Sunshine Woman (2014)

Sunshine Woman by Amouage
Bottle Design: Bill Trigger

Sunshine Woman is a popular perfume by Amouage for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Blackcurrant liqueur, Davana
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus, Jasmine, Vanilla, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesPrickly cedar, Patchouli, Papyrus, Blond tobacco

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 01.07.2019

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

SolisOccasum
Yellow tones penetrate the dreary grey
In our village there is a kindergarten almost next to an old church (built in gothic style).
Every morning the little people fall out of their rooms with yelling and screaming and tapper as fast as they carry their little legs to the yard.
This farm has the magical ability to transform itself into anything the little adventurer's heart desires.
A ship on the high seas; a stable for ponies; a spaceship with an alien on board; an oil rig etc.
And from time to time it happens that a little person is in the eagerness of ideas, so in the dream world and is not completely attentive. And then whoops..... i fell down. Hurt!
Then the dreary grey must be caught, embraced and caressed by very understanding educators. And sometimes the pain is wiped away with a magic hand.
The sun shines again in shining eyes and the adventure calls again.
The scent:
Begins with me immediately adventurous with tart creaky tobacco and an even louder currant. (My skin never adheres to the order of heart, base, or top notes)
yes the pirate ship has left and is sailing to Totenkopfinsel.

I smell less liqueur now.
After 5 minutes, however, the fragrance becomes gently creamy, making room for vanilla, and is sweetly enmeshed with jasmine. Pastel-coloured ponies suddenly run across the yellow flowering meadow and throw their heads cheerfully roaring into the air.
After 30 minutes (I guess) the scent changes again, and smells a bit unusual like macadamia nut.
Good ok doesn't say in the pyramid. Anything smells like that.

And then?...
If the fragrance remains so creamy, macadamig almond vanilla jasminig sweet. It doesn't change much anymore.
It lasts pretty long. On the skin from morning 8 to evening 7.
Sillage? Pooh doesn't know. Depending or not? Since I do not spray bath in it only briefly pft, also only briefly clearly perceptible, afterwards only skin-friendly.

Conclusion:
When you fall, the fragrance is the embrace that transforms your dreary grey into brightest light.
A scent for stressed souls, sad minds who want to smile again.
Or for people who like to be happy and cheerful anyway.
10.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

Sun in the disco
There's a colorful mix here. From fruity currants, sweet almonds, vanilla, a floral touch, to the base. I like this base on the one hand, which at first smells like a book, one with rough pages, none with smooth and no longer new, but which has been on someone's shelf at home for a long time. On the other hand, the base becomes a bit strenuous. It begins to form a sweet frankincense aroma, which is also found in the Interlude. It's such a strange sweet cloud, like the fog in the disco, which for me always smelled good and bäh in one. It's the same with this fragrance.
I like the head and the heart note best, the base starts to annoy me or gets a little sick of it. Like when I was dancing.
To the sunshine fits the smell, one could imagine that a sunbeam smells so. Warming a book on the sunbed.
The Sillage is rather pleasantly discreet.

Ninchen
Tested with the sun in your heart
The beautiful comments on this fragrance. The name that promises so much happiness. The bottle that will put you in a good mood even when you look at it.
He had been on my watch list for so long, today he stood unexpectedly in front of me in a perfumery.

The sun laughed in my heart, spring fever germinated when I tested it. And then my skin, which might really have its own life, (once again) put a spoke in my wheel.

The first 15 minutes still a really fine, special, not everyday harmonious sweetness. Delicate and seductive and very special! Wow, this will be expensive, my conscience murmurs reproachfully/anxiously ...

But then: MUFFELALARM!!! For two hours. No more, no less. No drumming's gonna help. And also not that the base then fades away again quite pleasantly smoky-vanilla.

In this respect, I wasn't angry that "Sunshine" didn't develop any Sillage worth mentioning for me, either, but rather bobbed up and down.

Very unexpected, but before this sun black, thick clouds have pushed themselves with me. My heart is crushing a little tear. Or, to be positive: saves a lot of money...

