Grand Amour (1996) Eau de Parfum

Grand Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Grand Amour (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-green. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Top Notes Top NotesHoneysuckle, Hyacinth, Lily, Turkish rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesBroom, Indian mimosa, Jasmine, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Myrrh, Vanilla

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 04.03.2019

4.0/10
Lovely but indolic
Grand Amour is a grand perfume in classic style. I've only owned a couple Goutals but they all had a tell-tale consistency to them - they are clear, for lack of a better term, no matter what they are. This one is clear as well, but it also is a bit indolic.

Grand Amour is a grown up Petite Cherie! Hyacinth & honeysuckle blooming right next to fresh dog poo. Better as it dries but I can't get past the indolic elements of this perfume.

I do like Grand Amour for what it is, but it is not something that I would choose to wear.
5.0 10.0 5.0 9.0/10
An Elegiac Beauty
Grand Amour Conjours an Image of long slender fingers clad in Black leather gloves slowly
Caressing a Bouquet of white Lillies as she walked Solemnly through a Stone
Pathed heavily weeded almost derelict Sematary, I can Detect the Note of Iris
In Grand Amour It's cold sharpness A perfect Metaphor for her tears gently
streaming under her Diaphanous black Veil Or Angel statues made of
Marble soaked after an Autumn rain Reveled in it's scent of musty Asphalt,
The Red rose's Blood pouring out from it's sinuous Petals drained of color
Leaves a Deepy Spicy aroma Leads her to a Tombstone of a Long forgotten 20's
Matinee Idol, frozen in time at the age of 31 A small black and white photograph with a Gold edging Fashioned in a Oval A Swarthy Handsome Man
Slender Hair Combed Back almost with a Leather Glisten, round Bedroom eyes
Of Dark Brown Gazed upon her in a trace she fell in lust for him so she
gently raised her veil Revealing her pale Alabaster Placed the Already soaked Bouquet of Lillies on the ground and slowly kissed His tombstone, Leaving a
Lipstick Stain of Aubergine, When it started to rain she opened her Umbrella
and as she was Walking though the Pouring rain she heard a Beautiful Hymn coming from a nearby Church MEMORARE, O piissima Virgo Maria, Tears Again
Filled from her eyes as she walked farther away from the Semetary.

Grand Amour & L'heure Bleue are Sisters of Melancholic Perfumes.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10
I bring you flowers
Green floral is my favourite category. I like my flowers with the leaves, drops of water and soil in the roots. Grand Amour is one of this pretty green florals that are lacking the mud and a bit of foliage, but on exchange, it has a soulful beauty.

Grand Amour starts with hyacinth. Of all the flowers of the basket, is this gorgeous persian prince the one that stands out, and this note is very realist. As a devoted and faithful hyacinth lover, this opening already conquered me. I keep smelling with fear, i dont want it to go, or to evolve into something else. Luckily for me, it lasts and stays through the fragance.

The hyacinth is not alone at all. Watery lilacs and strongly scented lilies of the valley unfold and shine across the hyacinth waxy blue flowers, fresh and heady; overgrown,long, honeysuckle vines drip its nectar drops. It is very luminous, happy, vivacious. The flowers are breathing and feeling, they give the impression of really be trying their best to be liked, hoping you will like them.

A generous heart of rose pervades and hold together the flower notes, motherly.

Grand Amour is so unaffected is moving, and i understand when they say this is Annick´s declaration of love to her husband. It is lively and fresh, and as it gets warmer (which is an illusion of jasmine, almost unnoticed), Grand Amour gives itself up in such a humble and sincere way i am only thinking in giving it to someone i love.

Said that, Grand Amour is not modern or edgy. Maybe such a sensitive soul doesnt belong in today´s asphalt and steel world. The tenderness evolves into a drydown that i didnt like. As the flowers ripe and fade, we have a warm soft vanilla on a leather and musky base that doesn´t match the lush vernal sensuality of the top and middle stages, since it feels...austere. This base is what i feel most dated and uninteresting.

I wasnt expecting to like it so much, though, so it has been a great surprise.
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Voluptuous Floral Green--not a contradiction in terms...
Love is in the air, Annick Goutal GRAND AMOUR, to be precise. I was looking for love in what was supposed to be an oriental perfume, but I found it instead in this voluptuous floral green.

GRAND AMOUR opens big and flowery: dark jasmine, heavy lily and dewy honeysuckle mingle together initially, and as the composition settles down, green grassy hyacinth erupts in billowy clouds of sillage that keep traveling up my neck to my nose, as if to remind me over and over again that I really am wearing perfume, not just another frag.

At long last, I finally understand the enthusiasm of so many AG fans. Very glad that I did not dismiss this line after three strikes, else I would have missed this. Looking back, from my new exalted vista, having seen the Annick Goutal light after traveling so long and so far through dark tunnels in the night, I recognize that it's quite possible, in fact, that the first couple of samples I tried were insipid reformulations...

GRAND AMOUR, rest assured, is the real thing!
Leather & Roses
It starts with a beautiful rose
but after a few seconds comes the lethear
and kills it for me.
Might be my skin chemistry
, the weather
or simply the leather.
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10
Dolby
A Hyacinth by any other name
A wonderful hyacinth soliflore.
Everything else fades in the background, but you know, somehow, that there is more there.
The other notes are subtle, and together, they enable the star of the show to shine.

This is a very creamy and intoxicating juice.
It is soft but also powerful, heady and uncannily true to life.
This EDT is a beauty.
5.0 7.5 5.0/10
A somewhat acquired taste
Grand Amour, is in my opinion, quite distinct when compared to Annick Goutal's other fragrances.

There's something oddly green in this composition. It's pretty and feminine in a different way than what I'm used to. I can sense an abundance of watery lillies, green grass, honeyed leather, sweet mimose and jasmine, and a slightly chemical vanilla. In other words, a very unique green floral.

Well unlike other reviewers, I don't find this fragrance too heavy or too chaotic. I rather like its quirky little characteristics. I'm rather enchanted by its natural Spring-like freshness.

Like Ninfeo Mio, Grand Amour makes me think of a garden, a luscious green one. As it develops further there's a subtle soapiness and a touch of metallic coldness.

In the drydown there are occasional wafts of rich amber and vanilla, however on my skin, Grand Amour remained pretty and green. This fragrance is not really an oriental in my humble opinion. Well, certainly not oriental when compared to Goutal's Les Orientalistes series.

I can't say that this is my favourite fragrance from this beloved house of mine, (Passion still reigns supreme, shortly followed by Heure Exquise), but for what it's worth I haven't managed to dislike an Annick Goutal fragrance yet, (touch wood). Grand Amour just goes on to prove that this is an unstoppable house with such a variety to choose from.
Deep scent
It opens with a woody rose. The rose soon fades and allows the woodyness with leather to shine through.

This was my first venture into the world of Annick Goutal. Strangely the whole time I felt like I was wearing someone else's perfume. It never felt like it was mine. Somehow it tried to make me uneasy so i would give it back to its owner.

Nice and very deep, but it never loved me as I thought it might, or loved me Grand!

by Rosaviola