Reflection Man 2007

Reflection Man by Amouage
Bottle Design Asprey
Top 2 in Men's Perfume
Reflection Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Apollonia

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesRosemary, Red pepper, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 12.01.2021.

Dekibrate
WOW what a stroke of luck!!!
A fragrance that has made me in the perfumery just Baff.

My first encounter with this fragrance, I have made in Breuninger. I was looking for random fragrances and wanted to try me just a little bit. Since in the Breuninger as good as only exclusive fragrances are, I thought on loose a nice lady who works in sales to address and let me advise a little. From (Amouage) I have never heard before.
So she started showing me the Amouage fragrances and told me a little bit about them. I don't know why, but I kept looking at the bottle of Reflection Men while she was telling me a few things. Something gave me this bottle, what the others could not give me.
Accordingly, the nice saleswoman took this bottle in her hand and applied it to a fragrance strip. Not even close to my nose and baaaam. ME: ( OMG, what the hell is that gross scent). Yeah right, that's how I had pronounced it in front of the lady. I was really completely overwhelmed and I really have never been allowed to smell such a damn good smelling scent through my little nose before. Do you know that when you are looking for a scent that triggers an absolute WOW effect? I had always been looking for this one. I wanted the perfume that I will smell sooner or later, or where I was looking for, just a WOW effect. And exactly that was or is Amouage Reflection Men.

I had two spritzes put on my neck on the spot and then went out into the fresh air with it. A little breeze and you feel like in paradise when this breeze flies past your nose.

Short Storrytelling what hurts very much: On Christmas my mum gave me this fragrance. 200€ for 50ml. I had been happy like a little kid about this gift and could honestly hardly wait to put me at home on the display case. When unpacking the foil and open the packaging which is in my opinion really very very bad, it happened then. My perfume flies out of the package and bangs in the kitchen on the floor. Yes I know, I would have had to open the somewhere where this could not have happened. But since I had been so looking forward to it and I absolutely didn't expect it, I was deeply annoyed by this misfortune. 200€, 50ml, in less than 10 seconds just crashed on the floor, that was my Christmas present. :-(
Apart from the fact that the dog no longer wanted to eat from his bowl and we had to buy a new + the whole house to this day still 07.01.2021 completely smells like the Amouage, the fragrance is my absolute favorite perfume until now.

Unfortunately, I have the other fragrances of the house Amouage not yet tried, this I will definitely have to do!

PS: my mom has ordered me on it equal again 50ml..
Somewhere a happy ending, but somehow not..
Halcyon
Opulent social fragrance with assertiveness
Amouage I tried through and the only scent I really liked was this one. To say it up front, the quality is very good throughout. And both the fragrance and the packaging. You also don't get such a quality bottle with a magnetic cap everywhere. Makes really what her.

In one word: opulent.

Initially, I had difficulty with its dosage. After a few attempts I arrived at 2, maximum three small sprays. So he is well portable and does not also fog the entire environment with. Because he is already quite sweet, with extraordinary sillage.

I wear him but too rarely: for the office he is too opulent for me, for theater / concert & Co the neighbors too intrusive. At receptions, in the bar or when dancing he can make a good figure and is also assertive there. Generally, I would recommend him at outdoor events in the summer.

In my opinion, so a great fragrance, but where you should think in advance about the subsequent use. Due to the relatively high price has him certainly not everyone.

Fragrance 9/10: qualitatively great fragrance, but not my favorite
Durability 10/10: Yes, yes and again yes
Sillage 10/10: correct dosage is the key
Flacon 10/10: really great flacon with magnetic closure
Price / performance 6/10: valuable he is, but I wear him too rarely
Royalo
One of the most beautiful ever walkers
When I smelled this fragrance the first time, it was about me happen.
Love at first sniff.
This is one of those fragrances that you can wear all year round and you do not stand out unpleasantly. Quite the opposite,especially with the opposite sex it triggers positive feelings. Spring is his time. There it can unfold with all its splendor and provide for delight. I am not a big talker when it comes to the composition of a fragrance, there are enough sites where you can look this up. I have had several fragrances from the manufacturer but only this one has remained and will remain forever in my collection. Sure the price is not without but it is worth it. Sometimes you can get it on sale, keep your eyes open, in any case you should look for the Oman and not the UK version. This is much stronger and longer lasting. On the whole, a clear buy recommendation on my part. This was my first and definitely not last comment here on Parfumo. LG rudirednose9
Male self-image
The Amouage brand is one that I really appreciate for its uniqueness and diversity. From mainstream to extreme niche, everything can be found in the portfolio.
Reflection Man is certainly to be assigned to the former.
At the flacon I'll be brief, I find generally at Amouage beautifully simple and noble.

Now to the fragrance. At the beginning, the bitter orange leaf is the most superficial note.
Not too sweet and rather dry I perceive them.
Quickly joins then neroli and especially jasmine, which gives the fragrance its characteristic floral note.
Thereupon still a soft, but yet intense sandalwood mixes in.
Together, a sweetish-floral-powdery fragrance is created, which in my eyes could also be classified as unisex.
It's really pleasing and universal, classy enough for work and playful enough for the weekend.
I reject the often heard comparison to Le Male by JPG, I find both fragrances fundamentally different.

The durability is in the upper midfield, which is optimal, however, as it never becomes intrusive. The sillage is long present, but again so subtle that it is never too much.

In summary, you could say that you get a universally applicable fragrance with Reflection Man, which copes with all situations of everyday life. He is not exactly cheap, but he is definitely worth the money and will give you long pleasure.

Clear purchase recommendation.
Aglianico
"I like to smell you, I'll let you go"
The Reflection Man by Amouage is a phenomenon.

On the one hand, it is the men's fragrance that I personally would describe as "most fragrant" of all those known to me. As a pure fragrance, it would be due to its flawlessness a smooth 10, by the typical Amouage flacon impressively staged. In net reviews - which I take with a grain of salt - associations like "rich", "luxurious" and "affluent" are drawn many times. Kind of understandable, because: Reflection Man smells like intentional perfection, with its smooth-sweet-powerful-quiet aura. Not overloaded, but like an olfactory silver veil of enormous volume. Compared to many other highly diffusive and lingeringly potent fragrances, it doesn't slay or suffocate the wearer (like some ambered "stunners" for example). No, it's balanced. Pleasing. Very few people are likely to dislike it, the vast majority are likely to find it at least fragrant, if not "absolutely brilliant smelling". As I said, a phenomenon.

No "on the one hand" without a "on the other hand".

Reflection Man, despite its supposed perfection, doesn't work for me. I smell him very gladly, I had him, however, when I was still in possession of a "cheap" flacon, almost never worn. It didn't suit me. And I'm still puzzling over why it didn't. Maybe it was my impression that it was too heavy for an everyday scent (my opinion) or all-rounder; or too classy for the vast majority of occasions; or too long-lasting (8 hours plus, on fabric forever) and present after all; or ... Or maybe its DNA was too opulent for me as a person. Maybe I'll solve this mystery one day. One reads it here yes relatively often, that he is loved many times, but sometimes hardly worn.

How does it smell?

I struggled to describe it for a long time, until the first time I had a sandalwood oil blend (not original) under my nose. Yes, the dominant scent is a warm, beautiful sandalwood that is guaranteed not to be natural, but probably a mix of aroma chemicals like sandela, sandalore, and whatever they're all called. In addition, there are white flowers (jasmine, neroli or substitutes like hedione, nerolin and the like), without smelling too floral, and some kind of fragrances that give volume, body and longevity. Also, a slightly metallic note that makes Reflection Man at least a distant relative (anything but a twin) of scents like Pegasus or, with a little imagination, Fucking Fabulous. The closeness to Le Male is unmistakable, but then in my opinion the RM is a noble edition and at best in the late drydown I would say "hopped like jumped". The nearest twin I know is Hartley - felt 95% match, so you probably don't need both together unless you're a lover.

Verdict: You get a lot with this fragrance - but I recommend testing at least 5 or 10 ml before buying, preferably over several months. Maybe he fits. With me, unfortunately, that was not the case.

Estabilished People
Floral, powdery, very balanced and more unisex than masculine in my opinion.

It is certainly pleasant and has nothing offensive at all, it is linear, but at a certain point it takes a turn a little too 'mature' for my taste, it reminds me of one of the perfumes my grandmother wore.

In general it is a good choice if: you want a perfume that always works, you are over 45, you don't want the classic Sauvage / Bleu de Chanel etc., you don't mind the price.
Gross! Definitely thrilled!
I had this scent send me a souk.
When the souk arrived I tried it on a test strip He hasn't convinced me as much on the test strip... well, I'm not giving up. Sprayed in at 8:00 this morning and smelled that wonderful smell all day long. It is 17:30 and I still smell the Reflection Man very good on me I would describe the fragrance as sweet and spicy, which also brings a certain freshness. When I sprayed on Reflection Man, I first thought it was a fragrance for the summer, but then after 15-30 minutes it became darker, sweeter and spicier. I wouldn't wear it in the middle of summer, but in every other season. A really nice scent that I count as one of my favourite scents from now on, besides Dior Home Intense.
Pooh...
After long consideration I got myself a sample in the souk again, which arrived today.
Unfortunately I was anything but enthusiastic.

After only a few minutes, the partner could no longer perceive any note and would have to get very close to the neck. The performance for a perfume >200€ is underground.

Unfortunately, the scent doesn't convince me either. I find that it smells too much like (cheap) wood. I don't find the scent very fresh either.

It's a pity, but my scent won't
EspritLibre
Mirror image of the man who wants to be a man
What do I think of when I smell the scent:
I'm back on the Amalfi Coast. Summer, sun, beach and sea. There will be champagne. I enjoy the full luxury on holiday.
Reason enough for me to buy this fragrance The fragrance that is highly deserving of the name "reflection of man".
The reflection of the man who often wants to be a man. With the scent it's you.
You just have to close your eyes and smell
Usman23
Spicy or sweet - difficult decision
The fragrance can be described with one word "clean". The first time Reflection Man on the nose - is that soap? The second time - Is it sweet or spicy? The scent smells of a rich, clean, well-groomed man. On my skin, he doesn't perform well. Reminds me a little of Prada L'homme. Is also the better and cheaper alternative. Considering the high price, unfortunately disappointing

911Frags911Frags 1 month ago
A dumb reach for niche beginners !!!
cool mature Scent, and i dont think its smell like La male... not even close
JotaJota 2 months ago
This one exudes class and sophistication. One of the best male floral fragrances i ever met. No need to say more. Love, love, love this one.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 4 months ago
Amazing and too expansive, opens floral-neroli and dries down strong Sandal like Pegasus so for the price I go with Pegasus
TRehfTRehf 5 months ago
Elegant & floral-woody. Great quality & performance. All seasons, but office or upscale events. Compliment getter. Not similar to Le Male.
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
I see this as a mature/serious take on LeMale, very plain pleasant but for mature well established people.
GONZALOGONZALO 6 months ago
The most alluring floral scent for a man. Perfect for a warm day, incredibly gentlemanly personality.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
Despite the pronounced spicy opening, this sweet powdery-floral Spring fragrance is nicely balanced by its gentle warm-woody base. Awesome!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
I smell JPG Le Mãle mixed with JOOP Homme in the first hours, but with quality ingredients. After that it turnes better.
KimesKimes 9 months ago
Great fragrance, longevity and sillage is quite avarage tho.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The combo Bitter Orange-Neroli-Santal is a proven one and excelled in this fragrance. This "all around" Amouage is maybe one the best.

by Umut1984
by Kenshin
by Aglianico
by Aglianico

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage