Craft by Andrea Maack

Craft is a popular perfume by Andrea Maack for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still in production.

Marion Fabre

Aldehydes, Elemi resin, Metallic notes, Ice accord, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Black pepper, White pepper

Submitted by Imel, last update on 24.03.2020.

The name of the fragrance is a composite of the term Couture Art.

Now I'm really irritated
Yes, really, because what I'm sniffing out here and what I'm feeling doesn't necessarily correspond with all the comments and statements I've read here about this mysterious fragrance.

But what I totally d'accord is the perception of this cool to coniferous incense. There has already been speculation that Iso-E-Super might be in play, which I wouldn't rule out either. Thus, this Elemi-resin core, which is actually reminiscent of the Series 3: Incense series by Comme de Garcons between Kyoto and Avignon, remains the absolute pivotal point. This is on the one hand fascinatingly beautiful, but surely also for some people strangely metallic to cold.

What is personally confusing to me now is the warm and dull note that comes later, which I somehow place between earthy patchouli and benzoin. Patchouli is also officially stated and had also mentioned Aava. The experienced perfumer knows that both earthy patchouli and benzoin quickly bring up associations with chocolate or cocoa. In this case just discreet and absolutely unsweetened.

Who knows me well, knows that I think about chocolate too often. Unfortunately, Gustorisch may be right, but olfactorically I am not always present with these thoughts. Nevertheless, I feel this note, which can also be classified as balsamic and organic, is a little out of place. Certainly it is an acceptable contrast to the light incense, but without it I would have found Craft much more interesting. It's just a matter of taste, as so often.

Maybe it is also a totally subjective perception or my bottling was not flawless. Due to the lack of Andrea Maack fragrances in the perfumeries I was unfortunately not able to do a cross check. And what Craft can deduce for the design of a white paper dress is something I also cannot decide. Anyway, I'm confused.

Seduced by Elemi
I guess I'm going to love almost anything with Elemi in it, assuming the rest is competently done. Curious that it was showing up in the notes of so many incense perfumes I liked, I obtained a sample to isolate the smell. What is Elemi? Canarium Iuzonicum, a tree native to the Philippines which yields this delightful resin. Bontanically, it's related to frankincense and myrrh. Aromatherapy people says it's calming and good for respiratory problems. Cosmetics people use it in skin care products. My nose certainly is happy when it's around. Not sure how the metal and ice notes are created, but they do wonders for the heart of this perfume, sitting on fragrant cedar and patchouli. The result is hynotic, entrancing, so delicious that I'm probably going to end up with an FB. Pretend Ex Idolo Thirty Three is Cinderella. Craft is the result when the fairy godmother waves her magic wand.

by Siebter
by Siebter

Popular Andrea Maack

Coven by Andrea Maack Smart by Andrea Maack Sharp by Andrea Maack Coal by Andrea Maack Birch by Andrea Maack Silk by Andrea Maack Cornucopia by Andrea Maack Dark by Andrea Maack Soft Tension by Andrea Maack Dual by Andrea Maack