Portrayal Woman (2019)

Portrayal Woman by Amouage

Portrayal Woman is a new perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesElemi resin

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 06.11.2019

9.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Hägar13
Everything a question of dosage?
A bold sprayer - lovely, not stinging jasmine fragrance, wrapped in cream. Nothing with tobacco.
One sprayer too many - your own fault;)
Super Sillage, I prefer a perfume that I not only smell when I have to smell directly with my nose, but that I also perceive an arm length away well!
There are so dreamlike smells, with which I must fog myself however so around this effect to obtain!
I didn't think I'd like this fragrance because I'm not exactly a jasmine fan. And after the statements, I was almost sure he was nothing to me. How to be wrong:)
Not always, but sometimes it needs such a "firecracker".
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Perception
A nice souk fairy gave me a portrait rehearsal, my anticipation was inappropriately great. But the wasps who didn't want to leave the area around my neck had the greatest joy. Well, unfortunately I didn't find the scent sooo attractive. Thin, nice, smooth....a bastard child in Amouage Family. ....fears flying slippers :)))

The representation
I am completely honest so far I personally have not become so completely warm with the Amouage fragrances but now I have also flashed a fragrance of it absolutely portryal. In the first moment you drown in jasmine, I find it wonderful because I love jasmine. The jasmine note remains point, but it gets weaker and softer but almost tender I would say. A dear friend said this fragrance smells very noble, expensive and exquisite. But only after about two hours, then everything has settled and the vanilla and the fine aroma of an incredibly good oriental tobacco mixes into it. Reminds me of the movies from the 20's and 30's where the rich ladies with their noble clothes and a very feminine scent went into the opium caves to get intoxicated. This picture comes to my mind without any negative touch, rather noble, wicked and mysterious. This very exclusive fine fragrance is unusual, stands out absolutely on the fragrance market and lasts super long, actually all day long. The fragrance is for me the personified feminine, soft, powerful, demanding but also sooo tender. The bottle is a little treasure, irritating, perhaps by the colors a little psychedelic, one would like to look at all the time. The price is like all Amouage fragrances expensive but absolutely worth the durability and value of the fragrance and the bottle. This fragrance has celebrated its entry into my life and I catch myself grabbing it more and more often - will that be a deeper love?

The invisible third party
Since I had missed the last Sharings of "Love Tuberose", I jumped like wild on the Sharing of the "Portrayal". As soon as the 10ml reservation was out, I read the scents for the first time and got a preventative headache. God oh God - Jasmine. Pooh and tobacco WITH jasmine. Oh you Ka** - Elemiharz!
I regularly pollute my house with my Arabic incense pots and have small incense resin packages sent to me from Morocco, behind whose sonorous names one or two surprises lie dormant. And I'd already been hit by the full booming of Elemiharz: herbaceous, stinging, medical, greenish smelly, strange, so strange that I poured the resin and burning coal into the toilet within a minute with horror. Elemi oil was used by the ancient Egyptians for embalming and is still used today for smoking against pests, which seems absolutely obvious to me in view of the smell.

I watched as the sharing slowly filled up and first called up the perfume page every morning in the hope that someone would leave a description of the scent to calm my nerves.
Amourage then appeared with her statement like the shining archangel herself and dried my fear sweat: "Clean-Flower-Fresh-Wascheduft". That changed EVERYTHING. From "saddened to death" my mood swung to breathlessly enthusiastic anticipation.
In my beloved "Bracken" there are echoes that show that AMOUAGE can also be used in fabric softener and fresh. The jasmine and vanilla gave hope that the stone-cold, absurd freshness of "Bracken" could be translated into a more socially acceptable friendliness.

I've never transferred money with so much momentum before! And then I waited... and waited... and then he was DA!
A thousand thanks to dear IrinaBerlin for this great opportunity! A revelation! With Amouage I tend to talk about fragrances a little bit beautifully - with "Portrayal" everything fitted from the first moment on.
For me it's not a fragrance that you have to smell into as a carrier, but it seems to be a fragrance that the others all around have to smell into. My "scent observers" only gave out cries of delight after a few days. Since I suffer from too much self-confidence, I smiled at them indulgently like small, stupid children and patted myself on the shoulder from all sides to admire my incomparable taste.

The jasmine of the top note is reminiscent of the radiant acacia blossom. Vanilla smoothes the scent and cannot be scented individually, just as tobacco only functions as a frame.
A light, muted sweetness seems to me like a hint of a finger that Amouage is simply hiding fragrances here: the top note contains components that can also be found in the complicated "Vepres Siciliennes": Magnolia? Oakmoss? Perhaps the elemi resin only plays different roles here, as it can be very multifaceted: woody, lemony-tough, dull-green, refreshing, with facets of fennel.

All this makes the fragrance stand out far from the little girl's corner and from the age of 20 it appears ageless. Feminine, after all, is the nicer word for madamig.
Another positive aspect is that if you 'accidentally' pour the fragrance over yourself with enthusiasm, it will not cause you to suffocate, the Sillage remains the same, strong and persevering, but without burning eyes or olfactory tinnitus.

"Portrayal" plays with expectations at a high level here: it's definitely NOT THAT what you expected and a lot of what you'd get from EVERY perfume!

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage