Reflection Man (2007)

Reflection Man by Amouage
Bottle Design: Asprey

Reflection Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesRosemary, Red pepper, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 21.04.2019

9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Do I smell a horse?
Hello dear people,

I'll get right to the point, for all those who don't want to hear any stories, but want to know whether they want to sample the scent and whether it is suitable for their collection. Reflection Man opens with a floral-sweet slap in the face. That smells awesome. It smells very balanced and well done and changes into a metallic sweetness in the heart note. This place smells like a very expensive shower gel to me. Which is really not meant negatively in this context. It smells expensive and is certainly crowdpleasing. These two notes, however, only smell very short, as just mentioned, and pass quite quickly into the base. And now we come to the heading. Because all of you, or maybe some of you, have already tried Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed. You may have smelled Individual and Original Santal. And I assure you, so at least in my perception there was a small but subtle difference in both examples. Despite their relative similarity, it was possible to distinguish between the two. So I just say, what is only true for the people who know PDM Pegasus, that nobody, absolutely nobody, can distinguish the Drydown from Pegasus and the Drydown from Reflection Man, IF it can be smelled in the air. Because one thing's for sure, Pegasus is a nuclear bomb! Reflection Man is more the gentleman of the two. This is of course as always absolutely sujective, but I could never tell the difference between the two scents if I smelled them in the air, except one was a little stronger than the other. So I commend you, is Pegasus too loud for you? Do you not want, despite the smell, which fits super in warmer weather, to hit in my opinion, completely so hard on the shit, if it is so warm and avoids to carry therefore said atomic bomb? But you like the metallic-floral-sweet scent DNA? Then get Reflection Man. Pegasus lasts a bit longer, is a lot louder, Reflection is quieter, a bit more reserved and still present. What you prefer here is up to you. If you haven't smelled Pegasus yet and Reflection is too quiet for you, or if you're not completely convinced of its charisma, you can't do anything wrong with Pegasus. I hope I was able to help one or the other to estimate the smell and wish you beautiful Easter!

Love
Dave
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Godlikerer
Where do you buy Le Male?!
What a wonderful scent! Occasionally you get a compliment from man and woman. In my experience, screaming rulers of women who throw slippers at you have not yet (completely surprisingly) appeared, but for me the scent has a very high feel-good factor.
There may be some parallels between the two scents, but in my nose Reflection Le Male is way ahead. Especially now, when Le Male feels like greeting politely for a moment and immediately makes a Polish. Maybe many have another little water from the past to compare. Similar dilution can also be accused of Amouage, but with Reflection the shelf life is at least still above average. (At Jubilation I found it quite sad, because it was one of the most beautiful fragrances for me. He's just a shadow of himself for my nose.)
Everything about the fragrance has been described very accurately and much more accurately than I could ever express. In this sense, many thanks to the nice community. I never should have gotten to know this scent otherwise!
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

DarkWinterCS
Metallic cool and super noble
Reflection man, a fragrance that is always regarded and named as the flagship of niche fragrances alongside Layton. In my personal taste I can agree more with this statement in the Reflection man than the perfumes de Marly Duft.
The first time I sprayed it on my skin, it brought back memories of when I bought my first real fragrance when I was a teenager. It was then "Time to Play" by Bruno Banani. Whether it was declared as an edition for men or women at that time, I don't know anymore and it doesn't matter today. However, this fragrance had a similar scent character, which was less valuable and smelled metallic. The love to the nevertheless favorable Time to play never vanished, even if I have not smelled him for 10 years anymore.
Especially the scent and the constant metallic note with light freshness, light sweetness and delicate flowery beginnings let me cheer inside. Rarely have you had such a good, clearly structured and sensual scent in your nose that you don't notice its oriental origin. But this should not be a point of criticism.
I can't subjectively understand the fact that some parallels to Le Male are sniffed out, because for me it smells less spicy and fresh, but rather sweet with very fine fresh notes.

Big cinema and a smell to kneel down

La luxe de Male
For me here are definitely similarities to Le Male.
However, Reflection is much higher quality, more floral and has more style.
He is a very good compliment getter.
Even if he is clearly better than Le Male, the dreamlike seductive base note of Le Male, which appears after 6-7h, unfortunately does not come up to the reflection.
I think Amouage could have made it a little more powdery as a base.
But you can't have everything and for many people it's surely just right.

The Le Male in a pinstripe suit.

No perfection but majesty!

10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Gury
Le Male? The nose must have been clogged..
Have you read so many comments that Le Male is supposed to be the scent twin of this masterpiece? Sorry, but with respect: Ridiculous

Amouage is much more complex and not as monotonous as Le Male by Jean-Paul Gaultier. Clearly in the beginning and with not so practiced noses one smells a slight smell of Le Male, but just in the later course clear differences come up. Slightly cool, slightly spicy-fresh, Reflection Man caresses my nose and to the delight of my environment, including those.

If you want a great fragrance that looks luxurious to me and that you can always wear, you should treat yourself to it. Moreover, compliments are not long in coming. Simply great, even if the Sillage could be a little bit better
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Adrian308
"Pearl of the Middle East"
I bought the fragrance myself and was convinced since 1 minute that it would become one of my favourite fragrances. Amouage alone the name of these brands lets you fall into the pleasures of the Orient and sink into thought. In the top note it smells sweet and powdery on my skin but then develops into something flowery, a little bit indescribable as a men's fragrance. The durability is more than good as well as you can expect at this price. I got some compliments for it but you should consider the occasion I dare to say it would go down in a club
Amouage Reflection Man in my eyes timeless.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Why Reflection is better than a Ferrari
Since here many comments partly seem lyrical I would like to try here once to write a rather "technical" description. The trigger for this was a recent discussion with friends about cars, scents and feelings about life (yes, it was a long, stimulating night)
But why the comparison with a Ferrari? This is often used as a comparison, e.g. "The Ferrari among fragrances"
But I can't agree with that in relation to Reflection and will give some reasons for this now.
The first impression:
Both the car and the Reflection make an impression, with Reflection doing better than the Ferrari because it is not as ostentatious, Prollig. The bottle has something noble, familiar and calm, actually quite unagitated. First point for the fragrance.
The craft :
In my opinion, Reflection is much better processed than the sports car. The Ferrari is uncomfortable and is really not a masterpiece in terms of craftsmanship. This ranges from rattling parts of the interior fittings to the unsuitable gap masses. The scent is completely different. Actually, there are no splitting masses here. The fragrance composition unites to a large whole, without me being able to define the individual nuances magnificently. If I had to commit myself here I would say a mixture of rosemary, ylang-ylang and soft woods. But that's what makes this fragrance so interesting. The dot also goes here to the fragrance.
The Start:
The Ferrari starts loudly, stutteringly and obtrusively, already rather unpleasantly. Also here completely different Reflection. It begins, at least on my skin, completely unagitated, caresses me and provides from the outset for a feel-good atmosphere. There's no dropouts, he's just right there. Point for Reflection.
The course:
The Ferrari accelerates and then passes quickly. Reflection stays with me for 4 to 5 hours. Anyway, I won't be able to see him myself. Throughout, Reflection maintains this warm, soft feel-good atmosphere without changing dramatically. The rosemary retreats, which in my opinion makes the fragrance even warmer. It remains the delicate woody and a hint of ylang-ylang without ever being syntetic which creates closeness and trust. Point for Reflection.
The price:
Both the Ferrari and Reflection are not exactly cheap. Are they really worth the money? Not in my opinion, but that's for everyone to decide for themselves. In any case, it is the case with both that here not "only" the product but a (life) feeling is acquired, which could justify the high price in the end still.
Conclusion:
Reflection is for me the winner in all points and therefore better than a Ferrari.
Due to the warm, soft fragrance composition, which is very unagitated and unobtrusive, it is a fragrance for every day and every occasion. No matter if work, date or festive occasion.
That's exactly what makes him the perfect companion for me, especially during my work, when I'm constantly dealing with people and when I'm falling below the individual distances. Reflection provides the necessary closeness and trust without occupying a certain nuance with negative associations.
This fragrance has become one of my absolute favourites and inspires me again and again with its gentle, unobtrusive nature.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Friends for life!
I love perfume. I love good and stylish clothes. I love it when men show their masculinity: 3-day beard, open shirt that brings out the chest hair. And I love good parties. And I love Reflection on current occasions:

