Sunshine Woman 2014

Sunshine Woman by Amouage
Bottle Design Bill Trigger
Sunshine Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2014. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.
Scent goes well with Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Blackcurrant liqueur, Davana
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus, Jasmine, Vanilla, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesCanary Islands juniper, Patchouli, Papyrus, Blond tobacco

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 24.11.2020.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

Summer BlingBling
Amouage has one thing in common: Completely different perfumes on the market that have very different fans. Every Amouage in my collection has its own fan - sometimes there are several - who are completely convinced by the fragrance, while the person is completely unaffected by other Amouage fragrances. My mother loves memoir, an exact affair commented lyric with "that's how beautiful women must smell" and Sunshine - well - received the somewhat questionable compliment: "You smell crassly good after hippie festival and weed!"
There's definitely movement in the perfume. At the beginning it smells sweet, flowery, fruity, goes into the (sunny?) creamy in between, the finish towards smoke and herb comes later and then the other notes don't disappear completely. Since other people seldom experience the entire fragrance process, the reactions are very different. My mother, for example, associates Amouage mainly with Memoir, Epic and Fate and was quite horrified by Sunshine at first sight - it was quite good, but totally flat and boring, just a sweet flower-fruit-mix... Only to ask months later what smells so good. The late scent, the creamy and smoky one, seems to be especially adorable for some people...
My 100ml bottle is already half emptied, I find myself, despite various other beautiful summer scents, at panic-laden bunker buying impulses. For me, it is the greatest summer scent besides Soleil Blanc. But while Soleil Blanc is more of an affogato in a café in Ascona, Sunshine is the whole summer panopticon: sunsets over the city park, cigarettes and vanilla ice cream, self-adulterated schnapps on the Baltic beach, spilling sunscreen at 40° C in the shade on the Sinai, hippie parties in Tel Aviv, cycling and fruitcake in the Mecklenburg Lakeland, overcrowded outdoor swimming pools.
In this Corona summer, the first summer in years that I spent almost exclusively at German holiday resorts, I also imagined that Sunshine would bring a little international flair to my home holiday.

Now summer is over and the beautifully kitschy yellow bottle disappears into one of the back rows of the perfume compartment. But, hah, nice it was again!
Iamallin
Expensive is not always good
Almond, black currant liqueur, vanilla, light tobacco is among the fragrances listed and I had hoped for.
But what was left for my nose?
Jasmine, magnolia, a little patchouli And unfortunately only after 1 or 2 hours.
Before, a slightly pungent, musty brew made from indefinable ingredients.
That's just my opinion and may be due to my smelling abilities, but:
as another member wrote: "And somehow life is much too short for fragrances that you have to talk yourself into".
Full consent. Pity.
DerDefcon
Daring, polarizing, extremely potent and completely different from the men's version
I already had the "Sunshine Man" under my nose and I can say that this one has nothing to do with the ladies' counterpart. The men's version is much sweeter and the vanilla has a completely different olfactory approach than in "Sunshine Women". But let's come to the latter. What does it smell like?

Granted: I was a bit shocked by this Amouage at first. I could already see myself typing a 6.0 into the rating scale, which is rather negative for perfume ratios, because the opening is not for sensitive noses in need of harmony. Those would, if they were to take this Omani perfume cracker under their noses - he is, mind you -, spend the first 30 minutes looking for the distance, because "Sunshine Woman" has a fruity start, but not in a pleasant way. The nose is overrun by something scratchy and sour. Immediately I think of fresh, tangy fruits, which you dribble on your chapped lips - to add a reference to the world we live in. Just imagine this phenomenon in the olfactory, perfume-related sense.
Fortunately, "Sunshine Women" shows its softer sides over time, so that now even the sensitive noses can slowly come back to our trial round and try to get a little warmer with this "water" - what an understatement. The scratchy-biting fruit mixture now shoots with smaller guns, but remains perceptible and that over the entire fragrance process. But what I like very much about "Sunshine Women" is the addition of a woody note, which is probably due to the interplay of juniper cedar, osmanthus and papyrus. This woody note is wonderfully soft and forms a wonderful contrast to the now less offensive fruitiness and gives the composition something mature or adult, as it avoids drifting into trivial "fruit salad". The woody scent is a little bit pencil-like for me, just like you know it from other cedar scents, only that here, as already mentioned several times, the omnipresent fruitiness is still present. I even think I can hear some leather - only very discreetly, of course.
With patience, after about two hours you will experience a really great vanilla, only subtly sweet background to the whole thing, which rounds off this fragrance skilfully. The final result is a mixture of subtle vanilla fruits that have dried out minimally during the fragrance process and are kept in check by a dry woodiness. The possible fear of not noticing this great and above all interesting development itself is unfounded, as shelf life and sillage are above average, which accordingly requires a careful dosage - similar to the "Sunshine Man".

