Kalemat

Kalemat by Arabian Oud

Kalemat is a popular perfume by Arabian Oud for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBlueberry, Aniseed
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosemary, Cashmere wood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amber, Sweet leaf

Submitted by EPHITELIUM, last update on 11.07.2019

Multiple fragrance notes are reported for this scent. See Parfumo Research for detailed information.

6.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

About cruises and souvenirs
My better half was last on a cruise with their mother. It went to the United Arab Emirates. And since she likes to suffer me against your expectations (she was on vacation without me!), she brought me this fragrance.
Why Kalemat? Because she likes it. And if she likes it, I can wear it. It's that simple. D

The packaging's a little something. The bottle is placed in a box that can be opened to the left and right. There's another box in there that resembles a book. The bottle is in this one. The whole thing is wrapped in ribbons. Beautiful, beautiful.

Well, packaging or not. It must be sprayed naturally!

The indicated blueberry rises directly into the nose. Nice thing! He reminds me in the first moment of Jubilation XXV of Amouage.
However, this changes quickly, because in my childhood I loved aniseed cookies. And this is exactly what I find here. A beautiful memory.
The scent is held together by not too sticky-sweet amber and honey(herb?).

He is an Oriental through and through, but for me he never seems as difficult as the usual suspects.

Rather, I catch myself accusing him of a certain lightness in the end.
A lightness that must reflect the life of the rich sheikhs in their airy garments, who only need to rest because of their ancestry (yes okay, maybe also because of clever decisions :P).
A lightness, as my better half must have felt on cruise without me! :D
5.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Schoork
The little Schoork wants to be picked up from the blueberry basin
What's the treat!!!!

"Little Schoork wants to be picked up from the blueberry basin"

He doesn't! He just wants to stay in there. He won't get out of there.
It smells too beautiful here of said berries, wrapped in a light anise note, which wraps each berry so finely, like a soap bubble.

I'm wallowing, no I'm floating. It's pure Orient. I've never really been there before, but so I imagine a smell in palaces there.
So my journey begins with Kalemat. I'm hard to enthuse, but this scent immediately fascinated me.
I got it as an encore from Nordique in the souk, to whom I would like to express my heartfelt thanks once again. Already the first time to sniff it was a WOW effect and I waited until it got a bit cooler with the test.

I can fully understand the comparison with semolina porridge with warm raspberry sauce as described below by Meggi. You feel at home, cozy and warm, familiar and incredibly comfortable. I already had this feeling once at the Eau de Baux.

It's like wearing a warm, soft sweater that doesn't scratch anywhere and you wrap yourself in it on cold winter days.

A little wood, musk and lots of amber will wear this fragrance in the next few hours. But not without losing his berries. Somehow it will be vanilla, even if there may not be one in it.

But he's never too sweet.

Is Oud in it? I don't know, but it has a slightly medical note when applied, which disappears quickly.

This is simply delicious and almost ideal for the winter.

We don't need to talk about durability either, it seems to be desert proven.

Then it doesn't have much course anymore, but that's ok, because I feel really well in my berry basin.

I am surprised that I am the first one after almost 2 years to write a comment to this wonderful fragrance. He deserves more and also much more attention.
But the whole thing has one drop of military courage, which is almost impossible to get anymore. Even the mentioned twins like 24 and Raghba not, only Oud Save the King, which at the beginning for me but actually smelled more like tea, but I could test him only on a cloth.
So if you read these lines, tell me, if the Atkinsons is very similar, that would interest me, he is already on my watchlist anyway.

#Berry #oriental #soft
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

Elite Oriental Scent
This is so good, intoxicating notes, well blended, it performs like a beast and super long lasting, you cannot get enough of it, sweet ambery base will get you many compliments.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

"the" perfume of perfumes
No words can describe this extraordinary perfume. This magical combination of notes are quite intoxicating. You want to smell yourself and taste you at the same time. Unique, magical, superb with a wonderful lasting power. I am astonished and surprised altogether. A miracle in a bottle. Bravo!!!!
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Lovely licorice!
After buying 'Kalemat Black' earlier this year in Saudi Arabia I was desperate to post a review for it and in the absence of a dedicated page I posted it here :). Said review has now been moved to the page it is supposed to be on and I can review 'Kalemat' here at it's rightful place.

I have mentioned in other reviews the discrepancy that exists between the two main websites for this House in how notes are listed so I won't get into that rant again LOL ... but in a twist of fate both sites list the pyramid for Kalemat in exactly the same way ...

Top: Bilberry, Anise
Heart: Rosemary, Kashmir Wood
Base: Musk, Sweet Amber, Honey Leaves

Not having a clue what a 'bilberry' is, a quick internet search reveals that this fruit carries aspects of Fig, Pepper and Black Licorice and in combination with the Anise in the top of Kalemat, I definitely get a sweet and slightly spicy vibe. The touch of Pepper here from the berries definitely lifts the Anise into a spicier place, which I rather enjoy, not being one for actually eating licorice.
There is definitely Rosemary present here and one would have thought that Cashmere (Kashmir) wood was more than likely attributed to Cashmeran in this fragrance, but it is not listed on the packaging. One of the aroma chemicals that is however, is Farnesol, which is present in many essential oils such as citronella, neroli, cyclamen, lemon grass, tuberose, rose, musk, balsam and tolu. It is used in perfumery to emphasize the odors of sweet floral perfumes. I obviously cannot be sure of the percentage contained in this fragrance, but there is an undeniable floral characteristic to Kalemat ... albeit extremely soft. Coumarin is also listed among the ingredients with it's addition being quite evident in the 'sweet, herbaceous, warm/spicy' feel it provides to the composition. The dry down here is quite 'woodsy', but sweetened up by the obvious vanilla contained in the 'Amber'.

In comparison, the two fragrances are definitely related with this one being a lot less 'in your face' than its kissing cousin Kalemat Black. Both are excellent and share pride of place in my collection of true Arabics.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Tarry gourmand par excellence
You know when people say "this perfume is truly intoxicating!"?
Well next time you hear this, do me a favour and tell them "Bullsh*t! you try Kalemat and then we'll talk again about intoxicating".

Because THIS is the real Mc Coy.

You put it on, and fumes that are both evil and devilish instantaneously assault you ... literally.
Full on.
Bam!
No joking.

This smells toxic and poisonous ... But deliciously so.
Think candied rose petals mixed with freshly prepared tar. All hot and smoky.
It gets to the back of your throat.
You can taste it.
R'Oud by Kerosene does the same thing.
Here, however, the effect is compounded with a sweet jammy rose, resulting in quite an extraordinary experience.
Wonderful projection and longevity.
Just fabby ;)

AmberScent 69 days ago
It does look like Lattafa Raghba. It really does! It has a very strong oriental amber note!+3
9.0

by Nasengourmet
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Arabian Oud

Kalemat by Arabian Oud Kalemat Black by Arabian Oud Khaleejiah by Arabian Oud Majestic Woody Intense by Arabian Oud Majestic Special Oud by Arabian Oud Woody by Arabian Oud Hayati by Arabian Oud Woody Intense by Arabian Oud Woody Style by Arabian Oud Resala by Arabian Oud Arabian Nights (Black) by Arabian Oud Majestic by Arabian Oud Kashmir by Arabian Oud Fairouz by Arabian Oud Majestic Platinum by Arabian Oud Almass by Arabian Oud Kalemat Musk by Arabian Oud Kalemat Wood by Arabian Oud The Sultan Blend by Arabian Oud Ghroob / Ghoroob / Mokhalat Al Ghoroob by Arabian Oud