Library Collection - Opus II 2010

Library Collection - Opus II by Amouage
Library Collection - Opus II is a perfume by Amouage for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinthAbsinth
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
FrankincenseFrankincense
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.05.2021.

Forest work
Today I sprayed Work II - which really reminds me of "working" in the sense of working.

To be more precise, to forestry work - because wood is omnipresent.

I had married a forest farmer, and felt obliged to accompany him and his strong men to work in the local forest.
The peeler was about as big as me garden gnome, and the pithy foresters had to smile at the sight.

The peeling work took place in winter, so that I slipped out at regular intervals, sliding down the slopes on my knees.

The beautiful song " Waldeslust " sounded in my ear, because I had imagined the forest work much more poetically.
Also the peeling work demanded my thin little arms - and one of the strong forest bears said laughing: Na Tina - is still a long way to become a skilled forest worker !
I guess he was right - although I did my best to keep up.

Nevertheless, the forest impressed me in its original wildness, which also demanded a lot from the strong men.

No, not a women's job - and Opus II is not a women's fragrance either.

Weatherproof guys must be seasoned.
On my tree-sized husband, the spicy woody scent would have cut a good figure - because he didn't mind hard work - but even pleasure.

Opus II is a fragrance for real men who can get down to business.
Hot from the forehead, the sweat must run - should the work praise the master ;

These lines by Schiller have been well captured in " Werk II.

Where a forest and a barbershop collide...
I had zero preconception of the nature of Amouage OPUS II, aside from the usual expectation that the ingredients would be excellent. The moment I donned this juice, the first words out of my mouth were: "This is masculine." Was it the dollop of creamy lavender? Or the abundance of woods and green trees? Or perhaps the absinthe? In fact they all conspired to the same conclusion.

So, no, I personally would not classify this scent as unisex, except in the world where we altogether reject the validity of that distinction. Yes, it would be possible for women to wear this perfume, but I probably would not want to very often. I definitely would not select this among the Amouage perfumes to purchase, because to my nose, it smacks of a forest in a barbershop. Or is it a barbershop in a forest?

Looking at the notes, it becomes clear: OPUS II *is* a simulacrum of a barbershop in a forest! And it's a nice one, to be sure: a high-class Italian barbershop which happens to have been built in the middle of a vast forest of tall evergreen trees. It combines the suave appeal of the well-scented gent with the rugged appeal of Paul Bunyan in the woods. I am sure that this would work well for many men, but it's definitely not for me. Would I like to smell it on the men around me? Sure, why not?

by ChopIsland
by OvidiuH
by Miaw2
by Miaw2

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage