Chocolat Irisé (2012)

Chocolat Irisé by Annette Neuffer

Chocolat Irisé is a popular perfume by Annette Neuffer for women and was released in 2012. The scent is gourmand-oriental. It is still in production.

Annette Neuffer

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Honey tangerine, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Egyptian jasmine, Persian rose, Tunisian orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa absolute, Bourbon vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 28.06.2019

9.0 9.0 10.0 8.5/10

EdithLyri
Honey gingerbread and orange blossoms
The second Neuffer fragrance I test - yay!
All in all, the scent was very, very chocolaty for me in a spicy way with delicate orange blossoms, which I only noticed from time to time
My first impression is bergamot chocolate that a friend of mine brought us from Belgium. Then I slowly smell tender blossoms, orange blossoms, tender honey and some rose. The cocoa, however, is so dominant with me that it almost completely covers the flowers. I actually only smell everything through a cocoa/chocolate veil. It is like standing in the nursery near the flowering citrus trees and eating a gingerbread with chocolate icing.

I wore the perfume all day and I forgot I wore it at some point. But I always noticed this extremely tasty chocolaty spice smell, which occasionally blew up to me. At some point the connection dawned on me. The wearing comfort was therefore mega pleasant for me. I didn't smell the perfume all the time, just once in a while and then I was happy. A bit like a good scented candle.

The Sillage is megakrass at the beginning, shrinks however after a quarter of an hour to an appropriate strength. After that, she just stays like that all day. This long shelf life with moderate Sillage is an extreme strength of the fragrance. Even as a wearer I can smell the fragrance from time to time, which is the most important aspect of wearing perfume for me. But more than a spray would be too intensive for me.

The scent for me is chocolate with some orange blossoms and spices and it smells very, very tasty, like a dessert. For me it is very similar to Flor de Café, only without the orange liqueur and without the tobacco. The scent would be a little too chocolaty for me and I would be afraid to get on people's nerves with it. Otherwise, however, it is a really beautiful fragrance, which you can wear discreetly dosed also well in everyday life.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Serenissima
A different kind of chocolate cake: from the atomizer!
Mrs. Neuffer's scents always instill a great deal of respect in me.
How she creates a homogeneous, extremely tasty whole from the multitude of fragrances is simply impressive.
"Chocolat Irisé" actually came to me by mistake; it smuggled itself into a package and simply left "Narcissus Orientalis" behind.
This fragrance is characterized by elbows even before getting to know each other.
He loves to stand in the foreground and to produce himself accordingly: Shyness is not his thing!

The next impression when reading the fragrance pyramid: "Hello! These delicious ingredients could easily be used to conjure up the variety of a Sacher cake!"
Bergamot, honey tangerine - softer in aroma than the sisters - and lemon lemon could wonderfully provide the filling in their fruity melange.
Yes, that sounds quite good!
Dark, rich, but also slightly bitter cocoa comes to me quite quickly. He's not waiting for everything to be sorted out; he's just there. He doesn't care about ranking.
The fruity citrus fruit jelly already adapts well.
This first stage of the fragrance is perfumed by the flowers of the noble beauties that can be found around the Mediterranean: according to Pyramid Egypt provides the large-flowered, heavily scented jasmine (sometimes a little bit bitter in the finish), Persia the noblesse of the Rose Queen and the delicate, but no less fragrant orange blossom Mrs Neuffer finds in Tunisia.
Orange blossoms not only scented Tunisia; they know no borders drawn by humans; they wander through the entire North African area opposite Spain.
(Christine Kaufmann's book "Der Himmel über Tanger- Die sinnlichen Geheimnisse der Frauen in Marokko" (The sky over Tangier - The sensual secrets of women in Morocco) brings this fragrance with it so clearly.
It is not only me, every woman who has read this book so far, who is fascinated and touched by the breath of these fine, aromatic flowers felt during reading. It's like the book smells!
So here the orange blossom also stands for the oriental sensuality; it holds the gift to enchant, to tell stories.
After this experience Mrs. Kaufmann asked Gisela Vecker from Hamburg to create her first natural fragrance "Claire" for her. In "Claire" the orange blossom lives in the most beautiful way.
But only marginally.)

But maybe "Chocolat Irisé" gets its very special charm by this delicate flower creature.
Only the iris root seems to have joined this trio from somewhere in the Middle East.
It doesn't matter where it comes from: it must not be missing in the previous fragrance composition.
So the cocoa mass is very well accompanied; however, now a nice dose of Bourbon vanilla is necessary to round off.
Creamy, erotically warm and creamy-white, she refines the chocolate blossom scent painting, which loses some of its sweetish heaviness due to the initial fresh note.
The three most precious additions musk, sandalwood and again brightly shining patchouli, lend this exquisite whole the last sensual touch.

Even as a chocolate cake, "Chocolat Irisé" would give a lot of pleasure; as a fragrance for special hours, it is just as welcome.
No, actually more welcome - the calories are missing; that makes it more sympathetic!
Fruity, flowery, chocolaty and oriental, seductive: all this is "Chocolat Irisé"!

This fragrance by Annette Neuffer is also a pleasant companion for a few hours; however, the course of the fragrance develops quite differently.
For me, the cocoa aroma appears quite soon; for other women, it only appears when the fragrant flowers bloom fully and thus the intended time for the chocolate side of this fragrance has come.
This is how the impressions left behind by "Chocolat Irisé" change from woman to woman!
It won't get boring with this piece of fine fragrance art.

Even I like "Chocolat Irisé", as I don't like many gourmandise fragrances very much But I'm sure if the pattern goes on the tramp, it will find a real lover!
So it will land safely in this folder of the collection.

Chiaroscuro on the first Christmas day 2015
by Centifolia

Popular Annette Neuffer

Stardust by Annette Neuffer Per Fumum: Ambra Luminosa by Annette Neuffer Maroquin by Annette Neuffer Avicenna by Annette Neuffer Chocolat Irisé by Annette Neuffer Tabac Santal / For Him by Annette Neuffer Hepster by Annette Neuffer Avicenna Myrrha Mystica by Annette Neuffer Mellis by Annette Neuffer Flor de Café by Annette Neuffer Per Fumum: A Sanctified Rose by Annette Neuffer Elixir Solaire by Annette Neuffer Divincarnation by Annette Neuffer Narcissus Poeticus by Annette Neuffer Avicenna White Rose & Oud by Annette Neuffer Arabica by Annette Neuffer Honeysuckle Rose by Annette Neuffer Sonnet 18 by Annette Neuffer Narcissus Orientalis by Annette Neuffer Rosa Alba by Annette Neuffer