Petite Chérie (1998) Eau de Parfum

Petite Chérie (Eau de Parfum) by Goutal / Annick Goutal

Petite Chérie (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and was released in 1998. The scent is fruity-floral. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Top Notes Top NotesMown grass, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesPear, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.09.2019

5.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Musty Peach
How have more people not mentioned the MUSTY smell in PETITE CHERIE? Yes, it has a girlish, flirty flounce, sure, in all that fruit. But it's very hard to miss the bookish dank musty library in this! Also, it doesn't last. Pure and simple as that.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Fresh, Fruity, Green, and Floral--all naturally so
Annick Goutal PETITE CHERIE is an excellent example of why people who fall for this house really fall for it. Everything is here in one package: freshness, fruitiness, greenness, florality. That may not sound so amazing in these days of lab-produced perfumes, but in the case of PETITE CHERIE, it all smells entirely natural and not at all abstract.

I suppose that the peach in this composition must be synthetic--that's what I've heard about fruit notes in general--but it smells fresh, like the fuzz of a fresh peach plucked from the tree. The peach has not been sliced open, and the sweetness is further contained by the significant greenness, summed up in the note hierarchy as "mown grass", which I interpret to mean "grass clippings". I myself do not find the green here to be as loud as the scent of just-mown grass--this is nothing like Robert Piguet FUTUR or any other grassy green perfume I've ever tried. Still, there is a greenishness, which I find to be about half-way between the scent of grass and that of hyacinth.

The flowers in PETITE CHERIE--to my nose, pink roses--are just as important as the peach and the green, but they, too, are gentle and blend in with the rest of the components to create a perfectly balanced perfume. Can there be a natural-smelling fruity-floral perfume? Apparently so, given the existence of PETITE CHERIE. (I should say, though, that this is very, very different from FERRE edp, which I recently reviewed and raved about as a sophisticated fruity-floral perfume.)

Despite the name, I do not find PETITE CHERIE to be juvenile in any way. It is friendly and has a sort of innocent or guileless quality to it, as there is nothing dirty or skanky whatsoever, and it's also not overly complicated. I find it endearing without being "cute". Perhaps the best expression to apply would simply be "effortlessly pretty". Think of a freshly washed face with the skin still moist from water and the cheeks slightly pink. That image matches my feelings about PETITE CHERIE.

Delectable, velvety softness.
Dainty, delicate and delicious. I enjoy this soft delectable somewhat reminiscent scent. I think it would be perfect for a new mother. The notes meet my nose and taste buds with velvety softness. Nice balance of fruit-flower. Fades away too quickly though.
5.0 2.5 7.0/10

Icekat
Bright pear and fields of green
It took me a while to finally get to testing Petit Cherie as for some reason I thought that it will be too childish for me. Well, I tried it this morning and I love it a lot. The fruits are done so right in this scent. They are natural, vibrant and beautiful. I was able to smell the sparkly pear without even looking at the notes, so I think it is the most noticeable in the composition joined by the delicious peach and just a touch of a rose. There is also a nice, luscious green note that I quite enjoy in this fragrance.

The scent smells like a lovely smile of spring, sunny and fresh. Petite Cherie is very happy and delicate perfume and I can see why Annick Goutal dedicated it to her daughter, Camille. This perfume will make a beautiful gift for young ladies or anyone young at heart. I just love how the sunny side of life is captured in this scent.

My only complaint is the lasting power. Unfortunately the scent disappears way too quickly for me.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Green, luscious andf natural fruits
It's easy to fall in love with a scent such as this. Classic yet simplistic, Petite Cherie has shown once again why I love Annick Goutal fragrances so dearly.

Although primarily fruit-based, with pear being the most notable accord, Petite Cherie proves to be quite refined and elegant, which are rare qualities in a fruity floral. I find the scent to be very rich and insanely addictive. My mother happens to love this fragrance with a passion, so it looks to me like I'll be buying her this for Christmas.

Petite Cherie is Spring and sunshine in a bottle. The refreshing pear note blended with rose, gardenia and peach makes this fragrance so very juicy and green, especially with the almost grassy-like note in the drydown.

Unfortunately, like many have stated, the lasting strength is very poor. I'm determined to find a giftset where a lotion and shower gel is included so that the scent should last a lot longer.

by RomanaFrangi