Flor de Café (2014)

Flor de Café by Annette Neuffer

Flor de Café is a popular perfume by Annette Neuffer for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Annette Neuffer

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Indian bay leaf, White grapefruit, Bitter orange, Clementine
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee blossom absolute, Coffee absolute, Frangipani, Champaca flower, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Bourbon vanilla, Cocoa, Tobacco, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Peru balsam

Submitted by Joe, last update on 15.06.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

EdithLyri
Dark chocolate, coffee, sex, stuff like that
For me, "Flor de Café" is a gourmand from the beginning. As someone wrote before me, the prelude is very spicy and dense. And there is a note in it which I would understand as "oriental", it is somehow very vintage and nischig, also somehow "hippie-like". Maybe it's the patchouli working undercover or the presence of natural essences (the hippies rubbed themselves with fragrant essential oil in my imagination).

The scent smells like orange liqueur, bitter chocolate and coffee beans. I'm not a fan of tobacco in here, it's too smoky for me. I don't like the orange either, so the perfume smells like "everyone is already drunk on Christmas from the liqueur and the brandy chocolates". I only like Flor de Café after 45 minutes, when it no longer smells like orange cookies with chocolate, but of balsamic basic chords of cocoa, vanilla, patchouli, balsam, sandalwood and a sip of dark coffee, then it is really beautiful.

Throughout the fragrance Flor de Café is very tart, bitter and strong in character, nothing delicate, fluffy, soft or even powdery. The impression is at times almost leathery, smoky, woody. The white flowers blend beautifully into the herb-bittren character of the perfume. It is precisely the gentle heavy scent of the flowers that I love so much that gives me the feeling that I can let myself fall when I close my eyes. (In contrast to *chrm chrm hüstel* quote unquote "Jasmine" in many modern perfumes, which simply stinks of chewing gum). But as flowery as commentators before me thought, I don't find Flor de Café at all, but mainly chocolaty.

To me the scent looks very sexy, challenging, "raw". Maybe because of the strong base notes. Or the chocolate. I have seen the association of chocolate fragrance and sex in the composition of perfume more than once. Perhaps also the flower absolues, which also have a very sensual effect on me. Anyway, for me the scent is like a subtle message that you present yourself as a sex object, but not in an intrusive way, but a pleasant "mmh, something smells so pleasant here, I want to get closer there, want to sniff more of it" - way.

The Sillage is much too intensive in the beginning. With only half a mini spray on the wrist, the perfume spreads out over several metres. However, this megamäßige Sillage settles quite fast (so after a quarter of an hour). After that, it is appropriate, though still strong. I would prefer a slightly closer to skin.
You definitely smell the quality, it smells very natural. This can be seen in the fact that the perfume is orange like the essential oil of orange - so beware of white clothes! That'll stain!

Would I wear it? Hmm. I'm not sure. If I did, it would only be a drop on my wrist, more would be too conspicuous and "too sexy" for me. I wouldn't know any opportunity either, I'm on the road rather uncomplicated. In any case, it is not an everyday perfume, but something extraordinary.
Flor de Café is beautifully harmoniously composed. It is a very warm, delicious fragrance full of spices.

And I as a sinusitis-plagued person, with which the sinuses with Synthetik-Mief immediately close, am very glad that there are the Neuffer perfumes.

by Centifolia
by Centifolia
by Frlsmilla
by Frlsmilla

Popular Annette Neuffer

Stardust by Annette Neuffer Per Fumum: Ambra Luminosa by Annette Neuffer Maroquin by Annette Neuffer Avicenna by Annette Neuffer Chocolat Irisé by Annette Neuffer Tabac Santal / For Him by Annette Neuffer Avicenna Myrrha Mystica by Annette Neuffer Hepster by Annette Neuffer Mellis by Annette Neuffer Flor de Café by Annette Neuffer Per Fumum: A Sanctified Rose by Annette Neuffer Narcissus Poeticus by Annette Neuffer Avicenna White Rose & Oud by Annette Neuffer Divincarnation by Annette Neuffer Elixir Solaire by Annette Neuffer Arabica by Annette Neuffer Honeysuckle Rose by Annette Neuffer Sonnet 18 by Annette Neuffer Rosa Alba by Annette Neuffer Narcissus Orientalis by Annette Neuffer