Sunshine Woman 2014

Sunshine Woman by Amouage
Bottle Design Bill Trigger
Sunshine Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery.
Scent goes well with Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesAlmondAlmond
Base Notes Base NotesCanary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper
PatchouliPatchouli
PapyrusPapyrus
Blond tobaccoBlond tobacco

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 28.07.2021.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

Nadiiine
Your radiance brightens my mood
It took over a whole year for us to agree. It's always been good but I didn't know exactly how to feel about blackcurrant liqueur - where it makes you feel so present! And now? I really like it. So you should take the time to test fragrances after all, because now it's beautiful to me. He is so radiant and always causes a good mood. In my environment, it is also great and I had to spray my friends at my last girls meeting - how good that I always have a small atomizer with me. But now to the fragrance itself: As mentioned at the beginning, the black currant liqueur is very strongly perceptible, apricot which probably causes the/ davana, almond, vanilla and also the white tobacco I get. Just the white tobacco gives it something so special. When the bottle arrived I was surprised how beautiful it is, sure I've seen it several times in videos, pictures etc but certain details I didn't recognize there. For example: that it glitters. & can we talk about the magnetic cap for a second? I love it! For me, every bottle should have this. The H+S is great as you might know
SinLaurent
The most honest and hardest judge gives his verdict: "sustained"
There are such people, and then there are "such" people.

It has happened not infrequently that I have left a lasting impression on those around me with my passions. It makes me all the more happy when I see them unleash these passions themselves, run to the nearest department store and get Oud Satin Mood Extrait de Parfum as their first "favorite". Okay, admittedly this surprised even me. But then, there are "such" people.

My dad is one of those.

He barely notices scents. You could almost say that most of the time he would not even notice that you spray water beads worth 19 euros per ml on his skin. On a longer visit times again at home I had of course my whole library with me. But nothing. No reaction. You know when you're almost hoping to get a compliment on your taste? Neither Portrait of a Lady, nor Oud Wood, nor my beloved Tobacco Oud could elicit a reaction. When I do ask, there's usually a shrug of the shoulders and an "okay" whose enthusiasm reaches even lower levels of intensity than I could describe here. However, one day. "What is that perfume?" Jerking to a halt, I turned around, taking a second to catch myself. Could it really be? Could the toughest judge, the most querulous in the fabric of scent enthusiasts take a liking to this perfume?

"I have never smelled such a fragrance. It's the best you've ever had."

Sustained.

Tears flow down the defense's eyes as the verdict opening follows. The scent is unique, very intense, somehow fruity but at the same time gentle. For the otherwise taciturn man.... A big statement. And although he didn't describe the fragrance as I did, I knew exactly what he meant.... Creamy, even melt-in-the-mouth almond mousse, whipped up and sliced vanilla beans baked in it. In the prelude, the slightly "pungent" currant bush, which I like extraordinarily. Watch out, sunshine, here I come! Le soleil c'est moi! And so we shine and shine and shine until the day separates us from the night and the twelve hours have passed. Tenderly the woods nestle against me and let their fragrance fade away, with the hope that tomorrow the sun may kiss my skin one more time.

I would actually share a little secret with you, a hypothesis as it were, about what makes this fragrance so special. But if I were to tell you this, your image would be completely shattered, and I actually really think I might be right. It took me almost 6 months to recognize this scent and the penny finally dropped.... But as I said, some things should not be brought to light....

Sunshine in a bottle
The name that Amouage has given this perfume is simply perfect because wearing this feels like wearing honey-drenched apricot sunshine. Not overly sweet and layered with creamy, vanilla almonds with just a slight tartness from the currants and osmanthus to add depth. Such a uniquely delectable gourmand fragrance that lifts you on those dreary winter/early spring days when you need a little warmth. It is exceptionally long-lasting; I can smell it on my clothes for days and lasts just a well on skin. It has a wonderful and soft sillage, not too overpowering, however, I do find that heat and more than 1 or 2 spays can make it feel a bit cloying so I stick to wearing it on colder days. Otherwise, it's a wonderful fragrance, truly sunshine in a bottle.
Powdery vanilla?
As so often in the past: after the first nose I think - nope. No idea, but for me it changes from the impression zw Cuir Beluga and YSL's Cinema. The Cuir Beluga impression prevails. But I want to be able to decide. And today, after hours (!) of wearing it, I am still very impressed. A pleasant powderiness arrives alongside a soft great vanilla base. And neither Guerlain nor YSL. Powderiness has not even been mentioned here. Nor connection to the two fragrances. ?

So the durability is great. It takes you on a trip. And I love surprises.
LS5
The quick-change artist- A lyrical excursion
Oh you luscious start,
with your luscious fruits,
far too strong for me!

But then, oops, what do I smell?
Almonds, vanilla?
How wonderful!

Why are your fruits so shy all of a sudden?
Ah yes, the tobacco, it's looking quite lustful!

A dance together shall unite you,
takes away each one's strength,
but you needn't weep for it!

For together you seem so much better,
so wonderfully soft,
with sweet laughter.

I will take you now,
always by night,
that's when you're most beautiful,
in your full glory!
Larasu
What smells so yummy in my room? Fucking leaked! Sunshine that was you?
Actually, I was planning to dedicate a different kind of review to this beautiful fragrance. I wanted to go especially on the fact that he reminds me of a fictional character from a certain film. But only later more.

I had already started writing the review yesterday evening, to be more specific. Like probably everyone who writes a review I sprayed the fragrance and then started typing to really have the scent in front of my eyes again. Sunshine I've had for a while ie I would have said until this evening that was more than enough time to get to know it.
The sample I have then probably forgotten in the evening in my bed. Well, what can happen there?
(After spraying I aired again!)

When I woke up in the morning, I also did not notice anything special. Not until I left my room, got some fresh air, and then came back in.
Oh my god, why does it smell like the delicious apple cookies my mom always bakes?
They are always in a half moon shape and filled with apples and cinnamon, dusted with powdered sugar to boot.

The glorious idea that something could have leaked, I did not come. I've never been such a thing but another fragrance sprayed I had this morning also not yet.
Until I then found my beloved sample of Amouage Sunshine on my bed. The cap including the upper part was off and the contents (4 ml) completely empty.
That explains it now at least.
I have to say that even though I've been testing the fragrance for months, I didn't even have that association.

Whether I should test fragrances more often like this? One perceives them suddenly differently. ;)

So right now, as I type these lines, I am sitting on my Amouage Sunshine fragrance bed.

To me, it smelled more like a peach dessert with tobacco beforehand, to say the least.

Then when my brother came in and we talked briefly I said, "wait tell me what you smell" without also giving any more hints.

The first thing he said, "perfume"

Yeah great thanks for the help haha

But then: "Hey it smells like the cookies that mom always makes."
So there it was confirmed again.
How could I not smell that out before!

The one that sticks out for my nose is, especially since something gourmand which goes in the direction of peach or as described above apparently mom's cookies. Of course I do not know all the notes which then means googling! Lo and behold osmanthus which is in Sunshine is supposed to smell like peach! This is joined by the bright tobacco note.
These are really the two notes that stand out for me the most.
On the skin you can smell the tobacco strongly out, in the air I have honestly almost not noticed it at all.

In the beginning, I also did not quite know whether it is with Sunshine and me something, because the tobacco is really present and also maybe a little pungent at the beginning. But the more I tested it, the more I liked it. Perhaps it must also be said that I'm not a smoker and actually hate the smell of it.

Sunshine fits, as a name well somehow the fragrance makes me happy and I schnupperTE ;( like to her, even if I have worn another fragrance.
The durability is top! It lasts and lasts. The sillage is accordingly also super.
Sunshine is really a fragrance that has needed something but now belongs to my absolute favorites :) and I imagine him on late summer evenings beautiful :)!

If you are interested the fragrance I could imagine well on Malèna from the movie: "The magic of Malèna"

The movie is set in the 40s and is about the beautiful Malèna, whose husband had to leave her because of the war.
In the small town they gossip about her and worse as lust is aroused in the men and bitter jealousy in the women. Short and sweet she just wants to be left alone and has a hard time.

There is a very famous scene from the film:
Malèna is walking towards a small café in high heels, wearing a tight black dress. She has cut off her long black hair. They are now red and short. Her lips are also red. She sits down on a chair, puts her cigarette in her mouth and all the men gather around the beautiful Malena and offer her their lighters.

Maybe one or the other knows at least this scene :)
There you have it the scent reminds me of an elegant woman from the 40's smoking and smelling of delicious peach and apple pie.
Thanks for reading!

Love

Lara :)
Alsterbarbie
Where does chamomile come from?!??
Many love this fragrance, almost every perfume YouTuber hypes it, and me? Can't really relate to it. Yes, the Amouage fragrances I've tested all smell very high quality and are very potent in terms of sillage and longevity. And maybe this justifies the high price. However, none of the Amouagedüfte, which I have tested, was in the positive sense an aha experience (which is a shame because the bottles I find super pretty). With Sunshine, I always primarily smell a distinct chamomile note, even though there doesn't seem to be any chamomile in it at all. Where does this note come from, what could be the cause? Unfortunately, I have a camomile block. Ever since I was a child (because of chamomile tea against stomach ache???). I already noticed this note very strongly in "Journey". Have nevertheless tried to give both fragrances a chance over several days and also sprayed them on my skin. Sometimes I have to get used to certain perfumes first, make friends with them. In this case, unfortunately, without success. And that, where the bottle is so beautiful. But the perfume has many fans, so it doesn't need me. I have other stars that I celebrate.
Characterbuilding
When I bought a fragrance 2 (or even 3) years ago at Breuninger, there was a sample of Sunshine. The sometime landed on the wrist and could only convince so mittelgut: Thin almond plörre with somehow shallow Blümchengedöns and so.
Can such a dull, flat fragrance cost so much!
That's a thing!
But something kept me from disposing of the sample, because at some point in the process I thought, hmm, but there's something, something that could be exciting...I don't know what, but I'll put that one aside for sometime later, to the "you're wiggling, you have to give it ALL next time if you want a photo" candidates.
There he stood. For a long time. Very long. And could think about everything and his performance.
And yesterday, out of sheer Lockdown boredom, he tripped over my wrist again.
I don't even want to chat around - he blew me away for a long way!
Wow. What was going on 2 (or even 3) years ago?!
Can the taste / sense of smell change so?
Or is the scent just matured, was the then too fresh?
Had the first time to settle down in his little glass phiölchen?
No idea. But: so what beautiful!!!
Sunbeams in the bottle, warm-vanilla, liqueur, very light Tabac in Lady-liker expression and many layers of "no idea what it is but it smells great", for me perfectly balanced without sweet or heavy to become, and, janz important: It nix nervt!
It just smells incredibly beautiful like summer, sun, I-have-a-photo-for-you.
It's enough to make you clap your hands.
I want that.
End.

Mamue
Sand dunes in the evening light
Last year I was in Oman. Just in time before the first lockdown. Since I had started a little before to deal with fragrances, I was of course also Amouage a term. I had tested a few samples beforehand, but I hadn't really fallen in love with any of the scents. I still remember how I found the Amouage Duty Free Shop on the return flight chic, but could not bring myself to take a bottle back home. Somehow, though, the label hasn't left me. Just because of the beautiful memories of the holidays (since Morocco and Namibia I'm totally into sandy deserts and get melancholic just thinking about it). So I kept on testing. In the meantime, my sense of fragrance has developed further through active tasting and has perhaps become a little more "mature". In any case, today there are some fragrances from Amouage that I really like (Lyric Woman, Epic Woman, Honour Woman), but as the first Amouage Sunshine Woman has found its way into my home.

Sunshine Woman is not a typical Amouage for me. He does not seem oriental, but he is suitable for everyday and office, which is not the worst choice in this Corona time, if you still have work. It wasn't love at first sight. In one of the comments, Sunshine Woman is compared to fermented fruit. I know exactly what is meant and by reading that critical comment, initially that association didn't let me go either. Nevertheless, Sunshine Woman is much more to me. The fragrance becomes soft and powdery at the latest in the transition from the heart to the base note. It radiates warmth and I feel transported to the golden beige sandy desert just before sunset. The fruity notes are perceptible throughout, but always present themselves in a new way. Initially, the light tobacco was more present for me, but now it blends into the overall fragrance picture without any rough edges. Perhaps it is once again the vanilla that makes some fragrances so attractive to me. In any case, Amouage Sunshine is for my olfactory sensation a year-round wearable fragrance, which also just now in winter "sweetens" the gray days.

The bottle is yellow glittery, the magnetic lid is wonderful. I have long considered whether I invest in 100 ml (to my knowledge, there is no 50 ml bottle of this fragrance), but have not regretted it so far. The fragrance stands for me for a modern Oman, which moves away from the usual traditions and clichés.

Summer BlingBling
Amouage has one thing in common: Completely different perfumes on the market that have very different fans. Every Amouage in my collection has its own fan - sometimes there are several - who are completely convinced by the fragrance, while the person is completely unaffected by other Amouage fragrances. My mother loves memoir, an exact affair commented lyric with "that's how beautiful women must smell" and Sunshine - well - received the somewhat questionable compliment: "You smell crassly good after hippie festival and weed!"
There's definitely movement in the perfume. At the beginning it smells sweet, flowery, fruity, goes into the (sunny?) creamy in between, the finish towards smoke and herb comes later and then the other notes don't disappear completely. Since other people seldom experience the entire fragrance process, the reactions are very different. My mother, for example, associates Amouage mainly with Memoir, Epic and Fate and was quite horrified by Sunshine at first sight - it was quite good, but totally flat and boring, just a sweet flower-fruit-mix... Only to ask months later what smells so good. The late scent, the creamy and smoky one, seems to be especially adorable for some people...
My 100ml bottle is already half emptied, I find myself, despite various other beautiful summer scents, at panic-laden bunker buying impulses. For me, it is the greatest summer scent besides Soleil Blanc. But while Soleil Blanc is more of an affogato in a café in Ascona, Sunshine is the whole summer panopticon: sunsets over the city park, cigarettes and vanilla ice cream, self-adulterated schnapps on the Baltic beach, spilling sunscreen at 40° C in the shade on the Sinai, hippie parties in Tel Aviv, cycling and fruitcake in the Mecklenburg Lakeland, overcrowded outdoor swimming pools.
In this Corona summer, the first summer in years that I spent almost exclusively at German holiday resorts, I also imagined that Sunshine would bring a little international flair to my home holiday.

Now summer is over and the beautifully kitschy yellow bottle disappears into one of the back rows of the perfume compartment. But, hah, nice it was again!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 days ago
Almondy opening with blackcurrant. Then scent is sweet, floral, with a dominant vanilla. Slightly powdery. Leaning feminine.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 12 months ago
Smooth creamy fruity/vanilla delight, everything so well blended, the name is perfect, just like a sunshine indeed
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Juicy aromatic currant with floral-spicy tobacco flower and sweet but (because of papyrus and cade) not sticky vanilla.

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
Vielen Dank für die lieben Fotobesuche, ich schicke Euch eine große Portion Sonnenschein...:-)
by LaVioletta
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Entenradio
Urlaubserinnerung mit Triple Sunshine:-))
by LaVioletta
Sunshine in den kleinen Dingen des Lebens
by Voula
Auch Wespen mögen Sunshine. ;-)
by Jumi
by First
by First
by Taamii
by Taamii
Sunshine bringt die Sonne mit. ;-)
by DuftePerla
by Meinesonne85
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage