Memoir Woman (2010) Eau de Parfum

Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage
Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) (Amouage)
Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) (Amouage)

Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinth, Fenugreek, Cardamom, Mandarin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Woods, Jasmine, Pepper, Rose, Frankincense, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesCastoreum, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Leather, Musk, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.01.2019

Bottle 10.0/10
There is a reason it is considered the best amouage....
Amouage, a brand that started with an extraordinary piece of work (gold) around which a lot of myths were piling up, is now a brand well-known and well-established, with a perfume range from friendly scents like blossom love to really strange ones like interlude.
Although I have to admit I am more on the sunshine side, because it's easier to wear, the real masterpieces focus on oriental ingredients.
And the masterpiece of all masterpieces is for sure Memoir.
Not only because of all the interesting and intense scents added to the perfume, frankincense being the most dominant one, in general showing woody, spicy, smoky sides.
The real work of art here is the blending. Memoir is like an old, complicated Single Malt, coming up with new notes and tones every half an hour.
It is constantly changing, not in a disturbing way though...this perfume takes you on a trip, showing all his beautiful ingredients by switching attitudes.
That is astonishing: The constant changing.
In one moment you might be a lady, distant and coolish, next one a black witch going through the underwood, laughing huskily and burning herbs, then an Arabian princess, seductive and erotic, leading a lush life in the palace...
...and all of that with a bomb sillage and outstanding longevity.
For feminists.
For punk-ladies.
For witches.
For every woman that wants to show her strength.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
This really fits me
I love this one, I am a zero in storytelling and in perfume notes the same goes for wines, I only know what I dislike, can stand, like and love. This I love, but there is my vintage poison that comes on the First place for me.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
My favourite Amouage for Women
I believe I have finally stumbled upon my favourite Amouage. Memoir Woman is a stunning and bold fragrance, which makes me feel like an Egyptian Goddess decked out in the finest yellow gold.

People will smell you coming from a mile away. Memoir Woman has intense sillage, that leaves the most intoxicating trail. I love turning heads, so this fragrance is very appealing to my nose. I wouldn't wish for it to be delicate or soft. The louder, the better.

The rose accord shines through quite strongly on my skin, followed by shiny leather, incense and spicy cloves. There's something a little naughty about this fragrance, something that hints that Memoir Woman is a perfume intended to be worn by 'bad girls'.

Putting all morals aside, Memoir Woman is incredibly sexy and rich. Men will find it hard not be captivated by the woman who wears this. Some fragrances work as a confidence booster, and this is one of those. I feel powerful and in control while wearing Memoir Woman. It's a scent that I'll always find myself coming back to, time and time again.

Memoir Woman is rather complex in terms of composition. There are some sweet, syrupy nuances throughout, brought about the zesty mandarin orange, rose oil and white floral blend. Leather, spices and incense tend to drag this fragrance over to the 'dark side', giving it that mysterious aura.

Although classified as a chypre, it also has some strong oriental tendencies. If there was ever a genre called, 'oriental chypre', Memoir Woman would be number one in that category. The sillage is powerful, so spray with caution. The same can be said in terms of the longevity as well. In conclusion, this fragrance may not suit everyone's tastes, but it is worth a try even if it is not to your liking.

Originally written: July 08, 2012.
Scent 10.0/10
Amouage Memoir may just be the seductress of all perfumes.
After wearing and appreciating Memoir enough times that it has actually become as close to a "signature fragrance" for me as possible, I feel that it is my rightful duty as a perfume lover to give it a proper review.

Up until my encounter with Memoir, a majority of my perfume collection consisted mainly of blind buys from discount stores such as Ross. At the time, I did not understand why someone would pay over $100 for a fragrance. I knew nothing about the house of Amouage, but when a fellow perfume hobbyist recommended Memoir to me based on my love of incense and enigmatic orientals, I took the gamble and bought it.

When I received my Memoir in the mail, I was stunned. I had not smelled anything like this fragrance before. It was intoxicating yet strange and new to my nose, and I did not know what to think of it. Smokey notes, a strong tangerine, and warm spices....I was confused because this was not a scent I was used to. It was simply too wierd for my untrained nose but somehow I still liked it (not loved it). I was astounded by how long Memoir seemed to last on my skin. I could still smell it a day later (to this day, Amouage remains the only house which makes fragrances that last this long on my skin).

So I put Memoir away for a while, thinking of it as a special ocassion fragrance. However, something kept calling me back to that strange alluring scent. I began wearing Memoir more often just because I wanted to smell that smoky tangerine incense. It became a fragrance so distinct that even in a purse which mingled with the scents of 10 other perfumes, I could still overwhelmingly smell Memoir while failing to identify everything else.

Memoir is a special scent if you allow it to be. I didn't appreciate it much when I first bought it, but now it is a perfume which I feel is *my* scent. It is one of those perfumes no one has mistaken for another perfume. Something about this scent is very personal. It doesn't scream at you with its scent. It's not an Angel or an Alien. It is a silent yet persistent seductress. Never have I felt like Memoir projected too strongly or offended those around me, yet it projected just enough to draw attention, and the longevity (as mentioned previously) is superb; the best on the market.

Memoir can be strange and tempermental. It is beautiful but because of its unique composition (which defies the mainstream perfume trends) and heavy smoky notes it is not suitable for everyone, so please sample before buying. You may either appreciate it, grow to appreciate it, or simply find it impossible to enjoy such a fragrance. Memoir can be grand and luxurious or dark and mysterious. It has many different facets and personalities.

I enjoy my fun gourmand scents, but Memoir is a different creature altogether. I must be in a contemplative mood to wear it. Despite it's slight tangerine fruitiness, it is a rather serious scent.

People often wonder whether Amouage fragrances are worth their price tag. This is up to the individual to decide for themselves. As for me, when my bottle of Memoir runs out, it will undoubtedly be replaced. And because of the unique quality of their fragrances, I certainly intend to buy more perfumes from this wonderful house.
jtd
Believability
Memoir Woman is a moving target. It opens as an orange incense chypre, with spices and some huge white floral notes (jasmine, tuberose) holding an impatient sweetness at bay. Soon, though the flower and the spice hang in, a syrupy thickness takes the lead and Memoir comes to feel strikingly similar to Serge Lutens’s Cèdre and Arabie. By this time, you realize that Memoir won’t so much blur genre lines as jump over them. It’s moved from mixed-bag chypre to syrupy sweet and finally lands in the balsamic spicy oriental camp.

All of the above. More is better. Bigger is better. You get the idea. There’s nothing either subtle or minimal happening here. Wearing it, I keep flashing to the image of an insect caught and preserved in amber.

I recently heard an interview with a Danish film director who noted the difficulty and ultimate payoff of delivering the unexpected while maintaining a believable narrative. She might as well have been talking about Memoir Woman.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
A Multilayered and Compelling Modern Oriental Chypre
Amouage MEMOIR WOMAN is a thick and satisfying oriental chypre with a marked smoky leather note which darkens the composition overall while at the same time framing the lighter floral and fruity notes. I do not find the leather very animalic; it almost seems like dark-roasted tobacco, in fact.

As the composition develops, the smokiness fades to a light shadow of itself, while the labdanum becomes more prominent. The heavy hitters--including clove, absinthe, cardamom, pepper, styrax and incense--are judiciously measured in this composition so that none overwhelms the other notes.

MEMOIR is definitely a modern chypre, à la COCO MADEMOISELLE, BRYANT PARK, or LEXINGTON AVENUE, albeit not sweet, and nothing at all like the classic chypres, including MITSOUKO, FEMME ROCHAS, et al.

This creation strikes me as well-named. Multilayered and compelling, MEMOIR WOMAN has a significant and worthwhile development trajectory, which mimics the manner in which memories proliferate in consciousness as one reflects upon the past: one image leads to another until by the end one may even forget what started it all given where one lands… In this case, a scrumptious and complex perfume of the oriental-chypre kind…

My favorite Amouage so far...

JoaoMartins 122 days ago
Stunning perfume. For classy powerful girls!
Ancaan 17 months ago
Deep green and black veils, herbal and smoky, spices and leather. Drop dead gorgeous.+4
Lexa 2 years ago
Beautiful incense.Green chypre with spices and a blooming gothic rose.Sexy as hell,the best Amouage for many ladies out there.And it is.+1
Bottle 8.0

• by Leo4 by Leo4
  • by Leimbacher by Leimbacher
  • by Merlina by Merlina

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Reflection Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage