Lunar Vetiver 2018

Lunar Vetiver by Amouroud
Lunar Vetiver is a popular perfume by Amouroud for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is green-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Perfumer's Workshop.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
VanillaVanilla
Base Notes Base NotesJava vetiverJava vetiver
Tobacco flowerTobacco flower
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 14.12.2021.

PerfumePL
A vetiver fragrance from another dimension

In this fragrance I feel a contrast between a bright part with that vetiver, citrus facet.
On the other hand we have warm and earthy sensations, with the pink pepper, the bell pepper and the darkest part of the vetiver. All of this is accompanied by a creamy, woody sensation that looks like sandalwood.
The output can be a bit intimidating, but I love its drying.
Its wake comes to you in bursts. It has a good duration.
I see it quite versatile, although it convinces me more for the day and mild weather.
It is striking and it is original, it is worth trying it

Jazzbob
What is the scent of post-blooming Cereus?
Many will now wonder what this is at all. It is a genus of cacti in which the sweet, fruity-smelling flowers only open at night, as they are pollinated by bats (in contrast to other Cereen species, which rely on birds during the day). Perfumer Jérôme Di Marino 'used' this note in Lunar Vetiver, anyway, and thus probably created the template for the moon (luna) and vetiver connection. Sounds like a great story.

That's exactly what it is above all: something that requires our imagination. Fragrance notes are, after all, in most cases, what the creator / the creator should trigger with us as a smell perception. In the first place, it doesn't matter whether it's the 'real' natural resource, a substance synthesized in a lab, or something in between. It shows how closely marketing and perfumes are linked, how stories are sold to fragrances. On the other hand, yes, we do indeed have our personal sensations and anecdotes associated with them.

Lunar Vetiver does not make me think of moonlight, but I can understand that Di Marino was inspired by the scent of Cereus, because I was quite surprised at the first test, how fruity-floral the fragrance comes across. However, my perception has changed with subsequent times and I would also say that my sample smells minimally fruitier than my bottle - which could be due to maceration. That bright fruitiness is still present in conjunction with just a little citrusiness, but the other facets dominate for me. At the beginning, I can definitely recognize the two notes of allspice and pepper, which gives the fragrance a certain spiciness. The eponymous vetiver (why not stated as a fragrance note here?) shows both its slightly grassy-green and woody side, and is complemented by a component that I would most likely describe as very dry cedar. This is often problematic for me as I actually almost always perceive it as pungent and I guess I'm hypersensitive to it - in many fragrances it comes across as penetrating and lingering - but in Lunar Vetiver it complements the rest of the notes well and is seemingly low dosed. I can't find the sweetly warm notes of tonka bean and vanilla and tobacco flower here, though, because the scent remains rather linearly green, woody, and dry.

What I appreciate about Lunar Vetiver is the good mix of light and darker notes, which do not make too extreme a contrast, but also do not seem boring. Vetiver has a priori already something mature in itself, but in this case, the direction is more modern and brighter than many other representatives, which tend either in a more earthy direction, or are accompanied by old-fashioned soapy / powdery nuances. Perhaps it is precisely this slightly radiant quality that could be likened to that of moonlight.

For me, Lunar Vetiver is a good all-season all-rounder, which should be dosed sparingly due to its persistence and strength (with me, for example, no more than 2-3 sprays at work). Incidentally, the bottle is not only solid and features a metal cap and sprayer, but fortunately allows you to see the fill level by holding it in front of a light source. If you're now in the mood for a test, let me add that the scent might seem a bit harsh to some. I quite like it when one still has a few rough edges.

Perfection
This is Tom Ford Gray Vetiver on steroids. More powerful, stronger, rawer and longer lasting. Opening like when someone pulls a vetiver out of the ground and hits you in the face directly. Tobacco flower and Tonka bean are in the background. One of the best vetiver perfumes on the market.

Lunar Vetiver
Hands down the most beautiful Vetiver fragrance I've ever smelled in my life. This composition is absolutely flawless imo. It lasts forever & projection (on skin & clothes) is an easy 4 - 6 feet for the first 8 plus hours before it starts to sit closer to the skin... So rare for me to fall this fast, or this hard, for a fragrance.
As with any frag we love, what makes this one so different is subjective at best but for me, I think it's the quality of the ingredients, that perfect mixture of each of the listed notes (see note breakdown below) & the feeling you get while wearing it. For me, I feel so tranquil & at peace when wearing this gem. The perfumer Jerome Di Marino couldn't have done a better job capturing what he defined as, "The olfactive dream." Here's what the house had to say, "This scent has been inspired by the seduction of nightfall. Perfumer Jerome Di Marino wanted to capture the ethereal glow that comes just as the sun and the moon share the sky in what he calls an 'olfactive dream'. Using a unique couture species of patchouli harvested on the Indonesian island of Java as his foundation, Jerome began to compose iridescent notes of bergamot, pimento, and pink peppercorn to create the warm, bright glow he imagines radiating in the setting sun."
Another thing that stood out for me is how long this fragrance lasted on skin. Absolutely unheard of but the way it should be when you're spending $200+ for a fragrance. I've got 6 Vetiver based frags in my collection. From TF Grey Vetiver to Chanel's Sycamore, Diptyque's vetyverio & a few others but omg this Lunar Vetiver is in a league of it's own. I have never had a fragrance last through two showers, a night's rest & throughout the next day!! AND I CAN STILL SMELL IT! When I first sprayed it, it was a bit sharp/harsh at first. It left me a bit confused but i could sense something special was happening. It starts to tone down almost immediately & before you know it, PURE MAGIC! Definitely that "OMG" moment i think we all look for. I just can't get this frag off my mind. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! If you guys are into Vetiver, GET YOUR NOSE ON THIS ONE!!!

Top notes: Pink pepper, Pimento, Bergamot

Heart notes: Vanilla, Sage, Cactus Flower

Base notes: Java vetiver, Tonka bean, Tobacco blossom

This will forever be a staple in my collection. Pure tranquility.... NOTHING else like it!!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
After a bright and uplifting citric-spicy opening, this juicy and smooth, green spicy-woody fragrance, settles to a warm earthy-woody base.
Pshopper1180Pshopper1180 6 months ago
Bold, Beautiful and Classy. Vetiver for the Elite.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
In the opening, a burst of citruses and a strong vetiver, rooty, bitter and a bit sour. In drydown, a touch of tobacco blossom and tonka.
JohnmichaelJohnmichael 4 years ago
I have never smelled a more gorgeous vetiver fragrance in my life. This stuff is the nectar of the gods! Tranquility in a bottle! PURE ART!!

by GewoonBB
by BertolucciK
by Danijels
by Danijels

Popular Amouroud

White Hinoki by Amouroud Dark Orchid by Amouroud Oud Tabac by Amouroud Oud du Jour by Amouroud Silver Birch by Amouroud Agarwood Noir by Amouroud Santal des Indes by Amouroud Safran Rare by Amouroud Oud After Dark by Amouroud Silk Route by Amouroud Wet Stone by Amouroud Sunset Oud by Amouroud Midnight Rose by Amouroud Miel Sauvage by Amouroud Bois d'Orient by Amouroud Elixir - Mysterious Rose by Amouroud Elixir - Noir Illuminé by Amouroud Elixir - Golden Oud by Amouroud Himalayan Woods by Amouroud