Reflection 45 2021

Reflection 45 by Amouage
Reflection 45 is a new perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2021. The scent is resinous-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery.

Lucas Sieuzac

CedarwoodCedarwood
MyrrhMyrrh
FrankincenseFrankincense
OpoponaxOpoponax

Submitted by KrzysiekPL, last update on 16.10.2021.

Expectations VS Reality
So now it goes Reflection 45 to the collar :)

I was always a fan of Reflection Man and wanted to buy me a bottle again, because I read that this extrait version should appear. My eyes shone not bad.

Full of anticipation I started a sharing and many dear Parfumus/Parfumas made with. 450€ changed hands and I was still happy.

What were my expectations now? An Ombre Nomade or Nouveau Monde, but just as Reflection Man a strong radiant fragrance, power without end, wonderfully composed and simply sets a statement! And not only strikes me and delighted!

The package from Oman arrived quickly and without any problems. I pulled out my sharp pocket knife and carefully opened the package! The packaging is the standard Amouage packaging, but the bottle is a poem, for me quite easy the most beautiful bottle I have.

Magnet cap off and the first spray, hmm interesting, tart, spicier than the original. It smells wonderful. The cardamom is dominant there for me.

Overall much less floral, not as sweet and clean. He seems much more masculine and adult!

The opening is really great done!

The fragrance becomes a little sweeter and more powdery (vanilla, iris)
Woods come in also the incense is wonderful to recognize. Vetiver puts the composition its I dot on, very intense and very very nice!

A great fragrance! The drydown is my clear favorite. Wonderful!

I could smell it for hours! Can I fortunately also, because the durability is very good, from the fragrance alone he is clearly in my top 10!

But now let's open our eyes and come together to reality!
The sillage is a nightmare! We are talking 450€ for 100ml and I personally have never had such a weak amouage on my skin! It smells wonderful but this is so disappointing to me. Extrait or not. Then I would have preferred an edp!

How does Louis Vuitton create such strong fragrances like Ombre Nomade or Nouveau Monde?
Which smell wonderful, with a great progression and wonderful notes that can make a lasting statement. A fragrance that remains in memories! And fills rooms. I expect that in this price segment.

Amouage creates a fragrance here that is no doubt as beautiful as the above but unfortunately became as fleeting as the moment that just passed.... (unless you press your nose on the skin flat, then you have longer what of it)

An olfactory snack, so you could describe it. Excellent served no question, but that's not enough for me.

It is a fragrance for you, others will not be able to perceive it, at least not by far as I would wish.

Thanks for reading.

LG Deniz.

The search continues.

Worthy upgrade?
First of all, I will say it from the beginning - this is a concentration variant for Eau de Parfum Reflection Man so do not expect a new Scent DNA to be found into this flanker.

Many Parfumos, myself included have wished for a better performing RM EDP because the nice floral notes and the very fresh and clean impression the clary sage, neroli and Jasmin are giving is really addictive. Then Reflection 45 comes along and my first impression was .. yeah, this will be a performance beast like Interlude 53 which you then need to scrape of your skin if you want it removed.

The Amouage "pre-order" marketing policy works well, the website was filled with sharings, I think over 10 within hours .. so the hype is there.

Now to the Extrait, which I tested today:

- It starts with strong Lavender, almost fougere like and in the first tens of minutes it seems to have a different DNA than RM EDP.
- It dries down nicely and the Lavender gets toned down and the nice Neroli with Jasmin from EDP come to life.
- It has low silage and projection, with a spray from the Glass Sprayer it is not noticeable at all unless you rub your nose to the skin. EDP has a better projection IMO.
- After about four hours it is still quite strong on the skin, maybe sprayed from the bottle and on clothes would really have a better silage.

If you expect an improved Reflection Man, I am not sure R45 will deliver that. If you want to have the beautiful smell of RM for longer present on your shirt or clothes, maybe the R45 can do that for you .. but also spraying more EDP will give you the same effect.

Maybe this is a marketing stunt to refresh the image of Reflection Man overall and that is bold from Amouage to do. I saw these days that many famous Perfumers were invited to Oman for leisure, hopefully this will bring new creations too.

Given the identical scent DNA = with the Reflection Man EDP prices between 160-200€/$/GBP for 100ml I see it difficult for the Extrait to have any success, not at 450€.

Popular Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Lyric Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Dia Woman (Extrait de Parfum) by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Homage by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Interlude 53 by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Beloved Man by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Library Collection - Opus VI by Amouage