Sunshine Man 2015

Sunshine Man by Amouage
Sunshine Man is a popular perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender
Juniper berryJuniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.07.2021.

The scent is part of the „The Midnight Flower“ collection.

RickbrRickbr 5 years ago

„A good scent that doesn't fit the house”

Sometimes I feel myself in a complicated situation to write when I am faced with perfumes like Amouage Sunshine Man. If I could review only...
DrseidDrseid 6 years ago

„Solar Eclipse...”

Sunshine Man opens with a slightly medicinal smelling combination of moderately sweet lemon, orange and pineapple fruit-laced aromatic lavender before moving to its heart....
Pollita
Like a piece of home for the soul
May and September were always my favorite months of the year. Because there we went to Ibiza. Sometimes for one, sometimes for two weeks. There is hardly a place on earth that I know as well as this island. We were everywhere! We looked at every tiny bay. Every little beach bar we hit when we were regular quad bike riders back in the day. Once we even had the pleasure of enjoying a private boat tour with the hotel manager of our former favorite hotel - sunset included. We made new friends and lost track of each other years later. Discovered new places and missed old ones that suddenly weren't there anymore. But we were always drawn back there. A piece of home. Home - for the soul.

With this fine fragrance of Amouage come with immediate images of our most beautiful Ibiza holidays high. The fragrance may be a little simpler than other perfumes of the house, but it creates one thing immediately: He provides for beautiful holiday memories and a smile.

He starts herbaceous with lavender and immortelle. Lavender is indeed there on the Pityusen definitely not ostensibly cultivated, but rather in Provence, but even there it can smell herbaceous-fresh, one goes a little further away from the particularly touristy regions and travels inland. We did that very often when we had rented a quad bike and also there the obligatory suntan lotion could not be missing of course.

Sunshine Man has a distinct suntan lotion note that joins the herbaceous scents. But one thing is different from the typical sunscreen scents for me, which remind of care products from the nineties: we have in this Amouage fragrance neither jasmine nor ylang-ylang, for me typical, defining notes of a fragrance after sunscreen products. Amouage goes a different route here with an orange note and juniper. This combination is also consistently reminiscent of a fine sunscreen from the nineties, but remains a little rougher and does not become too sweet.

Because of the lavender notes, which I still detect later on, I also find it wonderfully suitable for both sexes. On Mr. Polly, however, I like this holiday flatterer better than on me. I myself don't like to have immortelle directly in my nose, but prefer to sniff the strawflower a bit from a distance. In the base, Sunshine Man finally becomes the perfect sunscreen and holiday scent with vanilla, tonka and woody notes. The tonka bean is not too dominant, which I like extremely well.

Typically for Amouage, the scent is very intense and persistent. Also there we are more with the cock than the chicken. The lady stands, as is well known, usually on more delicate fragrances. But yes, this one is really, really nice. Could be a summer scent for Mr. Polly.

Very many thanks to Gandix for the testing opportunity.
Winter sun / cedar-based sunscreen
Today was a wonderfully sunny winter day. It was -7 °C and the flattened and icy snow reflected the light of the last afternoon sun. I had gone out to get some daylight and exercise despite the Corona routine. I had sat down on a bench by a meadow in a new development in Hamburg and was now watching the children playing with sleds on the meadow. Their parents stood in small groups at the edge of the meadow and talked. I sat in between and enjoyed the hustle and bustle. On my ears I had the new song, which I had discovered the evening before and which produced a breath of spring in me. My thoughts were circling around the future and made me feel hopeful and happy. That's when the scent hit my nose. It crept past my scarf down my neck and enveloped my face in comforting warmth. It produced exactly what the semi-bright winter sun was trying to do to my cheeks. A rush of energy that turned to joy in my body. That was exactly what I needed, what I wanted and hoped for when I applied Sunshine Man before I left the house.

This (true) story hopefully shows the beauty of Sunshine Man to the extent that I intend it to. It is a special scent to me because it was one of the first sneeze scents I smelled. It smelled and smells mostly like sunscreen to me with a pleasant cedar note. Tested it first in the spring and then on and off over the summer. Today was now the right winter day to apply him again.

He develops on my skin quickly and also with the time hardly shows any change. The fragrance is a blast from the start and has an impressive silage. The durability is accordingly. One may almost see it as a shortcoming that the fragrance is so present, but for leisure and especially outdoors, this is not a problem for me. For me, the fragrance still lives on its almost powdery base notes of tonka bean, vanilla and cedar, but there remains this somewhat indefinable residue that makes it smell like sunscreen and has often evoked holiday associations in me as well as those around me. I suspect this effect is due to the composition of the base accords with the clary sage. In any case, the olfactory memory just screams of SUN CREAM, HOLIDAY and BEACH. The contrast between the playfully sweet vanilla/tonka bean and the heavier cedarwood makes the scent interesting and unique, as befits a sneeze scent and the price range.

I will continue to wear the scent especially on sunny days when I want to get my joyful mood out there. In fact, the fragrance is suitable in my opinion for all seasons, although it comes especially to the fore on sunny summer and winter days. In the summer, you should be very careful with the dosage and rather refill, if the fragrance should actually have evaporated because of the heat times (with me, however, he also holds there 8-24h). In winter, the sweetness of the fragrance is captured a little more, so that it is not so fast too penetrating.

All in all, a fragrance for special moments, for leisure and sunny days. Try him out and you will experience it for yourself.

Best Parfumo greetings!
You smell like pastry
So, after I have already rated this fragrance once quite negative, I must definitely correct myself. The other day I got the bottling back in my hands and thought I'd give it more time. I still don't like the top note. It's very herbaceous and kind of medicinal. After about 1/2 hour though, the vanilla comes out really well and the scent becomes relatively sweet. My girlfriend thinks it smells like pastry :-D Others around me don't find it very pleasant either, so it's definitely not for everyone's nose. In the meantime I like it so much that I bought it for 129€ :-D In my opinion it is definitely not a summer scent. It is much too heavy for that. The durability is also really top.

Greetings Andy
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
... It's not warm when she's away

What has not been written about this fragrance. From "as if he oxidizes", to "old man vibes" to "expensive suntan lotion", "Langnese-Capri ice cream" and "stay here you top note". I would now like to make an attempt to classify and evaluate all this a little. For this purpose, I ordered a bottling here in the Souk, because I found the descriptions extremely exciting and could imagine that I could like the fragrance.

Let's start at the back; there is certainly something to each of these comments, with the top note of the fragrance being the most difficult for me. The scent starts off extremely herbaceous smelling like lavender. It should also be noted that this is real and natural lavender scent and not that fabric softener lavender scent that many may have in mind when they think of lavender (I did too at first, by the way). Most likely the start, as already written here, reminds of those lavender laundry bags, which are supposed to keep the laundry fresh (have made bad experience with it, by the way). You have to like this, otherwise the top note can put you off. This is certainly where the "oxidized" comment comes in, as the scent comes across so herbaceous that you'd think the lavender was eating into your skin. Also, the "old man vibes" can be found here, since the fragrance in the top note is most reminiscent of a fougère, which many associate yes with "barbershop" and "grandfather".

But those who persevere will be rewarded. After about 30 minutes, the extreme lavender retreats somewhat and makes room for a certain fruitiness paired with a first sweetness. The herbaceous, ie the lavender remains in the game, but keeps in the background. The result is indeed a scent reminiscent of "suntan lotion", as if you were lying on the beach in Provence with freshly lotioned skin and the lavender field in the background. Here, one could claim that the fragrance is a successful mixture of "Sun" by Jil Sander and, for example, "Beau de Jour". Here I recognize now also the mentioned "Capri ice".

In the drydown, so after about 3 hours, the sweetness is increasingly noticeable and gradually displaces the lavender, even if this never completely disappears. Instead, you can now clearly smell the vanilla and tonka bean out. Through this, the fragrance is certainly a little more pleasing for the majority, but also becomes a little more arbitrary and thus loses something of its specialness.

Overall, it should be noted that this is a very nice, especially varied fragrance, which certainly does not please everyone in the top note. The fragrance also definitely sprays a summer feeling, without being a "Freshie". Many complain that the name is misleading and not suitable for summer; I do not see it that way. It is certainly not suitable for the height of summer in the midday hours (since not fresh-citrusy), but certainly for cooler summer days or gladly also in the evening hours. Imagine you are on vacation, lay all day on the beach, returned to the hotel, freshly showered and would now like to end the evening outside in a small but fine restaurant. For this, there is almost no better fragrance than "Sunshine Man".

In general, the fragrance seems to me very universally applicable, despite, or perhaps because of its complexity. For example, who misses the sun in the deepest, gray November, should apply this fragrance, and you are immediately surrounded by a "sunshine aura" that it opens your heart. Bad mood in February? -Sunshine Man! Anticipation in April for the summer vacation? - "Sunshine Man"! Trip to the ice cream parlor at the end of September to catch the last rays of sunshine? - "Sunshine Man!" Or to paraphrase my headline, ".... It's not warm when she's away".

Longevity and sillage are beyond reproach. Amouage typical the fragrance is not stingy with its charms and should, especially in summer, be dosed carefully. Possibly you should even consider spraying the fragrance an hour earlier, before you go into a crowd.

The bottle (based on my experience of other Amouage bottles), looks classy and high quality. The magnetic lid is white here and as always with the men's bottles in the style of a handle of the Khanjardolches. The painted sun on the front of the flacon captures for me perfectly the essence of the fragrance (of course, together with the perfectly chosen names).

So now to the all-important question - is this fragrance worth it and who should get it. In principle, the fragrance can be worn by anyone, young or old. And even if it is here in principle a classic men's fragrance, I could imagine that women also like this fragrance or can wear, thanks to the drydown. On occasions (see above) it should also not lack.

Whether I will buy my own bottle, I can not yet say. If it is on sale, I will definitely give it some serious thought. And although I really like the fragrance, as is probably evident from my lines, I could imagine that the fragrance quickly becomes too much if you wear it too often; an "always walker" he is for ,me therefore not. And here is also a certain paradox, because the fragrance can also quickly addictive. Freely according to the motto:

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long

NeroRex
Cheers Amouage, a big thumbs up
This scent pushed me to add my review. In my opinion this is excellent. Greenish, even quite strongly gourmandish due to that brandy that is accompanied with a hint of a mix of subtle slightly sweet notes. Lovely. Very tasty. After about an hour I get the marriage of a leaning to cloves like wave with vanilla kicking in. To me that is the result of the ingenious blend of the Tonka beans, the lavender, the immortelle, the cedar and the sage. Topped with the Juniper berries, orange and bergamot. I do want this one. I need to watch out with the hotter days. Make no mistake, although the name is “Sunshine” this scent is definitely not suited for hot weather. Well, meaning the way it performs on me. Very good longevity on my skin. The sillage is heavy indeed so I think twice when I put this one on depending on where I am heading to. Super scent.
GymBuddy
Hedonism from the bottle or the scent of light
How could one explain the light to someone who has never felt the sun? I'd probably give him the smell of Sunshine from Amouage The fragrance radiates an overabundant Apollonian light at all times and as a hedonist knows only lust and joy.
Sunshine is the driver of Apollo's sun car - and next to him there is a free seat, you can jump on and join him on his journey...

So pompous words, so good. I probably can't hide the fact that I'm an Amouage fanboy, nor that my signature fragrance deserves less pompous words.

In the Amouage universe, the fragrance is quite unique: no incense, no leather, no oud, no animalism - wouldn't suit a pure hedonist either.
And despite the fact that classic fragrance antagonists are missing: I never get bored of Sunshine. Fortunately, it is also far away from the currently banal mainstream synthetic sweethearts like everything by Paco Rabanne.

As with all the fragrances from Amouage that I know, the scent develops continuously by presenting the scent actors one after the other - like in a play - and they have their "special moment" in the process.

The opening's gonna be a blast: Langnese-capri ice cream (orange outside, vanilla inside) with an additional orange sweetness contrasted by lavender. In a way, a beach feeling in Provence with an orange-vanilla ice cream in your hand. The top note can be quite addictive I find ...

Even after that the fragrance does not remain a silent treader. The lavender of the top note announces the herbal heart note that follows. After about an hour I can perceive the Muscat Sage as a slightly soapy note - and in this development it often reminds me of the Vintage Kouros (but of course only the Muscat Sage, not all the rest). Unfortunately, I could not yet perceive juniper berry from the mentioned fragrance pyramid.
The orange-vanilla theme of the opening is still present in the heart note, but with more herbs.

Until then Sunshine alone would be worth enough - but: the best is yet to come. The drydown of vanilla, cedar wood and tonka and their interplay is the sexiest scent known to me - even though it does without animalism a la musk, civet or the like. It lasts for days if you like and ends with a slightly vanilla-sweetened cedar
Is that a winter or summer scent now? Difficult. For me it is an evergreen - only with an adjusted dosage, of course. For the Apollonian companion it is also true here that sunshine always works, but if you take too much of it, you can get burned very quickly.

Definitv: you have to try it once and don't miss a drydown after 3 hours.
Insa
Sunset in the lavender field
This is how I perceive this Amouage:

Lavender fields, bergamot & orange peel.
The summeriness of these fragrances is complemented by a pleasant spiciness of Muscat sage.
This spiciness can definitely not be denied, but it does not disturb as much as one might think.
I am also glad that the lavender here is very natural and not intrusive.

It gets a little sweeter as it progresses, but still tart
For my feeling unisex, but definitely has masculine scent characteristics
Beach holiday in the early 90s
Jo, let's go to one of my favorite scent houses: Amouage. But before I start the scent, allow me to take you on a short trip through time. You want to know where we're going? You'll see!
We are landing in the early 90s, a time that can be said to have been the best time. A time when the stupid smartphone hasn't yet turned people into virtual zombies. But, enough of the hate, let's get on with the good things in life: Perfume. Not only am I taking you back to the 90's, but we're going to a special place that you all know. And do you know it already? That's right, a sandy beach in Denmark. Which one is not of vital importance. Why Denmark? Well, because it is/was one of the main travel destinations of the Germans and most of the German citizens have already spent their holidays there. Moreover, my scent memory refers to that very place. So, follow me further. Now imagine how the setting around you opens up. You see children playing, wet towels, dunes as bright as snow, couples walking hand in hand along the beach, seagulls trying to steal your food and multicoloured swimwear. The sun is at its zenith and the air is warm. It's so warm, you feel like the air could be cut.

In addition to these purely visual impressions, every place also has an odour that identifies and describes it. What does it smell like here? Well, what do you smell? Exactly, it smells like salty sea water, sand, warm wood, shells, algae and above all it smells like sun cream! Can you literally smell it, the cream?
When I hear the word sunscreen I have to flip and take you back to the year 2020, I know you would have loved to stay there, but the next holiday can certainly be booked again soon. So we are back in the here and now and with the great scent I am now beginning to describe. The sun cream acts as a suitable transition, as that Amouage simply smells like sun cream. A very high-quality one, mind you. One in which sweet lavender plays an important role. A cream that does not necessarily have to correspond to today's cream zeitgeist. Nevertheless, this fragrance manages to transport us into a setting in which we have numerous pictures - like the one of me - before our eyes. "Sunshine Man" therefore lives up to its name and perfectly fits the theme. It is nevertheless difficult to smell the individual ingredients perfectly, for me lavender, vanilla and orange brandy dominate. The result is a discreetly sweet, floral and slightly fresh spring or summer scent. One of those fragrances that immediately bring back memories and are timelessly beautiful. So if you like to go to summery places (mentally) and take a vacation from the couch, you should try this one.

Amouage typical you get something for your money, especially in terms of durability and sillage. The perfume lasts a good 12 hours and the silage is enormous for at least 8 hours. So be careful with the dosage! Also typical for this fragrance stable is the never linear fragrance progression. So you can clearly distinguish between different stages of fragrance development, until you finally get to a delicate drydown, where the cedar plays a role.

Unfortunately also typical for Amouage fragrances - at least for me - is the fact that they are annoying because of their often very own character. Best example for this: Reflection Man. There is no fragrance house from which I buy and sell fragrances faster. I'm sure I've possessed all my loved ones twice before :D And so it is with this one, too. At some point the sweet lavender note just got on my nerves because it was too pushy and biting. That was the end of my beach setting, because I only felt unpleasant sweetness. I also have to say that in midsummer it is simply too heavy and the surroundings quickly get on your nerves if you apply too much. I would like him better if he would drift a little bit more into the fresh and the sweetness is reduced a little bit.

Nevertheless, Sunshine Man is a complex, high-quality, long-lasting and unique fragrance for him and her (yes, it is unisex), which is available now and then at acceptable prices (100ml for 120 Euro). So it is worthwhile to browse the internet.

I thank you for going on a dream journey with me, have a nice evening! Bene
Winter sun
Sunshine Man inspires most of the perfumes here to associations with beach and summer evenings. But for me it is the perfect winter scent. Sun, yes of course, but preferably in the morning in the freezing cold. Why? Cold temperatures really bring out the genius of this fragrance mixture.

Sunshine Man is a modern interpretation of the classic lavender-vanilla combination in the style of Caron pour un Homme and Chopard Heaven. Walk towards Serge Lutens Gris Claire, and then keep walking. The lavender here has a more herbaceous scent, probably due to the sage and strawflower. The orange liqueur completely replaces the vanilla in the beginning. Only in the course of time (i.e. in the office 4-5 hours later) the vanilla aspect is added, but wood, juniper berry, and tonka bean, I suppose, colour the vanilla bitterly. However, all these aspects are mixed in such a way that my perception always hangs in the balance: lavender herb, orange herb liqueur, vanilla wood. A real masterpiece, in my opinion
I love to ride my bike to the train station in the cold with this scent around my nose and wait on the platform for the train. The usual delays do not bother me then. This herbaceous interplay between lavender and orange liqueur during the first hours is simply fantastic. At warm temperatures, the lavender herbaceous aspect recedes somewhat, the vanilla-sweetish aspects come out a little. It is now mid-February, the day before yesterday it was 16 degrees in Cologne. It seems that the summer faction could enjoy the Sunshine Man with its sweeter aspects for a long time this year. But I hope for a few more cold weeks at the end of February and beginning of March. If these do not occur, you will have to wait, and you will not be able to experience the herbaceous, orange-sweetened magic until a frosty sunny day in the coming winter

great fresh perfume
Great fresh perfume niche quality but not very long lasting/ price quality in the middle, if you manage to buy it at decent price go for it its unique creation.... but if u preffer heavy stuff go with lyric man ....or interlude...

BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 days ago
Beautiful lavender, a zesty and boozy orange and a spicy immortelle/cumin. Very aromatic, clean scent. Then, sweet, creamy cedar and vanilla
MrLawmanMrLawman 2 months ago
An aromatic fougere

That doesn't go spicy (like always)

But warm, sweet and vanillic instead

Unique twist but maybe off putting for some
BumpyumaBumpyuma 2 years ago
I just don't like it.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Overrated af
OPomoneOPomone 6 years ago
Take "Pour Un Homme de Caron".
Replace vanilla with toffee.
You get Sunshine Man.
Unoriginal and definitely overrated/oversweet/overpriced.

Strand, Sonne, Sunshine Man
by Meinesonne85
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Homage by Amouage Interlude Man 53 by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage