Reflection Man 2007

Reflection Man by Amouage
Bottle Design Asprey
Top 2 in Men's Perfume
Reflection Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesRosemary, Red pepper, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 28.10.2020.

A noble all-rounder
In spite of a statement I have already written, I have now decided to make a comment (my first one, maybe that's why people still look at me for possible weaknesses) on this fragrance.

Having already owned a bottling plant, I was now allowed to have a full bottle in my house. And this, although I was not really convinced of the fragrance at first. My first impression was too boring and unspectacular. After wearing it several times, I gradually thought differently. It is perhaps still not the most spectacular fragrance I have ever smelled. But it doesn't have to be, it is extraordinary for that. Floral, yet masculine, powdery, very noble, yet for me suitable for everyday use, it combines all of these things. Apart from that, more than enough has been said about the fragrance itself, it is not without reason that it enjoys this popularity
On the oft-touted topic of batches, made in... and the projections and shelf lives associated with them, I can't say much about. Mine comes from Oman and the sillage is very perceptible without becoming unpleasant. I am also very satisfied with the durability. It's no wonder that Amouage Reflection Man has become my signature scent and has a special place in my slowly maturing collection.
Sniffler77
Are you wearing JPG Le Male again...
a friend of mine recently asked me, who in my eyes has a very fine sense of smell. But before I could tell him which scent it actually was, he already revised his statement. "Well, that's not JPG...., that's... hmmm... the scent is similar to "Le Male" but somehow finer and more exquisite... is this a flanker?!? With a smile I answered: "guess what?". Despite constant sniffing at me he didn't get it and finally gave up and wanted to know what it is. But since it's his birthday in a few days and I want to surprise him with "Refelction Man", the scent remains my secret until now..
5.5

Oceansprince
Floral in a small piece of wood
I admit that my addiction to collect niche perfumes forced me to buy first the high rated juices.. hoping that all these people know and feel exactly as i feel and smell.
But finally i was wrong..
My opinion about floral perfumes is strict.
In my collection there are some unisex fragrances with floral, sweet tension but not so feminine as reflection man..
Maybe the reflection of every man must show something feminine for balance.. is this the meaning..?
By the way, Reflection man is not for my nose..
Sweetness combined well the rosemaries, jasmine flowers, but woody notes are weak.
I expected something fresh but not so sweet..
I was hoping for a pinch of spicy and dark note..
Silage is good, as most of Amouage frags.
Longevity is above average, 7 hours
If you are a floral, sweet person Reflection man is ideal.
For manly and intellectual perfumes Amouage have many better..
Fresh + Sweet + Floral
... and that's it. But not bad at all. It doesn't always take a lot and a crazy mix to make a fragrance good. If you like sweet and flowery, you will be completely satisfied with this, I am sure. The sweetness isn't unpleasant like other perfumes... it harmonizes very well with the floral note
I think it's a little less office space. Rather spring, summer for leisure time or evenings/out.

But also has a slightly feminine character in my opinion. Maybe this is because I always associate this flowery one with women.
The scent of Dorian Gray
From the beginning.

I discovered Reflection Man (RM) while searching for an alternative to JPG Le Male. I like the sailor a lot, but wanted to wear a fragrance that would stand out from the crowd. In various forums and reviews I then read about RM. This one should have similarity to Le Male.

Insanely curious about the scent, one day I went to a well-assorted perfumery that had the scent in stock. Excited and full of expectation I applied it to my skin and let the magic work. It was good, but did not enchant me directly. I saw only the remotest resemblance to Le Male. It hadn't been enough to buy it at that time. Still, the scent did not let go of me
A little later I tested it again. And then - it must have been about 3 years ago - I recognized its outstanding purity and quality. It didn't take long and he became a part of my collection.

Now what does my comment have to do with the title?

Occasionally I like to read books. When I recently felt like reading a good book again, I rummaged through my small modest collection. I let my gaze wander over the titles until my attention fell on a book with shiny silver writing in black cover. It was the book "The Portrait of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. I took it out and read the first pages. I already know the contents of the book, as I had read it before. It is about a rich, immaculate and young man named Dorian Gray who, when he becomes aware of his outward appearance, changes into a cruel human being.

- I must make it clear that I see no similarities whatsoever between RM and the Dorian Gray he becomes in the course of history. At this point, I will also refrain from giving essential details about the content in case someone else wants to read the book. -

When I read a book, I like to imagine the scenes. So I imagine how the main character looks like, how the voices sound and which scent Dorian Gray is wearing. Dorian Gray, despite his wealth and appearance at the beginning of the story, is a modest, friendly and charming beauty. Reflection Man radiates this very much for me: Pure, beautiful and yet modest. A fragrance that envelops the wearer in a wonderful aura without wanting to seduce.

In the course of the novel the protagonist develops into a bad and unscrupulous man. I imagined how the scent of Dorian Gray changed with his change of character: when he was modest and polite at first, he smelled like Reflection Man to me. But as he develops into a cruel and sinful man, it is a foul stench that surrounds him. Far from the glory of Reflection Man.

RM embodies for me the good in Dorian Gray before he became the monster. In terms of reality, he represents for me the good in people. He does not automatically make the wearer a good person.
But he takes him to task, holds up the "mirror" to him - in the true sense of the word - and asks him what kind of person you want to be in this life.

By the way: RM is not one of those "bad-boy scents" or "panty-droppers" that are said to have a certain effect on the female sex.

It floats in other spheres.

In this sense:

Peace!
The white powder of the Middle East
After what I heard about the scent I was very excited to wear it myself. For me, who finds powdery fragrances like Prada pleasant, this is a very successful composition. The fresh and powdery basic constellation is mixed with an exciting oriental sweetness that can be perceived for many hours. The quality of the content can be perceived throughout, the fragrance deserves the positive comments.

Smunitz
The scent to wear when you want to reflect on life!
Most versatile fragrance in my collection, only Aventus can be a real competitor here. You could say it resembles very vaguely La Male but not really: way smother, classier and refined (no pronounced mint or vanilla note either). Reflection Man is a floral and sandalwood mix purified and blended to perfection. You can't tell where florals end and woods begin. Average to linear, very easy on the nose, non offensive and in general pleasant smell (the florals and woods come across as this very expensive detergent smell). Good projection and longevity too. Could be worn year round, day or night, work or date. Really that versatile. Whether you will like it or not and whether it is worth the money or not: that's your call. But this is a beautiful, exquisite and smelling expensive fragrance!!!
RikR315
The boring one from Amouage? Not at all!
Once again I ordered a fragrance of Amouage blind. It has become Reflection Man and I had been skeptical at first, because the opinions about Reflection Man are really divergent. After 2 days of pondering how Relfection Man would smell, it finally arrived. As always, the packaging and bottle of Amouage is a dream in my eyes, simply beautiful to look at and timeless. Unlike Interlude, Reflection Man is made in Oman and not made in the UK, which appeals to me in a positive way.
After the unpacking came finally the smell test. For a moment I thought this looks familiar. Unfortunately I can't tell you how I have smelled this scent before. Is that the smell of Le Male? I don't know anyway.
After about 15 minutes, the fragrance really develops a light, non-intrusive, fresh scent with slightly woody notes. I could not perceive rosemary. I think you can wear Reflection Man very well in every season and occasion. Because it was unfortunately also very hot yesterday, the scent test was perhaps a little bit I say misleading. As soon as it is cooler I will test Reflection Man again intensively. I still perceived the scent very well after 4 hours.
My conclusion: a good, quite strong all-rounder from Amouage, with the oriental flair, which is captivating if you like oriental fragrances. I would buy it again and again, because you can get it already quite cheap online
NativeHeart
I have a problem with this smell...
...and these are very strong memories of a very cheap perfume I owned a few years ago.
At that time it cost me less than 10 Euro, rather even just over 5 Euro. I bought it in a junk shop, in one where one should not actually buy perfume. But I did...
It may sound a bit harsh and superficial, but I was relatively quick to label this perfume as cheap back then, and therefore used it so rarely that I had to "give it away" at some point, as I could no longer tolerate it in my environment - the quotation marks because I put it on a public glass garbage container for free, so there was at least a theoretical chance that the neglected bottle might end up in the hands of a happy owner after all. Because the fragrance was quite good (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it) and too good to throw away, but I really didn't want it in my collection anymore either.

Why am I telling you all this? Because in my nose Reflection Man smells exactly like this cozy but very racy scent I bought in a cheap store in Mainz a few years ago. Of course, there's no other way than to project this totally superficial and not very rational value judgement against the cheap perfume quasi unconsciously onto the cute magic sumptuous Amouage. I.e. in my nose I do not smell the
>200 Euro expensive niche perfume, but the 2,50 DM expensive plastic water from that time (for further discussion about the sense and nonsense of brand values and about the power of marketing you can fill books, so I leave it at this point).

But let's get back to the scent itself, because that's what this is all about.

Reflection Man smells quite good and lasts very long at least on my clothes (on my skin less than 2 hours, which I find really embarrassing considering the price). However, regardless of the trauma I mentioned above, RM is nothing more than an okay scent
So I can't help but give the fragrance a 7.5 and wonder why it is so hyped in the local reviews and in the videos of well-known YouTuber.

I therefore recommend that everyone test Reflection Man and not make a blind purchase - according to the motto, expensive must be good. Because about the quality of this brew every man should reflect for himself ...maybe therefore the name.

I would like to thank DonCarlo for the bottling and the fast shipping.
Idk
The scent of a sea of flowers
That's exactly how I would describe him. When I close my eyes and imagine lying on a huge meadow full of flowers and blossoms, the smell of this fragrance comes to my mind. Very fresh and a good alternative to all the masculine scents that dominate the market. An unmistakable pleasant scent. I will and would buy a second time.

EdP4hommeEdP4homme 31 days ago
Amazing and too expansive, opens floral-neroli and dries down strong Sandal like Pegasus so for the price I go with Pegasus
TRehfTRehf 79 days ago
Elegant & floral-woody. Great quality & performance. All seasons, but office or upscale events. Compliment getter. Not similar to Le Male.
GreMuserGreMuser 97 days ago
I see this as a mature/serious take on LeMale, very plain pleasant but for mature well established people.
GONZALOGONZALO 114 days ago
The most alluring floral scent for a man. Perfect for a warm day, incredibly gentlemanly personality.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 125 days ago
Despite the pronounced spicy opening, this sweet powdery-floral Spring fragrance is nicely balanced by its gentle warm-woody base. Awesome!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 159 days ago
I smell JPG Le Mãle mixed with JOOP Homme in the first hours, but with quality ingredients. After that it turnes better.
KimesKimes 180 days ago
Great fragrance, longevity and sillage is quite avarage tho.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
The combo Bitter Orange-Neroli-Santal is a proven one and excelled in this fragrance. This "all around" Amouage is maybe one the best.
KingPinKingPin 20 months ago
Citric entré with a classic and classy neroli/sandalwood continuance. Hints of pepper and jasmine. Good but better options available.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
Flowery powderyness with a short citric open! Its a reflection of class and cleaness.

by Umut1984
by Kenshin
by Aglianico
by Aglianico

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage