Sunshine Man 2015

Sunshine Man by Amouage
Sunshine Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender Orange brandyOrange brandy Everlasting flowerEverlasting flower
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamotBergamot Clary sageClary sage Juniper berryJuniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.05.2022.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

NeroRexNeroRex 2 years ago
DrseidDrseid 7 years ago
Sunshine Man opens with a slightly medicinal smelling combination of moderately sweet lemon, orange and pineapple fruit-laced aromatic lavender before moving to its heart....

Sunshine Man, the summer heat

Sunshine man is truly a fragrance that sends you thinking of the hot, long summer days.

I do not understand the discussions of those who say that in fact this perfume would have been summer if it was aquatic, fresh, maybe woody or fruity. No, it's not like that at all, but it's still a perfect summer scent.

Probably those who consider it a winter perfume... and are not few at all, never had the chance to walk in July, August on a field of sunflower, wheat or full of lavender or dry grass. Imagine a farm, in the summer somewhere in the middle of a field mowed for some time and warmed by the sun. That's what Sunshine man smells like. Like the hot rays of the sun pouring slowly, slowly over the field and the wind, from time to time raising a cloud of dust. Lavender and immortal flowers give that feeling of dusty ground while orange, brandy, vanilla and tonka warm the atmosphere.

A perfume with exceptional performance, typical Amouage with a new presentation, compared to the first launches, I mean here the box that unfolds differently and more suitable in summer and spring maybe even in autumn when it is warmer. Once again Sunshine man is an artistic fragrance, a fragrance that does not transport you to a beach but to the golden fields of Europe during the summer.

Do you know that song from Sting-Fields of Gold?

Summer!!!
A summer gourmand what's not to like.. This gem is boozy with the prefect amount of citrus and freshness to make this a prefect summer gourmand fragrance. The longevity is perfect the blend is prefect for night's out on the town and also is a good scent for clubbing. Why some are afraid of this scent it puzzles me, but the house of Amouage does it again.. very lovely scent..

Sunshine forever
Sunshine is the first Amouage I've really loved so far, and right off the bat. Quite different from much of the offer, although I want to accuse everything else here monotony. Who can halfway do something with sweet fragrances and is looking for something special should give Sunshine a chance.

"Is there cake?" is what I was asked, get it. This is just tonka, and really good tonka at that. This one is already gourmand to me, but it doesn't really smell like something edible to me until the late drydown. Before that, an interesting medicinal lavender, candied orange and green notes accompany the opening, and it lasts a long time. The sunscreen associations are understandable, a mix of these almost synthetic vibes paired with a warming sweetness. After many hours then really almost something like creme brûlée.

As already mentioned: I just love Sunshine, was fascinated after the first test and then repeated this often. This was, by the way, in the depths of winter, for me also anything but a summer fragrance. If summer, then in the evening.
For me more masculine, why that is so I can hardly explain.
Durability and silage are top, strong projection for many hours.
A unique melange, which I have smelled so nowhere else.
Pollita
Like a piece of home for the soul
May and September were always my favorite months of the year. Because there we went to Ibiza. Sometimes for one, sometimes for two weeks. There is hardly a place on earth that I know as well as this island. We were everywhere! We looked at every tiny bay. Every little beach bar we hit when we were regular quad bike riders back in the day. Once we even had the pleasure of enjoying a private boat tour with the hotel manager of our former favorite hotel - sunset included. We made new friends and lost track of each other years later. Discovered new places and missed old ones that suddenly weren't there anymore. But we were always drawn back there. A piece of home. Home - for the soul.

With this fine fragrance of Amouage come with immediate images of our most beautiful Ibiza holidays high. The fragrance may be a little simpler than other perfumes of the house, but it creates one thing immediately: He provides for beautiful holiday memories and a smile.

He starts herbaceous with lavender and immortelle. Lavender is indeed there on the Pityusen definitely not ostensibly cultivated, but rather in Provence, but even there it can smell herbaceous-fresh, one goes a little further away from the particularly touristy regions and travels inland. We did that very often when we had rented a quad bike and also there the obligatory suntan lotion could not be missing of course.

Sunshine Man has a distinct suntan lotion note that joins the herbaceous scents. But one thing is different from the typical sunscreen scents for me, which remind of care products from the nineties: we have in this Amouage fragrance neither jasmine nor ylang-ylang, for me typical, defining notes of a fragrance after sunscreen products. Amouage goes a different route here with an orange note and juniper. This combination is also consistently reminiscent of a fine sunscreen from the nineties, but remains a little rougher and does not become too sweet.

Because of the lavender notes, which I still detect later on, I also find it wonderfully suitable for both sexes. On Mr. Polly, however, I like this holiday flatterer better than on me. I myself don't like to have immortelle directly in my nose, but prefer to sniff the strawflower a bit from a distance. In the base, Sunshine Man finally becomes the perfect sunscreen and holiday scent with vanilla, tonka and woody notes. The tonka bean is not too dominant, which I like extremely well.

Typically for Amouage, the scent is very intense and persistent. Also there we are more with the cock than the chicken. The lady stands, as is well known, usually on more delicate fragrances. But yes, this one is really, really nice. Could be a summer scent for Mr. Polly.

Very many thanks to Gandix for the testing opportunity.
Winter sun / cedar-based sunscreen
Today was a wonderfully sunny winter day. It was -7 °C and the flattened and icy snow reflected the light of the last afternoon sun. I had gone out to get some daylight and exercise despite the Corona routine. I had sat down on a bench by a meadow in a new development in Hamburg and was now watching the children playing with sleds on the meadow. Their parents stood in small groups at the edge of the meadow and talked. I sat in between and enjoyed the hustle and bustle. On my ears I had the new song, which I had discovered the evening before and which produced a breath of spring in me. My thoughts were circling around the future and made me feel hopeful and happy. That's when the scent hit my nose. It crept past my scarf down my neck and enveloped my face in comforting warmth. It produced exactly what the semi-bright winter sun was trying to do to my cheeks. A rush of energy that turned to joy in my body. That was exactly what I needed, what I wanted and hoped for when I applied Sunshine Man before I left the house.

This (true) story hopefully shows the beauty of Sunshine Man to the extent that I intend it to. It is a special scent to me because it was one of the first sneeze scents I smelled. It smelled and smells mostly like sunscreen to me with a pleasant cedar note. Tested it first in the spring and then on and off over the summer. Today was now the right winter day to apply him again.

He develops on my skin quickly and also with the time hardly shows any change. The fragrance is a blast from the start and has an impressive silage. The durability is accordingly. One may almost see it as a shortcoming that the fragrance is so present, but for leisure and especially outdoors, this is not a problem for me. For me, the fragrance still lives on its almost powdery base notes of tonka bean, vanilla and cedar, but there remains this somewhat indefinable residue that makes it smell like sunscreen and has often evoked holiday associations in me as well as those around me. I suspect this effect is due to the composition of the base accords with the clary sage. In any case, the olfactory memory just screams of SUN CREAM, HOLIDAY and BEACH. The contrast between the playfully sweet vanilla/tonka bean and the heavier cedarwood makes the scent interesting and unique, as befits a sneeze scent and the price range.

I will continue to wear the scent especially on sunny days when I want to get my joyful mood out there. In fact, the fragrance is suitable in my opinion for all seasons, although it comes especially to the fore on sunny summer and winter days. In the summer, you should be very careful with the dosage and rather refill, if the fragrance should actually have evaporated because of the heat times (with me, however, he also holds there 8-24h). In winter, the sweetness of the fragrance is captured a little more, so that it is not so fast too penetrating.

All in all, a fragrance for special moments, for leisure and sunny days. Try him out and you will experience it for yourself.

Best Parfumo greetings!
You smell like pastry
So, after I have already rated this fragrance once quite negative, I must definitely correct myself. The other day I got the bottling back in my hands and thought I'd give it more time. I still don't like the top note. It's very herbaceous and kind of medicinal. After about 1/2 hour though, the vanilla comes out really well and the scent becomes relatively sweet. My girlfriend thinks it smells like pastry :-D Others around me don't find it very pleasant either, so it's definitely not for everyone's nose. In the meantime I like it so much that I bought it for 129€ :-D In my opinion it is definitely not a summer scent. It is much too heavy for that. The durability is also really top.

Greetings Andy
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
... It's not warm when she's away

What has not been written about this fragrance. From "as if he oxidizes", to "old man vibes" to "expensive suntan lotion", "Langnese-Capri ice cream" and "stay here you top note". I would now like to make an attempt to classify and evaluate all this a little. For this purpose, I ordered a bottling here in the Souk, because I found the descriptions extremely exciting and could imagine that I could like the fragrance.

Let's start at the back; there is certainly something to each of these comments, with the top note of the fragrance being the most difficult for me. The scent starts off extremely herbaceous smelling like lavender. It should also be noted that this is real and natural lavender scent and not that fabric softener lavender scent that many may have in mind when they think of lavender (I did too at first, by the way). Most likely the start, as already written here, reminds of those lavender laundry bags, which are supposed to keep the laundry fresh (have made bad experience with it, by the way). You have to like this, otherwise the top note can put you off. This is certainly where the "oxidized" comment comes in, as the scent comes across so herbaceous that you'd think the lavender was eating into your skin. Also, the "old man vibes" can be found here, since the fragrance in the top note is most reminiscent of a fougère, which many associate yes with "barbershop" and "grandfather".

But those who persevere will be rewarded. After about 30 minutes, the extreme lavender retreats somewhat and makes room for a certain fruitiness paired with a first sweetness. The herbaceous, ie the lavender remains in the game, but keeps in the background. The result is indeed a scent reminiscent of "suntan lotion", as if you were lying on the beach in Provence with freshly lotioned skin and the lavender field in the background. Here, one could claim that the fragrance is a successful mixture of "Sun" by Jil Sander and, for example, "Beau de Jour". Here I recognize now also the mentioned "Capri ice".

In the drydown, so after about 3 hours, the sweetness is increasingly noticeable and gradually displaces the lavender, even if this never completely disappears. Instead, you can now clearly smell the vanilla and tonka bean out. Through this, the fragrance is certainly a little more pleasing for the majority, but also becomes a little more arbitrary and thus loses something of its specialness.

Overall, it should be noted that this is a very nice, especially varied fragrance, which certainly does not please everyone in the top note. The fragrance also definitely sprays a summer feeling, without being a "Freshie". Many complain that the name is misleading and not suitable for summer; I do not see it that way. It is certainly not suitable for the height of summer in the midday hours (since not fresh-citrusy), but certainly for cooler summer days or gladly also in the evening hours. Imagine you are on vacation, lay all day on the beach, returned to the hotel, freshly showered and would now like to end the evening outside in a small but fine restaurant. For this, there is almost no better fragrance than "Sunshine Man".

In general, the fragrance seems to me very universally applicable, despite, or perhaps because of its complexity. For example, who misses the sun in the deepest, gray November, should apply this fragrance, and you are immediately surrounded by a "sunshine aura" that it opens your heart. Bad mood in February? -Sunshine Man! Anticipation in April for the summer vacation? - "Sunshine Man"! Trip to the ice cream parlor at the end of September to catch the last rays of sunshine? - "Sunshine Man!" Or to paraphrase my headline, ".... It's not warm when she's away".

Longevity and sillage are beyond reproach. Amouage typical the fragrance is not stingy with its charms and should, especially in summer, be dosed carefully. Possibly you should even consider spraying the fragrance an hour earlier, before you go into a crowd.

The bottle (based on my experience of other Amouage bottles), looks classy and high quality. The magnetic lid is white here and as always with the men's bottles in the style of a handle of the Khanjardolches. The painted sun on the front of the flacon captures for me perfectly the essence of the fragrance (of course, together with the perfectly chosen names).

So now to the all-important question - is this fragrance worth it and who should get it. In principle, the fragrance can be worn by anyone, young or old. And even if it is here in principle a classic men's fragrance, I could imagine that women also like this fragrance or can wear, thanks to the drydown. On occasions (see above) it should also not lack.

Whether I will buy my own bottle, I can not yet say. If it is on sale, I will definitely give it some serious thought. And although I really like the fragrance, as is probably evident from my lines, I could imagine that the fragrance quickly becomes too much if you wear it too often; an "always walker" he is for ,me therefore not. And here is also a certain paradox, because the fragrance can also quickly addictive. Freely according to the motto:

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long

NeroRex
Cheers Amouage, a big thumbs up
This scent pushed me to add my review. In my opinion this is excellent. Greenish, even quite strongly gourmandish due to that brandy that is accompanied with a hint of a mix of subtle slightly sweet notes. Lovely. Very tasty. After about an hour I get the marriage of a leaning to cloves like wave with vanilla kicking in. To me that is the result of the ingenious blend of the Tonka beans, the lavender, the immortelle, the cedar and the sage. Topped with the Juniper berries, orange and bergamot. I do want this one. I need to watch out with the hotter days. Make no mistake, although the name is “Sunshine” this scent is definitely not suited for hot weather. Well, meaning the way it performs on me. Very good longevity on my skin. The sillage is heavy indeed so I think twice when I put this one on depending on where I am heading to. Super scent.
GymBuddy
Hedonism from the bottle or the scent of light
How could one explain the light to someone who has never felt the sun? I'd probably give him the smell of Sunshine from Amouage The fragrance radiates an overabundant Apollonian light at all times and as a hedonist knows only lust and joy.
Sunshine is the driver of Apollo's sun car - and next to him there is a free seat, you can jump on and join him on his journey...

So pompous words, so good. I probably can't hide the fact that I'm an Amouage fanboy, nor that my signature fragrance deserves less pompous words.

In the Amouage universe, the fragrance is quite unique: no incense, no leather, no oud, no animalism - wouldn't suit a pure hedonist either.
And despite the fact that classic fragrance antagonists are missing: I never get bored of Sunshine. Fortunately, it is also far away from the currently banal mainstream synthetic sweethearts like everything by Paco Rabanne.

As with all the fragrances from Amouage that I know, the scent develops continuously by presenting the scent actors one after the other - like in a play - and they have their "special moment" in the process.

The opening's gonna be a blast: Langnese-capri ice cream (orange outside, vanilla inside) with an additional orange sweetness contrasted by lavender. In a way, a beach feeling in Provence with an orange-vanilla ice cream in your hand. The top note can be quite addictive I find ...

Even after that the fragrance does not remain a silent treader. The lavender of the top note announces the herbal heart note that follows. After about an hour I can perceive the Muscat Sage as a slightly soapy note - and in this development it often reminds me of the Vintage Kouros (but of course only the Muscat Sage, not all the rest). Unfortunately, I could not yet perceive juniper berry from the mentioned fragrance pyramid.
The orange-vanilla theme of the opening is still present in the heart note, but with more herbs.

Until then Sunshine alone would be worth enough - but: the best is yet to come. The drydown of vanilla, cedar wood and tonka and their interplay is the sexiest scent known to me - even though it does without animalism a la musk, civet or the like. It lasts for days if you like and ends with a slightly vanilla-sweetened cedar
Is that a winter or summer scent now? Difficult. For me it is an evergreen - only with an adjusted dosage, of course. For the Apollonian companion it is also true here that sunshine always works, but if you take too much of it, you can get burned very quickly.

Definitv: you have to try it once and don't miss a drydown after 3 hours.
Insa
Sunset in the lavender field
This is how I perceive this Amouage:

Lavender fields, bergamot & orange peel.
The summeriness of these fragrances is complemented by a pleasant spiciness of Muscat sage.
This spiciness can definitely not be denied, but it does not disturb as much as one might think.
I am also glad that the lavender here is very natural and not intrusive.

It gets a little sweeter as it progresses, but still tart
For my feeling unisex, but definitely has masculine scent characteristics

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
After a sweet and boozy spicy-fruity opening, this warm and dry, oriental spicy-floral Fougère, settles to a smooth spicy-woody base.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
Beautiful lavender, a zesty and boozy orange and a spicy immortelle/cumin. Very aromatic, clean scent. Then, sweet, creamy cedar and vanilla
MrLawmanMrLawman 12 months ago
An aromatic fougere

That doesn't go spicy (like always)

But warm, sweet and vanillic instead

Unique twist but maybe off putting for some
BumpyumaBumpyuma 2 years ago
5.5
I just don't like it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 4 years ago
Overrated af
OPomoneOPomone 7 years ago
Take "Pour Un Homme de Caron".
Replace vanilla with toffee.
You get Sunshine Man.
Unoriginal and definitely overrated/oversweet/overpriced.

Strand, Sonne, Sunshine Man
by Zezick
by Talawa
by Talawa

Popular by Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Reflection 45 by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Homage by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Memoir Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage