Perfumista by Anatole Lebreton

Perfumista is a new perfume by Anatole Lebreton for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Plum, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Jasminum auriculatum, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Peru balsam, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.03.2020.

Rectification
Recently, on the occasion of my comment on 'Cornaline', I noted that Anatole Lebreton, as a brand, was the only supplier with a reasonably significant portfolio, of which I know all the fragrances. Literally immediately this finding became untrue by the appearance of this number seven of the assortment. A circumstance that Derailroaded obviously didn't want to leave behind, because she quickly provided me with a sample so that I could correct my statement - thank you very much!

Well, if Labdanum-Stink isn't involved today. I think about it right from the start, before other impressions are also allowed to distort. Fruit (pear and raspberry - yes, plum - no, at most unripe plum, a hint of apple perhaps; by the way all "rose plants") and above all rose can be smelled in a fresh-fruity, almost airy ethereal way, which I did not expect from this perfumer. And they are then quickly wiped away by a tarry spin, which underlines my above assumption. Reminds me of Diors 'Oud Ispahan'. Wisely, however, there remains a hint of soapy rose, supported by the same potential of jasmine, so that it does not appear completely peeled on. Or maybe not yet, let's wait and see, we are dealing with Mr Lebreton...

Floral lipstick like from the sibling fragrance 'Incarnata' is added. In general, 'Perfumista' offers cooler, airier sensations in the course of the morning, which, however, subordinate themselves to the juicy, viscous overall picture. At noon I sense a light smoky streaking woodiness, on the one hand dusty, on the other voluminous - because of the contribution of the floral and the sweetness. Even an inkling of leather becomes, well, just presageable, unquestionably fed from patchouli, but at the same time using the herbfloral faculty.

In addition, a base of (presumably) vetivery acetate shows up, which I perceive much earlier on subsequent test days with the knowledge of it. She explores her proximity to the Harzig smoky and leads to the final part, because for the end I guess Vetiverylacetat and Labdanum, that is a säuerlich smoky, slightly peeled mood, which is quite bulky on the skin, but otherwise by no means overpowering, especially since a creamy floral veil mixes in throughout.

The noble donor of the little sample already referred to the "unwashed impression", which she gets from the scent typical for lebreton. For me, however, the "unwashed" is not too unclean, I found the incontinent gardener in 'Grimoire' more intensive in this respect. Rather, I sense a somewhat more confidently designed floral minimalism that quotes Lebreton's fun-loving ideas from 'Cornaline', for example. Just not quite so, shall we say, bulging.

In short, 'Perfumista' does quite a few things right, which, now also thought manufacturer-independent (see above), were more or less over-excited elsewhere.

Conclusion: A crunchy, juicy floral for those ladies who find Ropion's modern classics 'Carnal Flower' or 'Une Fleur de Cassie', for example, too light, elegant and distant. The 'Perfumista' wearer is not a meticulously (self)-staged diva who consciously keeps her surroundings at a distance, but a mature, serene, natural, friendly, joyful and intelligent person of inner rank who does not need a carefully drawn fence to instill respect. I love and adore such women, so it is not surprising that I like 'Perfumista' so much.

My Lebreton favorite.

Popular Anatole Lebreton

Grimoire by Anatole Lebreton Bois Lumière by Anatole Lebreton Incarnata by Anatole Lebreton L'Eau Scandaleuse by Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin by Anatole Lebreton Cornaline by Anatole Lebreton