Hamarikyu Gardens 2009

Hamarikyu Gardens by Anthropologie
Hamarikyu Gardens is a perfume by Anthropologie for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is green-citrusy. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Green tea, Verbena, Lemon

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 08.01.2014.

Hamarikyu Gardens-Tea Lovers Delight In This Simple Potion
This is a nice, refreshing summer scent for me. I normally wear gourmands, orientals and chypres. This was given to me and I was pleasantly surprised.
It's not perfume that's going to knock anyone's socks off, by any means, nor will it get you noticed for leaving a trail of sexiness behind you. But if you'd like a scent that's slightly off-base in the refreshing category, this just might be for you. I'd suggest you might be a tea-drinker, tho, because this is a fragrance that does depend heavily on that note. First spray gives intense bergamot, which I love. It lingers for awhile until the green tea kicks in. I never thought I would enjoy the scent of green tea in a perfume, but mixed with the bergamot and the amber, it's a pleasurable steaming mix of refreshing tea that mixes with my skin to a delicious scent. Every now and then I get a hint of lemon to add to this brisk and energizing fragrance. Good for summer days, or when you'd like to wear a perfume out of the norm that's light and brisk. Lasts about 4 hours with minimal sillage. There are days when I want a perfume that isn't heavy, that doesn't make a big statement, that doesn't leave a huge trail behind me. But I always want to wear fragrance. I'm addicted to perfumes. This is one that fills that category. It's downright pretty. It's first spray is zippy and full of lemon. It reminds me of iced tea when the temperature isn't so hot. Heat brings the bergamot and amber out. It's rather linear as the notes of a not too sweet ice tea swirl around each other...lemon, amber, bergamot and tea. Refreshingly different, but not like a body splash refreshing would be. This is still a perfume that smells like tea, green tea to be exact. Each note comes out to play, after all, there are only a handful in Hamarikyu Gardens. Simple and to the point.

by Sorceress