What luck for Amouage to have created a fragrance that is undergoing such a development. This gives him excitement and, of course, my goodwill. The initial 6.0 rating is therefore not the only one, of course. I raise it to 9.0 and hope to smell this great fragrance on someone else at some point. I deliberately don't talk about the female sex, but about "another person", because this perfume is naturally available for all genders. In the end, it's much more angular, daring and somehow more fascinating than "Sunshine Man", who prefers to play it safe with its soft and above all fast onset vanilla sweetness - unlike "Sunshine Woman".

Remark: The statement that I am the first male person to write a comment on this fragrance here at parfumo.de is of course - as some people have pointed out here - incorrect. I just didn't scroll through it completely or didn't see all comments. Of course I have removed the untrue statement. Many thanks to all who pointed this out ;) I was just not thorough enough.
Positive Vibes
I am someone who laughs a lot, is often happy and shows a lot of optimism and joy of life.

At the beginning of my "perfume career" someone put a small Eppendorf jar with a few drops of Sunshinewoman in it. And what can I say, the perfume reflects me (at least felt) like no other. For me it radiates warmth, sun, happiness and joy at the same time. In short, a "sunshine". Again and again I tried a drop on my forearm and each time I thought "I must have that scent". And in spite of the small amount applied, the sillage and durability were outstanding, so that my friend always asked me what I was wearing.
I had infected him with my Sunshine enthusiasm and he also fell in love with the male counterpart of Amouage. I hope that soon a bottle may move into my collection
Yellow is not summer!
Oh, yeah. :-)
Once again I write an entry for an exclusive, who was allowed to move in with me thanks to Mrs. LiLaLinchen, in form of a very generous addition. :-)
Because of the great ratings I expected the sun out of the bottle, the love of life, the summer to spray.

What I did get...was currant liqueur under an old cedar-juniper branch; around it grow a few flowers, including strawflowers.
Later the vanilla also comes along, VERY much later (1-2 hours?!). It'll be nicer, but not really nice.
It remains quite herbaceous, kind of strawy. Sweet, too, but so... fermented?

Yeah, it smells a little bit like summer day, summer forest, fall, I don't know. But even when the vanilla chips away, it's still... strangely herbaceous that I never know here in which season drawer I can put it?
Does it get better in the spring? Hm. Well, it's nothing to me. Yesterday I had sprayed four fragrances, and in between I kept thinking "Yeeeeehhhh, which one smells so terrible?! Yes, the Amouage sunshine. But I think the bottles are so beautiful and somehow, for whatever reason, people are inclined to make the fragrances look good. But no, this one's not for me. If it was at least ala "Oh yes, nice, but try it with more heat", but it is not. He's not with me, I don't like to smell his wrist, we're not made for each other.

Hot dance
Amouage...Amouage, Amooouaaaaaaage.
That word alone puts me into the Thousand and One Nights.
Scheherazade with her stories. yes...
Be that as it may.
It is evening and my husband has invited me to dinner. The rascal always does that when he has done something wrong and has to bend it straight again. Hmm... yes, I like to eat well. And he knows it
Chic upscale restaurant with evening music, also dancing if you like it. I am not so much the dancer, then rather disco, where the dance arts are not so relevant. But that's not the issue now.
There are 8 courses, beautifully fine with decorated biscuits on the plate. Between the corridors one may swing the dance leg. We eat, talk and observe. Cultivate our marriage, so to speak.
An older couple has taken a seat at the neighboring table. She - very well-groomed, blonde. He is tall, visibly aged, well sprung, Mediterranean appearance. When we already came to our table, the Lord winked at me in greeting. "Nice," I thought. Again and again there was a little conversation. The gentleman made charming compliments and constantly winked in my direction. Sometime between aisle 4 or 5 he rose, visibly anxious and steered in our direction.
"May I ask the lady for the dance?" bathei he looked at my husband "I'd love to." My husband winks at me. Until I can even understand with whom the gentleman wants to dance, the good guy pulls my hand and I have no choice but to follow him onto the dance floor. The gentleman puts both hands around my talie, a rollator handle like this, and off we go. We rock back and forth like this. I look embarrassed at my husband, who is visibly enjoying himself, talking to his wife.
The Lord at my side comes so close to me that he breathes down my throat most of the time.
"O... You're rich... They smell like my summer home."
"Really? Where is it?"
"Caucasus, you know where that is?"
Well, I was good at geography. I nod and try to describe to him roughly the geographical location of the area.
"When I was a little boy, there was an apricot tree in our yard. Which was so huge that we could play under it when we were kids. He gave beautiful, cool shadows. The tree bore so many fruits that nobody was able to pick them. That's how they fell to the ground. But the sun was burning. You know, in summer it was up to 50 degrees Celsius, so these apricots dried on dusty ground. There we had, boys, until autumn always something to eat on the street. You pick those up, dust them off, and hmmm... I haven't done so well in Germany. They reach for these apricots and the hot Caucasian sun."
Whoa...That was a compliment...

Music has died down and we went to our places. I still had to prop the Lord up when I left... But in my head, for the whole evening... The Arabian Nights. Chess Avenue. Caucasus. Amouaaaaage.

Sun for the soul
Aventus I approach myself by nature rather a little more cautiously - oriental fragrances are on the one hand not so my ride, on the other hand it becomes with this fragrance house very fast times somewhat more expensive. But when a bright yellow bottle shines at me, it has almost happened to me. It became dramatic quickly when I noticed that the ladies' bottle smiled so seductively at me. But since the Amouages always appear as couples, the search for their male counterpart turned into an almost two-year wait. But I was disappointed in the end, because the men's fragrance has hardly anything in common with the women's version, but above all nothing beautiful. Hopefully more of them soon at another place.

If one acquires an Amouage perfume, the scent in a solid brick of a cardboard receives one, here in a very appealing light blue, which reminds by its grain of broken smallest waves on the beach or in the pool, on it a playful golden sun. A wonderful contrast is the glittering yellow of the bottle - puts it in the sunlight and the grip on the Ray Ban becomes imperative. I don't have to mention the fact that the bottle lies in the hand like a glove. And although I am not necessarily a fan of oriental ornamentation, I am always pleased to see that the bottle's design is not completed by a showy and at the same time harmonious lid and logo. Less is like so often more and here it is perfectly balanced.

From the beginning I was fascinated by the smell of the omnipresent and voluminous Cassis chord. I like this taste in lemonade, I love blackcurrants in cocktails. Here the same sound is reproduced optimally. I am glad that this note lasts long and clearly in the fragrance and does not fly away as a top note after the first sniffers. "Sunshine Woman" is a fragrance for aroma therapy. You have to soak him up and let him in. Here, one gradually discovers some very soft, slightly powdery, almost balsamic floral notes, which never surpass the Cassis chord, but rather underline it. At some point you'll notice some slightly woody and spicy notes, in which the fruit gently rises at the end.

I find no words, how relieved I am that no oriental notes and certainly no oud mix with it. Thus it remains an international fragrance with summery Mediterranean hints. With its very soft, fruity and flowery accents, "Sunshine Woman" is clearly a feminine fragrance that I like to wear as a man. Not so much in public, but rather as a fragrance to feel good at home, if you want to get some of the smells and feelings of summer and the sun into your house during the dreary and dark season of the year.

