Nuit Etoilée (2013) Eau de Parfum

Nuit Etoilée (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Nuit Etoilée (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Citron, Sweet orange, Peppermint, Fir balsam, Immortelle, Iris, Amber, Siberian pine

Submitted by Kirthi, last update on 13.10.2019

8.0 4.0 8.0 8.0/10

Slightly Deeper Version of th Original EDT
Upon application, Nuit Étoilée EDP has a deeper ambiance and the mint and the citrus are less prominent than in EDT. But overall they're very similar and it's really difficult for me to tell them apart. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is just excellent, 12h+. Since the EDT already has a pretty good longevity on me, I'm going to stick with my EDT and save myself some extra bucks. But for those who have difficulties with perfume longevity in general, EDP is a good option to experience this wonderful fragrance and it worths the price totally.

Glamping
I associate the mint with penny royal, crushed underfoot on a walk, releasing its fragrance momentarily. I was unprepared for the creamy Jaffa likeness to Elixir des Merveilles, or following on by association to Terre D'Hermes (JCE describes Eau de Merveilles as the sister scent to TDH)

Now push those comments aside. The amber and Iris heart of Nuit Etoilee is what remains. If this is what camping under the stars is then I can only suggest that it's 'glamping' and the lackeys doing all the work don't smell at all like this! It's not overpowering even as an EDP. I want more of it. I want to apply in in the morning and keep it going all day. It's beautiful.....and different, and soft but refined. I don't find as much smoke in this as exists in Eau du Sud, which I am also fond of. A winner for sure.
7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Unexpected
From its very unusual notes, I wouldn't have expected Nuit Etoilée, starry night, to captivate me, but it has. The unusual doesn't always work, as we know, and for me, Iris is iffy indeed. One false step and I detest it in a fragrance. Not this time. Sniff, close my eyes and I am outside on a Balkan night, mint and citrus growing nearby, pine and fir. As I let a delicious piece of savory herb infused caramel (Immortelle's scent) melt in my mouth, I hold a single iris to my nose and look up at the stars. What a magical, strong and, in my experience, original perfume!

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
nicht nur unter Sternen ... auch in der Sonne eine würzige Verführerin - -  ;):)
by IrisNobile