Elixir - Golden Oud 2019

Elixir - Golden Oud by Amouroud
Elixir - Golden Oud is a perfume by Amouroud for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is powdery-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Perfumer's Workshop.

Top Notes Top NotesVioletViolet HeliotropeHeliotrope Kir Royal
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian oudIndian oud Damask roseDamask rose PatchouliPatchouli IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesCaramelCaramel Gaiac woodGaiac wood Bourbon vanilla absoluteBourbon vanilla absolute MyrrhMyrrh TobaccoTobacco MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.09.2021.

Ptsau
Gorgeous gourmand Oud scent!
Can’t believe I’m the first one to review about it here. It should deserve more attention.

It is about 80% similar to the Oud Save the King, gourmandy oud scent. I blind bought it because I got a discount code for their official website from the ScentXplore. I’ve been hunting good oud scent. Once I received it, thought I regretted it after the first spray since I got the OSTK already as they were too similar at the first impression but now I can say it’s not redundant to get both because they’re quite different at the dry down and Golden Oud’s performance is slightly better.

The openings of GO and OSTK are almost exactly the same except GO has the bright note (I think it’s the champagne) that is more uplifting. They are both sweet powdery. After about 1-2 hours, they detour in a slightly different direction. The oud in GO is much stronger with some green vibe while I can’t quite detect oud in OSTK yet. Instead, OSTK now has a dominant soft powdery suede accord. When they come to the base, its musky and woody dominant in GO with slight oud and sweetness in the back but the oud in OSTK is detectable now with the powdery suede accord is still going strong. Overall the oud in GO is stronger.

Performance wise, they both linger on my skin for very long, about 10-12 hours for both. They both sit very close to my skin, about 1 feet during the whole duration. But, I can keep getting swifts from the GO every once in a while even after the 8 hours mark, which I can’t get from OSTK. Since it’s pandemic now, I can’t be sure about the scent trails because I haven’t seen anyone but based on the swifts I got from GO, I believe it will leave nice scent trails. I think they both are suitable for the whole year round since they are not so beastly. I love both but love GO slightly more.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
Initially uplifting and herbal spicy-floral, a warm and powdery/sweet, oriental floral-woody Fall fragrance, on a gentle spicy-woody base.

Popular by Amouroud

Lunar Vetiver by Amouroud White Hinoki by Amouroud Dark Orchid by Amouroud Oud Tabac by Amouroud Wet Stone by Amouroud Silver Birch by Amouroud Oud After Dark by Amouroud Oud du Jour by Amouroud Agarwood Noir by Amouroud Safran Rare by Amouroud Santal des Indes by Amouroud Silk Route by Amouroud Midnight Rose by Amouroud Sunset Oud by Amouroud Elixir - Mysterious Rose by Amouroud Bois d'Orient by Amouroud Miel Sauvage by Amouroud Elixir - Noir Illuminé by Amouroud Himalayan Woods by Amouroud