Anne Klein II (1985) Parfum

Anne Klein II (Parfum) by Anne Klein
Anne Klein II (Parfum) (Anne Klein)

Anne Klein II (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Anne Klein for women and was released in 1985. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Perfumania Holdings.

Top Notes Top Notes
Heart Notes Heart Notes
Base Notes Base Notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.09.2016

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Anne Klein II (Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Anne Klein II (Eau de Parfum) by Anne Klein, which differs in concentration.

Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Flat-out Gorgeous!
If in some future dystopia, a law were to limit us to a single perfume, Anne Klein II is one of the few I could be happy wearing forever. Actually, if push came to shove, I could do with a mix of Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose and Sandalwood alone, much less this bit of rich and luxurious olfactory paradise. Like other great orientals from this period, it's a sillage and longevity monster, but why can't all perfumes have this effect: time stops upon first detecting it then only slowly and reluctantly resumes. One day I'll have to line up this perfume's majestic sisters -- Panthère, Opium, Bal à Versailles, L'Heure Bleue, even Ciara, etc. -- and try to figure out how they all do it. For now, I'm very glad to have found a vintage version. To paraphrase Anna Karenina: every ugly perfume is ugly in its own way, beautiful ones are all alike.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
One of the Nicest Fragrances I've Smelled
This is feminine beauty in a bottle. It's a very well-crafted perfume, and I usually find civet notes offensive. It's one of those fragrances that might tempt one to apply too much though, but it has above average sillage and longevity, so one must resist that urge. I agree with Digindirt; it does smell vaguely like several other 80's fragrances, but it doesn't smell dated to me. I also agree that it's both sexy and ladylike, and that's a fine balance.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
A trip to the past
Oh, the glorious Eighties when perfumes smelled like perfumes. This scent is one of softness and confidence in one. I got a generous decant, was immediately drawn to the brown color and eagerly applied some on my arm. Now, I can't stop sniffing.

At first this is a subjective statement but if I look up the notes, it all makes sense. Peach in the top, orris root in the heart, amber and the whole array of sexy base notes in the bottom. Notes are not everything, it is how they are put together. This is a "Must de Cartier", "Obsession" and "Le Baiser du Dragon" relative and its unique own, a fragrance that invites hugs.

Love it.
Scent 10.0/10
All Woman
This fragrance is just really stunningly beautiful. It starts off a little powerful but quickly settles down into a powdery, spicy scent. I could compare it to Kenzo Elephant but I won't because the spice here is very subdued and soft. It is very lady like and I think would be suitable for an elegant evening affair. This is not a bold, brash, in-your-face type fragrance, instead, it is very classy with a touch of fire!

I suppose I am biased simply because it contains Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, and Patchouli (a few of my favorite notes) but it doesn't matter because I don't think anyone could resist this striking beauty.

This fragrance has some similarities to Opium and Obsession but it is definitely not for every day. Anne Klein II feels like a lady in a long slinky black dress with diamond studded spaghetti straps. Very classy and lady like. I wonder if this could be in the same class as a Chanel but renamed as Chanel Black. I love it!

Cryptic 3 years ago
Proof that packaging matters: gorgeous, bombshell fragrance is cursed with a drab, frumpy bottle and ends up swiftly discontinued.+7
Sillage 10.0
Longevity 10.0
Scent 8.0

by Digindirt
by Digindirt
by Sorceress
by Sorceress

Popular Anne Klein

Anne Klein (Parfum) by Anne Klein Anne Klein II (Parfum) by Anne Klein Blazer (Concentrated Cologne) by Anne Klein Anne Klein (Eau de Parfum) by Anne Klein Anne Klein II (Eau de Parfum) by Anne Klein Blazer (Perfume) by Anne Klein Blazer (Après-Sport Splash) by Anne Klein