Miyako / ミヤコ by Annayake / アナヤケ

Miyako is a popular perfume by Annayake / アナヤケ for women and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Frankincense, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHinoki wood, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Musk, Myrrh

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.02.2018

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Eternal caravan
Amber, incense and myhrre; holy smoke, this is sweet.

I regard Miyako Annayake as my second hippie perfume, next to Goutal Ambre Fétiche. Miyako Annayake is much much softer though, and very feminin.
In my Lutens' drenched brain Ambre Sultan also immediately knocks at the door, being a more vigorous and spicy amber scent.

I absolutely like Miyako Annayake, but I feel that (m a y b e) I miss something here.
A little edge, or scar, a counterbalance note (gin?) could make it more of an enigma, or even better: a Sin.. Less like a one way loop in an Arabian desert.
A beautiful desert though.
Scent 8.0/10
Embracing spicy incense
I recently discovered Miyako and because of the ridiculous low price I blind bought it. From the first whiff I fell in love with this fragrance. It's a fairly easy incense scent with lots of spices in it. To my nose it's a very soft, warm and embracing fragrance, which seems a bit fleeting sometimes and stays very close to the skin.

Miyako opens very spicy and slightly sweet, while the powdery incense accompanied by wood slowly emerges from the spices, after that it remains the same, but as more of a skin scent. From time to time I smell a lovely spicy whiff of it.

I have read some reviews which compare Miyako to Serge Lutens' Ambre Sultan and I actually cannot remember, but what I do remember is that I disliked Ambre Sultan and very much like Miyako.

I'm so glad to have found a botlle which I will obviously cherish to the last drop. I have been using it during summertime and although it would probably be best during fall and winter I'm enjoying it very much. Longevity is a decent 5 hours.

• by Serafina by Serafina