Mellis by Annette Neuffer

Mellis is a popular perfume by Annette Neuffer for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Annette Neuffer

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Lime, Bergamot, Clove, Cinnamon, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Turkish rose otto, Jasmine, Tobacco, Davana, Rum
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tahitian vanilla, Cocoa, Tonka bean, Indian sandalwood, Sumatra benzoin, Beeswax

Submitted by Centifolia, last update on 14.06.2019

10.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Polyanthes
A must try for classic oriental lovers. ...
This is great! A rich and beautifully blended Oriental. The ‘mellis’ accord is one of the original perfumer's blends used to build classic orientals such as Youth Dew and Opium. Everything in here is smelling seamless to me, although beeswax and patchouli are noticeable in the opening. As it dries down I smell the cocoa and citrus mingling. Taken as a whole this perfume has a warm, spicy amber character with carnation and a sprinkling of tobacco.
This reminds me very much of one of my favourites, Miller Harris Fleur Oriental although Mellis is more rich, natural, has a discernible cocoa note and is a little more juicy. There are shades of Shalimar in here too, although I’m not picking up any leather at all.
Mellis is an excellent and very beautiful example of an all natural oriental and one I would love to have in my wardrobe.
A must try for Classic Oriental lovers.
Edit 28/4/18 - I'm wearing this again today and having said all of the above, this is not really like anything I have smelled before, this is much better; the most wonderful natural materials in the hands of a true artist have become something shimmering and opulent, something that feels like it is from a more benevolent, warm hearted place, an oasis to save me from the desert of synthetic chemical fall-out ~ my nose is spoilt forever in the best possible way and from now on I only want to smell perfumes that are truly beautiful ~ the rest of Annette Neuffer's creations are a great place to start.

Liisa 46 days ago
I completely agree with Polyanthes review. On me, the earthy tones perhaps play a little stronger ( clove, patchouli, benzoin).

by Kylesa
by Kylesa
by Centifolia
by Centifolia

Popular Annette Neuffer

Stardust by Annette Neuffer Per Fumum: Ambra Luminosa by Annette Neuffer Maroquin by Annette Neuffer Avicenna by Annette Neuffer Chocolat Irisé by Annette Neuffer Tabac Santal / For Him by Annette Neuffer Avicenna Myrrha Mystica by Annette Neuffer Hepster by Annette Neuffer Mellis by Annette Neuffer Flor de Café by Annette Neuffer Per Fumum: A Sanctified Rose by Annette Neuffer Narcissus Poeticus by Annette Neuffer Avicenna White Rose & Oud by Annette Neuffer Divincarnation by Annette Neuffer Elixir Solaire by Annette Neuffer Arabica by Annette Neuffer Honeysuckle Rose by Annette Neuffer Sonnet 18 by Annette Neuffer Rosa Alba by Annette Neuffer Narcissus Orientalis by Annette Neuffer