Reflection Man (2007)

Reflection Man by Amouage
Bottle Design Asprey

Reflection Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesRosemary, Red pepper, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 05.12.2019.

7.0 8.0 9.0/10

JamesBlond
The shadow at your side.
Reflection One never belonged on my wish list, flowery-sweet not, oriental smells also not and most deterred me probably also the price which these Edelwässerchen claim for itself When I ordered my last souk I wanted to broaden my horizon a little towards niche fragrances and give my dreary working life a little luxury.
Thank God!
Memoir Man I have tested, in the end I actually indulged and he still gets his rating as soon as the bottle upgrades my collection like a gemstone a pile of barbecue coal.
I tested Reflection a few days after Memoir and found that the two couldn't be more different.
Where the memoir surrounds you like a horde of bodyguards, Reflection keeps in the background like your shadow.
I feel the Sillage as bad, but only because he is so "quiet". It is not necessary to turn or nod your head to check if the scent is still there, it is! I see its field of application rather at advanced dates or events where you come quite close to each other, e.g. to whisper. Cinema, theatre or exhibitions, it would probably be wasted on work.
After 14 hours he smelled like new and a little more male on my clothes. With every cm from the source of spraying it becomes more portable for man and woman, so unisex.
My nose must be broken, too, because it doesn't smell flowery to me. Very sweet yes, but rather powdery. My girlfriend even asked me if I wore baby powder. Where am I supposed to get that from? Madam?
But two things would deter me from buying one.
1. Anyone who spends so much money on a perfume doesn't want to stay under the radar. Alternatives for a shy sweet everyday scent are like sand on the sea and much cheaper.
2. Personally, I miss the masculine touch. The "colleagues" from the Amouageschmiede read themselves almost all very masculine and spicy. The DNA here even reminds me of some vanilla-leather scents, but they all attract more attention. Who can spend Nieschensuftgeld wants to stand out from the crowd, or am I mistaken?

Without talking him out of order, Reflection smells wonderful and lasts a long time, but I would look elsewhere based on the price. Without spoilers, the Amouage Memoir I have already blown away the receptors at 1 spraying on and one would like to tip all other perfumes away, because for what do I still need them. Unfortunately I am poor and stingy, but I will have other Amouage souken
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Pollita
Luxury fabric softener for men
Funny, my better half is on a business trip and I have nothing better to do than test men's fragrances. When I placed my order with Maxiking, a sample of the Fragrance One office that my husband had requested landed in my basket. Because of the positive comments, I wanted to know how it smells. You think of your partner at least a little bit of yourself when you think of a gift :)

After the first violent citric note has flown away, it becomes really beautiful. At the start I thought of WC fragrancing, as you know it from Sanifair WCs on the motorway, but fortunately this WC citric only lasts a short time. What comes after that is Lenor. Lenor as I remember him from my childhood. There was only one, blue bottle and not umpteen different scents. When my mother had washed the curtains, it smelled like this in our apartment and I loved that. The Lenor fragrance is joined by a few woods, which allow me to assign the fragrance to a man. Still, I say he's unisex. I'd wear it myself if we had a bottle of it.

Of course I also know Le Male, but I didn't even think of him with Reflection, but, drumroll, of his female counterpart Classique. Classique also has this typical Lenor note, which is probably related to orange blossom, and that's why Classique flashed me like that when it came out. I knew almost exclusively about chypres, which I found musty, and could not imagine that perfume could smell like this. Ingenious!

Why Reflection appeals to women is easy to understand. It smells pleasantly clean and well-groomed, whatever we girls like about our masters of creation. And you can wear it yourself. Also makes herself divine on women's skin.

At the moment I myself have fallen for the Silver Musk from Nasomatto, because it smells like luxury fabric softener for you. And Reflection Man is the matching luxury fabric softener for him :)

I don't think Mr. Pollito will like him now; he will probably say "too sweet". But it doesn't matter. Then maybe I'll get myself a bottle of it sometime :)
9.0 5.0 7.0 8.5/10

3lbows
Shut up and take my money, Amouage, but make Reflection great again!
You should be careful with fragrances that are debated so frequently in comments and forums. I learned it here. And when Jeremy approves it, the alarm bells will ring.
But what distinguishes Reflecton Man from Amouage from the other boulevard fragrances (Sauvage, Aventus...) is that it is much less controversial. Here you can obviously agree that it has to be good somehow. And that made me kind of curious, too.
Well there's not, only for me suitably or not - I learned that also here - and Reflection, or better said, his DNA, does it for me 100%.
So let's get the bottling done and get on the watch holder. And, voila! He didn't hit me from the stool once. Instead, at first I am surrounded by a cuddly sweetness, without corners and edges. She doesn't remind me of anything, no apple strudel, no pear compote, no blood mandarin. Nothing edible, just a creamy, bright sweetheart. Soon something floral will be added, but it will stay in the background and will not leave its mark on the scent. A little later in the drydown, I also notice woods, delicately hinted at, nothing rude, something cutting, as with so many Vetyverdüften. Just enough for Reflection to call itself "Men." This also darkens the fragrance a little, but it tends towards freshness - without citrus, without aquatics, without vetyver. And that's why I like him.
I don't find Reflection to be complex, although the floral is beautifully defined on the slightly synthetic background. But that's what I think defines the quality of Reflection. That, and this flawless mixing - in the automotive language one would say: Without gap dimension. From a single source.
A third point would be that it is really incredibly portable: Reflection can be playful, serious, cuddly, sporty. He goes to the office, when going out, to suit and hoodie, to T-shirt or leather trousers. Ok, to Lederhosen not, but otherwise a good choice for almost everything.
I don't see the price as a problem either, as you can get it in the usual high-quality Amouage presentation (heavy effect glass bottle with magnetic closure, wooden box) online for around 150 EUR for 100ml.
Of course there must also be a catch somewhere, and that is performance in the current reformulation. Averagely durable, the Sillage (with me) however already after 1-2h very closely. Not a room filler under any circumstances, so that compliments can only be received on close contact. Not that it matters, but that puts the 150 EUR in a different light again.
So nothing remains but a look at the alternatives:

- Hartley by Mazzolari: Closest to it, brings a hint of citric (or better: lemon cake) with it, makes it "brighter", fresher, but also unisex. But the performance here is better by worlds.

- Le Male from JPG: Yes, the DNA goes that way, that's right. But Le Male is coarser, the sweetness darker, more sticky, and the floral is replaced with - for me - something grasslike. Not sooo bad, but rather for younger people, and in the current reformulation it doesn't hold much more.

- PdM Pegasus: An interesting and unique variety of this DNA: The sweetness comes here with almond flapping, there's no floweriness here, but in the base the woods are more dominant, and there's an elusive metal note over the entire course of the fragrance. Pegasus is edgier, more scratchy, more dominant, also performs stronger, but is also a little further away from Reflection

- Versace's Dreamer: picks up the floral theme again, takes out some sweetness and adds a synthetic tobacco note. It seems more "wet" to me, more serious, less fresh, but is available at a ridiculously low price. However, this is also noticeable in its performance.

- Lancome Hypnosis Homme: At first glance, it seems quite different, but it also clearly goes in this direction: here, however, a synthetic lavender note plays the first fiddle. The scent intensity and in particular the structure of the sweetness are however quite comparable.

There are certainly more candidates here, but Hartley comes closest and - and I don't dare say this here - the Dupe from the blatant German scent copier; they don't get the floridity so differentiated, so that the scent looks plumper, but the creamy-bright, pleasant and not sticky sweetness is there, as well as the performance.

To all lovers of soft, light, creamy and not too sweet fragrances I would recommend this DNA in general, and Reflection Man in particular without hesitation. All those who like to wear a sweet scent in the warmer seasons like me, all those who have had enough of Sun Men, all those who just want to be sympathetic (and hopefully are;)). But please Amouage: Screw up the performance again! You don't need oakmoss for that either.

Some powder (iris) some orange... the Better Prada LHomme
Well the trifts then but also one wants to spend for the somewhat better office fragrance 200 Öken or, nevertheless, rather to reach for the Dsigner... mhm comes on your purse at me he likes the orange the iris... JOAR...

It's not worth it, but if money doesn't matter, it's the best of its kind.
9.0 9.0 8.0 7.5/10

Conservative office fragrance
The perfume starts with a strong silage which for me has a distinct vanilla note. The fragrance is soft but not definable for me, I find it a typical very conservative office fragrance. After a few hours of scent development it smells more discreet, but a clear "pencil scent" appears. Somehow I'm missing something, too, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. The rating of 8.6 I can not understand, but you notice that it is a high quality fragrance that will surely find its lovers.
10.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Amouage Reflection man
He was one of the best
He's still good
But no longer what he once was
Something flower something powder
But do I really know what I want?
I love myself < br /> Yes I love me
The sun shines in my face
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

The adult Le Male
The similarity in the opening to JPG's Le Male can't be denied. This minty, slightly sweet and metallic, which opens right at the beginning. But not identical to Le Male, only very similar - Le Male plays here on the playful, youthful side, while Reflection Man takes on the more serious and reserved side. Nevertheless I wouldn't see Amouage Reflection as "highly sophisticated", but rather as casual - although you can certainly wear it in your suit without looking at it crooked.
Signature scent? For me less but by his scent DNA I wouldn't see it as "impossible". Simply timeless, clean & fresh - it always goes down well and you can wear it all year round. Both in Tshirt with jeans, and in white business shirt with suit trousers.
In the drydown, the minty disappears somewhat and makes room for a depth brought forth by the sandalwood, which is not to be found at Le Male. That grade makes him more manly, more mature.

The durability seems to be average despite the experience of many others with me, so 5-6 hours are in it. Projection & Sillage also average I would say, whereby this disturbs me less with a smell of this kind and in certain situations is even desired.
Reflection Man was my second niche fragrance after Layton and I now know why it is classified and praised by everyone as one of the most mass-suited niche fragrances - simply because it is not particularly complex and is also liked by "simple noses", which is not always the case with expensive fragrances.
Do I like wearing it? Anyway, I really like him.
Would I buy it again for 170€? Hardly, there are better & cheaper alternatives for me.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Hyper hyper
That you have to be careful with certain fragrances what you say and with which you ask yourself neutrally the question what is so great about the perfume is well known. This fragrance has been around for 12 years and objectively speaking is experiencing a new hype in my eyes. Jeremy didn't get back..but he did, but I'm not sure that's the only reason.

How exactly do I figure?
Alone 14 comments were written about this fragrance this year and we have only May. Last year it was a total of only 9. Also over 30 statements are there this year already from a total of 101, so what's going on?
First of all the scent is fine, I like it already, but I am also one of those who recognize here a clear resemblance to Le Male. Just at the beginning and a bit in the heart of the fragrance I am always reminded of the sailor.
Since I like Le Male this is no problem, since I know Le Male only since last year and only this version, I don't know what he was like 20 years ago, I can't say and therefore don't judge what the differences are like. But I can imagine that if someone smelled Le Male 20 years ago or 10 years ago, the last time he smelled it, he would say that Reflection Man might have nothing to do with Le Male. In general it is clear to me that many may see this differently.

But there must be some truth to it, because many of you will say that here as well as Jeremy and others on Youtube. I like to research things that interest me and questions that I ask myself. I claim that it is so completely wrong not to recognize Le Male.

But like many others, I also recognize a slightly different scent. If you leave the sailor completely aside, then this Amouage is lighter, a little more floral and becomes more powdery towards the end. I definitely don't have the association of lying on a meadow on a summer evening, as I had it with Le Male, here either. The start is fresh and spicy, not as sweet as its fragrance twin and does not sound as vanilla and the vetiver is clearly reduced, but it is a bit more woody. Cooler and metallic has also been mentioned several times. Basically I don't tell anything new, with 83 comments. If Le Male is rather a casual scent, I could imagine this one here in the office.

The lavender mint combination is missing, but Amouage still managed to create a similarity. Also the durability is with 9-10h very neat and identical.

If the commentary police are missing a more complex description of the fragrance, please refer to the other 83 comments for pertinent information.

But I'm not sure if an untrained nose out there would notice a difference, even if we are far away from a dupe.
So-called hypes are sometimes rather annoying for me and you polarize quickly when you disagree about a fragrance. This doesn't mean that I don't respect it if you see it differently.

I'm of the opinion that fragrances don't need a lawyer.

We all perceive them differently anyway and decide for ourselves what is good and what is not. What is sometimes exaggerated are the associations and definitions in some descriptions. Aventus sends his regards. Apropos Aventus...90% who have Reflection Man in their collection, also have Aventus, that resulted in about 20 random samples which I made arbitrary on the right, which I found interesting, is this again and again extremely described. I may be wrong, but I think the fragrance is mostly worn by younger people, can that be? Between 20-30 years? Plus minus 3-4 years. But I think you can also wear it with 46.

I've already read some definitions about the fragrance here, like Masterpiece, King of Compliments, Luxurious, Perfection, Jewel etc...now that's up to everyone, but I don't see it that way and I think it's up to me to say that. That's why I just got to talking about old age. Is that youthful high spirits talking? I used to see a lot of bombastic, too, but you get more mature. I don't mean that at all disrespectful. I can understand the popularity a bit, even if you can leave the church in the village.

For me, it's a good fragrance that you can own if you don't have anything like it. But I am also convinced that if it were a Le Male Flanker, he would never get such a high average grade and name and reputation would play a big role here. You know what I don't get? Japanese, but that doesn't matter now. No this proverbial lift into the sky.

I don't want to sting a wasp nest here either, I still know what was going on with Aventus, but I can't quite understand why this scent goes through the ceiling like that.

7 months ago I wrote a statement that I find funny, that everyone says Le Male is sucked, but the DNA can't be killed and I still see it that way.
I do not have an explanation directly for the momentary wave, except just Influencer, mouth propaganda and that the smell for newcomers is easy to understand and he smells and performs of course also quite neatly.

I wish every user a lot of joy with the fragrance, maybe I'll get it sometime, if I shouldn't be completely annoyed by the hype until then.
10.0 9.0 7.0 10.0/10

The Compliment Monster
Reflection man... my first niche scent. The first time I smelled it, I knew it had to be. This scent is simply unbelievable. So floral & fresh, metallic and yet creamy. And above all, so smooth. The scent is a simple experience.
As soon as you get the scent it becomes active. He's starting to spread out in the room. I almost feel him gliding in waves through the room in all directions.
I have to say that, unfortunately, I have the reformulation and can therefore record two hours of projection. BUT two hours of reflection man projection is worth every penny.
The fragrance smells incredible and projects in a unique way. He makes me and everyone around me happy, what more could you want?
I got a lot of compliments and got it right.
The fragrance simply has this upper class character. This also makes it perfect for formal events. I'd rather wear it in spring or autumn. But I can't blame anyone who wants to wear this all year round.
A masterpiece. And a beautiful entry into the niche world
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Don't get confused!
I was particularly excited about this fragrance. The list of ingredients reads interesting and even more interesting for me was the question of how many different ingredients I can smell as an amateur nose.

Spoilers: Not all, but the most important in my eyes.

The opening is strong, bright and refreshing. For a short time it actually reminds me of the top note of Le Male, which, however, has much more spice to offer. The allegedly "nobler" Le Male by Amouage knows how to bribe at the beginning by the combination of red pepper and the bitter orange leaf. That smells modern, but somehow also classic again, although we are talking about the niche here.
In the further course of the fragrance, as soon as the other notes begin, there is no mention here of Jean Paul Gautier's classic. The discreet peppery spice diminishes, neroli and iris start to set in, a slight scratchiness spreads, hope after further change sets in. Maybe you know that. One sniffs at a flower and takes ever stronger, more intensive traits, whereby the smell at that flower is no longer pleasant. With Amouage this is also the case for a certain period of time and is even reinforced by the iris. If you don't like Iris (I like her), you will sniff your wrist and copy the scent. That would be wrong and premature. You'll have to wait for sandalwood and vetiver to set in. This slightly flowery scratchiness now becomes soft and creamy, which is definitely due to the sandalwood. The vetiver is the element that gives the fragrance a slightly green kick alongside its lovely, warm floridity. You are no longer in a flower shop that kills you with a lot of odour impressions and in which everything may have been cleaned with scratchy smelling household cleaners before - no - you are in a meadow that gets its charm from a few, but not too many flowers and is laughed at by the sun. The beautiful weather lasts about eight hours and definitely fascinates your environment
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Do I smell a horse?
Hello dear people,

I'll get right to the point, for all those who don't want to hear any stories, but want to know whether they want to sample the scent and whether it is suitable for their collection. Reflection Man opens with a floral-sweet slap in the face. That smells awesome. It smells very balanced and well done and changes into a metallic sweetness in the heart note. This place smells like a very expensive shower gel to me. Which is really not meant negatively in this context. It smells expensive and is certainly crowdpleasing. These two notes, however, only smell very short, as just mentioned, and pass quite quickly into the base. And now we come to the heading. Because all of you, or maybe some of you, have already tried Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed. You may have smelled Individual and Original Santal. And I assure you, so at least in my perception there was a small but subtle difference in both examples. Despite their relative similarity, it was possible to distinguish between the two. So I just say, what is only true for the people who know PDM Pegasus, that nobody, absolutely nobody, can distinguish the Drydown from Pegasus and the Drydown from Reflection Man, IF it can be smelled in the air. Because one thing's for sure, Pegasus is a nuclear bomb! Reflection Man is more the gentleman of the two. This is of course as always absolutely sujective, but I could never tell the difference between the two scents if I smelled them in the air, except one was a little stronger than the other. So I commend you, is Pegasus too loud for you? Do you not want, despite the smell, which fits super in warmer weather, to hit in my opinion, completely so hard on the shit, if it is so warm and avoids to carry therefore said atomic bomb? But you like the metallic-floral-sweet scent DNA? Then get Reflection Man. Pegasus lasts a bit longer, is a lot louder, Reflection is quieter, a bit more reserved and still present. What you prefer here is up to you. If you haven't smelled Pegasus yet and Reflection is too quiet for you, or if you're not completely convinced of its charisma, you can't do anything wrong with Pegasus. I hope I was able to help one or the other to estimate the smell and wish you beautiful Easter!

Love
Dave
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Godlikerer
Where do you buy Le Male?!
What a wonderful scent! Occasionally you get a compliment from man and woman. In my experience, screaming rulers of women who throw slippers at you have not yet (completely surprisingly) appeared, but for me the scent has a very high feel-good factor.
There may be some parallels between the two scents, but in my nose Reflection Le Male is way ahead. Especially now, when Le Male feels like greeting politely for a moment and immediately makes a Polish. Maybe many have another little water from the past to compare. Similar dilution can also be accused of Amouage, but with Reflection the shelf life is at least still above average. (At Jubilation I found it quite sad, because it was one of the most beautiful fragrances for me. He's just a shadow of himself for my nose.)
Everything about the fragrance has been described very accurately and much more accurately than I could ever express. In this sense, many thanks to the nice community. I never should have gotten to know this scent otherwise!
9.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

DarkWinterCS
Metallic cool and super noble
Reflection man, a fragrance that is always regarded and named as the flagship of niche fragrances alongside Layton. In my personal taste I can agree more with this statement in the Reflection man than the perfumes de Marly Duft.
The first time I sprayed it on my skin, it brought back memories of when I bought my first real fragrance when I was a teenager. It was then "Time to Play" by Bruno Banani. Whether it was declared as an edition for men or women at that time, I don't know anymore and it doesn't matter today. However, this fragrance had a similar scent character, which was less valuable and smelled metallic. The love to the nevertheless favorable Time to play never vanished, even if I have not smelled him for 10 years anymore.
Especially the scent and the constant metallic note with light freshness, light sweetness and delicate flowery beginnings let me cheer inside. Rarely have you had such a good, clearly structured and sensual scent in your nose that you don't notice its oriental origin. But this should not be a point of criticism.
I can't subjectively understand the fact that some parallels to Le Male are sniffed out, because for me it smells less spicy and fresh, but rather sweet with very fine fresh notes.

Big cinema and a smell to kneel down

La luxe de Male
For me here are definitely similarities to Le Male.
However, Reflection is much higher quality, more floral and has more style.
He is a very good compliment getter.
Even if he is clearly better than Le Male, the dreamlike seductive base note of Le Male, which appears after 6-7h, unfortunately does not come up to the reflection.
I think Amouage could have made it a little more powdery as a base.
But you can't have everything and for many people it's surely just right.

The Le Male in a pinstripe suit.

No perfection but majesty!

10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Gury
Le Male? The nose must have been clogged..
Have you read so many comments that Le Male is supposed to be the scent twin of this masterpiece? Sorry, but with respect: Ridiculous

Amouage is much more complex and not as monotonous as Le Male by Jean-Paul Gaultier. Clearly in the beginning and with not so practiced noses one smells a slight smell of Le Male, but just in the later course clear differences come up. Slightly cool, slightly spicy-fresh, Reflection Man caresses my nose and to the delight of my environment, including those.

If you want a great fragrance that looks luxurious to me and that you can always wear, you should treat yourself to it. Moreover, compliments are not long in coming. Simply great, even if the Sillage could be a little bit better
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Adrian308
"Pearl of the Middle East"
I bought the fragrance myself and was convinced since 1 minute that it would become one of my favourite fragrances. Amouage alone the name of these brands lets you fall into the pleasures of the Orient and sink into thought. In the top note it smells sweet and powdery on my skin but then develops into something flowery, a little bit indescribable as a men's fragrance. The durability is more than good as well as you can expect at this price. I got some compliments for it but you should consider the occasion I dare to say it would go down in a club
Amouage Reflection Man in my eyes timeless.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Why Reflection is better than a Ferrari
Since here many comments partly seem lyrical I would like to try here once to write a rather "technical" description. The trigger for this was a recent discussion with friends about cars, scents and feelings about life (yes, it was a long, stimulating night)
But why the comparison with a Ferrari? This is often used as a comparison, e.g. "The Ferrari among fragrances"
But I can't agree with that in relation to Reflection and will give some reasons for this now.
The first impression:
Both the car and the Reflection make an impression, with Reflection doing better than the Ferrari because it is not as ostentatious, Prollig. The bottle has something noble, familiar and calm, actually quite unagitated. First point for the fragrance.
The craft :
In my opinion, Reflection is much better processed than the sports car. The Ferrari is uncomfortable and is really not a masterpiece in terms of craftsmanship. This ranges from rattling parts of the interior fittings to the unsuitable gap masses. The scent is completely different. Actually, there are no splitting masses here. The fragrance composition unites to a large whole, without me being able to define the individual nuances magnificently. If I had to commit myself here I would say a mixture of rosemary, ylang-ylang and soft woods. But that's what makes this fragrance so interesting. The dot also goes here to the fragrance.
The Start:
The Ferrari starts loudly, stutteringly and obtrusively, already rather unpleasantly. Also here completely different Reflection. It begins, at least on my skin, completely unagitated, caresses me and provides from the outset for a feel-good atmosphere. There's no dropouts, he's just right there. Point for Reflection.
The course:
The Ferrari accelerates and then passes quickly. Reflection stays with me for 4 to 5 hours. Anyway, I won't be able to see him myself. Throughout, Reflection maintains this warm, soft feel-good atmosphere without changing dramatically. The rosemary retreats, which in my opinion makes the fragrance even warmer. It remains the delicate woody and a hint of ylang-ylang without ever being syntetic which creates closeness and trust. Point for Reflection.
The price:
Both the Ferrari and Reflection are not exactly cheap. Are they really worth the money? Not in my opinion, but that's for everyone to decide for themselves. In any case, it is the case with both that here not "only" the product but a (life) feeling is acquired, which could justify the high price in the end still.
Conclusion:
Reflection is for me the winner in all points and therefore better than a Ferrari.
Due to the warm, soft fragrance composition, which is very unagitated and unobtrusive, it is a fragrance for every day and every occasion. No matter if work, date or festive occasion.
That's exactly what makes him the perfect companion for me, especially during my work, when I'm constantly dealing with people and when I'm falling below the individual distances. Reflection provides the necessary closeness and trust without occupying a certain nuance with negative associations.
This fragrance has become one of my absolute favourites and inspires me again and again with its gentle, unobtrusive nature.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Friends for life!
I love perfume. I love good and stylish clothes. I love it when men show their masculinity: 3-day beard, open shirt that brings out the chest hair. And I love good parties. And I love Reflection on current occasions:

In my circle of friends I am known for the fact that I always smell differently. Well, it's always exaggerated, but for her it's just as good because I wear as good as another perfume every day. Just as the mood takes you.
Last week, it was Thursday evening, I was online here for quite some time and I discovered here in the Souk Reflection 100ml incl. 300ml shower gel in a stable box for completely €135.-- In addition to that this Reflection is "Made in Oman". Since Reflection had long since been a desired candidate, but the original price always deterred me from buying it, I didn't think long and wrote the perfume. "This is THE scent for the party the day after tomorrow to which I am invited" I thought to myself and was full of euphoria. In this euphoria, I also explained to the perfumer that I absolutely wanted to wear the scent on Saturday. "It's gonna be close, if not impossible" was my next thought. But as it is with me: happiness is often on my side. The Parmumo drove to the Packstation on Thursday evening and delivered the parcel there. And the miracle was: On Saturday morning, exactly at 12:30 pm, I held Reflection in my hands. My heart was beating and I could have embraced the whole world.

It was 6:00 now. I showered with the Reflection shower gel. The whole bathroom, no, the whole apartment was covered in a soft reflective fragrance. To melt away! "I smiled inside myself I then slipped into one of my designer jeans, pulled a black shirt over it, 3-button open and then came THE moment: for the first time I sprayed Reflection on myself: a sprayer behind each ear, two on the chest and a spray shot behind the neck. Boh ey, what a moment! I closed my eyes and enjoyed the following silence with reflection. Indescribable! I was already thinking about the party.
At 7 p.m. it rang and a very good friend picked me up. We didn't even drive 2 minutes in his car when he asked me if I had a new perfume: "Yes, that's new. I answered him proudly: "I bought it especially for the party! "You're crazy! Just for this party???" I nodded and giggled inside myself. "But don't worry, I'll keep using it!" "Smells really good," he said. "Where gibt´s to buy this?" "Don't you need to buy it. I'll fill you up with some of it and schenk´s you!" I patted him on the shoulder. "It's a little thank-you for the ride and our friendship!" He looked over at me for a moment and had an indescribably faithful look when he said "Thank you". That's friendship, that's liking and understanding each other. I love that too!

After 50 minutes by car we have arrived at our destination. There were already familiar faces and we greeted the girls with kisses on the right and on the left and the boys with hugs. Almost everyone asked me what it was I smell like or said: "You smell good again". So the opening was saved :) It was a birthday party in a fancy location in Stuttgart. We were about 30 people and when we were together for a while it got warmer inside. Only now did Reflection unfold in its full splendour. I always smelled a tender aura around me and felt really good about it.
Yes, perfumes increase self-confidence. When the DJ hung up after a sumptuous buffet dinner, it didn't keep me on the chair anymore. I danced with others and we all forgot time. Meanwhile I only noticed that Reflection, although I was already sweating, was still stuck to me. Again and again I got a surge of scent in my nose while dancing. "Perfect! I thought to myself for the second time. Maybe it was because of Refelction or because of the great people that I would call this party one of the best I had ever experienced. In my circle of friends there are often parties at which I am present. Always good meetings, actually. But this Saturday night was something really special for me. Do you know that when you can't find words for what you've experienced? That's how I was and still am.
At 3 o'clock in the morning I was home again. Along with Reflection on me. I still smelled him. How great it was to be able to fall asleep with him.

Yesterday evening (Sunday) my very good friend stopped by for a beer. As promised, I then filled him Refelction, 20ml, and gave it to him. "Really now?" he asked me, insecure. He probably knows that this is not a cheap scent and 20ml is already a small batzen money. "Yes, I promised you!" and patted him on the shoulder again. A moment of silence came, he lifted his beer glass and toasted me with the words: "You are really fragrant! Thank you And again his brown eyes radiate this faithful look. These are moments that are tremendously precious to me. That's friendship. I nodded and smiled only as he thanked me. It's fair to say we're both friends for life. Walking through thick and thin together, strengthening each other and giving light in dark times. But they laughed just as much and did adventurous things. And when we drank the second beer and talked about yesterday's party, I was sure that Reflection would continue to strengthen the bond of friendship. Amouage, thank you for this jewel!
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

MrInfinite
What have you done? Finished it!
Act 1: Promise

I quite often award 10 stars for fragrances that suit me and please me. But I notice that also my nose is harder to satisfy with time. If a fragrance exaggerates it too much in one direction be it sweetness or freshness, it's done for me. The number of ingredients does not have to be extravagant, the vote on the other hand does. You expect a certain performance when you apply the first spray on your skin. The bottle itself slowly forms a trust, which creates the connection to the fragrance. If this is not appealing enough, the expectation is at this level for the time being.
Reflection promises me a quiet appearance.

Act 2: The turn

No pushiness, no haste, just pure passion that takes its time; a slow foreplay.
Time and patience are proportional in this creation, a light spice comes to the through and through Olfactorius stimulates. Restlessness builds up in me or just the excitement of what awaits me.
A flowery veil soothes with nuances of iris, neroli and jasmine. None of the components want to be in the foreground; they act together for hours on end.

Act 3: The Prestige

I'm waiting...
Reflection wants to show me that patience is rewarded. In slow steps we approach the end; like everything in life. Sandalwood and cedar wood are added. Every breath becomes more intense but I am thrilled how beautiful it is. Patchouli lingers in the background, so far hardly noticeable but omnipresent. In the transitions slightly balsamic-sweet he makes the end all honours. Now we are here; it was a long way that we went together. Just as the reflection of the wearer changes with time, so Reflection slowly goes away from me. I won't forget you.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

PatrickStar
the almost perfect fragrance, which is always wearable
Hello dear forum,

it's been a long time since I wrote a comment, but I'd like to write something about Reflection Man again, and hope that my enthusiasm for him will perhaps spill over a bit to you.

Reflection Man, a fragrance you won't be able to avoid at some point - at the latest when you register here, you'll come into contact with it at some point, whether from reading, a recommendation or through bottling. With me it was all three, in that order ;)

But before that I had read myself through many comments and statements, which actually only had the consequence that I became even more curious about the Amouage.
When the bottling was then with me, I approached her without expectations and tested.
I was very surprised, even a little shocked I would say. I didn't expect this floral sweet start. But I liked it right at the beginning.
The scent doesn't really change with me. But the individual notes alternate wonderfully with each other, or form a beautiful symbiosis with each other.
In the base it becomes slightly powdery and together with the floral notes it becomes very pleasant.
You're absolutely comfortable with him. None of the individual notes is aggressive or stands out.
Not a single moment the scent becomes restless, rumbling or loud. It's just wonderful to wear it.

However, at some point the bottling was as good as used up. I wanted to save the last rest in the TC to be able to smell it at least once in a while.
Then came the time in which I looked again and again here in the Souk for flacons and filling, in the Internet or in perfumeries for offers ... there was nothing to do ... the prices are already very stable and move so always around 200+ € for the small 50ml version.
And again and again I had moments where I just thought "now the RM would fit so wonderfully" or stood in the morning before the question which fragrance I should put on. In this situation the RM would have been perfect! It doesn't corner, isn't too loud and also looks very noble and high quality and at the same time elegant - but without that you have the feeling it would only fit to suit and tie - I think.

When I was about to buy a bottle, I got a little used bottle by bartering with the nice Parfumo Maximumirin.
And she was right back. My enthusiasm for this fragrance.
That I just feel really comfortable with him right now.
It fits every situation, work, leisure, evening.

I can understand that some people draw parallel to Le Male in a certain way, but the two fragrances cannot be directly compared with each other. There are similarities, but RM is definitely going its own way. You shouldn't confuse the two.

The price is of course quite high. If you want to pay that, you have to find out for yourself.
That is the question how much you are enthusiastic about a fragrance.
Anyway, it's clear to me now that he's worth it to me.

Carlitos01 149 days ago
The combo Bitter Orange-Neroli-Santal is a proven one and excelled in this fragrance. This "all around" Amouage is maybe one the best.+4
KingPin 10 months ago
Citric entré with a classic and classy neroli/sandalwood continuance. Hints of pepper and jasmine. Good but better options available.+2
DavidBraz 14 months ago
Flowery powderyness with a short citric open! Its a reflection of class and cleaness.+2
YKem 18 months ago
Resemblance to fleur du male. Flowery and aromatic and very elite. All ingredients are pure and clear.+1
Giesta40 2 years ago
Flowery perfume, where the Jasmine is very noticeable. To me, this fragrance is perfectly unisex.+2
Carlossp 2 years ago
It is for me the least Amouage perfume I have or dress. I think that in this style there are many in the market and at better prices.+2
Hajuvana 2 years ago
With Le Mâle, banality is precisely the point. Can it be improved upon by means of sheer quality? Like, would an Artisan Twinkie work?+1
Hermesh 3 years ago
While "Le Male" remains a rebel up to the dense vanilla-laden base, Reflection wears a suit and is well-behaved from the beginning.+4
6.0

by Kenshin
by Aglianico
by Aglianico

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage