Tiempe Passate (1999)

Tiempe Passate by Antonia's Flowers

Tiempe Passate is a popular perfume by Antonia's Flowers for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral It is still in production.

Norbert Bijaoui

Amber, Bergamot, Clementine, Montauk Rose, Cedarwood

Submitted by Ripieno, last update on 09.06.2019

5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Disappointingly Generic
I'm surprised to find that Tiempe Passate isn't an oriental. I had just assumed that with such a name and a dominant accord of amber, this composition had to be rich and exotic. Instead, Tiempe Passate smells fresh and citrusy, dominated by clementine, with only the slightest hint of syrupy amber.

The packaging can mislead you into thinking that this particular fragrance is elegant, bold and expensive. It's pleasant and inoffensive, but nothing so spectacular as to turn heads. As much as I hate to say it, it feels casual on my skin. Kind of like a scent for weekends and days spent in-doors.

I agree with Sherapop and afartherroom, this does essentially smell like a bar of soap. The unisex kind of soap, with a touch of citrus and woods. So far, it smells lovely on the skin, but a tad generic and plain. I want to stand out, and Tiempe Passate doesn't want to follow in suit.

After a few hours wear, it is not the composition that I'm bothered by, but the weak sillage and fast fading longevity. I expected it to pack a bigger punch than that, seeming that the sample I'm using is labelled as an EDP. Tiempe Passate is quite possibly the softest fragrance by this brand.

The drydown, (if only it had it been stronger), is more to my tastes. My nose can detect soft cedar with a creamy hint of rose. The citrusy bergamot and clementine have all but vanished by this point, in turn focusing on the smoother aspects of the composition.

While I am not bitterly disappointed, I am feeling a little cheated. I had imagined so much more and had become victim to my high expectations. I'm afraid this fragrance is not one I can see myself wearing for a second time around.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Soapy Amber
Antonia's Flowers TIEMPE PASSATE is a very soapy amber perfume to my nose and on my skin. The soap is especially dominant in the opening and midstages. Eventually the composition becomes more of a light amber skin scent. The overall effect remains quite clean--while it lasts. I have to agree with other reviewers that the longevity of this edp is not very impressive, which is surprising since the edts I've tried from this house seemed fairly strong.

While wearing this eau de parfum, I was reminded a bit of Prada HOMME/AMBER, which is another soapy amber. But the soap in the two cases is quite different. In general, It think that soap notes are very tricky and there is no way of predicting whether one will be appealing or annoying, so I recommend trying TIEMPE PASSATE before buying even if you already know that you like soap, because you may or may not like this particular version. Some people have compared the scent to Dove, which seems about right to me.

Trucklady 130 days ago
Knitted quilt, comfort macaroni and thunderstorms at the height of winter. This scent belongs here. Only I understand its solace.
10.0