Matsuri / 祭 by Annayake / アナヤケ
Matsuri is a perfume by Annayake / アナヤケ for women and was released in 2006. The scent is spicy-oriental. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Henri Bergia

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Pear nectar, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Lilac, American plum, Clove
Base Notes Base NotesPrecious woods, Heliotrope, Jasminum auriculatum, Provençal peach

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.09.2020.

A clove dominant fragrance
Annayake Matsuri is an unexpected treasure. I find it to be a beautifully balanced spicy oriental with all the notes I love. I'm kicking myself that I haven't given this fragrance a look-in until now.

If you love the scent of cloves, you'll love Matsuri. My love affair with clove began a few months ago with Chanel Coco, however it didn't always work with my chemistry. Some days it smelt the way I wanted it to smell, other days it was too powdery. With Matsuri it is very different. In a way, this fragrance shows Chanel Coco how it's done.

Matsuri is beautiful because of its subtlety. In other words, it is never overpowering, yet always mysterious. I found the opening quite zesty and fun with mandarin orange, clove and exotic spices. It really made me sit up and take notice from the very word go.

Once settled on the skin, Matsuri takes me on a journey to exotic and mountainous Japan, where temples are hidden amongst the rugged terrain. The spices are intermingled with sweet floral accords like ylang ylang, peony, jasmine and heliotrope. The scent that emanates from the skin is sensual and precious.

Towards the drydown, cedar and patchouli make an appearance, and in turn make the composition earthier and more grounded. I am quite captivated by Matsuri's warmth, however I must admit that this fragrance's only downfall is its lack of lasting strength. After four hours, I can barely smell Matsuri at all.

Annayake Matsuri is relatively well-priced, certainly a lot cheaper than Chanel Coco, however it is really difficult to find. Online discounters are the best places to look for Annayake perfumes.

Popular Annayake / アナヤケ

Tomo / とも (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyako / ミヤコ by Annayake / アナヤケ Pour Elle by Annayake / アナヤケ Tsukimi by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Vetiver / とも Vetiver by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyabi Woman by Annayake / アナヤケ Pour Elle Light by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyabi Man (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ Kuroi by Annayake / アナヤケ Natsumi (2004) by Annayake / アナヤケ Kimitsu for Him by Annayake / アナヤケ An'na by Annayake / アナヤケ Niji for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Hanami by Annayake / アナヤケ Shiroi by Annayake / アナヤケ Tsukiyo for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Fresh by Annayake / アナヤケ Hokou for Her / ほこう by Annayake / アナヤケ Natsumi (2014) by Annayake / アナヤケ