Étoile d'une Nuit (2019)

Étoile d'une Nuit by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Étoile d'une Nuit is a new perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Iris, Rose, Raspberry

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 31.10.2019

Smarter Damrnduft
I also think it smells really tasty and lasts very well all day and far into the night. He's got a little fruity powderiness. I was at an event for two days and was asked about the scent several times. I find him successful, not extremely unusual but very wearable because he radiates for me such a feminine sensuality in a pleasantly reserved way. Such a ladylike smart candidate, this lady wears a chic costume but also a worn out Bellstaff biker leather jacket, which sometimes runs barefoot, but also makes a great presentation in the office that sweeps everyone along. And in the evening she is the seductress in an inimitably stylish way. What I very well also I rate its long shelf life
5.0 5.0 8.0 5.0/10

Uninspiring Rose-Berry Lipstick
Etoile d'Une Nuit is very much in synch with the previous two entries of Oiseaux de Nuit series to my nose, especially with Tenue de Soirée, being a fruity gourmand perfume alluding lipstick with iris. The iris in Etoile d'Une Nuit is more starchy or doughy than creamy at times, and is accompanyed by a honeyed rose, strawberry and raspberry candies without any tart flavour of the real berries, and a caramelised resin undertone. As a result, it sometimes smells like a sweet fruity rosy waxy lipstic, and othertimes like a loaf of brioche bread with honey, rose and raspberry jam baked within.

The fragrance remains mostly the same and only becomes more and more abstract with time. Occasionally it also has a slightly plastic vibe to my nose, probably a combined effect of the starchy texture of iris and the overall artificial berry sweetness. It has a moderate sillage during its 9-hour wear on me.

Overall, I find Etoile d'Une Nuit mostly coherent with this new line of Annick Goutal, a gourmand not awfully saccharine, but not anything innovative or sophisticated either. Personally speaking, there are other lipstick-themed perfumes that I find are either more refined or with more character, and not necessarily more expensive. Therefore, I would not particularly recommend it as a first choice.