Secret Wish 2005

Secret Wish by Anna Sui
Bottle Design Marc Wittenberg
Secret Wish is a perfume by Anna Sui for women and was released in 2005. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesTagetes, Melon, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPineapple, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, White cedarwood, Musk

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 29.11.2020.

Citric tart summer sweetheart
I got to know this fragrance when I was 18 and liked it at first sight. This citric floral scent enchanted me, because it met my perfect idea of such a fragrance. With him I made happy a couple of people who were important for me, and I got the feeling that he could fit to them and they fell in love with him just like me :) But I never took this fragrance with me and I put it off. At some point you couldn't buy it in the shop anymore and I could have bitten my ass for not taking the opportunity. But this summer fate was on my side. I saw it online in one of my favourite shops and I hit it.
When I researched the fragrance pyramid here on Parfumo, I was very surprised. I do not smell any melon, pineapple or blackcurrant. To me it smells citric floral, probably due to the mixture of marigold, lemon, amber, cedar wood and musk. If I had the scent pyramid alone before my eyes, without knowing the scent, a completely different scent would emerge in my imagination.
I'm glad to have him in my collection. It is a heart scent and fits perfectly into the summer for me, as I get my rappel at least once in this season anyway, as far as citric, slightly tart scents are concerned, and it is perfect for that. It does not crush you, does not get on your nerves when it feels like 50 degrees outside. He does not force himself on you, but refreshes you when a whiff of him goes up your nose. It doesn't last long on the skin, but in summer it doesn't have to, it'd rather spray once more than be killed by a cloud of scent.
This treasure stands in my perfume shelf, protected by his brothers and sisters and waiting for the next summer :)

Top loaded notes
Top notes on this were sort of interesting the effect being in the family of EA Green Tea , and D&G Lt Blue . However the longevity of the intro leaves a lot to be desired. Dry down is reached within 5 minutes on a cold winter day. And unfortunately it isn't a very nice arrival . It does ,as others have mentioned ,smell like a soap . Sort of like one that is in public restrooms ? Not the super hideous kind but the kind that you hope the scent fades off fast and doesn't interfere with your SOTD too much. I have a purse size bottle . I will not be trying to get anymore of this.

I Tried to Love You
This fragance leaves me uninspired. It's not bad, but it reminds me of bland, inoffensive toilet soap. I agree that it has a niggling shaprness to it, but I find it only slightly fruity leaning more towards a powdery floral.
2.5

Cheaper version of Light Blue
A very fruity scent. Not much else to it really.

It's nice enough and Summery of course, but it's not the scent I expected to find in such an enchanting, child-like bottle.

I expected sweetness and flowers, but Secret Wish is mostly soft lemon, pineapple and melon. Not particularly a blend that I usually associate with young girls, which I assume this fragrance would be marketed towards.

There's a surprising element of sharpness which continually bugged me. I'm guessing that it's the blend of lemon and pineapple that makes me feel this way.

Overall I can't entirely hate this scent, but I can assure you that I will never love it. Some have mentioned similarities to D&G Light Blue which I do detest, partly because of the strong lemon notes which remind me of cleaning solutions.

Secret Wish is really to do with personal taste. If lemons and pineapple are your thing, certainly give Secret Wish a try.

by Caliope
by Vitaminc
by Lene002
by Lene002

Popular Anna Sui

Anna Sui by Anna Sui La Nuit de Bohème (Eau de Parfum) by Anna Sui La Nuit de Bohème (Eau de Toilette) by Anna Sui Sui Dreams by Anna Sui Secret Wish - Fairy Dance by Anna Sui Flight of Fancy by Anna Sui Secret Wish - Magic Romance by Anna Sui Secret Wish - Lucky Wish by Anna Sui Dolly Girl by Anna Sui Sui Love by Anna Sui Romantica Exotica by Anna Sui Forbidden Affair by Anna Sui Night of Fancy by Anna Sui La Vie de Bohème by Anna Sui L'Amour Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Anna Sui L'Amour Rose Versailles (Eau de Parfum) by Anna Sui Dolly Girl Bonjour L'Amour by Anna Sui Rock Me! Summer Of Love by Anna Sui Rock Me! by Anna Sui Dolly Girl Ooh La Love by Anna Sui