Musc Nomade by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Musc Nomade is a perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is woody-powdery. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Top Notes Top NotesAmbrette seed, Muscone, White musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesLabdanum, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesIndian wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.12.2018

Omni
Can't win, don't try (Bart Simpson)
Boiing! The mightly gong of Rank Organisation reverberates, the movie begins. Musc Nomade is a huge brass gong going off
"This is why I wear perfume" …oh, and to read jtd's review that cannot be bettered, so I won't try
2.5 5.0 5.0 8.0/10
Tender lactonic musk
This is a wonderful unisex-musk from Annick Goutal. Very wearable, very pleasant, quite nice in winter, because it wrapps the wearer into a soft, warm cloud of well-being. Tender musc notes are mingled with lactonic chords leading to a sweet dessert-like dry-down. Not cloying or annoying, one of the best musks around.
jtd
Durable and lasting. A 100 ml bottle should last 17 years in daily use.
I always wonder about this one. It’s made with a large serving of muscone, a musk with high molecular weight. Apparently the musks to which people are anosmic are these large ones. What does this smell like to them? To me it’s lovely.

My take on MN is that it has the softness and rounded fruity sweetness of the non-threatening wing of musk fragrances, “white musks, “ but also the complexity over time that the beastier musks have. This is more baby skin than rank armpit. There is a little of the waxy quality common to some musks, but the note that really fixes itself to the sweetness is the booziness. Booze and baby-skin. If that’s not enough complexity, consider therapy.

Once into the basenotes, MN wears close to the skin but also loses some sweetness, becoming a bit woody. MN’s drydown has a long trajectory and traces of woody berry sweetness drift up to your nose 12 hours after applying it. I love that this has the happy-happy angles of the clean musks, but the complexity-without-skank of the heavier musks. I keep wedging MN between the two ends of the musk spectrum that I’m positing, and I shouldn’t. If anything, the center area that MN seems to occupy shows that moderation can be a smart and definitive choice and not just a compromise.

A great scent for SoCal dry summer nights.
9.0/10
Sultry and seductive
Musc Nomade is a sultry and seductive fragrance. As it warms on the skin it blooms and exudes all its alluring qualities. The tonka bean and labdanum really give the fragrance its character. From the labdanum there is a resinous, incense quality with just a slight hint of smokiness, like a snuffed candle. Very slight. Then the tonka bean adds its slightly sweet vanilla and honey notes. Everything is well balanced and blends into a cloud-like sillage that envelopes you with just a spritz or two.

Now, after all that high praise I must confess to something rather odd: Musc Nomade makes me sick.

I have an extreme sensitivity to musk of this variety. My ears ring, I get headachy, dizzy and even slightly nauseous. I’ve had the same reaction to similar smelling musks used in Musc Ravageur and several Serge Lutens fragrances. However, as you can tell from my description in the first paragraph, it’s certainly NOT because of the smell! I strongly suspect it’s a matter of transdermal absorption rather than a respiratory issue. So, while Missk wrote about her anosmia to musk in her review, I’m apparently on the other end of the spectrum and hypersensitive to it. I wish it wasn’t the case because I liked Musc Nomade enough that I wore it a few times. Unfortunately, I’ll never wear it again.

If you’re a lover of musk based fragrances and haven’t yet tried Musc Nomade, don’t let my personal experience put you off. This really is an alluring fragrance. I just wish I could actually wear it.
5.0 7.5 6.0/10
Gentle muskiness
Musk is a note that I am unfortunately anosmic to. Every now and then I capture wafts of it, but as soon as it appears, it's gone again.

Musc Nomade, from what I have managed to smell, is a nice blend of musky woods and milk. It's more soothing than anything else. I would probably wear Musc Nomade as a bed-time scent, as it is something that would keep me feeling snuggly and warm.

This fragrance isn't as spicy or as oriental as I expected it to be. Musc Nomade is the tamest of the four in the Les Orientalistes series, yet no less superior.

Clean and pretty, there's a sense of sensuous silkiness that pleases me greatly. For those that hold Narciso Rodriguez in such high esteem, should experience musk at its very best as it is represented in this fragrance.

I want to say animalic musk, however I refrain from doing so, because while it is sexy, it doesn't seem like the perfect remedy to rouse up the beast inside of us. For that fact alone, Musc Nomade is categorised by me as being a clean, white musk with a touch of woods.

However you perceive this fragrance, you are sure to agree that this is a wonderful interpretation of musk, having a wonderful versatility to be worn by both men and women alike.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10
Tidy veldt
Musc Nomade is another interpretation of „Withe Musk“ which is a collective term for the kinds of musk, that take soft, creamy and clean (but not necessaryly and rather undesirably soapy) effect on the bright side of musk.
For starters it opens however with a quite sharp and brusque musk of the animalistic kind, consanguineous to my favorite musk „Kiehl´s Original Musk Blend“. As irritating as this clear, but very clearly anti-creamy musk is in the beginning, it lasts for only short time and soon takes big steps on the way to the creamy and soft musk-territory.
The name „Musc Nomade“ is well chosen: Ideas of a wide and open country with dry shrubs, sand and stone under a burning sun and in the same time cold wind are answered by a certain naturalness, a kind of brittleness and a somehow straw-like note. Not hay (too grassy), but actually straw; I cannot name the note or accord responsible.
Even the nature of human nomadism is sort of sniffable in MN: Unsettled and moving, but not in the slightest way jittery or fussed is this musk-note. It does not rest too long, but develops and changes constantly, without harsh character alternation or uneasy bustle.
There is lots of creamyness, the typical musk-clearness, a pale and dusty soft-rosa and a super-tiny whiff of something fruity. With the base even more creamyness and a spot of sweetness of tonka bean and a dry and warm woodyness lay under the calming and finally down-settling musk.
The sillage is not very strong, in the same time the longevity is good. You should spray LOTS of it, but then you will rejoice in a high-grade musk fragrance.
Decidedly unisex, suitable through the whole year and all sorts of weather, this fluffy soft musk opens a clear and tidy, far wide, cloudless sky where a bracing wind is coming up.

Hermesh 3 years ago
Dry grass-woody, slightly sweet cleanliness.
Unobtrusive, quite pleasant and brave.
6.0