Ninfeo Mio by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Ninfeo Mio is a perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Sicilian lemon, Citron, Bitter orange, Fig, Galbanum, Lemon tree wood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.06.2019

8.0 5.0 6.0 1.0/10

Yuck - Never again
Hello, after reading the mostly positive comments, I was quite curious about the fragrance, especially since the lemony ingredients are very much in my direction - I thought.

In the beginning a slightly fresh note was noticeable, very short, very light. Then came an artificial, quite pungent smell that was difficult to put into words and that settled down. After some time I had the feeling to be squeezed into a coconut, while a cheerful monkey enthusiastically drums around on it and swathes of coconut smell pushed themselves into my nostrils. A pungent, unpleasant coconut-like smell, which had nothing fresh, nothing green and nothing pleasing at all, but was only boring and penetrating. I don't know whether fig or galbanum smells like that, for me it stank and I had trouble washing it off, because it is already durable.

Never again. I really think that's where the divorce comes in. I love Annick Goutal's "Eau d'Hadrien", the "Eau du Sud" is not bad, a bit too bitter. But this was for me a smell, with which one is annoyed certainly by nobody ;-) - at least the way he smelled at me
8.0 6.0 6.0 9.5/10

Lights Forest
This scent comes and goes and does what it wants. He changes his shades and has an iridescent being all day long.
Goutal's scents are taken here quite polarizing. I'm sure they never are: boring and impersonal. All fragrances have at least interested me so far and many have inspired me.
Ninfeo Mio is a fragrance that has something very personal for me. I keep coming back to him and still don't like to call him signature scent. But somehow he lacks significance. Yet it has substance in all its freshness and volatility.
I smell more forest than meadow: a dark green transparency. It is not a light green scent. After all the warm fig and citrus freshness (which never has anything to do with the dreaded detergent note!), there remains a base of slightly bitter forest honey with a minty undertone. Nuit Etoilee's little sister? The exciting thing about Ninfeo Mio is the change between warmth and freshness. For me, an absolutely feminine scent. He will never be liked by everyone, he accompanies me and I am very happy about it!

1.0/10

Too Masculine, With Sweet Dry Down
I adore the unisex HERMES UN JARDIN DE MEDITERRANNE, especially the notes of red cedar (that don't stay on the skin as long as I'd like), so I was really looking forward to this scent, as a hopeful alternative with better longevity. To my nose, ANNICK GOUTAL'S NINFEO MIO is far too masculine, and yet, the dry down is far sweeter, not nearly as green as Hermes Un Jardin. My husband was not a fan. This isn't a sexy female nor pretty girly scent, nor clean... too sweet for a male, too much fig for a woman.

Mind you I love unisex scents for women, in particular, I'm enjoying Creed's Virgin Island Water (coconut, tropical) and Atelier Vanille Insensee (very different from one another).
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Milky Figure
If you want green and like the idea of fresh lemony green roots, leaves and the feel of sun warmed earth under the fig trees I'd say try Ninfeo Mio.

It is really like sitting in the ninfea garden.
Not for everyone made but it turns and grows on me the longer it stays on my skin. The fig leaves dominate after the first hour of not to citric Lemons in the start. Magical Stuff! In the end it is a very light woody scent in the drydown.

It has to grow on me this special Eau de Toilette (50€ /half price in Germany for 100ml). Will update my impressions soon.

Scent: 7/10
7.5 10.0/10

Like a Reversible Bikini
"Ninfeo Mio" makes me think of a reversible bikini. Only in this case, I am thinking of the weather. Something has to turn, to make it all fit.

In hot weather, the fragrance has a delightful citrus and verbena aroma, fresh and sour, green and a little herbaceous. In the base, it is subtly woody and smoky.

In cold weather, it does not smell quite as good, it seems rather one-dimensional on my skin. I can smell vetiver - and that is all. Although I like this note, it often seems too bitter and masculine.

So, with a spirit of adventure, yesterday I tried "Ninfeo Mio" with some layering. Layering it with "Eau de Fleur de Yuzu" brings out the citric note, even in nasty weather. But only very subtle and slightly sweet. This is a welcome feminine variation.

A layering combination with cocos also was convincing. To do this, I used "Virgin Island Water" by Creed. Now I can wear "Ninfeo Mio" on colder days, too.

Lastly, I want to mention the very good longevity. On me from morning to night, all I have to do is add these scents for layering.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Citrusy Green Fig
I had heard that Annick Goutal NINFEO MIO was this house's entry in the fig category, but I was not expecting so much complexity. This perfume opens with a lot of citrus and green, which I find quite refreshing. In some ways, the composition seems like a combination of both a green citrus cologne and a more standard greenish woody fig perfume drydown.

The fig is never overbearing, and there is so much more going on here that I'd recommend this creation to anyone who has become bored with some of the standard fig offerings. NINFEO MIO offers a unique and very pleasing collection of notes and smells splendid from opening spritz until the final trailing wafts of the smooth and clean woody fig tree drydown. This fully unisex creation is not a creamy perfume and lies closer to the green fig of Miller Harris than the coconut fig of L'Artisan Parfumeur.

I like it, I do!
9.0/10

Awesomeness
Lovely Green Garden & No Flowers!
I have been searching high & low for a green scent to call my own, and Ninfeo Mio rings all the right bells. It just on the femme side of unisex. It's also NOT a floral bomb, NOT a oakmoss beast, and NOT a balmy resin ... which IS what most green scents are all about ... and why I don't wear them.

It's very difficult to classify Ninfeo Mio, because it's not a typical feminine. It seems to be an aromatic, with it's fleeting citrus opening and leafy heart. As it dries down, I get more woods -- I can sense a tree ... the twigs, the branches, maybe even a little bark. I also get a watery accord, not the dry impression that others report.

Overall, Ninfeo Mio lives up to its namesake as a formal garden, complete with lush hedges, fruit & nut bearing trees, and water features, which is also a way to say that it's not a flower garden. For floral-phobs, I would say this scent is a must-try.

Like most AGs, I find the sillage to be minimal and the longevity less than stellar. Given the uniqueness of this fragrance, I forgive it. I often have trouble wearing cedar & lavender accords in masculines, but I have no trouble with this scent.

HINT: Seek out this rectangular bottle which is typically used for the masculines, rather than than the pretty AG bottles typically used for the feminines, and you will save some cash. ;)
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Green, mossy and incredibly unique
Ninfeo Mio, is quite possibly the most natural smelling scent I have managed to come across. The greeness that is experienced in this particular fragrance, smells like that of a thriving vegetable garden.

If you don't like particularly earthy or bitter green scents, Ninfeo Mio probably won't delight you. I honestly couldn't imagine myself wearing such a scent, however I am very drawn to Ninfeo Mio. I find it very appealing and in some ways, pretty.

The citrus opening is more tart than sharp and sour. I initially detected a tomato-like note hidden in the composition, that made me think of freshly cut vegetables.

Lavender is what tends to give Ninfeo Mio that unisex and aromatic touch in the heart. The whole composition is quite astounding in the way that it's dry rather than wet.

In the drydown I swear that I can smell smokey incense. It has a very exotic garden temple feel to it. Every now and then I have to remind myself that Ninfeo Mio is a perfume and not just my natural surroundings.

The lasting power is amazing and the sillage rather commendable. Because this fragrance is so unusual, I don't believe that everyone is expected to like it. Ninfeo Mio, is in my opinion, is an excellent example of a green, herbaceous scent done to perfection.

Alex1984 13 months ago
An absolutely stunning fig scent; the whole tree shines under a clear blue sky by a cascade. Simple and elegant beauty, just like old times!+4
10.0