Despite its soft facets and subtle chords, the fragrance is surprisingly stable with eight to ten hours. His presence unfortunately doesn't go beyond arm length, which is a pity on the one hand, but on the other hand I'm sure that here, too, one would be almost too much.

I always argue with myself why Amouage didn't release an adequate men's version of "Sunshine Woman" for me. On the other hand, I am also happy to help, because I had to struggle my way through sometime and buy this sinfully expensive women's fragrance and so I got the ideal for me feel-good fragrance home. Sun for the soul ...
LaRoseNoir89
Sunny love on the first nose!
I had received Sunshine as a sample and tried it at the next opportunity. What do you want me to say? The first sprayer sat on my skin and already a warm feeling flowed through my body and let me slide into a daydream! With some perfumes I have reached a point quite fast, there the smell becomes too much for me. But here, just beautiful! My little piece of sun for the coming winter season!
SolisOccasum
Yellow tones penetrate the dreary grey
In our village there is a kindergarten almost next to an old church (built in gothic style).
Every morning the little people fall out of their rooms with yelling and screaming and tapper as fast as they carry their little legs to the yard.
This farm has the magical ability to transform itself into anything the little adventurer's heart desires.
A ship on the high seas; a stable for ponies; a spaceship with an alien on board; an oil rig etc.
And from time to time it happens that a little person is in the eagerness of ideas, so in the dream world and is not completely attentive. And then whoops..... i fell down. Hurt!
Then the dreary grey must be caught, embraced and caressed by very understanding educators. And sometimes the pain is wiped away with a magic hand.
The sun shines again in shining eyes and the adventure calls again.
The scent:
Begins with me immediately adventurous with tart creaky tobacco and an even louder currant. (My skin never adheres to the order of heart, base, or top notes)
yes the pirate ship has left and is sailing to Totenkopfinsel.

I smell less liqueur now.
After 5 minutes, however, the fragrance becomes gently creamy, making room for vanilla, and is sweetly enmeshed with jasmine. Pastel-coloured ponies suddenly run across the yellow flowering meadow and throw their heads cheerfully roaring into the air.
After 30 minutes (I guess) the scent changes again, and smells a bit unusual like macadamia nut.
Good ok doesn't say in the pyramid. Anything smells like that.

And then?...
If the fragrance remains so creamy, macadamig almond vanilla jasminig sweet. It doesn't change much anymore.
It lasts pretty long. On the skin from morning 8 to evening 7.
Sillage? Pooh doesn't know. Depending or not? Since I do not spray bath in it only briefly pft, also only briefly clearly perceptible, afterwards only skin-friendly.

Conclusion:
When you fall, the fragrance is the embrace that transforms your dreary grey into brightest light.
A scent for stressed souls, sad minds who want to smile again.
Or for people who like to be happy and cheerful anyway.
Sun in the disco
There's a colorful mix here. From fruity currants, sweet almonds, vanilla, a floral touch, to the base. I like this base on the one hand, which at first smells like a book, one with rough pages, none with smooth and no longer new, but which has been on someone's shelf at home for a long time. On the other hand, the base becomes a bit strenuous. It begins to form a sweet frankincense aroma, which is also found in the Interlude. It's such a strange sweet cloud, like the fog in the disco, which for me always smelled good and bäh in one. It's the same with this fragrance.
I like the head and the heart note best, the base starts to annoy me or gets a little sick of it. Like when I was dancing.
To the sunshine fits the smell, one could imagine that a sunbeam smells so. Warming a book on the sunbed.
The Sillage is rather pleasantly discreet.

SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 months ago
Smooth creamy fruity/vanilla delight, everything so well blended, the name is perfect, just like a sunshine indeed
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Juicy aromatic currant with floral-spicy tobacco flower and sweet but (because of papyrus and cade) not sticky vanilla.

Vielen Dank für die lieben Fotobesuche, ich schicke Euch eine große Portion Sonnenschein...:-)
by LaVioletta
by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Entenradio
Urlaubserinnerung mit Triple Sunshine:-))
by LaVioletta
by Ch053n0n3
by Samru
by Samru

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage