Sunshine Man 2015

Sunshine Man by Amouage
Sunshine Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Orange brandy, Everlasting flower
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamot, Clary sage, Juniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.09.2020.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

RickbrRickbr 4 years ago

„A good scent that doesn't fit the house”

Sometimes I feel myself in a complicated situation to write when I am faced with perfumes like Amouage Sunshine Man. If I could review only...
DrseidDrseid 5 years ago

„Solar Eclipse...”

Sunshine Man opens with a slightly medicinal smelling combination of moderately sweet lemon, orange and pineapple fruit-laced aromatic lavender before moving to its heart....
Herbaceous and overly sweet
Have read the many comments here about how the fragrance smells like aromatic sunscreen and summer. So I ordered a sample. I was really looking forward to it. But the first time I sprayed it, I thought, "what does this remind me of?!"... A mixture of Christmas market, herbs and the green Monster energy drink. Absolutely not my thing. You have to say, it really lasts forever, but I personally find the scent absolutely off ????
Greetings Andy

NeroRex
Cheers Amouage, a big thumbs up
This scent pushed me to add my review. In my opinion this is excellent. Greenish, even quite strongly gourmandish due to that brandy that is accompanied with a hint of a mix of subtle slightly sweet notes. Lovely. Very tasty. After about an hour I get the marriage of a leaning to cloves like wave with vanilla kicking in. To me that is the result of the ingenious blend of the Tonka beans, the lavender, the immortelle, the cedar and the sage. Topped with the Juniper berries, orange and bergamot. I do want this one. I need to watch out with the hotter days. Make no mistake, although the name is “Sunshine” this scent is definitely not suited for hot weather. Well, meaning the way it performs on me. Very good longevity on my skin. The sillage is heavy indeed so I think twice when I put this one on depending on where I am heading to. Super scent.
GymBuddy
Hedonism from the bottle or the scent of light
How could one explain the light to someone who has never felt the sun? I'd probably give him the smell of Sunshine from Amouage The fragrance radiates an overabundant Apollonian light at all times and as a hedonist knows only lust and joy.
Sunshine is the driver of Apollo's sun car - and next to him there is a free seat, you can jump on and join him on his journey...

So pompous words, so good. I probably can't hide the fact that I'm an Amouage fanboy, nor that my signature fragrance deserves less pompous words.

In the Amouage universe, the fragrance is quite unique: no incense, no leather, no oud, no animalism - wouldn't suit a pure hedonist either.
And despite the fact that classic fragrance antagonists are missing: I never get bored of Sunshine. Fortunately, it is also far away from the currently banal mainstream synthetic sweethearts like everything by Paco Rabanne.

As with all the fragrances from Amouage that I know, the scent develops continuously by presenting the scent actors one after the other - like in a play - and they have their "special moment" in the process.

The opening's gonna be a blast: Langnese-capri ice cream (orange outside, vanilla inside) with an additional orange sweetness contrasted by lavender. In a way, a beach feeling in Provence with an orange-vanilla ice cream in your hand. The top note can be quite addictive I find ...

Even after that the fragrance does not remain a silent treader. The lavender of the top note announces the herbal heart note that follows. After about an hour I can perceive the Muscat Sage as a slightly soapy note - and in this development it often reminds me of the Vintage Kouros (but of course only the Muscat Sage, not all the rest). Unfortunately, I could not yet perceive juniper berry from the mentioned fragrance pyramid.
The orange-vanilla theme of the opening is still present in the heart note, but with more herbs.

Until then Sunshine alone would be worth enough - but: the best is yet to come. The drydown of vanilla, cedar wood and tonka and their interplay is the sexiest scent known to me - even though it does without animalism a la musk, civet or the like. It lasts for days if you like and ends with a slightly vanilla-sweetened cedar
Is that a winter or summer scent now? Difficult. For me it is an evergreen - only with an adjusted dosage, of course. For the Apollonian companion it is also true here that sunshine always works, but if you take too much of it, you can get burned very quickly.

Definitv: you have to try it once and don't miss a drydown after 3 hours.
Insa
Sunset in the lavender field
This is how I perceive this Amouage:

Lavender fields, bergamot & orange peel.
The summeriness of these fragrances is complemented by a pleasant spiciness of Muscat sage.
This spiciness can definitely not be denied, but it does not disturb as much as one might think.
I am also glad that the lavender here is very natural and not intrusive.

It gets a little sweeter as it progresses, but still tart
For my feeling unisex, but definitely has masculine scent characteristics
Beach holiday in the early 90s
Jo, let's go to one of my favorite scent houses: Amouage. But before I start the scent, allow me to take you on a short trip through time. You want to know where we're going? You'll see!
We are landing in the early 90s, a time that can be said to have been the best time. A time when the stupid smartphone hasn't yet turned people into virtual zombies. But, enough of the hate, let's get on with the good things in life: Perfume. Not only am I taking you back to the 90's, but we're going to a special place that you all know. And do you know it already? That's right, a sandy beach in Denmark. Which one is not of vital importance. Why Denmark? Well, because it is/was one of the main travel destinations of the Germans and most of the German citizens have already spent their holidays there. Moreover, my scent memory refers to that very place. So, follow me further. Now imagine how the setting around you opens up. You see children playing, wet towels, dunes as bright as snow, couples walking hand in hand along the beach, seagulls trying to steal your food and multicoloured swimwear. The sun is at its zenith and the air is warm. It's so warm, you feel like the air could be cut.

In addition to these purely visual impressions, every place also has an odour that identifies and describes it. What does it smell like here? Well, what do you smell? Exactly, it smells like salty sea water, sand, warm wood, shells, algae and above all it smells like sun cream! Can you literally smell it, the cream?
When I hear the word sunscreen I have to flip and take you back to the year 2020, I know you would have loved to stay there, but the next holiday can certainly be booked again soon. So we are back in the here and now and with the great scent I am now beginning to describe. The sun cream acts as a suitable transition, as that Amouage simply smells like sun cream. A very high-quality one, mind you. One in which sweet lavender plays an important role. A cream that does not necessarily have to correspond to today's cream zeitgeist. Nevertheless, this fragrance manages to transport us into a setting in which we have numerous pictures - like the one of me - before our eyes. "Sunshine Man" therefore lives up to its name and perfectly fits the theme. It is nevertheless difficult to smell the individual ingredients perfectly, for me lavender, vanilla and orange brandy dominate. The result is a discreetly sweet, floral and slightly fresh spring or summer scent. One of those fragrances that immediately bring back memories and are timelessly beautiful. So if you like to go to summery places (mentally) and take a vacation from the couch, you should try this one.

Amouage typical you get something for your money, especially in terms of durability and sillage. The perfume lasts a good 12 hours and the silage is enormous for at least 8 hours. So be careful with the dosage! Also typical for this fragrance stable is the never linear fragrance progression. So you can clearly distinguish between different stages of fragrance development, until you finally get to a delicate drydown, where the cedar plays a role.

Unfortunately also typical for Amouage fragrances - at least for me - is the fact that they are annoying because of their often very own character. Best example for this: Reflection Man. There is no fragrance house from which I buy and sell fragrances faster. I'm sure I've possessed all my loved ones twice before :D And so it is with this one, too. At some point the sweet lavender note just got on my nerves because it was too pushy and biting. That was the end of my beach setting, because I only felt unpleasant sweetness. I also have to say that in midsummer it is simply too heavy and the surroundings quickly get on your nerves if you apply too much. I would like him better if he would drift a little bit more into the fresh and the sweetness is reduced a little bit.

Nevertheless, Sunshine Man is a complex, high-quality, long-lasting and unique fragrance for him and her (yes, it is unisex), which is available now and then at acceptable prices (100ml for 120 Euro). So it is worthwhile to browse the internet.

I thank you for going on a dream journey with me, have a nice evening! Bene
DerDefcon
Stay here, you head note!
"Sunshine Man" is an extremely potent, olfactory sun ray that can cause olfactory sunburn or even sunstroke in the nose if oversprayed. Caution is therefore advised here - almost typical for an Amouage. And no ... just like with "Lyric Man", I won't concentrate on a batch or production site discussion here either. I just want to mention that.

"Sunshine Man" is a very sweet and above all very dense scent, which I honestly cannot and do not want to imagine on my skin in the middle of summer. A certain freshness could be fantasized because of its light-sweet, flowery character, but if you shake your head to get rid of this fantasy, you have to realize objectively that there is nothing fresh here - sweet indeed, flowery as well, but just not fresh. I just want to mention this, without attacking anyone for his/her opinion, because not very few people here say on Parfumo that this fragrance is also something for the summer - at least that's what the circle diagram belonging to the "Sunshine Man" shows, which visualizes the suitability of a fragrance according to the season. My opinion is just a different one. But plurality of opinions enlivens this forum, which is why it's great, isn't it?
So we have already established that "Sunshine Man" is sweet and dense. But what kind of sweetness is that exactly?

It is a vanilla and therefore very creamy sweetness, which is underlaid with a subtle powdery texture, probably caused by the tonka bean and the lavender. Something alcoholic swings and sloshes along here as well. The orange brandy is not to be over-smell and sprays an orange-like fruity, alcoholic note, which is quite dense, but not as palatable as rum or whiskey. And yes, of course the alcoholic note is sweet here, too, but that is probably normal. After all, it's not gin (by the way, I think it would have been very interesting in this fragrance).
In the end, a creamy, vanilla, only slightly powdery, orange-like, alcoholic, extremely dense conglomerate of scents emerges, which I find hardly tolerable for the warm days when the thermometer exceeds 25 degrees.

Oh, well... before I forget it:

My title may be a mystery to some people right now. Well, I'll solve it.

I chose the title "Stay here, you head note" because that one, consisting of lavender, orange brandy and strawflower, represents the phase of the fragrance process that I like most. And I haven't written anything about this phase, the prelude. Let me catch up on this quickly.

When sprayed on the skin, I am greeted by a lavender note, which sometimes does not evoke any fougère or barbershop associations in me. This lavender is not too herbaceous, not particularly spicy and therefore not trimmed to "Look at me, I am male! The statement is provocative, I know. It's much more of a sweet - not too sweet - lavender, which in fact, as long as it stands on its own, comes out very fresh. The orange brandy gives the lavender sweetness something beautifully fruity, but also takes away its freshness, which makes it unsuitable for summer. Nevertheless I like the start. The strawflower, which exudes a hay-like aroma, is probably responsible for giving the sweet lavender soaked in the brandy a few spicy floral edges, which are the northern edge of the sweetness. In the beginning I notice its influence, but this changes after a while, as soon as the heavy vanilla and tonka bean are added and our perfumer takes a good sip of orange brandy - for his perfume of course - to drown the lavender freshness in all this, not in a catastrophic way, so that the composition would drift completely into the unacceptable, but still in such a way that I can only imagine the use of this "water" - what an understatement - in mild spring at the very most. Unfortunately, the vanilla, but also the alcoholic addition was meant a little too well. The dosage of both components was simply too generous, which wastes a lot of potential, which is why, in my opinion, the product name has something grotesque about it, because when I think of "Sunshine" I think mainly of something fresh, light, maritime
Winter sun
Sunshine Man inspires most of the perfumes here to associations with beach and summer evenings. But for me it is the perfect winter scent. Sun, yes of course, but preferably in the morning in the freezing cold. Why? Cold temperatures really bring out the genius of this fragrance mixture.

Sunshine Man is a modern interpretation of the classic lavender-vanilla combination in the style of Caron pour un Homme and Chopard Heaven. Walk towards Serge Lutens Gris Claire, and then keep walking. The lavender here has a more herbaceous scent, probably due to the sage and strawflower. The orange liqueur completely replaces the vanilla in the beginning. Only in the course of time (i.e. in the office 4-5 hours later) the vanilla aspect is added, but wood, juniper berry, and tonka bean, I suppose, colour the vanilla bitterly. However, all these aspects are mixed in such a way that my perception always hangs in the balance: lavender herb, orange herb liqueur, vanilla wood. A real masterpiece, in my opinion
I love to ride my bike to the train station in the cold with this scent around my nose and wait on the platform for the train. The usual delays do not bother me then. This herbaceous interplay between lavender and orange liqueur during the first hours is simply fantastic. At warm temperatures, the lavender herbaceous aspect recedes somewhat, the vanilla-sweetish aspects come out a little. It is now mid-February, the day before yesterday it was 16 degrees in Cologne. It seems that the summer faction could enjoy the Sunshine Man with its sweeter aspects for a long time this year. But I hope for a few more cold weeks at the end of February and beginning of March. If these do not occur, you will have to wait, and you will not be able to experience the herbaceous, orange-sweetened magic until a frosty sunny day in the coming winter

great fresh perfume
Great fresh perfume niche quality but not very long lasting/ price quality in the middle, if you manage to buy it at decent price go for it its unique creation.... but if u preffer heavy stuff go with lyric man ....or interlude...
It's a sunny day!
Oh, wow, I'm charmed. The brandy seems to be served with orange peel on the beach from where? Palma de Mallorca maybe? That's a good one! Can you pour this on your shirt? Sure, I dare you. No sooner said than done
Now the brandy is nice and creamy with a good portion of lavender and sage. How many sprinklers are you supposed to use? It is indeed addictive as soon as the pretentious top note disappears and the tonka bean unfolds with the vanilla. The crowning glory seems to be the orange brandy, which lingers until the base without weakening. The durability is above average and so is the Sillage. The bottle looks beautiful but I like the design in general
Sunshine a la Playa
The perfume is a heavyweight with namely 728 g (packaging + bottle + 100% content + foil + seal).
This is the 100 ml bottle. The package is bigger and wider than the other Amouage packages I own, but shallower in depth.

The first minute: sun, sweetness that matches the sun, creaminess that matches. Orange brandy. It doesn't quite fit my nose, but it's weakened by the sweetness so it's acceptable. And we're only at the top note. Yes, lavender and orange-brandy and the sweetness, which, like Interlude Man, although differently developed, fits perfectly to the fragrance itself and gives the whole a Uniqueness.

Minute 5: Lavender weakens a bit, Orange Brandy dominates and I like it better now. Slowly the sage creeps in. I still miss bergamot. Let's see when that starts. Funny, bergamot is in many perfumes in the top note and immediately recognizable.

BTW, the packaging is slightly different from Interlude Man or Lyric Man. The bottle is completely in the packaging, so there is no base in which the bottle sits with 2/6 of the height and where you have to lift the lid to get to the bottle. Here the bottle is completely inside the packaging and is very easy to remove without running the risk of the bottle falling over.

3 hours later: Lavender and Orange Brandy have abdicated. I still don't smell bergamot.
The creamy portion is still there. Woods are perceptible, but do not dominate. I totally miss juniper berries. Let's see if it still comes.

5 hours later: Tonka bean and vanilla have now come to the fore. Nothing's bothering here anymore.

9 hours later: Still creamy with tonka bean and vanilla.

Conclusion: Initially it takes a little getting used to, but very nice unfolding fragrance with long shelf life.
Thanks Amouage for a nice summer dream.

BumpyumaBumpyuma 8 months ago
I just don't like it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Overrated af
LexaLexa 4 years ago
I've tested all the Amouages for men,and all of them are beautiful.I'd say better than the ladies ones.But Sunshine smells of car freshener
OPomoneOPomone 5 years ago
Take "Pour Un Homme de Caron".
Replace vanilla with toffee.
You get Sunshine Man.
Unoriginal and definitely overrated/oversweet/overpriced.

Strand, Sonne, Sunshine Man
by DanyPereyra
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage