Reflection Man 2007

Reflection Man by Amouage
Bottle Design Asprey
Top 4 in Men's Perfume
Reflection Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Oud

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesRosemary, Red pepper, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 15.04.2021.

very fine
The Le Male comparison I do not really see.
This is really fine and balanced between a subtle florality and very slightly spicy, soft woodiness.
Really quite year suitable and reacts nicely with the skin and sweat. Therefore, for me very summer suitable.
( Le Male was my first perfume when I was 12. I appreciate it very much for what it is and was. However, Amouages Reflection is if anything the similar direction with 10% DNA/ vibe)
High quality compliment magnet
Parkfumo
Never heard of it, never read it.
I've never read anything about the fragrance before, and I sprayed it on my skin for the first time a few minutes ago. For my untrained nose, the scent comes from the direction of Dior Homme Intense. But then, it's quite different. Within the first ten minutes, it wasn't that my scent, but slowly the sweetness comes in and softens the sandalwood present. I hope he does not become much sweeter.
If I imagine the fragrance as a room: then I see a room with indirect light, orange walls, lots of wood and a pleasant calm. Here and there are a few large vases with small trees
The scent that stays!
i can only say it again and again, this scent is exactly what i have always been looking for. refreshing and for every occasion to have and compliments are without end!
summer 2019, a bar in my city, me and this fragrance, in front of me probably the best cocktail in the world and the most beautiful woman at my side. this image stays with me forever after I have applied this fragrance for the first time and really "tested" :)
Shpend
Mhh... I know him, don't I??
It was a blind purchase, after all the very positive reviews. Bottle opened and immediately tried times, already went the confusion in the head, I know but ?! Or not? I do not know....
A beautiful fragrance, but still very familiar, it came up memories, as I have emptied the Joop Homme tester at Karstadt, with 15, to impress the girls Then again, there was this similarity to the Le Male, a similarity to the two fragrances mentioned, you can not deny, but it is different, more complex, more adult, BETTER.
Tastes are different , but with this fragrance you usually do nothing wrong , it surrounds a very harmonious fragrance cloud , which has so far always brought compliments.
The price is of course ne announcement, but you treat yourself to nothing else?

Reflection of my OWN!
So, I've had an interesting experience with Reflection Man that I would like to share. I've been searching for a male floral fragrance to add to my collection and several people suggested I try Reflection. Upon my first sniff, I was reminded of JPG, as so many other people have stated, even though I haven't smelt JPG for years.

Although there are obvious similarities, that's not to say they are the same. Reflection is smoother, more refined, and obviously better quality. I would describe this fragrance as a sweet floral on a creamy woody base with a very slight hint of spice. There's nothing else I can add regarding its fragrance profile that hasn't been saying a hundred times below.

I decided to purchase a full bottle, for starters, the smell is slightly different in that it's a bit sharper and spicier. Although I'm testing from memory it doesn't seem quite as smooth as the first bottle that I sent back, although the difference is minor.

However, the new bottle's main difference is in performance. Not only does it last significantly longer, but it also projects much more too and is much more in keeping with the performance I would expect from this house and price point - I've been wearing it all day and it's still projecting nicely. My new bottle is made in Oman.

I know both bottles are legit and not fake so is there really a difference between 'made in the UK' and 'made in Oman' bottles or does Reflection Man suffer from batch variations? I'm certainly pleased I tried another bottle!

I'm sharing this because I know many people have been put off because of performance issues, so it might be worth shopping around to find a 'made in Oman' bottle if you like this fragrance.
Score on a date!
I can tell here in the first sentence of this comment that this is a real ladies favorite! To the gentlemen out there: PLEASE TEST!

But before I start my gushing here is my scent description:

i smell floral and slightly sweet notes at the beginning and especially sandalwood. Bitter orange is also immediately noticeable, but becomes softer and warmer with time. The scent evolves into a powdery and spicy direction, which to be honest I find seeeevery sexy.
For me, this is a fragrance for a perfect date. The gentleman going on a date here has a lot of style and already has many professional achievements to his name (no idea why this image pops into my head). He likes to wear suits during the day, but likes to put them down in his free time - but is still very high quality dressed here ....vllt with stylish chino pants, leather loafers in brown and a casual white shirt (unbuttoned wide of course ;) ).
Durability of the fragrance about 7 hours, the sillage is good but not a beast (this fragrance must not be).
Definitely worth a test :)
(P.S I have assigned this fragrance to a particular role of a series ;) See YouTube)

Greetings
Your
Angelina

Noble and special
I have read and heard a lot about the fragrance, was fire and flame. I bought it blindly and have annoyed me in the first moment because I was not so excited at first. It smelled to me like a Mischubg from JPG Le Male and JOOP Homme but after about 40-60 minutes there was something more noble and I suddenly liked it very much. In my opinion such a fragrance fits well for weddings, big birthdays or whenever you wear a shirt or suit. Fresh with a noble touch. Very nice. And by the way liiiiiieeebbbee I the flacon. Very elegant .

Love greetings

Maik
I am sorry
Friends..

I'm sorry
Have the fragrance as a sample here.... came yesterday, 7 times on the body this morning.
Feel lost... is it the expectations? No it's the smell, it reminds me of my grandma's bedroom in the early 90s in Siberia.
Who sees my collection, will find that this fragrance does not fit at all and unfortunately will never fit. Tastes are different, but my fragrance will never be...
Please no shitstorm now??
Rank 2 on Parfumo
Due to the fact that this fragrance is ranked 2nd on this portal, I had high expectations of the sample which I ordered. After the first spray I took a hint of orange, closely followed by flowers. White floral flowers. Slowly, the neroli also comes in, which reminds me a little bit of a "Omaparfum".
Fragrance smells however nevertheless high-quality & also very pleasant.

Durability & sillage were not necessarily intoxicating, which I expect in a non-fragrance in such a price range. Depends of course on the batch on it. My sample was from 2020. have heard the 2021 should perform well.

For me, quite a good fragrance, but now also nothing earth-shattering. Am only new in the "perfume game" & have thus also not so much comparison & stop.

Thanks for reading my first comment :)
Reflections in my eyes
It's getting dark, make my way to work, close the doors
Behind me and spread my soul
Live my dream, my path I walk, my life I live, see in
My eyes

In my eyes - reflections! In my eyes - reflections!

These lines will certainly not sound familiar to everyone, yet they remind me of my student days, when, as we all know, one "reflects" the most.

And indeed, "Reflection Man" by Amouage radiates a smoothness and cleanliness that one could think to be reflected in it. At least that's how I interpret the name of this fragrance.

Amouage... it's all about opulence, the Orient, and niche. "Reflection Man" may not really fit in there, he is but rather straightforward, floral-fresh-sweet and even a bit boring, evil tongues claim, he is not at all "niche", at least measured by the Amouage standard. Thus, he is able to polarize similar to Layton of Parfums of the Marley, which yes similar properties are "accused".

Nevertheless, or just because of it, it is my new favorite fragrance! Niche or not, discussions about batch, etc. times aside (I'll get to it later) - the pure fragrance DNA is for me the best thing I've smelled so far (and I've already been able to test a few fragrances in the meantime).

Reflection Man starts peppery and slightly fruity, but directly also fresh. With some concentration can also definitely smell out the bitter orange. Already here the fragrance is something very special for me. It is yes said that the prelude "Le Male" should resemble, what I can not comment but due to lack of experience.

The fragrance then turns but relatively quickly in the fresh-floral (anyway, my favorite fragrance, see Sillage of Armaf), where you can excellently pass out the Neroli. Who knows Neroli Portofino or even just 4711 Cologne, knows what I'm talking about.

At the same time, the fragrance is not only fresh and floral, but also sweet, which is certainly due to the interaction of the various floral notes. So Neroli, jasmine and ylang-ylang yes also a radiant and lovely sweetness inherent. This holds back but just at the beginning still something, which benefits the fragrance development very much.

In the drydown, the fragrance is then increasingly sweet, supported especially by the sandalwood and cedar and of course the patchouli. Nevertheless, the fragrance is not overbearingly sweet and always retains a certain, noble freshness until the end. Some describe the fragrance as smelling like money, in the sense that wealthy individuals would wear this fragrance. This may certainly be because the fragrance exudes an elegance and class associated with successful people.

Speaking of drydown - now I'd like to touch a little on the discussion of durability. As you know, there is the "made in Oman" version here and the "made in UK" version (Oman is supposed to last longer). For me, it all started when I ordered a bottling here on Parfumo and was thrilled. So excited, in fact, that I decided to buy a whole bottle (I didn't want to have to spend another day of my life without this scent!). However, being troubled by the whole Oman vs UK discussion, I asked which version it was - it was the UK and the "magnet cap" version. And what can I say, with me the filling held say and write 15(!) hours on my skin; in the evening at half past five sprayed on, the next day in the morning at 9 o'clock still relatively strongly perceived (confirmed by my wife)!

The sillage is incidentally also not from bad parents and "reflects" strongly ab.

Nevertheless, I asked for an Oman version when ordering from Notino and received! Both versions start very similar, not to say identical; I could not perceive a difference. Especially in the beginning, the fragrance reflects really strongly. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the bottling is a bit stronger after all and also projects a bit longer than the fragrance from my bottle. But this may also be imagination, or due to my now certainly setting olfactory fatigue, however, the direct comparison actually leaves no doubt. In addition, perfumes are to become stronger over time, as soon as a little more oxygen in the bottle is; from therefore it could possibly also be simply because my impression described here is based on the very first spritzers from a new bottle.

Also in terms of durability, the new bottle seems to have to make sacrifices compared to the filling. While the filling as described above easily cracks the 10+ hours mark, my Oman version already seems to make after 4-5 hours more or less flabby and is only noticeable when I press my nose full on the sprayed skin. From this point of view, I have to determine a difference (unfortunately), but here the UK version has the nose in front compared to the Oman version. What would still be to note, is that on my bottle the word "Reflection" is (under the Amouage lettering, which also seems to be new).

But as I said, this is all to be taken with a grain of salt and may yet change over time. Should this be the case, I will write another addendum to that effect. Here it should also be noted that my quantitative assessment of the fragrance refers to the filling, since the fragrance can obviously if he wants it (my Oman version wants just probably at the moment just not yet as I want :)). Writes your own experiences gladly here as a response.

The bottle is very chic and fits perfectly to what the fragrance radiates, so class, elegance and timelessness. The cap is magnetic and fits beautifully on the bottle.

Another interesting fact is that the cap is said to resemble Oman's traditional ceremonial dagger, the khanjar. This is still an integral part of the men's ceremonial, official costume to this day. I never understood this, why the cap should resemble a dagger, but after a closer look it becomes clear that the cap does not resemble the dagger as such, but the pommel of the dagger handle; and this even impressively accurate. Even the crystal is partially there (by the way, the cap of Amouage women's perfumes is said to be reminiscent of the dome / cupola of the Sultan Qabus Mosque in Oman). What I find less beautiful, however, is that you can see from behind through the bottle the glue with which the Amouage seal was stuck on the front of the bottle; this unfortunately prevents the maximum rating of 10.

Reflection Man is an "everwalker", certainly also a "crowdpleaser", but certainly not a "cheapie", to use just a few terms from the recently published perfume dictionary here on Parfumo. Beyond that, as I said, it's my new favorite scent, making it my "signature scent" (just ahead of Sillage by Armaf), as it really fits every season and occasion. So, enough reflected...

This is what I experience so, 'n puzzle piece from my life. This is what I

Sometimes I think, that's what I see

In my eyes - reflections! In my eyes - reflections!

TaoEuringerTaoEuringer 3 days ago
A rather interesting and unique construction. Personally, it lacks naturals however it has consolidated itself as a modern classic
911Frags911Frags 5 months ago
A dumb reach for niche beginners !!!
cool mature Scent, and i dont think its smell like La male... not even close
JotaJota 5 months ago
This one exudes class and sophistication. One of the best male floral fragrances i ever met. No need to say more. Love, love, love this one.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 7 months ago
Amazing and too expansive, opens floral-neroli and dries down strong Sandal like Pegasus so for the price I go with Pegasus
TRehfTRehf 8 months ago
Elegant & floral-woody. Great quality & performance. All seasons, but office or upscale events. Compliment getter. Not similar to Le Male.
GreMuserGreMuser 9 months ago
I see this as a mature/serious take on LeMale, very plain pleasant but for mature well established people.
GONZALOGONZALO 9 months ago
The most alluring floral scent for a man. Perfect for a warm day, incredibly gentlemanly personality.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 10 months ago
Despite the pronounced spicy opening, this sweet powdery-floral Spring fragrance is nicely balanced by its gentle warm-woody base. Awesome!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Floral, sweet, powdery and woodsy. Well balanced and elegant. I get mainly the jasmine, neroli and sandalwood notes. It has a Le Mâle vibe.
KimesKimes 12 months ago
Great fragrance, longevity and sillage is quite avarage tho.

by Gerus525
by Smoetn
by Smoetn
Reflections im Lavendel
by Morgaina
When there is male and female version of a perfume, Why do I always like the male version better than the female?
by MariaS
by Kenshin
by Aglianico
by Aglianico

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage