Nuit Étoilée (2012) Eau de Toilette

Nuit Étoilée (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Nuit Étoilée (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-green. It was last marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Isabelle Doyen

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Peppermint, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesFir balsam, Siberian pine
Base Notes Base NotesAngelica, Everlasting flower

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.05.2019

5.0 8.5/10

Stanze
By bicycle through the night
In France I lived in an area with little light waste. One kilometer from the village of 110 souls. In moonlit nights the moon was so bright that one could certainly have read in its light. But even with a new moon, the stars still shone brightly. Much brighter than I'd ever seen before. When it was cloudy, it was darker than in the light garbage areas (here it never gets dark). When I went to the village by bicycle after work, I returned in the dark, except in summer. The relative darkness under the thick lamp of the moon or the bright sparkling stars. The air was clear or perhaps a little damp and smelled of plants. I drove past the fields in a buoyant mood and was in no hurry. In front of me on the road the forest mice jumped away and jumped into the ditch at the Bocage. Sometimes I saw or heard a barn owl or an oddball. When I saw the sparkling stars, I thought of my dearest one, who in distant Germany might have just been looking into the starry sky.

Nuit Étoilée is a slow, calm fragrance. Fresh-green-sweet-spicy. Fresh and sweet are actually opposites. But the contrast works very well for Nuit Étoilée. Peppermint is clearly present and reminiscent of Goutal's Mandragore, admittedly. But the fir balsam is also very present and distinguishes the two fragrances quite a bit. There is still similarity in the top note, but practically no more after the heart note. Nuit Étoilée perfectly evokes a starry evening in rural Normandy. With trees standing around somewhere already.

Nuit Étoilée also works in winter. We're having winter right now. Spring and autumn anyway. I don't know if it's any good in summer. I might. I'm sure you can wear it at work. I'm going to test this. In the evening, of course. I wear it now in my spare time and I can definitely do that. I believe that Nuit Étoilée can be worn by women and men, but I wouldn't be surprised if it generally goes down better with women. I am old (over 50). So I guess it's better with older people. At the young people who surround me at work, I cannot imagine it.

The durability is unfortunately not so famous. But you can spray it after. The projection is sufficient. If you are not in a hurry, you should try Nuit Étoilée.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

bottled nature
"Enjoyment in nature and solitude" indeed. I tend to veer away from scents with accords listed with green, citrus and aromatic together as many don't last above a couple of hours on me and I have to stick my nose to my skin to smell anything. However this scent keeps being recommended and I decided to go against my prejudice. Thank goodness I did! OK so I don't picture star-filled dark blue night skies (that's very much Vol de Nuit or L'Heure Bleue territory), but I totally am feeling the nature walk and the pure, pure air, the glorious fresh pine scent that sadly left me cold in Serge Lutens' Chypre Rouge. The pine here is practically joyful if a smell could be considered as such. The sweet mint and citrus notes are just as cheerful a note in this. The sillage is rather quiet for me (but I am rather fond of loud monsters of the Amouage kind)but the longevity is acceptable, around 6 hours now and I can still smell it pretty well around me. So if you are looking for this exact description: cool scent of woods and enjoyment in nature and solitude--> do try this scent. You will not regret it.

Nuit Etoilee
This is quite beautiful! On my skin I smell the mint, pine and citrus notes the most. I'm not usually a big fan of things that smell of mint but the mint in this is so refreshing. They sure named this fragrance right. It reminds me of a cool summers night where the air is fresh and picks up hints from the forrest. The scent smells "expensive" and I'm sure the ingredients within are high quality. I also have to mention the bottle. It matches the scent. Very lovely indeed. My only complaint is that the EDT version sits very close to the skin and doesn't project very well. It seems very light. Maybe the EDP version is stronger? I'm not sure. It's not enough to deter me but I thought it was worth mentioning. Bottom line, I absolutely love Nuit Etoilee and I'm sure this is going to become one of my absolute favourites! Classy with a capital "C."

winter wonderland
This is just so beautiful. this one brings me straight into winter wonderland. whit crisp snow. Cold air.a walk in the forest just breathing in all the beauty off this presuos moments off peace . joy and happines being out and free off all burden.. A realy calming fragrance for shure.. This i just new i wanted a bottle off as soon as i tryed it. I did not think in a million year that this looking at the note whit pine and al would be somthing for me.. boy was i wrong.. This is the moste exciting experiance i have had white a fragrance in a long longe time .. I was just blown away by its beauty ;) .
Yes i had to try it a few time thinking can this realy be true ,is it to masculin.. do i realy want somthing like this whit this notes .. And all my heart an soul sayed yes .. i retested and retested his and could not get enough off it;)
A real gem at this time off year . whit cristmas coming up and for this moments you want to remember all the memorys off crisp winterdays and christmas times ;) Offcourse not everybody will feal the same do to different kind off memorys and such . but this to me hit home big time .
Want a bigger bottle off this for shure .. Bought a 15 ml but nead more ;)
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Starlight
I have read in some other perfume sites some rather negative reviews about this one... i assume the name can be misleading. With so many "noirs" and "nights" in the market, the own personal concepts each of us have on how "darkness" should smell like, might vary hugely, an so the expectations about the perfume.

Therefore i understand the frustration of some users who expected Nuit Etoilée to be a metaphorical interpretation of night (very intense, "dark smelling" ingredients, strong sensations) because they didnt find any of this in this Annick Goutal.

Indeed, Nuit Etoilée, i believe, is a naturalistic interpretation of night. The ingredients are selected to create a night atmosphere. And it works. Cool mint is a key ingredient, that suggest the chill of the air. And even if the mint is recognizable, it is not overpowering, and the sweet fir balsam, and a resinous pine, balance it, giving a true outdoors sensation. Not as much as the coniferous trees steal the spotlight. It is very balanced and natural smelling. Cold night air in contrast to the residual heat of the wood´s floor. The scent reminds me to a warm stone that gets wet when it starts raining.

Night indeed doesnt have to be scary or ominous... this unusual woody-balsamic-aromatic fragance is for those nocturnal beings who find in the solitude of the night a friendly shelter.

Mystery on Air
What a mysterious scent this is indeed. I have not been much to Mint, Pine and Fir, but in here.. these are so well blended, so beautifull way.. I can not describe it. I used to take them to be more notes of men scents, but in here .. wow, very much suitable also to ladies. Deep and mysterious. This night scent I do love.
7.5 10.0 7.0/10

Citrus, Conifers and Cracking Cones
I've had the pleasure to test this in avant-premiere at my local luxury perfume shop and I'm wearing Nuit Etoilee on my wrist as I speak.

I can tell it's a beautiful, fresh, nature-inspired fragrance that on my skin develops into a bit more citrus (lemon in the forefront) rather than fir or pine. The conifers are there too but they keep in the immediate background and together with a very leafy mint (definitely not the toothpaste type here), they bring an authentic outdoorsy air to the composition. There's also a specific dryness that's apparent as the perfume dries down, that's none other than my lovely friend the immortelle flower. Works very nice in here.

Overall, this is a beautiful, cool night in a forest indeed, I do get the cracking cones metaphor in this scent (something crisp, woody, dry), but there's also a lot of citrus going on that turns it into a very summery scent.

Nuit Etoilee is perfect for hot weather, perfectly unisex as well. It's very beautiful, but I still think I prefer Ninfeo Mio for my citrus, woods and nature fix :)

TapirMedard 8 months ago
Nothing like the fougere of exceptional beauty. Despite my dislike towards the fresh aromas, this Night captivated me.+1
Hajuvana 3 years ago
For once a mint opening that is beautifully realistic! 'Green' is the key, as it dries down to a walk in the woods, only a tad too sweet.+2

by HsChen