And it's still winter.
10.0 9.0 10.0 5.0/10

Leaking Sun Cream
Actually, I only wanted to buy the diptyque candle "Maquis" on Saturday, when my favourite perfumery "Guide me oh thou great redeemer" was drumming at me. All of a sudden I realized: I had gotten into the wedding of Meghan and Harry. The perfumery ladies had stopped working and stuck in front of an I-pad stuck between Sisley lipsticks.
Only one elderly lady I know turned to me: "I have often met Princesse Grace of Monaco in my life," she said, "that was a different league.
Since no one paid attention to us, she stuffed two handfuls of luxury samples with my candle, "for the summer," she said conspiratorially. And Sunshine Women was there several times.
I've always wanted to try that. Would it suit Grace or Meghan more?
And why does it trigger so many emotions?

First of all, Sunshine Woman is an outstandingly handcrafted composition, which first in the second cycle, then in longer, precisely calculated time intervals, always puts a new twist on the parquet. First harmlessly citric-mandelious, then currant-vanilla, then the tobacco crawls out, then the whole thing combines with jasmine, patchouli to an overall picture.
And what's that supposed to mean?

I think it has to do with the dreams of a carefree life and the idea of a holiday paradise. For the cocktail on the Caribbean beach wind in the hair on the cruise ship woman type Sunshine Woman is certainly a revelation. And conjures up exactly this lightness in everyday life.

Since my childhood I have spent the beach days at Cap Ferrat or in Villefranche. During the high season, bathers lubricate themselves with sunscreen so much that streaks often form on the sea water in the afternoon. The united Pampe from Monoi Tahiti oil over L´Oréal to Lancaster on all bodies in my periphery smells rise, which are congruent in the harmony with Sunshine Women - all the more if under the parasol still smokes. In short, Sunshine Woman triggers my beach legs on the spot.

When I wore it on the weekend in the crowded bus in Nice, surrounded by mostly English tourists, it almost made me sick. I thought everyone had to smell it, think about rancid, leaked sunscreen and feel disgusted.
It wasn't like that. It's all just an idea in your head. Like most perfumes. I guess Meghan would look better than Grace. Grace could have worn it on Jamaica in 1955. But who knows?
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

MasterLi
A perfectly balanced, delicate vanillic floral...
I really love this one. It's a wonderful fragrance which shows a very different and transparent side from Amouage. Usually the house is famous for it's heavy laden, seductive and decadent oriental spices, with emphasis on frankincense and resinous woods. This one is different. Sunshine Woman is a beautifully soft, elegant floral which has osmanthus flower, jasmine, magnolia and tobacco blossom. But not only that, it also has almond, blackberry and vanilla. The white flowers and vanilla work beautifully together, along with the almond. I love it!

I think it is basically unisex, and inoffensive... but it would smell absolutely fantastic on a woman. In fact, I can see this one being a wonderful wedding day perfume, as it is so happy and transparent. Amouage have once again created something very beautiful and delicate here, a great perfume in my opinion, and very well balanced. It's one to try for women in the spring and summer. Really lovely!

Is this the New Journey?
A new perfume from Amouage, the first one in a new collection called Midnight Flower and a new approach .
Please do not expect a typical Amouage scent. Sunshine does not show at all that stuff that’s usually in Amouage signature: frankincense, cypriol, leather, agarwood and oakmoss but it enters into a new territory. It ‘s a“to be continued “ version of Journey, a nice sweet floral fruity fragrance containing a bouquet of white flowers, osmanthus, including some almonds with black currants and vanilla.

On skin shortly after the first half an hour Sunshine becomes linear and that ‘s all you can get, nothing spectacular just a nice behaving perfume. Good longevity, moderate silage but I was expecting more from Amouage…..

Hermesh 4 years ago
Juicy aromatic currant with floral-spicy tobacco flower and sweet but (because of papyrus and cade) not sticky vanilla.+1
10.0

by Punx13
by Samru
by Samru

Popular Amouage

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Reflection Man by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Ciel Woman by Amouage Gold Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Gold Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Fate Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage