Overture Man 2019

Overture Man by Amouage
Overture Man is a new perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Oman Perfumery.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cardamom, Cumin, Ginger, Nutmeg, Saffron, Cognac
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon, Mastic resin, Benzoin, Labdanum, Patchouli, Geranium, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Leather, Clary sage, Animalic notes, Frankincense

Submitted by Amourage, last update on 22.10.2020.

Indiana Jones
Until now I did not meet any fragrance which immediately described and introduced itself after the first initial spraying. Well, this one did it, quite well. I was sitting in a pub full of expensive antiquities and wooden furniture, where the hanging trophies on the wall, just like the map of the World celebrated the respectful hunting results of the noble Lords, members of the elite Club.

The air was hot and dry during this shiny Saturday afternoon. As the lobby's air was filled with tobacco smoke and the smell of the freshly opened old cognac barrels, I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest, it was so hard to breath inside. I wanted to find out what was that Sacred scent in the air, blown inside my nose by the wind opened door at the entrance. A middle aged, not so well shaved man in a worn out and old fashioned jacket stepped in the lobby. His boots were overworn, and I noticed a small hole on his leather hat. For some reason I felt I have to speak with this man but it was impossible to reach him because the place was crowded and I could barely move.
As I was getting closer, he took out a strange object from his pocket on the table in front of him. He noticed me, and without saying a word he ordered me to take a seat.

- Relax, he said.
- Thank you, Mister.

As he was observing the strange object I started to feel some vibration around us, and the journey begun...
If you ever tried or owned Guerlain's Bois Mystérioux or Songe d'un Bois d'Été - then you traveled with me on the same bus. The opening reminded me on the above mentioned fragrances, but still, I immediately felt that this is on a higher level. The quality spoke for itself, not only because the notes are more rounded, but also because of the fact that in 30 degrees, after 4-5 hours of a half (yes Ladies and Gentlemen, a half!) spritz on my hand the skin was still shining, like it was covered with liquid gold.

After 4-5 hours when the top notes are calmed down (I could not feel any citrus notes), well then comes the real magic. Myrrh, benzoin, Resin and labdanum marriage as the base DNA of all Amouage fragrances - but in a totally different level. I thought that something got wrong with my nose as I could not feel the middle notes after 3-4 hours, but I had the exactly same experience twice. That means, after 4-5 hours the cognac note slowly came on the top, and after 6 hours it was dominating above the other notes. This was "The note which overtook and controlled the other notes in harmony."

The cognac note. This is not the classic cognac note you can smell after pouring and drinking from the glass. This is the cognac on the bottom of the glass, forgotten on the table for a few days, got dried and caramelized. This is exactly the same note I can feel in this creation.

Is this a groundbreaking fragrance? No, surely not, especially if you have already tried Interlude, Jubilation for example. But does it mean that it is not a good fragrance? Of course not! The magic of this blend is that it kept the base Amouage DNA but on the top something new, seriously high quality was added. And this justifies the high price of bottle.

Overture Man
Notes: Cognac, Myrrh and Sandalwood

Overture Man has become my favorite from Amouage. A true masterpiece blended to perfection. Charred Woods with cognac poured on top and Myrrh with Vanillic Sandalwood drydown. Very Intoxicating, Sophisticated, Elegant and Classy.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
It starts like I am opening the drawer where I keep all the spices in the kitchen. Then myrrh and Cognac start to stand out. Great quality.
BarbalixBarbalix 3 months ago
The highest quality among all Amouage. A sacred, resinous blast rounded with a hint of vanilla, sandalwood and cognac note.

by Niklas1993
by Niklas1993
by Barbalix
by Barbalix

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage