Animale Animale for Men 1994

Animale Animale for Men by Animale
Animale Animale for Men is a perfume by Animale for men and was released in 1994. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It was last marketed by Parlux.

Amber, Pineapple, Galbanum, Honey, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Lily-of-the-valley, Musk, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Cedar, Lemon

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 24.11.2020.

A Pure Havane Cheapie?
Animale Animale for men is an amazing fall and winter fragrance. I could compare this to Pure Havane by Mugler, or Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Wild, or even Perry Ellis m, however this one does have a different opening and has some florals in the mid that set this fragrance apart; all that said it's definitely in the same ballpark.

The opening of Animale Animale is fruity with the pineapple and gooey sweet with the honey. I love the opening. The mid heads into a spicy tobacco with florals and the sweetness starts to become a dry sweetness; and the dry down is excellent. The dry down is where this fragrance really smells like Mugler's Pure Havane.

For a "Cheapie" in the fragcom, this one kicks ass in terms of scent, but sadly, doesn't really last or project all that long. Only about 3 hours on my skin. Still.... for the price this is worth the pick up.

I give this one a 7 / 10.

A*Men's older brother ?
Without having a sample of A*Men at the moment for a side-by-side comparison, my olfactory memory tells me that this scent is pretty close to Mugler's original A*Men.

What intrigues me even further, is that this scent is supposedly launched in 1994, while A*Men was not launched until 1996. Just goes to show what marketing and advertising can do, as far as I know A*Men has been praised for years for being one of the first gender benders and male gourmands.
Even if the bottle is a little tacky, the wonderful smell of lavender and burnt sugar with musky honey and some vanilla really does smell good. Warm, ambery and fruity and the same time.

If you're on a tight budget and looking for a rich sweet gourmand that's perfect for christmas time - and even has similarities with A*Men or Pure Malt - look no further. For a price of around €20-25 online this is a no brainer.
Darth Vader the Sweet
Actually, I'm not a particularly big fan of gourmand fragrances Either they are too sweet for me and/or smell too strongly of vanilla, cocoa or coffee.
Are too penetrating, too intrusive etc.

But this bad boy is for me, the perfect gourmand scent Vanilla? No trace, if at all only a minimal trace of it.
What I mainly perceive is the rough and dark tobacco, not some ordinary tobacco of a filter cigarette. A strong, scratchy Zware Shag tobacco as you use it for rolling your own.
Gently sweet lavender honey and the very ripe, slightly fruity pineapple.
Lily of the valley and co. unfortunately seem to go down very much. I can't smell them for the life of me In spite of all this, he is extraordinarily well composed and coherent.

Although he is a sweet gourmand, in my opinion he is not a fragrance for the still somewhat younger men and certainly not for any semi-strong ones with fluff on their face.
No, I think the wearer should already have at least his 25-30 years on the hump and radiate a certain maturity.

The flacon, no question, cheap plastic wraps a glass container.
Many may find him ugly, but I think he's great, past and present This dark, almost black bottle seems to me powerful, mysterious and above all one thing, BÖSE.
Like a dark knight in battle gear, Sauron from The Lord of the Rings, or even Darth Vader.

The biggest shortcoming is the spray head, where I have to press 3 times with other perfumes, it has to be pressed 6 times with him.

I must mention that I first smelled the fragrance on my uncle in 1994, at the age of 7 years, and I have fond memories of my childhood with him. See my blog.
(Thanks Uncle Axel)

Conclusion:
- The teenagers sit on the park bench, secretly smoke cigarettes, drink energy drinks and wear *OneMillion*.
- The adult guys smoke cigars, drink moonshine, play poker and wear *Animale Animale*.

'nuff said?!
The distinctive sweet something
Animale Animale for Men begins Mediterranean - herbaceous, fruity - sweetish and subtly citric.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Circle dance" for the rehearsal.

The first thing you can perceive is a pleasant Mediterranean, slightly herbaceous note, thanks to the lavender.

At the same time, a fruity, sweetish note is perceptible, which blends with the lavender to form a whole and ensures that the start is refreshingly sweet and comes from the lime.

In the background there is a fine, light citric touch, which gives the prelude something subtly sparkling and comes from the lemon.

Animale Animale for Men has no real progression, it just changes over time.

In the further course of the picture a very viscous fruity pineapple can be perceived, but it does not smell like a freshly harvested pineapple, but rather like a canned pineapple, which brings a good portion of sweetness and has been dipped in heavy golden-brown honey.

One can also perceive a fresh, sweet, flowery note, which gives the fragrance that certain attractive something and is due to the lily of the valley.

And yet there is also a light floral note of jasmine, which ensures that the fragrance has air-lifting properties.

In the background, an aromatic, slightly spicy note can be perceived, which gives the fragrance a beautiful distinctive aura and comes from nutmeg.

Rose and Ylang-ylang - Ylang complete the scent of Animale Animale for Men and give the fragrance an engaging opulence.

In the last 3 hours a clear note can be perceived, which is not at all reminiscent of freshly washed laundry, but rather seems like a clear crisp - matte aura and comes from musk.

At the same time, the musk is accompanied by a fine creamy - spicy nuance, which is due to the sandalwood.

These two notes are enveloped by a slightly earthy, subtly sweet note that provides a nice depth and comes from patchouli.

The entire base is enveloped by incredibly engaging balsamic sweet and spicy notes, giving the fragrance a wonderfully cuddly and also cuddly aura and is derived from amber
Galbanum, tobacco and cedar I unfortunately could not perceive, but I can very well imagine that it was used as a supporting component.

Animale Animale for Men is a great companion in the spring, autumn and winter months for the young gentleman up to 35 who is looking for a fruity, sweet, floral and distinctive fragrance that has that certain something.

Altogether the fragrance lasts 7.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning to be perceived very clearly at one arm's length and this is maintained for 3 hours before it is minimized in calm steps until the fragrance finally fades away completely.
The Sweet
The top note is definitely very good, but still much too sweet for my taste and in my opinion too "powdery".
In the further course I really only smell pineapple with very, very much fantasy. Whereby nobody should buy this scent if he hopes for a fruity summer scent.
As far as durability is concerned, I can only say that it is relatively low. Skin-near the smell becomes with me after 3-4 hours, Sillage then therefore hardly more available Of course, there is still little to be done wrong with the price-performance ratio, if one is aware of the points mentioned above.
A big plus point is that, to my amazement, Animale Animale goes down very well with the female sex. I had two women from my immediate environment test him independently with their eyes closed and they ranked him ahead of L'Aventure and Armani Code Profumo, which I think smell a whole lot better

The scent cloned by A*Men ==> Animale Animale versus A*Men
This fragrance has been already extensively commented. I would like to add some personal opinions only, comparing Animale Animale with A*Men.

- A*Men was launched in 1996. Animale Animale was launched in 1994. If one fragrance is clonning the other, surely it's not Animale Animale.
- The two fragrances are similar in their different stages. The dry down is praticaly identical.
- A*Men is a bit sweeter and spicier. Animale Animale is a bit fruitier (pineapple).
- Animale Animale performs almost as good as A*Men.
- A*Men has a bit of smokiness that I do not detect in Animale Animale.
- A*Men is a bit more manly than Animale Animale. I do think that Animale Animale is closer to Angel than A*Men is close to Angel..
- A*Men has an average sprayer. Animale Animale has a bad sprayer.
- Three 200 ml bottles of Animale Animale cost as much as one bottle 100ml of A*Men.

I tested Animale Animale in one arm and A*Men in the other. I asked my wife to tell me which is which (she adores Angel and loves A*Men).
- Opening notes - She got it right.
- Heart notes - She got it wrong.
- Drydown - She got it wrong.

My rates for Animale Animale / A*Men:

Average:.....................7.76 for AA / 8,81 for A*Men
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recomended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you still don't have it, just order A*Men, provided you are a Mugler fan. If not ... try before you buy.
If you are on a budget, Animale Animale is an option.

GabrielCupim
Nice blind buy for almost anyone!
Someone will hardly dislike this scent, it's a great choice for a all around purpose perfume.

It's really nice, the pinaple and honey got really notable in my skin

Projects and lasts for a while too, above most of the choices at it's price.

A nice blind buy for almost anyone!
2.5

Deefit
Inexpensive but worth the money
Again an older review.

In several reviews on Animale I heard people say that if you don't like A*Men you could still like Animale, I actually find this to be true! It is sweet, but not overly sweet.

I found that the notes listed on Basenotes differ from the ones listed on Fragrantica. What I picked up in the top seems like a combination of honey and pineapple to me. Underneath I find some chocolate, though it isn't mentioned in the notes here in Fragrantica. Also some tabacco. And something that reminds me of amber, though I am not sure that is really in there. Could be the mixture of notes? It reminds me a bit of Ralph Lauren's Polo Explorer, which also has amber in it. Vanilla is lingering softly in the background.

But I do have to say, this is not as strong in sillage as I would have expected. The opening is very nice, sweet and lovely. But the drydown on this, that's where its power is to me. Very mature, classic, stylish scent. I already like it and this is just the first time I'm wearing it.

So, all in all, is it worth the money? To me, it most definitely is! For this money, I don't mind going a little crazy with the sprayer next time, to see what happens with sillage. And with Animale Animale my succesful blind buy streak continues, hehe!

/edit: There are a lot of different opinions on the subject of its similarity to A*Men Pure Havane and Pure Malt. To me, Animale Animale is somewhere in between Pure Havane and Pure Malt. Both of the Muglers share similarities to Animale Animale but still they are clearly three different fragrances. If you'd smell the three of them blind, it's easy to tell Pure Malt and Pure Havane are related to each other.

Keep in mind that Animale Animale was launched over 15 years before either of the Mugler flankers but hands down, it's not as warm as Pure Havane. Where Pure Malt is more fruity sweet, Pure Havane is warmer than the other two with its vanilla and cocoa heart.

/edit2: This reminds me of Thierry Muglers Angel a lot! Or Angel reminds me of this. The first time I smelled Angel, I immediately had Animale Animale in my head. At least during the opening.

/edit3: Jeffrey Dame said this about the similarities to Angel: "The original Angel for Women was taking the world by storm, and I set out as a brief to develop the new Animale Animale for Men as a take-off for men on the original Angel women with a several tweaks to push it more masculine. This was before AMen came out."
2.5

great
i'm really surprised to see the rating of this fragrance. i think they should sell this fragrance in a fancy bottle by a fancy brand with very expensive price, maybe they'll start to like it. the scent is a great mixture of tobacco and honey with a little help of vanilla. longevity and sillage is above standarts so it's a quality product for its price and a good candidate for blind buy.

Great
Very Good, I like the smell of the Tobacco notes. This is kind of fruity mixed with tobacco. The projection is very good. It stays on and on. Good

Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
It's an inexpensive and amusing fragrance with a high degree of similarity with A*Men (or the other way around). Judge it for yourself!

by Seejungfrau
by Smellow1987
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Animale

Animale (Eau de Parfum) by Animale Animale Animale by Animale Love by Animale Animale Sport by Animale Animale for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Animale Animale Temptation for Women by Animale Animale Temptation for Men by Animale Animale Instinct Homme by Animale Animale Intense for Men by Animale Azul by Animale