Animale Animale for Men (1994)

Animale Animale for Men by Animale

Animale Animale for Men is a perfume by Animale for men and was released in 1994. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It was last marketed by Perfumania Holdings.

Amber, Pineapple, Galbanum, Honey, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Lily-of-the-valley, Musk, Nutmeg, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Cedar, Lemon

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 13.08.2019

5.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

The scent cloned by A*Men ===> Animale Animale versus A*Men
This fragrance has been already extensively commented. I would like to add some personal opinions only, comparing Animale Animale with A*Men.

- A*Men was launched in 1996. Animale Animale was launched in 1994. If one fragrance is clonning the other, surely it's not Animale Animale.
- The two fragrances are similar in their different stages. The dry down is praticaly identical.
- A*Men is a bit sweeter and spicier. Animale Animale is a bit fruitier (pineapple).
- Animale Animale performs almost as good as A*Men.
- A*Men has a bit of smokiness that I do not detect in Animale Animale.
- A*Men is a bit more manly than Animale Animale. I do think that Animale Animale is closer to Angel than A*Men is close to Angel..
- A*Men has an average sprayer. Animale Animale has a bad sprayer.
- Three 200 ml bottles of Animale Animale cost as much as one bottle 100ml of A*Men.

I tested Animale Animale in one arm and A*Men in the other. I asked my wife to tell me which is which (she adores Angel and loves A*Men).
- Opening notes - She got it right.
- Heart notes - She got it wrong.
- Drydown - She got it wrong.

My rates for Animale Animale / A*Men:

Average:.....................7.76 for AA / 8,81 for A*Men
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recomended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you still don't have it, just order A*Men, provided you are a Mugler fan. If not ... try before you buy.
If you are on a budget, Animale Animale is an option.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

GabrielCupim
Nice blind buy for almost anyone!
Someone will hardly dislike this scent, it's a great choice for a all around purpose perfume.

It's really nice, the pinaple and honey got really notable in my skin

Projects and lasts for a while too, above most of the choices at it's price.

A nice blind buy for almost anyone!
2.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Deefit
Inexpensive but worth the money
Again an older review.

In several reviews on Animale I heard people say that if you don't like A*Men you could still like Animale, I actually find this to be true! It is sweet, but not overly sweet.

I found that the notes listed on Basenotes differ from the ones listed on Fragrantica. What I picked up in the top seems like a combination of honey and pineapple to me. Underneath I find some chocolate, though it isn't mentioned in the notes here in Fragrantica. Also some tabacco. And something that reminds me of amber, though I am not sure that is really in there. Could be the mixture of notes? It reminds me a bit of Ralph Lauren's Polo Explorer, which also has amber in it. Vanilla is lingering softly in the background.

But I do have to say, this is not as strong in sillage as I would have expected. The opening is very nice, sweet and lovely. But the drydown on this, that's where its power is to me. Very mature, classic, stylish scent. I already like it and this is just the first time I'm wearing it.

So, all in all, is it worth the money? To me, it most definitely is! For this money, I don't mind going a little crazy with the sprayer next time, to see what happens with sillage. And with Animale Animale my succesful blind buy streak continues, hehe!

/edit: There are a lot of different opinions on the subject of its similarity to A*Men Pure Havane and Pure Malt. To me, Animale Animale is somewhere in between Pure Havane and Pure Malt. Both of the Muglers share similarities to Animale Animale but still they are clearly three different fragrances. If you'd smell the three of them blind, it's easy to tell Pure Malt and Pure Havane are related to each other.

Keep in mind that Animale Animale was launched over 15 years before either of the Mugler flankers but hands down, it's not as warm as Pure Havane. Where Pure Malt is more fruity sweet, Pure Havane is warmer than the other two with its vanilla and cocoa heart.

/edit2: This reminds me of Thierry Muglers Angel a lot! Or Angel reminds me of this. The first time I smelled Angel, I immediately had Animale Animale in my head. At least during the opening.

/edit3: Jeffrey Dame said this about the similarities to Angel: "The original Angel for Women was taking the world by storm, and I set out as a brief to develop the new Animale Animale for Men as a take-off for men on the original Angel women with a several tweaks to push it more masculine. This was before AMen came out."
2.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

great
i'm really surprised to see the rating of this fragrance. i think they should sell this fragrance in a fancy bottle by a fancy brand with very expensive price, maybe they'll start to like it. the scent is a great mixture of tobacco and honey with a little help of vanilla. longevity and sillage is above standarts so it's a quality product for its price and a good candidate for blind buy.

Great
Very Good, I like the smell of the Tobacco notes. This is kind of fruity mixed with tobacco. The projection is very good. It stays on and on. Good
2.5 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Old times
A great mix of honey, tobacco and pinneaple to my nose.

I bought this one in 1996 and it was my prefered scent for a long time.

It's really good and used to be very unique.

The price is very good and it has a great sillage and lasting power. Definitely worth it.

Updated January 2014

Carlitos01 60 days ago
It's an inexpensive and amusing fragrance with a high degree of similarity with A*Men (or the other way around). Judge it for yourself!+4
5.0

by Smello
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Animale

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Animale (Eau de Parfum) by Animale Animale Animale by Animale Animale for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Animale Animale Sport by Animale Animale Intense for Men by Animale Azul by Animale Animale Instinct Homme by Animale Animale Temptation for Men by Animale Animale Temptation for Women by Animale Love by Animale Animale Black by Animale Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme by Animale Animale Intense for Women by Animale Chaleur d'Animale by Animale Instinct d'Animale by Animale Animale for Men (After Shave) by Animale Animale (Parfum) by Animale Animale Instinct Femme by Animale