Aramis Tobacco Reserve 2018

Aramis Tobacco Reserve by Aramis
Aramis Tobacco Reserve is a popular perfume by Aramis for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Tobacco leaf, Clary sage, Tonka bean, Blackcurrant, Nutmeg, Iris, Oakmoss

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 27.10.2020.

Savagely Sophisticated
What we have here, is a hidden gem. I didn't think much of Tobacco Reserve immediately after application, other than having the classic Aramis DNA. Which didn't last long before taking on a new identity. After a few minutes, I got serious Tobacco Vanille vibes... if Tobacco Vanille came out in the 80s, due to the considerable amount of oakmoss in the composition. I'm aware Aramis was released in '66, but came to be quite popular in the 80s.

Tobacco Reserve has its very own personality, with some familiar facets relative of Tom Ford or Spicebomb Extrême as some have mentioned. I say that confidently with both notes and quality in mind. I hate the term "beast mode", but I'll say it's savagely sophisticated.
Chizza
Gentle and only at the beginning sweet tobacco
I usually find tobacco exciting in scents and so I did not pass by here. In my eyes, Tobacco Reserve starts off very sweetly at the beginning, which would be too much for me if this went through. But it does not do so, because on the one hand it becomes less and less sweet or the sweetness bearable, on the other hand it remains unagitated here. The perfume is not obtrusive, but rather charmingly casual. Sure, at the grade it might be more environmentally friendly but that somehow raises Tobacco Reserve to a higher, more sublime level. In my eyes something for everyone who likes to smell tobacco in perfume but does not want to fall into the house with the door. Anyway, after two hours it gets rather harsh. Will find its place in my closet and be taken out from time to time.
Volker1964
A fine representative of tobacco scents
Aramis was previously unknown to me. I have become attentive here in the forum. I wanted a tobacco scent and I chose Aramis Tobacco Reserve.
From the beginning, one has a slightly sweetish, not too strongly spicy tobacco note. The tobacco note is pleasant and reminds me of pipe tobacco. The tobacco note becomes more subtle with time, but the fragrance becomes spicier and pepper is added. A slight fruity note is still discreetly present. I smell moss rather discreetly in the background.
Conclusion
A fine and subtle tobacco scent. Since it is not too strong / powerful, I carry it to work. Not a must have for me, but not bad either. A comparison with Spicebomb Extreme ? Spicebomb Extreme is for me a bang, a spice bomb of the very best kind, no comparison. Aramis Tobacco Reserve with emphasis on tobacco, Spicebomb Extreme with emphasis on spices, two completely different fragrances. My honest opinion.
The Gentle Beauty
I don't know why, but I really like that smell He has something sweet, something tobacco and something green.
No one component disturbs the other, because everyone stays in line.
The fragrance feels harmonious and orderly when you perceive it.
It pleases me again and again to see him also on my clothes which are lying around in the room since 2 days and wait to be worn again.
That pays off in terms of durability if it is still well noticeable on my T-shirt after 2 days.
It is a good all-rounder that can also be worn in spring.
Only at very hot temperatures it could get into a frenzy due to the heat so that it is inedible.
But all in all a "must have"

MasterLi
Sweet, Green, & Aged Tobacco blend...
This is a good tobacco fragrance. The house of Aramis has done this before, with Havana. Whereas that one was more spicy and green, this is more musty and sweet. I love the vanilla here and it balances with the dry, musty tobacco. The oakmoss, nutmeg and clary sage combined with the tobacco (and to my nose a vetiver note) gives this a dry, greenish tobacco quality. In terms of the dark, tobacco vibe mixed with vanilla-ish sweetness (from the tonka bean), it reminds me in the opening of Bvlgari Black, but only for an instant. From then on it develops into a very well blended grown up scent.

I do love the way that this is mature and it is dark and green but also sweet. I think this is a good addition to tobacco fragrances in general. This definitely fills a "green tobacco" vibe and it is a good choice for a developed nose I would say. I don't think this appeals to a very young designer audience but those who love tobacco and mature smells will like this.
SvenScent
The better extreme incense...!

A blind buy, I admit.

From the oldschool bottle, a mixture of tonka sweetness, fruit and tobacco first pours out, reminiscent of CK One Shock. This opening is not too bad, but for me personally it is a little too sweet. But very quickly after that the scent changes. The sweetness disappears almost completely, and instead a spiciness develops that I find unpleasant, dominated by extreme nutmeg. And this duo of tobacco and nutmeg, which reminds one intensely of incense sticks, becomes very close to the skin very quickly and the perfume does not change from now on. All that remains for hours is an unattractive herbal smoke.

For me a sloppily composed fragrance, without heart(note), let alone soul!
The better Spicebomb Extreme
This fragrance is certainly not one that everyone is familiar with.

Also the brand "Aramis" is probably only known to people who know something about perfume.
But doesn't mainstream mean just as bad?

The answer is very clear: NO !

With this fragrance, Aramis has probably released the best fragrance I have bought in a long time. Now I wear it almost every day in winter and it never gets boring because it is something special that you can't smell on every corner like One Million or Sauvage. The scent of fresh tobacco leaf and nutmeg, as well as tonka bean and currant is simply world class. And the best thing is that the perfume is available for an unbelievably good price in a department store that has already been mentioned several times in the statements.

For me the best winter perfume currently available for men. For this price you can't get anywhere near as good a perfume on the market.

Of course, Spicebomb is mainstream and is heavily pushed by many (including Pirouette Man) on YouTube and Insta, etc., but the scent is just too sweet and can be described as a cinnamon-vanilla bomb. Aramis goes a different way here and creates a winter scent that is much more classy than Spicebomb extreme. Also for younger people I can only recommend this fragrance.

The best fragrance from Aramis in a long time.

You are welcome to tear me to pieces for this, since there are a lot of Spicebomb fans and since this is my first comment here.
But if you compare the prices here, Aramis is the clear winner for me
Rene72
Who put the tobacco leaves with the black currants?
This Aramis is going a very unusual way.
I can still remember that my grandfather, probably more secretly, grew tobacco himself somewhere in a corner of the huge garden behind the house. The leaves were carefully threaded and dried after harvesting. Later the tobacco was cut and what did not go into the pipe was also rolled into cigars in cover sheets. That wasn't really the aroma of the noble cigars he used to get from a noble wooden box with leather cover. By the way, I know him almost only with a cigar in the corner of his mouth, and it didn't even have to be lit.
The tobacco aroma here reminds me of the somewhat hung tobacco leaves, no longer fresh but also not thoroughly dried.
This is not a smoky scent. Tobacco doesn't burn here. No, Tobacco Reserve gives the aroma of the wrapper of a freshly made cigar. I really like him that far, too.
But what if the grown tobacco grows next to the bushes of the black currant? Even on the property of my grandparents, since black, white and red currants were also harvested and processed into juices, jams and compote.
And anyone who has ever harvested black currants knows how intense the aroma is.
Was this the inspiration? Or has anyone harvested both together and placed the tobacco leaves between the black currants? I think my grandfather would've been upset about that fake flavor.
And I'm a bit at a loss whether I like the combination tobacco leaf and black currant or not.
It is inspiring and yet so striking that you have to like this combination if you want to wear the Aramis Tobacco Reserve.
Another player, the tonka bean, adds a bit of the aroma from the cupboard with the baking ingredients. This reconciles the poles of tobacco leaves and black currants, which are difficult for me to bring together. I'm torn. I'm torn.
In any case, I am grateful for the inspiration to have been taken back to the late summer garden of my grandparents.
Sacred Opulence and the All-Father
Aramis landed another one with that. This has become rare in recent years (or decades). However, the part is extremely extravagant, very special, actually already nischig. The blatant incense sticks / incense note described here has right Wumms. Like the whole scent. This humming hardly calms down and torches off long and intensively. Paired with the other primarily sweet components, this results in a mega-high-pitching scent cocktail of puffed herbs. Also in the end it remains (only) lovely, but becomes a little more striking and darker. It's almost a bit of a frenzy. Associations to "herbs smoked at a young age" do not arise at all...no, no. Also our keeper of order (attention wordplay) might get big eyes and pupils, if the car window is lowered for the delivery of the driving licence and the cloud evaporates from the vehicle. A subsequent pupil test should be safe.

Well, I don't know. I think I only bought it because it's pretty unique for me and a "real" Aramis. So, out of decency, somehow. I also take was not really masculine, but to women it does not fit either (except see later in the text). From the level and the speciality (not from the smell!) it should be possible to position it next to the Aramis (Classic) (unfortunately I can't find anything about first scent impressions from 1964). I had read in another commentator once, "it is not a scent but a smell". That's the way I'd see it here. The or a peculiarity, something long and sensational both have as characteristic. But I can't spontaneously think of the occasion for which I should wear it - except to go to church or as an altar boy. The fragrance could fit to the "Allvater" because of the sacral opulence (who knows the series "The Preacher"...). No kidding aside. Probably it comes across well on a lonely forest walk in autumn or winter (no matter region, the main thing is lonely). I once had an office colleague from the gothic scene. A very sweet and nice one (she had such small, sweet coffins in her potted flowers...). She always wore an extreme sweet Patchouli incense stuff unknown to me (was probably a self-creation). I think she'd like the scent. At the moment, however, I remain on the usage route.

But are 8.9 points really justified (at the moment)? Not to me.
Very surprising!!
It's rare to find a new fragrance like this. The indicated ingredients can be perceived very well. Everything seems very natural: An ever-goer (maybe not in extreme heat). A discreet, pleasant spice with very light sweetness.
Shelf life: 10 hours without problems.
Sillage: The fragrance is long lasting without being too strong.
I'm really surprised to find such a new fragrance. Fans of oldschool perfumes will find what they're looking for here. Always recommend a test. It's worth it!!!

ExxellenceExxellence 42 days ago
Quality wise it's pretty good, especially for the price. Perf is ok, scent is ok and dated. An overrated old man cologne to my nose. Pass.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 42 days ago
Stunning smoky tonka with a touch of dry tobacco, beautiful
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
I have both Tobacco Vanille and Pure Havane. Tobacco Reserve is no shortage compared to the two.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 12 months ago
Fantastic....for me the best tobacco fragrance you can get.

.... salbeisüßer Tabak - - betört auch die weiblichen Sinne .... :)
by IrisNobile
by BertolucciK
by BertolucciK
by Drakecito
by Drakecito

Popular Aramis

Perfume Calligraphy Rose by Aramis Aramis 900 (Herbal Eau de Cologne) by Aramis Havana (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis J•H•L (Custom Blended Cologne) by Aramis Aramis (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Tuscany per Uomo / Etruscan (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Devin (Country Eau de Cologne) by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Saffron by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy by Aramis New West for Him (Skinscent) by Aramis Aramis (After Shave) by Aramis Tuscany per Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Aramis Havana Reserva by Aramis New West for Her (Skinscent) by Aramis Aramis Modern Leather by Aramis Havana pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Aramis Impeccable by Aramis Aramis Gentleman by Aramis Aramis (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Aramis Aramis Black by Aramis