In my circle of friends I am known for the fact that I always smell differently. Well, it's always exaggerated, but for her it's just as good because I wear as good as another perfume every day. Just as the mood takes you.
Last week, it was Thursday evening, I was online here for quite some time and I discovered here in the Souk Reflection 100ml incl. 300ml shower gel in a stable box for completely €135.-- In addition to that this Reflection is "Made in Oman". Since Reflection had long since been a desired candidate, but the original price always deterred me from buying it, I didn't think long and wrote the perfume. "This is THE scent for the party the day after tomorrow to which I am invited" I thought to myself and was full of euphoria. In this euphoria, I also explained to the perfumer that I absolutely wanted to wear the scent on Saturday. "It's gonna be close, if not impossible" was my next thought. But as it is with me: happiness is often on my side. The Parmumo drove to the Packstation on Thursday evening and delivered the parcel there. And the miracle was: On Saturday morning, exactly at 12:30 pm, I held Reflection in my hands. My heart was beating and I could have embraced the whole world.

It was 6:00 now. I showered with the Reflection shower gel. The whole bathroom, no, the whole apartment was covered in a soft reflective fragrance. To melt away! "I smiled inside myself I then slipped into one of my designer jeans, pulled a black shirt over it, 3-button open and then came THE moment: for the first time I sprayed Reflection on myself: a sprayer behind each ear, two on the chest and a spray shot behind the neck. Boh ey, what a moment! I closed my eyes and enjoyed the following silence with reflection. Indescribable! I was already thinking about the party.
At 7 p.m. it rang and a very good friend picked me up. We didn't even drive 2 minutes in his car when he asked me if I had a new perfume: "Yes, that's new. I answered him proudly: "I bought it especially for the party! "You're crazy! Just for this party???" I nodded and giggled inside myself. "But don't worry, I'll keep using it!" "Smells really good," he said. "Where gibt´s to buy this?" "Don't you need to buy it. I'll fill you up with some of it and schenk´s you!" I patted him on the shoulder. "It's a little thank-you for the ride and our friendship!" He looked over at me for a moment and had an indescribably faithful look when he said "Thank you". That's friendship, that's liking and understanding each other. I love that too!

After 50 minutes by car we have arrived at our destination. There were already familiar faces and we greeted the girls with kisses on the right and on the left and the boys with hugs. Almost everyone asked me what it was I smell like or said: "You smell good again". So the opening was saved :) It was a birthday party in a fancy location in Stuttgart. We were about 30 people and when we were together for a while it got warmer inside. Only now did Reflection unfold in its full splendour. I always smelled a tender aura around me and felt really good about it.
Yes, perfumes increase self-confidence. When the DJ hung up after a sumptuous buffet dinner, it didn't keep me on the chair anymore. I danced with others and we all forgot time. Meanwhile I only noticed that Reflection, although I was already sweating, was still stuck to me. Again and again I got a surge of scent in my nose while dancing. "Perfect! I thought to myself for the second time. Maybe it was because of Refelction or because of the great people that I would call this party one of the best I had ever experienced. In my circle of friends there are often parties at which I am present. Always good meetings, actually. But this Saturday night was something really special for me. Do you know that when you can't find words for what you've experienced? That's how I was and still am.
At 3 o'clock in the morning I was home again. Along with Reflection on me. I still smelled him. How great it was to be able to fall asleep with him.

Yesterday evening (Sunday) my very good friend stopped by for a beer. As promised, I then filled him Refelction, 20ml, and gave it to him. "Really now?" he asked me, insecure. He probably knows that this is not a cheap scent and 20ml is already a small batzen money. "Yes, I promised you!" and patted him on the shoulder again. A moment of silence came, he lifted his beer glass and toasted me with the words: "You are really fragrant! Thank you And again his brown eyes radiate this faithful look. These are moments that are tremendously precious to me. That's friendship. I nodded and smiled only as he thanked me. It's fair to say we're both friends for life. Walking through thick and thin together, strengthening each other and giving light in dark times. But they laughed just as much and did adventurous things. And when we drank the second beer and talked about yesterday's party, I was sure that Reflection would continue to strengthen the bond of friendship. Amouage, thank you for this jewel!
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

MrInfinite
What have you done? Finished it!
Act 1: Promise

I quite often award 10 stars for fragrances that suit me and please me. But I notice that also my nose is harder to satisfy with time. If a fragrance exaggerates it too much in one direction be it sweetness or freshness, it's done for me. The number of ingredients does not have to be extravagant, the vote on the other hand does. You expect a certain performance when you apply the first spray on your skin. The bottle itself slowly forms a trust, which creates the connection to the fragrance. If this is not appealing enough, the expectation is at this level for the time being.
Reflection promises me a quiet appearance.

Act 2: The turn

No pushiness, no haste, just pure passion that takes its time; a slow foreplay.
Time and patience are proportional in this creation, a light spice comes to the through and through Olfactorius stimulates. Restlessness builds up in me or just the excitement of what awaits me.
A flowery veil soothes with nuances of iris, neroli and jasmine. None of the components want to be in the foreground; they act together for hours on end.

Act 3: The Prestige

I'm waiting...
Reflection wants to show me that patience is rewarded. In slow steps we approach the end; like everything in life. Sandalwood and cedar wood are added. Every breath becomes more intense but I am thrilled how beautiful it is. Patchouli lingers in the background, so far hardly noticeable but omnipresent. In the transitions slightly balsamic-sweet he makes the end all honours. Now we are here; it was a long way that we went together. Just as the reflection of the wearer changes with time, so Reflection slowly goes away from me. I won't forget you.

PatrickStar
the almost perfect fragrance, which is always wearable
Hello dear forum,

it's been a long time since I wrote a comment, but I'd like to write something about Reflection Man again, and hope that my enthusiasm for him will perhaps spill over a bit to you.

Reflection Man, a fragrance you won't be able to avoid at some point - at the latest when you register here, you'll come into contact with it at some point, whether from reading, a recommendation or through bottling. With me it was all three, in that order ;)

But before that I had read myself through many comments and statements, which actually only had the consequence that I became even more curious about the Amouage.
When the bottling was then with me, I approached her without expectations and tested.
I was very surprised, even a little shocked I would say. I didn't expect this floral sweet start. But I liked it right at the beginning.
The scent doesn't really change with me. But the individual notes alternate wonderfully with each other, or form a beautiful symbiosis with each other.
In the base it becomes slightly powdery and together with the floral notes it becomes very pleasant.
You're absolutely comfortable with him. None of the individual notes is aggressive or stands out.
Not a single moment the scent becomes restless, rumbling or loud. It's just wonderful to wear it.

However, at some point the bottling was as good as used up. I wanted to save the last rest in the TC to be able to smell it at least once in a while.
Then came the time in which I looked again and again here in the Souk for flacons and filling, in the Internet or in perfumeries for offers ... there was nothing to do ... the prices are already very stable and move so always around 200+ € for the small 50ml version.
And again and again I had moments where I just thought "now the RM would fit so wonderfully" or stood in the morning before the question which fragrance I should put on. In this situation the RM would have been perfect! It doesn't corner, isn't too loud and also looks very noble and high quality and at the same time elegant - but without that you have the feeling it would only fit to suit and tie - I think.

When I was about to buy a bottle, I got a little used bottle by bartering with the nice Parfumo Maximumirin.
And she was right back. My enthusiasm for this fragrance.
That I just feel really comfortable with him right now.
It fits every situation, work, leisure, evening.

I can understand that some people draw parallel to Le Male in a certain way, but the two fragrances cannot be directly compared with each other. There are similarities, but RM is definitely going its own way. You shouldn't confuse the two.

The price is of course quite high. If you want to pay that, you have to find out for yourself.
That is the question how much you are enthusiastic about a fragrance.
Anyway, it's clear to me now that he's worth it to me.
9.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Young rock jumper from Acapulco
I researched this fragrance for a long, very long time and often I was just about to buy it blind. But something always saved me from finishing the order. In the last 20 years I have tried many fragrances, until at some point most drugstore fragrances had become much too boring for me. From time to time I sprayed one or the other niche scent onto the test strip without knowing what I was getting into and what I was holding at all. Often it was unfortunately the grasp into the ...... exactly that I often see in the wine department! from cheap to exclusive everything there, but one reaches for the bottle, which has a nice equipment and gaaanz often was then again nothing. so about every time I came across in various perfumeries, which sold niches scents. sometime I happened to come across the Creed scents in Düsseldorf, one or the other found not so bad at all. ended up at the checkout with her know already ...!!! "AVENTÜÜS" as Youtuber would pronounce it. In the Hall of Fame you will of course come across Amouage Reflection Man at some point. And then later sometime on this wonderful forum, which I meanwhile appreciate more and more. I never wanted to register here, because it was so crowded for me at that time and unmanageable at first sight! but what is behind it is perhaps the most ingenious forum that I was ever allowed to experience. I am myself originally from IT and know how much work and complexity there is behind so many great functions to create!

so on to... yes, immediately... wait... I need a cup of coffee first!

at some point I discovered the souk function for myself and ordered a sample of "ARM".
the next morning the order was already in my mailbox.
Only the prime sticker was missing ;) Many thanks again to the sender of this fragrance mail :)

Tensely like an umbrella pack is the air mail out and spray it on my skin, take a nose. This bouquet takes me back 27 years to my childhood!
How old was I again?? Never mind...!!! Let's keep it that way.
Back to the fragrance. "Oh yeah, I know you... I know you pretty well, actually. But wait... who are you again? Wait, I got it...!

And there it is, the full memory. I am in Acapulco standing on the highest rock and concentrate on the next jump, because that will be my jump. This one jump that will put all advertising campaigns in fear and scare. That's exactly how I imagined it when I was a kid when I saw the Cliff commercial. Always wanted to have this shower gel and feel like this "one" from the advertisement ☺ When I finally had this wonderful shower gel, I had the feeling of being this rock jumper every time I took a shower. Maybe one or the other here knows this vintage advertisement which was on TV at that time! ARM smells the same for me as the Cliff fragrance in the vintage version. The next day I went to a drugstore to see if Cliff still existed. See there, even different variations. I smelled all versions, but none smelled for me like the Cliff of that time. My Cliff!!!

Back from Acapulco comes now my impression to Amouage Reflection Man...

The fragrance is very floral, fresh, complex and damn long lasting.
3 sprayers and the next 10-12h I have an Amouage shield, which accompanies me the whole working day. I tested the scent for weeks and then gave it away. Now you're wondering why? there are scents for me, I can't smell my fill. Some of (Creed & PDM) then there are again great scents, but over time they are just much too penetrating and annoy me. Exactly like this is for me ARM the projection is so strong that I have after a few times of testing already smelled full.

That's why I let the beautiful memory of Cliff and my rock jump in Acapulco rest in the past and concentrate on new surprises in the fragrance world as well as recommendations here from the forum ;)
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

DatBuschi
The best friend is the mirror, he sees everything and doesn't talk about it
After a further filling of the fragrance I would like to leave my comment to this fragrance now.
For me it's my favourite of the Man series, Interlude Man is also unique, but it's too much of a shock to me.

As for the fragrance itself, I have to say that it may resemble a little LeMale, but I find it exaggerated as a twin fragrance. Although I'm not really a fan of flowery scents, I'm more enthusiastic about the scent.
It starts flowery and sweet with a certain fresh kick. The scent is very pleasant, the orange note harmonizes with the jasmine note, after some time the wood chords slowly join in. The fragrance still has a very light powdery note that evokes this clean, freshly washed association. Just a great scented DNA !
My first bottling went empty just 3 months ago, and I hadn't really missed it either, but now I enjoy the fragrance every time I wear it.
When I was with a good friend today who I knew liked the smell of, she said :
"But you haven't had that scent in a long time, have you? Smells great again."
Sure, you can't speak for every single woman, but if she finds the scent good, it was always a good sign until now :)

Performance:
Durability and Sillage is solid, would estimate the first 4 hours it is good an arm length smellable, after that the circle decreases slowly The great thing about the Sillage is that it is well perceptible, but in a very gentle and elegant way.
It doesn't press too hard, is always nice and discreet in the background.

Conclusion:
I will definitely get a bigger bottling or grab a new bottle.
For me it's the perfect mix of floral and sweet notes, but without losing masculinity.
It is suitable either for the everyday life, since it has simply this clean, pleasant something in itself, or for going out with friends and/or a lady :)

10.0 8.0 7.0 10.0/10

FlirtyFlower
Leave the lights on when you leave.
Prolog
"Do you believe in fairy tales?" she asks. "Yes," he says. "But I also believe in horror movies."

Friday, 21 December 2018
The cat doesn't want to come when I call him. In order to escape the turmoil of my colleagues, I try to drink three Glühwein while having a company drink.

But I wonder why I couldn't have sniffed away my brain with the formaldehyde in the nail polish like my colleague did. For years I thought I was too feminist, but the phenomenon that men prefer short backs and certain female charms still amazes me.

It doesn't usually bother me. Meanwhile, when it comes to the distribution of tasks and then the most important criterion is, then it is.

At the beginning of the drink my favourite colleague is still with me, actually I would almost say that we are friends meanwhile, because without her I sometimes can't stand the whole mixed poke and feel myself daily caught like in a forced vacation in Transylvania.

Some people are comparable to emotional vampires, but if you have black hair and pale skin and even look a little like Mortisha Adams from the Adams Family, you hardly notice it.

Phew, but when my favorite colleague leaves, I almost don't know what to do. But suddenly I perceive a scent, a scent that I last perceived two years ago and could not locate for a long time.

The fragrance is powdery, bright and I can't really smell individual ingredients. But it's like he's lighting a light in me. Whether it is because of the fact that the colleague and I laugh so much together and us still so bad situation try to bridge?

The fragrance is not really masculine, rather unisex. Let's say it's a powdery, slightly woody lavender light. The colleague says that it is Neroli who illuminates everything and explains to me that Amouage only uses natural essences for his creations. And although I didn't understand the hype about Amouage for a long time, now I'm doing it.

Even though he's leaving, he's spraying that fantastic scent again. And it's almost like he left the light on when he left. And I dared into the turmoil.

And I realize one thing ...

It is beautiful that there are also reflected men and simply said reflected people matching the name of this fragrance. People who are more than a pretty face, some expensive clothes or a shiny surface.

People who not only live on the surface, but with whom you can laugh deeply, cry sincerely and whom you can really trust.

People who even in your hardest hour manage to bring a light into your darkness.

And if you ever have a hard day in the New Year, I always wish you someone who brings light into your darkness through his heartfelt intimacy.

But until then, I'll leave the lights on before I go.

Epilog
"Let your hopes and not your hurts shape your future."
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

The elegant....
My absolute favorite among perfumes!

When I smelled it for the first time, I was torn apart. Only because of the durability and sillage I was worried because I was told that the reformulation has become weak.
Since I do not know the vintage version, I cannot judge its difference either.
For durability and sillage later more.

The fragrance begins fresh, floral and sweet. After a few minutes it gets a little softer and more flowery. In the end he gets a little sweeter but the floral stays. So in my perception. Hard to describe, eiso must be tried out if necessary:-)

This bottle, the packaging everything so noble, high quality matching the fragrance.
Unfortunately the price scared me away from 300 Euro. Therefore I have waited with it first and considered.
But the scent wouldn't let go of me, it just fits me so well. Eiso her damit.
Ordered, come, , satisfied, happy etc.... :-)

Now for the shelf life.
It really lasts on my skin for a long time. 10h loose.
The projection is not strong but also not weak. Just perfect. Perceptible but not annoying. This remains so loosely 5-6 h until it gradually fades away.

History:
I'm well styled in town looking for a good restaurant. I enjoy the very sophisticated atmosphere here and meet a lot of nice, educated people.
During this time I notice a big nice restaurant that is situated on a terrace.
Let's go up.
Once there, I take a seat on a double table. But I'm on my own today. I'm looking at the menu and I want some Russian. At the same time a very pretty young woman touches me from behind and asks me if she may sit down at my table. I'll say, I'd love to.
We talk nicely and remember that we have the right chemistry.
She says I've noticed her with my attractiveness and voralem of good fragrance since she couldn't help addressing me.

We both order food and drinks and talk about many things.
Meanwhile she says again, oh man, you smell soooo good. After 2h we leave the restaurant together and drive by car to a beautiful, flowery landscape.
It's dark and the moon's full.
We enjoy the full moon, the clear starry sky and the beautiful surroundings.
After 4 h we drive together to my home and fall asleep together cuddly close to each other.
The next morning the strong chemistry is still there. Of course we have exchanged the numbers and are looking forward to many many reunions. We let each other's freedom.
One is that beautiful and to have!
Rating:
Fragrance: 10-10
Durability: Very good.
Sillage: Good, exactly fitting.
Type: Rather elegant, well-groomed...

Greetings
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

JoaoMartins
No it's not similar to Le Male, whatsoever!
Some people have their Bleu de Chanel or Dior Sauvage as their "dumb reach" frag. For me, this is the one: Reflection Man, the white t-shirt perfume!

Ok, I'm super biased towards this house, I love almost every release - I even like Figment. I got to know Reflection back in the days where I would frantically save my 10ml (vintage reformulation) only for special day time occasions. The powderyness of this juice, with that magnificent jasmine and neroli with some kind of citrus attached to it, makes its opening incredible and unique. So easy to wear, so classy and elegant. So lightly floral that almost creates an invisible bouquet around you. So bright and happy.
The close smell is addictive thanks to that smooth sandalwood and clean patchouli. There's nothing dirty about this perfume. White! White is the word to describe it. It goes with anything, with any situation. It's signature scent worthy and it's a confidence booster. It's almost perfect. Why isn't it perfect? Because I've tried the vintage reformulation and the smell was a 10. Maybe it is a 10 nonetheless, I'm just being influenced by the fact that I don't have that original juice anymore. I currently have a 100ml magnetic cap made in London. I love it and I will buy another bottle as soon as this one starts to meet its maker. (Jk, I would never throw away an empty bottle as beautiful as this one)

No, I won't bash on about the projection nor the sillage about the recent formulation. It's sufficient to me. It lasts a work day and it's fine for me.

What about Le Male? What is up with that story that this is an upscaling version of Le Male? I have a bottle of Le Male with several years practically full. I never wear it because I can't stand that smell on others, let alone on me. The lavender is too strong, the vanilla too artificial and the whole blend just seems outdated. Seriously, I can't find any resemblance between the two. I have the 212 CH Sexy and that one yes, it's similar to Le Male. It's like comparing, let's say, Oud Wood with Epic Man - just because it uses "Oud" doesn't mean they are similar.
If you are in doubt, because you don't like Le Male very much, grab yourself a decant of Reflection and experience it.
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

AnjaTom
Mirror, mirror on the wall...
...are you worth it or is the money burned?

Probably a question everyone has to answer for himself.
I for my part look in the mirror...
...and realize for me: Man, is THE genius!

So the scent! ;-)
I have no idea who makes the links to the alleged dupes here, but the comparison with "Le Male" is almost shameful!

The two have nothing, but also nothing in common.

Reflection Man is for me for the "best", or should I say for mainstream Niche lovers the best and most pleasing fragrance of the brand Amouage!

Reflection Man is for me a clear runaway from the Amouage line! He's not provocative, he's not loud, he's not scratchy! He is simply pleasing, present, but without drifting into the cheap and like an ordinary "mainstreamer" (not negative against mainstreamer).

It looks so high-quality, so complex and round...floral-spicy, sweet, but not too sweet!

Currently you get the fragrance between 130€ and 160€ which I find justified.
The most famous dupe of Reflection Man (Mazzolari Hartley) costs 150€.

Worth buying? Yes, a great fragrance, especially for beginners or mainstream lovers!
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

Reflection Man by Amouage
The first Amouage I ever tried and I was curious mainly because of the comparisons with one of my early signature scents, Le Male. Here is my take on this popular Amouage

10.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Smellscent
Mysteriously interwoven floral spice or spicy floridity ..
... I think both characterizations fit Reflection Man. However: I really don't find it powdery-sweet or fresh ... Strictly speaking, I somehow lack the words for this fragrance. People try it themselves: a spray burst says more than a thousand fragrance pyramids

For me the testing of Reflection Man was at any rate once again an indication of how much scents are perceived individually and how the scent diagram merely represents a rough analysis and on the other hand also shapes my own expectations: in the slightly negative expectations after taking note of the scent diagram to come across something powdery-sweet, I am quite perplexed after the first spray: Nanu, are there now medically prescribed essential oils (perhaps iris combined with jasmine?) in it, or what? Is Reflection Man now even a medicine and is a package insert with instructions for use included???

Anyway, the already mentioned floral spice comes out quite soon in a fantastic way, the Dry Down is indeed outstanding, I haven't experienced anything like this before and represents for me a great scent cinema!

In any case, I feel that Reflection Man is truly unique in all its scent composition, and I think it is a true masterpiece by perfumer Lucas Sieuzac.

Decisive (as always) the feedback of the 100x finer nose of Mrs. Smellscent: Yes, it is discreetly spicy. Something like this counts for me more than any scent diagram / scent pyramid from third parties ?

Conclusion: The two "light" Amouages Bracken and Reflection have become a stone in my board...
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Class in a bottle
I've worn Reflection man several times and get compliments all the time. What a smooth and classy scent. This does not give a Le Male vibe to me. Le Male is a great scent, but this one is more refined and is not as youthful or clubby as Le Male. I really enjoy both, but Reflection is in a class all by itself.
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Yos
Amazing fragrance... One of my favourites!
Short review: I find this to be very unique (floral but still wearable) with an AMAZING smell and has good lasting power and projection! Very wearable for a niche, most people say dress it up, however I dress casual and it still works for me ???? I'm a young guy and feel comfortable wearing it, however I still think an older guy or a girl could wear this. The only time I wouldn't wear this is with my leather jacket! 9.5/10

KingPin 58 days ago
Citric entré with a classic and classy neroli/sandalwood continuance. Hints of pepper and jasmine. Good but better options available.+2
DavidBraz 7 months ago
Flowery powderyness with a short citric open! Its a reflection of class and cleaness.+3
YKem 11 months ago
Resemblance to fleur du male. Flowery and aromatic and very elite. All ingredients are pure and clear.+1
9.0
Giesta40 18 months ago
Flowery perfume, where the Jasmine is very noticeable. To me, this fragrance is perfectly unisex.+2
Carlossp 19 months ago
It is for me the least Amouage perfume I have or dress. I think that in this style there are many in the market and at better prices.+2
Hajuvana 20 months ago
With Le Mâle, banality is precisely the point. Can it be improved upon by means of sheer quality? Like, would an Artisan Twinkie work?+1
Hermesh 2 years ago
While "Le Male" remains a rebel up to the dense vanilla-laden base, Reflection wears a suit and is well-behaved from the beginning.+4
6.0

by Kenshin
by Aglianico
by Aglianico

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Reflection Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage