Reflection Man (2007)

Reflection Man by Amouage
Bottle Design Asprey

Top 2 in Men's Perfume
Reflection Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesRosemary, Red pepper, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 04.06.2020.

Grandiose to horrible
...that's how I would describe "Reflection Man" after years of wearing it. A fragrance you'd have to be in the mood to wear. One of those fragrances that can be uniquely beautiful, but also uniquely gruesome. I find it fascinating that it is number 2 on the men's perfume hit list. When I first smelled it, I would probably have voted it into the top 3. Today I see it more soberly, although I would like to say in advance that he will always have a place in my collection.

Scent:
For me a floral-powdery and minimally sweetened fragrance. Especially the bitter orange and the neroli are skillfully practicing their interaction and create a fragrance that is difficult to put into words. Nevertheless I want to try it. It smells very bright, almost out of this world. The neroli combines with the bitter orange note and this gives it a bitter aftertaste that can be annoying at some point. If you don't like Neroli, you don't have to keep your distance, because the negative qualities are suppressed and hard to smell out. Then, little by little, flowery chords are added, iris and jasmine are mainly to be sniffed here. However, the "Reflection" is not a classic floral scent, who expects floral chords to dominate here will be disappointed. It's a fragrance that doesn't seem to be at home in any scent direction, but can take on many faces. It is - as already mentioned - removed from the world. Nor can one say that we are dealing with a pure men's scent. Even women can wear this one very well. He has absolutely no herb-male vibe. It is rather powdery and slightly fluffy, but at the same time very sensual and dreamy.

The problem:
The smell can be extremely annoying! Some days it seems to me like it's stale. The bitterness seems to predominate and it loses its radiance. Nothing seems pure and sublime here, but a mixture is created that can cause headaches. Unfortunately, I cannot quite influence when and how it affects me. Here we have then no more flowery-powdery seducer, but stale flower water :P

"Reflection":
Oh, the title fits like a fist in the eye because it is powerfully reflective. He radiates so intensely and for so long that it hurts. With me it lasts for over 14 hours and is very well perceptible in the first 10 hours and in the first 2 hours it is slaying and room filling. Crazy actually, because the smell of the fragrance could be a "silent treader". Nothing seems to have been used here that would allow such a projection. In my collection definitely one of the strongest fragrances and also in the Amouage series certainly at the top.

Hurrah for the drydown:
Funny thing about "Reflection" is that I got the most compliments when the fragrance was in the "drydown" phase. It is infinitely sensual then and only a soft but still potent veil of scent remains. It must be extremely attractive, as I have already been asked about it twice in the disco. At this time I wore it already 8-10 hours. That shows once again how enormous it is. It could be because the bitter aromas settle so slowly and it seems less annoying. But, who knows? ;)

Conclusion:
Since 2017 it is now in my collection and is worn from time to time - just for going out. You get an extremely unique scent, which will certainly inspire, but can also be a pain in the neck. Caution is advised, especially with the dosage and high temperatures, if you want to keep your friends. It is also a fragrance that - if used correctly - will trigger many positive reactions and can be very pleasing. I would therefore never question the quality of the fragrance, but I would advise you to test it thoroughly before you strike blindly or rashly. The price, it should be mentioned, is in the upper range. You can hardly get the 50ml for less than 150 Euros, at the moment you have to pay 175 Euros.

For a place 2 is not enough for me, because it fluctuates between grandiose and horrible too much!

Razvanyke
Very classy, modern gentleman's scent with low durability
I bought this blind and was not dissapointed, the perfume is classy and it has a nice jasmine opening which I like a lot. The similarity with Le Male is real, I really feel it all the time. My version is "Made in Oman" and everything is spotless regarding the package and bottle and all.

What I find weird is that after 2, 3 hours I do not feel it anymore ... if it is nose blind or has the durability of the perfume decreased, I do not know. I bought this recently and the cap is magnetic
It becomes a very nice classy skin smell but I feel no sillage or similar, even on the clothes is not really durable.

I am not suspecting that the buy was a fake because I bought it from the official supplier in Germany, as stated on the Amouage's website.

I am not sure if this 2nd place in men perfume regards an old reformulation or it is just on the scent itself, but for the price the durability is far from satisfying.
7vsChicago
Noble man in a tailor-made suit

- was my first thought, because according to my nose, a certain parallel to Le Male is definitely existing. My second thought was that if the cut fits to the figure, an off-the-peg suit might be enough. At this point I have to admit that although I appreciate Le Male very much, I only have the original in my collection as a tester and it is not necessarily on my wish list. But now it's a thing with tailor-made suits. Once you have had the pleasure of wearing it, you will notice the subtle difference after a while. It fits perfectly, is perfectly tuned, elegant and stands out clearly when worn and in the details. It gives you the feeling that everything is in tune and the advantages of your own appearance are emphasized. And so it happens quickly that all rationality loses the battle and one has to admit: Not all suits are alike. Clothes make the man, and Amouage has created a high-quality, harmonious, elegant and soft (oh, the sandalwood) scent with Reflection Man, similar to a tailor-made suit and it has the potential to become a wish list :)
Aicy
At last I've replaced Le Male!
I as a JPG Le Male lover have been looking for something better for a long time and came across this fragrance through a friend.
It has the same intensity and sweetness as the JPG but with much more noble ingredients.
He smells much Noble much Attractive sweet and spicy floral.
Top!
Unfortunately, I can't smell it myself after 4 hours but it is noticed by my girlfriend.
The flacon disappointed me a little bit, because it has several flaws like scratches in the writing, the "gemstone" is glued on crooked and on the upper metal surface are lines from the glass to see
Chris27
Reflection Man and the high expectations
Reflection Man by Amouage is in the top 5 men's fragrances and so I couldn't resist the temptation to try it. I found a good souk offer and made a "blind buy" which is not really my style.
First of all to the presentation of the fragrance.
The packaging and bottle really make a good impression - but they should also be good for the price. I think you can't complain here. The atomizer gives off a good amount of scent, but I've seen better.
Just sprayed the scent fresh on my wrist and I can say this much.
In the beginning the smell is a bit bitter, but that fades away quite quickly. The fragrance then develops a nice floral and richt simply good one must say. The fragrance is probably best described as follows - " Richt sehr gut muss es nicht beweisen". He does not want to convince you exaggeratedly of himself but is simply a colleague on whom you can always rely, who simply always delivers well. Here I also understand the Christian Grey comparisons - he seems sublime but without having to rub it in your face.
For me, Amouage Reflection Man is a wonderful all-rounder that always goes down well.
Attention metaphor
Nevertheless, it must be said that it is the fragrance that writes a 2 in every compartment. And sometimes one would like to have one or the other 1 and would accept a 3-4 in another box. I hope you see what I mean.

PS: He will have to put up with the comparisons with Le Male. I too thought at first that I had the sailor from Gaultier in front of me. But one has to say that the Amouage justifies the higher purchase price with a higher durability and sillage and a much more complex scent.
Tauruscent
I don't really need the bottle
When I first smelled reflection man I was fascinated by this transparency,
Even the smell of the test strip left traces in my jacket which were still visible 2 days later. Every now and then I sprayed it on, admittedly the floral notes were unusual but all in all I liked the scent very much and it stayed in my head. I often tried to buy a broken bottle in the souk but the offers were often not really worthwhile or I was too slow.
So first of all I ordered a bottling from dear maxiking. And the impression I had at home or while wearing it was a little different.
I can perceive the sillage of the scent for 5 hours and even after that there is always a bump and it is present again. That is to say, everyone here has something of it.
The floweriness is very suitable for spring and special occasions. If I was looking for a fragrance for a wedding, it would be this one.
What's holding me back at the moment is that the neroli gets on my nerves and I'd like to see more sandalwood at the bottom, it's creamy, but compared to the santal 33 from le labo, the amouage there is the shortest. The scents are clearly different,
Both are sandalwood dominant, strong performers and similar in price.
I like the lightness of the fragrance, and maybe I'll buy another bottle.
The shelf life is top, just like the fragrance itself, but the dominant neroli is disturbing me more and more.
But someone who is interested in fragrances should have tested it. The reference fragrance in terms of clarity, freshness, and how floral notes can occur in men's fragrances
Duftfatzko
Completely overrated and overpriced mainstream water ...
After I got my hands on the original tester of the Reflection Man again today, I dared to do another - and now also last - test, since this fragrance is currently runner-up in the perfume ranking and therefore must have something special that justifies this high rating, but has remained hidden from me so far. As with Dior's Homme Intense, which I unfortunately had to tear off completely in 2015 after multiple testing, contrary to the also very high ratings at the time, I was disappointed once again today, I am completely at a loss because of the fantastic rating and exuberant adulation and have to start a further tear-off, without wanting to offend all the enthusiastic users ...

Are we really talking about the same scent?

Amouage has produced truly exceptional fragrances and was certainly one of my favorite brands at the beginning of my semi-professional perfume career in 2015, whereby I mean the fragrances before Braken Man; especially noteworthy for me here are such unusual beauties as Memoir Man, Jubilation XXV Man, Epic Man and other fine fellows; Reflection Man in its very European adaptation is not one of them in my opinion ...

I really did give Reflection Man several chances in larger intervals and today I approached the test rather unbiased, but I still come to the same conclusion as in the last tests: Amouage Reflection Man seems to me like a highly pimped and bloated version of Jean Paul Gaultlier's "Le Male", which I found completely creepy and olfactorically unacceptable already at its release, although in the heart and base note it is much more complex and in the ingredients it is of higher quality.

RM is olfactorically the same as JPG's creepy water on my skin, is similarly overpoweringly obtrusive, dominant, penetrating, sweet, almost vulgar and unfortunately lacks all the elegance and refinement on my skin that I have read about in the many comments. Therefore I can neither understand the high ratings nor the many praises that have been written down about this creation by many perfumers; I can hardly understand why this fragrance seems to me like an olfactory tsunami that covers everything, even though it is part of the fragrance pyramid. Maybe RM and my skin chemistry just don't match, although it looks similarly creepy on paper or my best friend's skin ...

No offense - it's nice that this creation enchants so many people, because that's exactly what a perfume is supposed to do, so RM certainly has its raison d'être and should be celebrated. But the charms of Reflection Man will probably remain closed to me forever, so we probably won't meet again in this life, despite the general enthusiasm of the forum :-(
Chizza
Smooth and without contact surface
I was very curious about the scent, I knew three Amouage before. Two I like very much, one absolutely not at all. They all agree that they are extraordinary, intense and long-lasting. Many comments here praise Reflection Man and so many comments here describe the fragrance and yet I didn't know what to expect concretely? Despite other contents, the fragrance reminds me sometimes of Luna Rossa Black without its spiciness and sometimes of Knize Ten but more modern, with less rough edges. That's also the reason why Reflection smells very nice, but doesn't tempt me to buy it.

The question is always, what do you expect from a fragrance? At Amouage I expect strong fragrances with strong performance, not ironed smooth. Journey, Interlude positive for me, Bracken very negative. The latter is a matter of taste, but everyone agrees, you don't find one like it everywhere. As a result I was curious about it!

After several tests I still have to take my imaginary hat off to the opening, I want to shout out loud! It does indeed smell unique, but it also reminds me of many other fragrances, at least me. Nevertheless it radiates class. The flowery note seems very well balanced, I have rarely smelled jasmine so well put in scene, mostly jasmine is disturbing to me. Iris, neroli, bitter orange: all there, all perceptible. Everything harmonizes wonderfully. It goes from flowery to flowery-sweet to flowery-creamy through the sandalwood, the cedar, very fine!

Well, then what's the point of complaining?
One important point keeps me from buying it: first of all, it is not a pure men's fragrance for me, it is too flowery without, for example, a spicy note. I miss that here. I lack it here, because I don't want to smell sweet and flowery without a twist in the fragrance. Comparison Luna Rossa: Reflection smells more valuable, but the Luna Rossa Black has a spiciness and makes the fragrance more interesting, even more masculine. It's not a fabric softener either; if it smelled like this, I would apply Lenor for the price! I find the shelf life acceptable. It's logical that you can't expect a performance a la Interlude with sweet-flowery.

Who's it for? Well, if you like sweet and floral scents, this is the place for you. Surely it's not for every occasion, I can't imagine being in a suit at work, in front of my team or in business meetings. It doesn't radiate what I need there, it's not only too smooth for that. But also too smooth. Since I have similar scents, I'm not using it
The "older" brother of Le Male
I ordered this fragrance on New Year's Eve, as a new fragrance for the new year 2020 and was lucky to get a "Made in Oman" version, as I often read that the UK version is not that good. I like the scent quite well, it is versatile and fits the current season, in my opinion the best, because it is not too sweet and by the floral/sweet/fresh in the fragrance, perfect for spring. Reflection Man can be worn on any occasion, whether at work in everyday life or on a date, because the fragrance always goes down well. The reactions to this fragrance are really positive, I am often asked which fragrance I wear. When I tested the fragrance for the first time it reminded me of Le Male, but the scent was not as youthful and pushy as Le Male. The scent looked like the "older" brother, qualitatively on a much higher level and much more comfortable to wear than the "younger" brother.

It is extremely difficult for me to describe the scents, you definitely smell sweet orange leaves at the beginning, it doesn't seem bitter to me in any case, you can smell pepper very discreetly here. Then you smell a mixture of iris and jasmine, which makes the fragrance itself really pleasant and rounded off by sandalwood, which gives the fragrance a creamy note.
The fragrance is not as strong, the top note has a slightly citrusy, sweet, peppery start as described above, and merges into a sweet creamy note, which is created by the interaction of iris, jasmine and sandalwood. The durability is really very good, the fragrance lasts about 9-10 hours on me, the sillage is pleasant with about 4-5 hours and then flattens and can only be perceived very closely. The bottle is really very nice and qualitative, like the fragrance on a high level, I am really impressed by Reflection Man and would definitely recommend the fragrance because it is so versatile and really valuable.
SchnüFFleRR
Be Christian Gray for a few hours?
As all of us at Duftyoutuber Jeremy Fragrance like to mention, reflection man is the cool Christian, Gray fragrance. Masculine, rich and radiant, I have imagined him to be a fuller le paint or a more sophisticated Dior homme perfume? I really didn't know what to expect, but almost everything you need to know about the fragrance is already in the name itself.

Basically the scent is very unique and does not generally remind one of a mixture of Pegasus, fucking fabulous and a touch le malle without its sweetness. Reflection one appears very cool, metallic almost like smelling cold steel. I always thought that these associations were always spoken very figuratively but actually the scent seems cool somehow repellent... unapproachable... reflective...and yet pleasant and interesting.
That is why he is unique and somehow perfect in his own way.

But the question you have to ask yourself is this: "Do you want to be this cool, mysterious, rich Mr. Gray?"
I believe, as it is always the case, that this is a matter of taste and intention. I for my part love fragrances with a deep soul, facets, sweetness and communication potential.
When I wear reflection one, I personally always have the feeling of keeping people away from me, of being unapproachable. These are all character traits that are contrary to my actual attitude towards life. Maybe I see it all much too irrational and many people certainly cannot understand this point, but for me my fragrances are life companions and soul caressers that follow me every day and make my day more enjoyable.

As mentioned above, the fragrance is truly a work of art in its purist simplicity of complexity. Nevertheless he could not touch my heart, because he kept me away from himself with his cool manner. Unfortunately also the H/S on my skin only bad average. (Max. 5 hours on the skin). Also I have to deduct small points, because he left bad oil stains on some clothes. (Very annoying in this price category)
It is really hard for me to give feedback, but in the end I am divided. For me, the fragrance stands between masterpiece and disappointment. I hope I was able to show both sides something and nobody feels personally offended, because that was not my intention!

Nevertheless, in the end there remains a slight disillusionment and perhaps also the insight not to want to be Christian Gray

BertolucciKBertolucciK 14 days ago
I smell JPG Le Mãle mixed with JOOP Homme in the first hours, but with quality ingredients. After that it turnes better.
KimesKimes 36 days ago
Great fragrance, longevity and sillage is quite avarage tho.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
The combo Bitter Orange-Neroli-Santal is a proven one and excelled in this fragrance. This "all around" Amouage is maybe one the best.
KingPinKingPin 16 months ago
Citric entré with a classic and classy neroli/sandalwood continuance. Hints of pepper and jasmine. Good but better options available.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 21 months ago
Flowery powderyness with a short citric open! Its a reflection of class and cleaness.
YKemYKem 24 months ago
Resemblance to fleur du male. Flowery and aromatic and very elite. All ingredients are pure and clear.
Giesta40Giesta40 3 years ago
Flowery perfume, where the Jasmine is very noticeable. To me, this fragrance is perfectly unisex.
CarlosspCarlossp 3 years ago
It is for me the least Amouage perfume I have or dress. I think that in this style there are many in the market and at better prices.
HajuvanaHajuvana 3 years ago
With Le Mâle, banality is precisely the point. Can it be improved upon by means of sheer quality? Like, would an Artisan Twinkie work?
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
While "Le Male" remains a rebel up to the dense vanilla-laden base, Reflection wears a suit and is well-behaved from the beginning.

by Umut1984
by Kenshin
by Aglianico
by Aglianico

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Interlude Black Iris Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage