Tomo Vetiver とも Vetiver (2019)

Tomo Vetiver / とも Vetiver by Annayake / アナヤケ

Tomo Vetiver is a new perfume by Annayake / アナヤケ for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Rhubarb leaf
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Musk

Submitted by Einfachich, last update on 12.08.2020.

Chizza
In the end, we'll just become friends after all
Normally Vetiver and I are not friends. Maybe loose acquaintances, if vetiver is mixed in with a fragrance. That's more of a coincidence and underlines my reluctance because of vetiver acquaintances, which it wouldn't have been necessary for a first acquaintance. So be it. In the course of an exchange I was offered Tomo vetiver, among others. The comments and the ingredient leather convinced me and I was excited.
While waiting I informed myself and noticed quite fast that the brand and also the original Tomo share little congruence with my perfume concept. That would be something. Then the package arrived, a first sprayer and I was pleasantly surprised. Not a fruity leather grenade, but rather a leather according to Japanese culture. That makes it wearable even in hotter seasons. The grapefruit sounds soft, rather delicate, as if it would only give the heart notes an escort. This circumstance speaks for the fragrance, because another fruit bomb with intense leather in the finish? Not very innovative and how many fruits are still free ?
Here the top note merges directly into the heart note, the leather is soft and interacts well with the rhubarb, which you can smell subliminally. For the price, it is clearly perceived synthetic leather. The fact that Tomo Vetiver doesn't want to be different speaks for the fragrance and helps. Nothing is worse than an ingredient that is obviously synthetic, but you want to put it in a natural garment more than anything else.
The fragrance is relatively straight, at some point the top note disappears and you notice: oh, the vetiver! Completely repressed! But it was always there, discreet and reserved, just like Japanese culture. Grassy it is, earthy it is...in a surreal way. Leather-rhubarb dresses up the vetiver in a familiar-looking stranger. This stranger is welcome to become a friend. Finally, vetiver and I become friends after all, for which I had to travel 9,144 kilometres
The first.
..fragrance I bought in the store after I signed up here.
Was looking for a summer/spring fragrance and wasn't disappointed! I was still undecided about the deal, but once it dried, I was thrilled!
The wonderfully citric top note, however, disappears quite quickly.
Friends
we will for sure. During my tour to fill up the "Mainstreamer" I like to have in between, and to have a chat with my favorite saleswoman in this shop (she actually has a hunch), I passed the shelf with the novelties as usual. In the corner, almost hidden, I found the Tomo Vetiver, which I had already read about and which sounded very interesting. So first of all on the test strip and there I liked it already very well, which actually does not happen so often. So directly the skin test and also here the first impression was very positive. After an hour in the shop and a coffee with the saleswoman, it was clear to me: Tomo Vetiver can move in with me.
The start is fresh, cheerful and I would almost say slightly playful. The bergamot predominates, grapefruit slightly in the background, all very harmonious and not overloaded. In the further process a light leather smell is added, rhubarb I rather do not take was. After some time bergamot, leather and grapefruit step into the background and clear the way for a delicate musk and vetiver. Also here the notes are very harmonic and still look fresh.
All in all, I find Tomo Vetiver to be a very round, fresh and harmonious fragrance that can also be unisex.
The shelf life is good, after 6 hours I take it was still clear, after 8 hours at least still close to the skin. The Sillage is in any case OK, although perhaps not exactly above average.
My conclusion: Tomo Vetiver is a very pleasant, fresh fragrance that is very harmonious and rounded. He's not loud and he doesn't want to be. Its strength is the discreet, fresh. As a spring and summer fragrance it is certainly ingenious, but definitely a fragrance for the whole year that can become a daily companion.
Funfact on the side: I was addressed directly to this fragrance.
Tomo Vetiver and I are already friends and we will stay friends. The name says it all.

by Scottie
by Scottie
by Huldiger
by Huldiger

Popular Annayake / アナヤケ

Tomo / とも (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyako / ミヤコ by Annayake / アナヤケ Pour Elle by Annayake / アナヤケ Matsuri / 祭 by Annayake / アナヤケ Tsukimi by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyabi Woman by Annayake / アナヤケ Pour Elle Light by Annayake / アナヤケ Miyabi Man (Eau de Toilette) by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Kuroi by Annayake / アナヤケ Kimitsu for Him by Annayake / アナヤケ Natsumi (2004) by Annayake / アナヤケ An'na by Annayake / アナヤケ Shiroi by Annayake / アナヤケ Tsukiyo for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Hanami by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Her Lotus / とも Lotus by Annayake / アナヤケ Tomo Fresh by Annayake / アナヤケ Niji for Her by Annayake / アナヤケ Hokou for Her / ほこう by Annayake / アナヤケ