Sunshine Woman (2014)

Sunshine Woman by Amouage
Bottle Design Bill Trigger

Sunshine Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2014. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Blackcurrant liqueur, Davana
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus, Jasmine, Vanilla, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesCanary Islands juniper, Patchouli, Papyrus, Blond tobacco

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 05.06.2020.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

Positive Vibes
I am someone who laughs a lot, is often happy and shows a lot of optimism and joy of life.

At the beginning of my "perfume career" someone put a small Eppendorf jar with a few drops of Sunshinewoman in it. And what can I say, the perfume reflects me (at least felt) like no other. For me it radiates warmth, sun, happiness and joy at the same time. In short, a "sunshine". Again and again I tried a drop on my forearm and each time I thought "I must have that scent". And in spite of the small amount applied, the sillage and durability were outstanding, so that my friend always asked me what I was wearing.
I had infected him with my Sunshine enthusiasm and he also fell in love with the male counterpart of Amouage. I hope that soon a bottle may move into my collection
Yellow is not summer!
Oh, yeah. :-)
Once again I write an entry for an exclusive, who was allowed to move in with me thanks to Mrs. LiLaLinchen, in form of a very generous addition. :-)
Because of the great ratings I expected the sun out of the bottle, the love of life, the summer to spray.

What I did get...was currant liqueur under an old cedar-juniper branch; around it grow a few flowers, including strawflowers.
Later the vanilla also comes along, VERY much later (1-2 hours?!). It'll be nicer, but not really nice.
It remains quite herbaceous, kind of strawy. Sweet, too, but so... fermented?

Yeah, it smells a little bit like summer day, summer forest, fall, I don't know. But even when the vanilla chips away, it's still... strangely herbaceous that I never know here in which season drawer I can put it?
Does it get better in the spring? Hm. Well, it's nothing to me. Yesterday I had sprayed four fragrances, and in between I kept thinking "Yeeeeehhhh, which one smells so terrible?! Yes, the Amouage sunshine. But I think the bottles are so beautiful and somehow, for whatever reason, people are inclined to make the fragrances look good. But no, this one's not for me. If it was at least ala "Oh yes, nice, but try it with more heat", but it is not. He's not with me, I don't like to smell his wrist, we're not made for each other.

Hot dance
Amouage...Amouage, Amooouaaaaaaage.
That word alone puts me into the Thousand and One Nights.
Scheherazade with her stories. yes...
Be that as it may.
It is evening and my husband has invited me to dinner. The rascal always does that when he has done something wrong and has to bend it straight again. Hmm... yes, I like to eat well. And he knows it
Chic upscale restaurant with evening music, also dancing if you like it. I am not so much the dancer, then rather disco, where the dance arts are not so relevant. But that's not the issue now.
There are 8 courses, beautifully fine with decorated biscuits on the plate. Between the corridors one may swing the dance leg. We eat, talk and observe. Cultivate our marriage, so to speak.
An older couple has taken a seat at the neighboring table. She - very well-groomed, blonde. He is tall, visibly aged, well sprung, Mediterranean appearance. When we already came to our table, the Lord winked at me in greeting. "Nice," I thought. Again and again there was a little conversation. The gentleman made charming compliments and constantly winked in my direction. Sometime between aisle 4 or 5 he rose, visibly anxious and steered in our direction.
"May I ask the lady for the dance?" bathei he looked at my husband "I'd love to." My husband winks at me. Until I can even understand with whom the gentleman wants to dance, the good guy pulls my hand and I have no choice but to follow him onto the dance floor. The gentleman puts both hands around my talie, a rollator handle like this, and off we go. We rock back and forth like this. I look embarrassed at my husband, who is visibly enjoying himself, talking to his wife.
The Lord at my side comes so close to me that he breathes down my throat most of the time.
"O... You're rich... They smell like my summer home."
"Really? Where is it?"
"Caucasus, you know where that is?"
Well, I was good at geography. I nod and try to describe to him roughly the geographical location of the area.
"When I was a little boy, there was an apricot tree in our yard. Which was so huge that we could play under it when we were kids. He gave beautiful, cool shadows. The tree bore so many fruits that nobody was able to pick them. That's how they fell to the ground. But the sun was burning. You know, in summer it was up to 50 degrees Celsius, so these apricots dried on dusty ground. There we had, boys, until autumn always something to eat on the street. You pick those up, dust them off, and hmmm... I haven't done so well in Germany. They reach for these apricots and the hot Caucasian sun."
Whoa...That was a compliment...

Music has died down and we went to our places. I still had to prop the Lord up when I left... But in my head, for the whole evening... The Arabian Nights. Chess Avenue. Caucasus. Amouaaaaage.

