Myths Woman (2016)

Myths Woman by Amouage

Myths Woman is a perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesNarcissus, Violet leaf, Galbanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Patchouli, Ambergris
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Moss, Musk

Submitted by Merlina, last update on 26.07.2020.

Serafina
Unfortunately (at times) he really smells of me!
"Myths" does sound a little like "müffs"...A meanwhile stale joke, but unfortunately it applies to me, at least temporarily Perhaps I should send in advance that I am judging a bottling here, which may have changed a little over time, because my initial evaluation after receipt was 7.0 (school grade 3 plus).
But now I had to lower the rating. Immediately after spraying I would give a 5.0 (school grade 4), which is just the limit where I don't have to do the dishes yet, because I don't like the smell. But it's not really nice on my skin either...the scent looks as if it's not fresh anymore without the typical tipping notes. It looks flowery, but there is a strong note that reminds me of tea tree oil. That wouldn't be too bad, I like this tart, camphor-like smell, but there is also a slightly urine-like note, fortunately on me it's relatively discreet, because I can't stand that kind of smell. First also reports about this note, although she doesn't mind it as much as I do. (Slight) urinary incontinence...unfortunately at my age (49) a quite possible problem - you don't even want to get into the whiff of suspicion! In the later course, however, the perfume gains something on me again - it then appears mossy green and halfway acceptable - here I could do. a 7.0 awarded.

But no, looking at the whole process, "Myths Women" is simply nothing for me! And the bottle is so beautiful...but I only have a few ml bottles anyway.
All in all, I think a 6.0 is a fair assessment.

Amouage "Myths Woman"
A fellow perfumista once remarked (and I fully concur with this sentiment) that Amouage comes under fire no matter what sort of new fragrance they introduce. On the one hand, people moan that the company has set a low standard with un-Amouage-like scents such as “Lilac Love” or “Blossom Love” (a deviation from the company’s Arab roots is often quoted as the main complaint). Others, on the other hand, feel uncomfortable when Amouage releases a fragrance that does not follow suit, blaming its outlandish composition for its unwearability. “Myths Woman” is a case in point for the latter.

The thing that immediately struck me when I first sampled “Myths Woman” was how uninviting it smelt. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t mean this is an unpleasant aroma, it just flatly refuses to play the usual repertoire of tricks. There are no seductive sweet notes, no tangy spiciness or soft woodiness. This is an outdoorsy perfume which transports you right into the middle of a narcissus-and-chrysanthemum flowerbed. In addition to the flowers, you can catch light whiffs of composted soil to intensify your experience of the “great outdoors”. In about two hours, the perfume invites you to enter a different place: a dimly lit bar. However, you can’t help noticing there’s something odd about it: it’s deserted and the only trace of human presence is a stale smell of sweat mixed with cigarette smoke.

There’s no doubt “Myths Woman” is a nod to leathery green chypres of a bygone era. It successfully emulates not only their composition, but also a trademark feature of this category of scents, namely an air of standoffishness. “Myths Woman” may never become the signature fragrance of “shiny, happy people”, yet I’m sure some daydreamers and wanderers will be able to uncover and bask in its rugged beauty.

HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Well made chypre with a strong retro touch and a (slight) soapy hint.

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage