Patchouli by Antica Spezieria Erboristeria San Simone

6.0 / 10     1 RatingRatingsRatings
Patchouli is a perfume by Antica Spezieria Erboristeria San Simone for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is green-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Leather
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss

Submitted by Angua, last update on 25.05.2018

8.0 7.0 7.0 6.0/10
Greatly helpful Review
Patchouli Variations
Scepticism creeps up on me before the test, because I often perceive Patchouli as a covering scent. As a result, many patchouli fragrances seem to me to be rather monothematic, other fragrances don't make it clear what I don't like so much. With this perfume, the case is a little different. The smell of patchouli determines this fragrance from beginning to end, but nevertheless it manages to evoke different associations through varying secondary notes.

Spraying does not stand in front of freshly excavated soil and you are not sent to the busy cellar. It smells friendly of air-permeable, spicy and slightly nutty patchouli. Later also a little bit after coarse suede leather and leather care products. I cannot recognize nutmeg, but I would think that a little lemon or tangerine resonates with it. For me "Patchouli" looks quite tame, mild and well tolerated.

My impression with the tame I may be stuck after a short time again. The perfume gets a pretty sharp, earthy-green twist. I'm printing around for terms like freshly excavated forest soil, mud swamp, green growth. Anything, it just doesn't smell like oakmoss. The term that solves all the questions comes from the other side of the couch. Tea tree oil. That's right, Mr. A. is right. "Patchouli" now smells of hot tea tree oil in combination with patchouli until its bitter end.

I like the first part of the fragrance, which I would classify as friendly Patchouli, the second part is a bit too special, bitter-green and musty. "I find "Patchouli" from the Sillage somewhat clearer, than the other smells tested so far. The shelf life is at least six hours and the perfume is perceptible as a skin scent for at least 24 hours.

by Angua