Sun for the soul
Aventus I approach myself by nature rather a little more cautiously - oriental fragrances are on the one hand not so my ride, on the other hand it becomes with this fragrance house very fast times somewhat more expensive. But when a bright yellow bottle shines at me, it has almost happened to me. It became dramatic quickly when I noticed that the ladies' bottle smiled so seductively at me. But since the Amouages always appear as couples, the search for their male counterpart turned into an almost two-year wait. But I was disappointed in the end, because the men's fragrance has hardly anything in common with the women's version, but above all nothing beautiful. Hopefully more of them soon at another place.

If one acquires an Amouage perfume, the scent in a solid brick of a cardboard receives one, here in a very appealing light blue, which reminds by its grain of broken smallest waves on the beach or in the pool, on it a playful golden sun. A wonderful contrast is the glittering yellow of the bottle - puts it in the sunlight and the grip on the Ray Ban becomes imperative. I don't have to mention the fact that the bottle lies in the hand like a glove. And although I am not necessarily a fan of oriental ornamentation, I am always pleased to see that the bottle's design is not completed by a showy and at the same time harmonious lid and logo. Less is like so often more and here it is perfectly balanced.

From the beginning I was fascinated by the smell of the omnipresent and voluminous Cassis chord. I like this taste in lemonade, I love blackcurrants in cocktails. Here the same sound is reproduced optimally. I am glad that this note lasts long and clearly in the fragrance and does not fly away as a top note after the first sniffers. "Sunshine Woman" is a fragrance for aroma therapy. You have to soak him up and let him in. Here, one gradually discovers some very soft, slightly powdery, almost balsamic floral notes, which never surpass the Cassis chord, but rather underline it. At some point you'll notice some slightly woody and spicy notes, in which the fruit gently rises at the end.

I find no words, how relieved I am that no oriental notes and certainly no oud mix with it. Thus it remains an international fragrance with summery Mediterranean hints. With its very soft, fruity and flowery accents, "Sunshine Woman" is clearly a feminine fragrance that I like to wear as a man. Not so much in public, but rather as a fragrance to feel good at home, if you want to get some of the smells and feelings of summer and the sun into your house during the dreary and dark season of the year.

Despite its soft facets and subtle chords, the fragrance is surprisingly stable with eight to ten hours. His presence unfortunately doesn't go beyond arm length, which is a pity on the one hand, but on the other hand I'm sure that here, too, one would be almost too much.

I always argue with myself why Amouage didn't release an adequate men's version of "Sunshine Woman" for me. On the other hand, I am also happy to help, because I had to struggle my way through sometime and buy this sinfully expensive women's fragrance and so I got the ideal for me feel-good fragrance home. Sun for the soul ...
LaRoseNoir89
Sunny love on the first nose!
I had received Sunshine as a sample and tried it at the next opportunity. What do you want me to say? The first sprayer sat on my skin and already a warm feeling flowed through my body and let me slide into a daydream! With some perfumes I have reached a point quite fast, there the smell becomes too much for me. But here, just beautiful! My little piece of sun for the coming winter season!
SolisOccasum
Yellow tones penetrate the dreary grey
In our village there is a kindergarten almost next to an old church (built in gothic style).
Every morning the little people fall out of their rooms with yelling and screaming and tapper as fast as they carry their little legs to the yard.
This farm has the magical ability to transform itself into anything the little adventurer's heart desires.
A ship on the high seas; a stable for ponies; a spaceship with an alien on board; an oil rig etc.
And from time to time it happens that a little person is in the eagerness of ideas, so in the dream world and is not completely attentive. And then whoops..... i fell down. Hurt!
Then the dreary grey must be caught, embraced and caressed by very understanding educators. And sometimes the pain is wiped away with a magic hand.
The sun shines again in shining eyes and the adventure calls again.
The scent:
Begins with me immediately adventurous with tart creaky tobacco and an even louder currant. (My skin never adheres to the order of heart, base, or top notes)
yes the pirate ship has left and is sailing to Totenkopfinsel.

I smell less liqueur now.
After 5 minutes, however, the fragrance becomes gently creamy, making room for vanilla, and is sweetly enmeshed with jasmine. Pastel-coloured ponies suddenly run across the yellow flowering meadow and throw their heads cheerfully roaring into the air.
After 30 minutes (I guess) the scent changes again, and smells a bit unusual like macadamia nut.
Good ok doesn't say in the pyramid. Anything smells like that.

And then?...
If the fragrance remains so creamy, macadamig almond vanilla jasminig sweet. It doesn't change much anymore.
It lasts pretty long. On the skin from morning 8 to evening 7.
Sillage? Pooh doesn't know. Depending or not? Since I do not spray bath in it only briefly pft, also only briefly clearly perceptible, afterwards only skin-friendly.

Conclusion:
When you fall, the fragrance is the embrace that transforms your dreary grey into brightest light.
A scent for stressed souls, sad minds who want to smile again.
Or for people who like to be happy and cheerful anyway.
Sun in the disco
There's a colorful mix here. From fruity currants, sweet almonds, vanilla, a floral touch, to the base. I like this base on the one hand, which at first smells like a book, one with rough pages, none with smooth and no longer new, but which has been on someone's shelf at home for a long time. On the other hand, the base becomes a bit strenuous. It begins to form a sweet frankincense aroma, which is also found in the Interlude. It's such a strange sweet cloud, like the fog in the disco, which for me always smelled good and bäh in one. It's the same with this fragrance.
I like the head and the heart note best, the base starts to annoy me or gets a little sick of it. Like when I was dancing.
To the sunshine fits the smell, one could imagine that a sunbeam smells so. Warming a book on the sunbed.
The Sillage is rather pleasantly discreet.

Ninchen
Tested with the sun in your heart
The beautiful comments on this fragrance. The name that promises so much happiness. The bottle that will put you in a good mood even when you look at it.
He had been on my watch list for so long, today he stood unexpectedly in front of me in a perfumery.

The sun laughed in my heart, spring fever germinated when I tested it. And then my skin, which might really have its own life, (once again) put a spoke in my wheel.

The first 15 minutes still a really fine, special, not everyday harmonious sweetness. Delicate and seductive and very special! Wow, this will be expensive, my conscience murmurs reproachfully/anxiously ...

But then: MUFFELALARM!!! For two hours. No more, no less. No drumming's gonna help. And also not that the base then fades away again quite pleasantly smoky-vanilla.

In this respect, I wasn't angry that "Sunshine" didn't develop any Sillage worth mentioning for me, either, but rather bobbed up and down.

Very unexpected, but before this sun black, thick clouds have pushed themselves with me. My heart is crushing a little tear. Or, to be positive: saves a lot of money...

And it's still winter.
Leaking Sun Cream
Actually, I only wanted to buy the diptyque candle "Maquis" on Saturday, when my favourite perfumery "Guide me oh thou great redeemer" was drumming at me. All of a sudden I realized: I had gotten into the wedding of Meghan and Harry. The perfumery ladies had stopped working and stuck in front of an I-pad stuck between Sisley lipsticks.
Only one elderly lady I know turned to me: "I have often met Princesse Grace of Monaco in my life," she said, "that was a different league.
Since no one paid attention to us, she stuffed two handfuls of luxury samples with my candle, "for the summer," she said conspiratorially. And Sunshine Women was there several times.
I've always wanted to try that. Would it suit Grace or Meghan more?
And why does it trigger so many emotions?

First of all, Sunshine Woman is an outstandingly handcrafted composition, which first in the second cycle, then in longer, precisely calculated time intervals, always puts a new twist on the parquet. First harmlessly citric-mandelious, then currant-vanilla, then the tobacco crawls out, then the whole thing combines with jasmine, patchouli to an overall picture.
And what's that supposed to mean?

I think it has to do with the dreams of a carefree life and the idea of a holiday paradise. For the cocktail on the Caribbean beach wind in the hair on the cruise ship woman type Sunshine Woman is certainly a revelation. And conjures up exactly this lightness in everyday life.

Since my childhood I have spent the beach days at Cap Ferrat or in Villefranche. During the high season, bathers lubricate themselves with sunscreen so much that streaks often form on the sea water in the afternoon. The united Pampe from Monoi Tahiti oil over L´Oréal to Lancaster on all bodies in my periphery smells rise, which are congruent in the harmony with Sunshine Women - all the more if under the parasol still smokes. In short, Sunshine Woman triggers my beach legs on the spot.

When I wore it on the weekend in the crowded bus in Nice, surrounded by mostly English tourists, it almost made me sick. I thought everyone had to smell it, think about rancid, leaked sunscreen and feel disgusted.
It wasn't like that. It's all just an idea in your head. Like most perfumes. I guess Meghan would look better than Grace. Grace could have worn it on Jamaica in 1955. But who knows?

MasterLi
A perfectly balanced, delicate vanillic floral...
I really love this one. It's a wonderful fragrance which shows a very different and transparent side from Amouage. Usually the house is famous for it's heavy laden, seductive and decadent oriental spices, with emphasis on frankincense and resinous woods. This one is different. Sunshine Woman is a beautifully soft, elegant floral which has osmanthus flower, jasmine, magnolia and tobacco blossom. But not only that, it also has almond, blackberry and vanilla. The white flowers and vanilla work beautifully together, along with the almond. I love it!

I think it is basically unisex, and inoffensive... but it would smell absolutely fantastic on a woman. In fact, I can see this one being a wonderful wedding day perfume, as it is so happy and transparent. Amouage have once again created something very beautiful and delicate here, a great perfume in my opinion, and very well balanced. It's one to try for women in the spring and summer. Really lovely!

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Juicy aromatic currant with floral-spicy tobacco flower and sweet but (because of papyrus and cade) not sticky vanilla.

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Vielen Dank für die lieben Fotobesuche, ich schicke Euch eine große Portion Sonnenschein...:-)
by LaVioletta
by ChatonNoir
Urlaubserinnerung mit Triple Sunshine:-))
by LaVioletta
by Punx13
by Samru
by Samru

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Interlude Black Iris Man by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage