worlds, which represent the other self of you and which also show the already experienced of you (memoirs thus...), which of course you can only see (thus the other world), if you walk around intoxicated by absinthe and opium in the night alone.... yeah... I have also seen some strange things, if I should have been intoxicated once... umm... well :D

The interesting question is: What do you ladies see when you're intoxicated? Go ahead, speak up! And don't write things like pink, winged and therefore ultra-sweet kittens :DD

The fragrance:
At the beginning one smells a somewhat peculiarly bitter note, from which I assume that this should be the absinthe. In addition there are spicy scents, which come mainly from the clove and the pink pepper. Then I smell a light, plum-like scent. By the way, plum is not mentioned here, so it is possible that the plum appears to me only like this, e.g. due to the interaction of clove, cardamom, pink pepper and possibly some mandarin.
The fragrance remains as described for a little while before it begins to become softer and sweeter in the middle section. The incense becomes more intense over time, making the fragrance slightly fluffier or airier, and of course sweeter. In addition there are nice woods and further still the spices, which smell now more clearly spicy, but are rather small in their intensity. By the way, in my opinion, one can still best perceive the cloves and now also the pepper from the spices.
A little later, a mix of slightly animal scents comes through together with the oak moss, none of which stands out above the others or becomes particularly strong.
In the base, Memoir smells like woods and resins, making it not only soft but also nice and warm. The fruity notes are all gone now, but you can smell more sweet scents like musk and labdanum. Some beaver horny remains in the background, but oakmoss gets even weaker and you finally get to smell a little leather. A generally beautiful, spicy-sweet fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, which means that the scent will simply be to be smelled at one. You would also have to leave a nice fragrance trail here as you walk past. The shelf life is also very good, as the fragrance can be smelled from morning to evening, i.e. over ten hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and slightly inflated. It was slightly pressed in on the sides. The bottle here is glossy black this time, which fits well with the theme of the fragrance (night walks and so on). On the front you can see as usual the beautiful silver-metal Amouage logo. Also the lid, which reminds as always of oriental roofs, is silver or chrome-plated and shows a black Swarovski stone at its tip. As always, a beautiful and naturally high-quality bottle.

Soo, has the fragrance turned out to be as mysterious as it might sound according to the description? Well, actually it is, because it offers many dark notes like spices and absinthe and all this is combined with incense. Okay, all those who don't have a vivid imagination will of course say that it's just a well-made, spicy resinous fragrance. That may be true, but damn it, let your creativity and imagination out! Sniff the scent, but close your eyes and think of mysterious things!

Well? No? Do you get beautiful or mysterious images projected into your head? No? God damn it... those are scents, man! You have to let your imagination run away with you a little bit... I think about perfumes and... uh... that's not so important now... :D
But you... maybe you should be intoxicated to enjoy those scents better. So you should still be able to get absinthe for it somehow... but opium might be harder to get, he he :DD

Anyway, Memoir Woman is one of the most beautiful Amouage fragrances I've known so far. I could have done without the Bibergeil (and what also led to a slight devaluation), but well, luckily it wasn't so intense, so that this animalic note doesn't bother me so much. Everything else smells nice and has been well composed, the dark but beautiful radiance of the fragrance comes through well, making the fragrance a great all-rounder for colder days. Applied very lightly, it could be used in the office for special occasions, but this fragrance really shows its strength when going out, celebrating and other social occasions, where you just want to come across well. It looks a little more mature, so that it may be less recommendable to the younger ones. But everyone else should definitely have a look at this scent!

Well then, I'm ready again for today and wish you all a nice evening :)

Anosmia
There is a reason it is considered the best amouage....
Amouage, a brand that started with an extraordinary piece of work (gold) around which a lot of myths were piling up, is now a brand well-known and well-established, with a perfume range from friendly scents like blossom love to really strange ones like interlude.
Although I have to admit I am more on the sunshine side, because it's easier to wear, the real masterpieces focus on oriental ingredients.
And the masterpiece of all masterpieces is for sure Memoir.
Not only because of all the interesting and intense scents added to the perfume, frankincense being the most dominant one, in general showing woody, spicy, smoky sides.
The real work of art here is the blending. Memoir is like an old, complicated Single Malt, coming up with new notes and tones every half an hour.
It is constantly changing, not in a disturbing way though...this perfume takes you on a trip, showing all his beautiful ingredients by switching attitudes.
That is astonishing: The constant changing.
In one moment you might be a lady, distant and coolish, next one a black witch going through the underwood, laughing huskily and burning herbs, then an Arabian princess, seductive and erotic, leading a lush life in the palace...
...and all of that with a bomb sillage and outstanding longevity.
For feminists.
For punk-ladies.
For witches.
For every woman that wants to show her strength.
Liss77557
The darkness and the light
It's dark
in my heart,
dark and cold.
But there,
in the dark,
is a red pain,
very small, very fine.
Do you know what this is?
A note that
the darkness breaks,
a trail of fear,
but also very strong
and indescribable
is that something.
Do you know what it is?
It's LOVE,
Love that breaks the darkness.

Wow, this perfume really creates me like no other amouage scent.
He's so changeable and completely different from anything I've ever smelled.

First I take something alcoholic was , with the full force of pepper.
uuuufff first back with the nose ...
Afterwards, however, it develops a little more flowery, the jasmine and the white flowers join in.
The alcoholic disappears completely.

After some time it becomes close to the body and nestles to the skin. It becomes creamy, woody, flattering. I smell oakmoss at the end with the musk most.

He gets dark and mysterious, a little unapproachable.
It's not a little girl scent and that's exactly what I like about him that he's so far away from mainstream.

Really a fragrance that you must learn to love, but if you learn to love it, it brings a little light into the darkness of everyday life.

This really fits me
I love this one, I am a zero in storytelling and in perfume notes the same goes for wines, I only know what I dislike, can stand, like and love. This I love, but there is my vintage poison that comes on the First place for me.

My favourite Amouage for Women
I believe I have finally stumbled upon my favourite Amouage. Memoir Woman is a stunning and bold fragrance, which makes me feel like an Egyptian Goddess decked out in the finest yellow gold.

People will smell you coming from a mile away. Memoir Woman has intense sillage, that leaves the most intoxicating trail. I love turning heads, so this fragrance is very appealing to my nose. I wouldn't wish for it to be delicate or soft. The louder, the better.

The rose accord shines through quite strongly on my skin, followed by shiny leather, incense and spicy cloves. There's something a little naughty about this fragrance, something that hints that Memoir Woman is a perfume intended to be worn by 'bad girls'.

Putting all morals aside, Memoir Woman is incredibly sexy and rich. Men will find it hard not be captivated by the woman who wears this. Some fragrances work as a confidence booster, and this is one of those. I feel powerful and in control while wearing Memoir Woman. It's a scent that I'll always find myself coming back to, time and time again.

Memoir Woman is rather complex in terms of composition. There are some sweet, syrupy nuances throughout, brought about the zesty mandarin orange, rose oil and white floral blend. Leather, spices and incense tend to drag this fragrance over to the 'dark side', giving it that mysterious aura.

Although classified as a chypre, it also has some strong oriental tendencies. If there was ever a genre called, 'oriental chypre', Memoir Woman would be number one in that category. The sillage is powerful, so spray with caution. The same can be said in terms of the longevity as well. In conclusion, this fragrance may not suit everyone's tastes, but it is worth a try even if it is not to your liking.

Originally written: July 08, 2012.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 months ago
This is so different then Man version which i love.i got strong cardamom and animalic touches that puts me off.definitely needs testing
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
It's a Dior like fragrance with Incense and animalic notes. I like it very much although I judge it to be to expensive for the juice inside.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Stunning perfume. For classy powerful women!
AncaanAncaan 4 years ago
Deep green and black veils, herbal and smoky, spices and leather. Drop dead gorgeous.

by Lasisa
by Leo4
by Merlina
by Merlina

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage