Songes (2006) Eau de Toilette

Songes (Eau de Toilette) by Goutal / Annick Goutal
Songes (Eau de Toilette) (Goutal / Annick Goutal)

Songes (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Goutal / Annick Goutal for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Frangipani, Tiaré, Jasmine sambac, Ylang-ylang absolute, Bourbon vanilla absolute, Benzoin, Patchouli, Cinnamon, Cumin, Black pepper

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.01.2019

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Uplifting beautiful perfume
I'm very glad I had the chance to get to know Songes edt . I had tried the edp and didn't like it as much as this version. On my skin it starts out full of sweet jasmine with some addition of tiare, not a dense thick jasmine scent but an airy cool bright scent of tropical white flowers. A few minutes after the stage is given to a blend of the previous with beautiful ylang ylang absolute. This middle phase lasts and lasts, evolving slowly to a comfortable drydown with vanille, spices and wood (not sure which but I would say it is a mixture of cedar with maybe a drop of patchouli).

White flowers+ylang ylang+ woody powdery vanille, slighly spiced.
Uplifting, long lasting and with a moderate sillage it is a very beautiful scent.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Take a hike on the Makiki and Nuuanu trails
didn't get as much of the white floral as other reviewers. It was more of a warm, yellow, smoothness. None of the sharp white floral I dislike.

The opening was full of Frangipani, Tiare Flowers with a touch of Vanilla. It was lovely. The Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang were soft backup singers, never getting to loud so that the Frangipani was the dominant note.

The overall mix of floral reminded me of the scent of the Nuuanu or Makiki trails on Oahu. It is the closest thing to true Hawaiian tropical I have found. None of the brass coconut, or suntan lotion thing many "tropical" scents have. This was the true tropics. Soft, warm, yellow floral, relaxed and calm. Nothing brash or loud. Just delightfully gorgeous.

I am definitely going to put this near the top of my must buy list.

Oct
2013
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Jasmine & Ylang bomb!
I’ve ordered a sample of this rare beauty in my search for a fume of that most elusive flower, Ylang Ylang. From the first application I was in floral heaven! I was hit with a powerful gust of Ylang Ylang overtaking my senses for about 20 minutes before Jasmine replaced it in the composition. The Jasmine note here is the indolic kind: Natural, unrefined, and sinfully voluptuous. The Vanilla Absolute joined in the sensual fray in the base notes, making this a Jasmine/Vanilla combo at its climax. This perfume reminds me of a graceful-looking woman adorned in a most conservative dress, who sits in a dim-lit restaurant, sipping her wine and gazing into her lover’s eyes. And yet the man across her can hardly sit still. Like a hungry cat who’s smelled a delectable piece of treat in an obstructed cupboard, he cannot wait to rush out of there and take her home, for he knows that she’s wearing a garter belt and no panties under her modest disguise... There is something absolutely erotic about Songes. My recommendation is: Try it at least once. You won’t find this kind of deceptive carnality everywhere.
Bottle 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10
Southern Cross
I have travelled widely in the South Pacific, this area that I call home. Please bear in mind that I see hundreds of reviews where Paris, London and Rome are a train ride away to those in heavily populated areas of the Northern Hemisphere. The reference base is different. I've never crossed the threshold of a proper perfume house and I buy my fragances online. I'm not being a jerk.
I know the scents of Noumea, Rarotonga, Tahiti, Fiji, Norfolk, and Lindeman quite well, not to mention Australia and New Zealand's bush and stopovers in Hawaii. Songes is the most complete tropical perfume I have encountered, so far. It would have been inconsiderate to wear Songes to 'South Pacific' (the show) as it is a powerhouse perfume but I can't think of a better fit. It is Fracas, South Pacific style, with the requirement of fresh air and good spatial proximity. The stabiltiy of the perfume commands total respect. This is a stellar fragrance, I give it the stamp of the Southern Cross.
jtd
banana
The mixed floral is a very particular exercise. For many, the term perfume implies floral, though for the connoisseur a mixed floral might be a cliché. Given the icons, Joy, No. 5, Amouage Gold, anything less than outstanding doesn't measure up. And given the ubiquity of floral scented functional products any floral perfume with less than a certain degree of sophistication or intention will be considered cheap. Forget the fact that any perfumer considering the challenge is haunted by the two classics: 'smells like soap', and unintended complement of appearing 'like an old lady'.

Songes focuses on the qualities of floral fragrances rather than storytelling. It is identifiably fruity, white, tropical. And while some call it a floral oriental, I consider it a woody floral. The house of the Goutal know florals, and their line shows a wide range of floral perfumery. In Songes they perfect the woody sub-genre. It's not just a floral that eventually dries down to woody basenotes. From the focused sweetness of the opening notes through the ambery-sweet, woody tones Songes remains taut and crisp without feeling uptight. It's fitted, and in this respect can be both sexy and formal simultaneously. Composure is Songe's defining attribute, and from its heady top to it smiling tightlipped base it never takes a wrong turn.

While smelling nothing like one, Songes is a sort of ripening banana in reverse. Expansive, bombastic, even dizzying at the start. A bit more subtle, starched, equally satisfying in the end.
Scent 10.0/10
Luxurious Floral
A rich, heady tropical floral, thick enough to swim in!

This swirls around you like a luxurious garment. I'm in love!
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Creamy White floral
This is a dream,a fragrant poem!
Creamy vanilla and white flowers.A mix of white petals under the sunshine :)
Frangipani,jasmine,tiare flower inside a romantic dream.""Songes"-Dreams!
What a wonderful inspiration!What a dreamy perfume!I love it!
Best sillage,longevity and bottle .100% rate in all!AAA perfume.
Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Sugary white floral
Songes is absolutely beautiful. One whiff of this fragrance and I really fell in love.

I had started off my love for Annick Goutal fragrances when I tried Passion, which just happened to be the first perfume from her house that I tried. From then on I have been continuously impressed by her array of floral fragrances. Songes was no exception.

As you may have guessed, Songes is very flowery, sweet, feminine and pretty. While Passion is more suited to special occasions, Songes wears well as a casual or daytime scent.

The scent itself is quite bright and sugary. Imagine a bouquet of fresh jasmine and frangipani blooms sprinkled with icing sugar and you have Songes.

This fragrance actually makes me think of a wedding. Not a particular wedding, just an image of a romantic celebration, and Songes could very well be a beautiful and fitting fragrance for such a day.

This fragrance has great lasting power, so those people that assume that Annick Goutal fragrances don't last, you should think again.

I knew even before testing this fragrance, that Songes would be undeniably hard to resist. If you love white florals or sweet scents, I highly recommend.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
A sunny afternoon's dream
For me, it was love at first smell. The richness of the luxurious Frangipani, combined with the exotic Tiare and hints of Ylang-Ylang opened as a joyful blast of dusty golden pollen that filled me with unexpected instant happiness. The jasmine and vanilla keep somewhat in the background and provide creaminess and warmth throughout the life of the fragrance.

Songes is a beautiful dream on a sunny Sunday morning, a happy, worry-free sleep in a soft bed with yellow flowered sheets. A cozy room in which the sun rays breeze in through white lace curtains. There's absolutely nothing dark about this fragrance, the oriental component is only here to bring it a honeyed quality and even more delight and pleasure.

I honestly didn't expect to like a predominantly floral composition to this degree, and yet I'm very much impressed with its beauty and dreaminess. Also, what a suggestive and alluring name it has.

by Boszka79