Myths Man 2016

Myths Man by Amouage
Myths Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2016. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesChrysanthemumChrysanthemum
Elemi resinElemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum
AshAsh
LeatherLeather

Submitted by Merlina, last update on 25.10.2021.

Rubirosa
An attempt at redemption... or more than that?
I'd rather admit it right now: I'm an Amouage fan boy.
Thus inclined to wish or seek the good in it.
Still, I have the sternest critic at home: the fair missus.

Myths Man is my latest acquisition, bought in the SOUK at a friendly Parfumo.
After all, the reviews didn't bode well, but a bottle half-full at a fair price wasn't an unacceptable hurdle.

Unpacked and applied with the as usual good spray head a nice splash on the forearm. First sniffed incredulously and then the lady of the heart the arm to the cross check handed.
Her reaction was worth seeing! Face contorted in disgust with a pained cry and a fervent plea for me to wash it off.
Whether it was due to the iris, we didn't care at that moment - the thing smelled like cat p**e.

But we had a relaxing afternoon on the patio and I bravely stayed and sniffed the developing. Amouage can do that!
After about 30 minutes, a clear change was perceivable.
The patience had paid off. Out peeled a subtle rose on the dung heap, underpinned by some subtle smoke that gave it a masculine note. I don't find the campfire ash in the often described pronouncement. (Would also not be my thing)

So, dare, take your time, try Myths - it is an experience.
Not something to put on quickly before man rushes out of the house. Also, no occasion-free ever walker, but an olfactory journey with a heavy start and beautiful arrival.

In a detailed evaluation I would:
10 points for the bottle awarded
10 points for the development of the fragrance
10 points for the courage of the perfumers to dare such a thing
10 points for anyone who wears Myths in everyday life ;-)

...oh so, brutally long-lasting he is also and the Sillage is curse as well as blessing.

Honor restored? Decide for yourself!
Daydreaming
Exorcising Satan with cough syrup and ashes.
Sitting on the dark Chesterfield sofa.
Drinking a little glass of rum beside it the bottle.
Looking out into the garden and the old curtains.
Myths-Man sample forgotten in my pocket.

Strange scent, extraño...
The dry down 12 hours later is sheer bliss. To get there though, ugh...

I’ve been very curious about Myths Man since it’s debut. I had finally snagged a 1ml sample of this that I’ve been playing with for about a week now up to full wearings. This is an incredibly complex strong scent that for real only needs drops. I can appreciate the quality of ingredients and superb blending but to my nose, this is horrendous! Myths Man is beyond heavy and demanding. It’s a strange smell to unseasoned noses. You gotta remember, this is a middle eastern perfume house so it’s going to be strange and strong. I’ve smelled so many middle eastern perfumes and genuine oud so I can appreciate this blend considerably but my God, if this isn’t one for the books.

As a whole, to my nose, this smells ‘exactly’ like a perfumed version of WD40 spray lubricant mixed with Raid big spray original in the red labeled can mixed furthermore with a cigarette butt smooshed on top... while in the background is this old lady vibe that makes me shudder in horror. I have this thing about old lady scents, partly because every time I experience one out in public it’s way too strong. Myths Man is absolutely nauseating to me ‘although’ the very far dry down of this is quite intoxicating strange. What’s the point in having to wait for that?

Now, the ingredients are amazing. It is a genuine chrysanthemum flower all green and soapy which should be the first voted note by the way followed by a harsh and ashy dark leather accord and an animalic and strong labdanum (labdanum is where some folks are smelling feces) smoothed out somewhat by crisp vetiver, powdery lipstick like rooty orris, a very soft rose, subdued sweet rum and balmy funky elemi resin. The whole thing is a juxtaposing nose fuck that just reminds me of lubricating oil, bug spray, powdery soap, women’s make up and harshness. It’s so cold and so somber and depressing.

The perfume is a work of art that for myself is totally unwearable. I couldn’t imagine atomizing this. The flacon is top though, wow what a nice presentation. I swear to you that I will more than likely buy this ‘just’ for that flacon.

SuperfredeSuperfrede 7 months ago
Very unique and fairly daring scent. I'm getting a burnt rubber smell with small hints of something floral. It's kinda good but not for me.
DTCDTC 8 months ago
Una bonita mezcla de flores, humo y resinas . Muy oonible y de mis favoritas de Amouage
Oscarsh86Oscarsh86 3 years ago
So nice. The dry down is beautiful.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
Sibling of Interlude Man. Definitely not a blind buy perfume.
The smoky, leathery & flowery scents will choke u if u are not ready for it.
FqjciorFqjcior 4 years ago
Totally unique mixture of soapy flowers with reisns and incredible ashy drydown. Fantastic but not for the faint of heart. 100% Amouage.
CarlosspCarlossp 4 years ago
For the price of this house I expected something more, not the typical combination of flowers and Amouage incense.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
At first daring and masterful combination of flowers and smoke, then beatiful cool (sometimes sweetish) smoke with Amouage signature. Top!!!

by VanAllan
by Zauber600
by Pietros921
by Pietros921

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage