Pour Lui (2000) Eau de Toilette

Pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ

Pour Lui (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Annayake / アナヤケ for men and was released in 2000. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAsian mandarin, Chinese black tea leaf, Bergamot, Apple blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBamboo, Lotus, Cotton flower
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli wood, Oakmoss, Teakwood, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.12.2018

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 4.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
"It doesn't suit them."
... said the Douglas saleswoman as I sprayed the fragrance from this stylish bottle. I appreciate that in itself if the sellers are honest and don't just want to sell at any price. Especially as the lady was unfortunately absolutely right. I'm not a packaging fetishist, but I think the bottle is so fancy that I'm really sorry that the content is nothing for me.

In the beginning I smell bergamot with something diffusely musty, spicy and fresh. Black tea leaf with apple freshness? That doesn't even fit together and reminds me of a tilted scent. I tested Pour Lui twice, one of which he had actually toppled. The second time not but the top note is just terribly disharmonic.

It gets better in the heart note. The delicate floral notes round off the rough wood notes pleasantly. This forms an interesting contrast. At that stage, I actually had a bit of a rag on whether to buy it after all.

With the time a soapy note mixes to it which remind me a little of drugstore scents for men. I don't like that, I don't want to smell like men's shower gel.

In the base this soapy impression becomes stronger and the rough wood is softened like sandalwood.

It doesn't smell bad, but it's nothing to me. Pinches and pinches like a badly fitting garment. It can smell different on a man.

The Sillage is relatively strong for about an hour and then retreats close to the skin. Sandalwood soap remains on the skin for 5-6 hours. Pretty flat, unfortunately. Reminds me of the Bruno Banani Magic Man towards the end, where I had the same problem: "I don't look good on my own.

Too bad because I like the idea behind the fragrance. Rough, angular wood and transparent, delicate, almost aquatic floral notes. I like that in itself. It's just a question of whether the composition didn't work here or whether the scent just doesn't suit me.

• by Tahnee by Tahnee