Pour Lui 2000 Eau de Toilette

Pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo
Pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Annayake / アナヤケ for men and was released in 2000. The scent is woody-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesAsian mandarin orangeAsian mandarin orange Chinese black teaChinese black tea BergamotBergamot Apple blossomApple blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBambooBamboo LotusLotus Cotton flowerCotton flower
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli OakmossOakmoss TeakwoodTeakwood SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.12.2021.

FantOmaSS
A real breath of fresh air !!
There are these scents that you don't notice, these little hidden gems to discover and which one gets drunk afterwards while having a soothing side.
This Annayake Pour Lui (For Him) is one of them.
Not necessarily very well known, it is a remarkably sweet fragrance, far from the current frags.
We find cotton flower, green tea, lotus, bamboo, as well as a touch of tangerine for the citrus side.
I find it uniquely original, which makes it a really interesting scent.
Rather generic, but with a very warm atmosphere.
Soft, fresh, Japanese, mysterious, imbued with a Zen philosophy, it is in my opinion much better than many Kenzo (except the last one of which you will be able to read my review if you haven't already done so), as well as many by Miyake...
Good sillage and longevity.
Remember that this little wonder was launched in 2000 but which for me is still relevant today, and still available in some perfumeries.
So if like me, the current heavy frags strip your nose, refresh them with this very gentle scent.
You would have to be really difficult not to love him.
And the bottle is very original.
Very sober and elegant, all in a very simple way.
A real breath of fresh air that is very, very underestimated.
Zen...
My rating: 9/10

Springtime tea...
Very interesting springtime scent. To me personally, it's so typically japanese with the tea, bamboo and lotus, but the mandarin also helps freshing things up.

Fresh, that's exactly the word that describes this best. Calmingly fresh with a woody drydown.

A very typical japanese scent, but in my personal opinion it's much better than most similar offerings from Kenzo as well as Miyake.

Recommendable!
"It doesn't suit them."
... said the Douglas saleswoman as I sprayed the fragrance from this stylish bottle. I appreciate that in itself if the sellers are honest and don't just want to sell at any price. Especially as the lady was unfortunately absolutely right. I'm not a packaging fetishist, but I think the bottle is so fancy that I'm really sorry that the content is nothing for me.

In the beginning I smell bergamot with something diffusely musty, spicy and fresh. Black tea leaf with apple freshness? That doesn't even fit together and reminds me of a tilted scent. I tested Pour Lui twice, one of which he had actually toppled. The second time not but the top note is just terribly disharmonic.

It gets better in the heart note. The delicate floral notes round off the rough wood notes pleasantly. This forms an interesting contrast. At that stage, I actually had a bit of a rag on whether to buy it after all.

With the time a soapy note mixes to it which remind me a little of drugstore scents for men. I don't like that, I don't want to smell like men's shower gel.

In the base this soapy impression becomes stronger and the rough wood is softened like sandalwood.

It doesn't smell bad, but it's nothing to me. Pinches and pinches like a badly fitting garment. It can smell different on a man.

The Sillage is relatively strong for about an hour and then retreats close to the skin. Sandalwood soap remains on the skin for 5-6 hours. Pretty flat, unfortunately. Reminds me of the Bruno Banani Magic Man towards the end, where I had the same problem: "I don't look good on my own.

Too bad because I like the idea behind the fragrance. Rough, angular wood and transparent, delicate, almost aquatic floral notes. I like that in itself. It's just a question of whether the composition didn't work here or whether the scent just doesn't suit me.

by Tahnee
by Tahnee
by Dembreigh
by Dembreigh

Popular by Annayake / アナヤケ

Tomo / とも (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyako / ミヤコ by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Vetiver / とも Vetiver by Annayake / アナヤケ Matsuri / 祭 by Annayake / アナヤケ Pour Elle by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Tsukimi by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyabi Woman by Annayake / アナヤケ Kuroi by Annayake / アナヤケ Pour Elle Light by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyabi Man (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ Kimitsu for Him by Annayake / アナヤケ Omiyage for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Natsumi (2004) by Annayake / アナヤケ An'na by Annayake / アナヤケ Tsukiyo for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Niji for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Natsumi (2014) by Annayake / アナヤケ Shiroi by Annayake / アナヤケ Hanami by Annayake / アナヤケ