Aramis Tobacco Reserve (2018)

Aramis Tobacco Reserve by Aramis

Aramis Tobacco Reserve is a new perfume by Aramis for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Tobacco leaf, Clary sage, Tonka bean, Blackcurrant, Nutmeg, Iris, Oakmoss

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 12.11.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Rene72
Who put the tobacco leaves with the black currants?
This Aramis is going a very unusual way.
I can still remember that my grandfather, probably more secretly, grew tobacco himself somewhere in a corner of the huge garden behind the house. The leaves were carefully threaded and dried after harvesting. Later the tobacco was cut and what did not go into the pipe was also rolled into cigars in cover sheets. That wasn't really the aroma of the noble cigars he used to get from a noble wooden box with leather cover. By the way, I know him almost only with a cigar in the corner of his mouth, and it didn't even have to be lit.
The tobacco aroma here reminds me of the somewhat hung tobacco leaves, no longer fresh but also not thoroughly dried.
This is not a smoky scent. Tobacco doesn't burn here. No, Tobacco Reserve gives the aroma of the wrapper of a freshly made cigar. I really like him that far, too.
But what if the grown tobacco grows next to the bushes of the black currant? Even on the property of my grandparents, since black, white and red currants were also harvested and processed into juices, jams and compote.
And anyone who has ever harvested black currants knows how intense the aroma is.
Was this the inspiration? Or has anyone harvested both together and placed the tobacco leaves between the black currants? I think my grandfather would've been upset about that fake flavor.
And I'm a bit at a loss whether I like the combination tobacco leaf and black currant or not.
It is inspiring and yet so striking that you have to like this combination if you want to wear the Aramis Tobacco Reserve.
Another player, the tonka bean, adds a bit of the aroma from the cupboard with the baking ingredients. This reconciles the poles of tobacco leaves and black currants, which are difficult for me to bring together. I'm torn. I'm torn.
In any case, I am grateful for the inspiration to have been taken back to the late summer garden of my grandparents.
8.0 9.0 6.5/10

Sacred Opulence and the All-Father
Aramis landed another one with that. This has become rare in recent years (or decades). However, the part is extremely extravagant, very special, actually already nischig. The blatant incense sticks / incense note described here has right Wumms. Like the whole scent. This humming hardly calms down and torches off long and intensively. Paired with the other primarily sweet components, this results in a mega-high-pitching scent cocktail of puffed herbs. Also in the end it remains (only) lovely, but becomes a little more striking and darker. It's almost a bit of a frenzy. Associations to "herbs smoked at a young age" do not arise at all...no, no. Also our keeper of order (attention wordplay) might get big eyes and pupils, if the car window is lowered for the delivery of the driving licence and the cloud evaporates from the vehicle. A subsequent pupil test should be safe.

Well, I don't know. I think I only bought it because it's pretty unique for me and a "real" Aramis. So, out of decency, somehow. I also take was not really masculine, but to women it does not fit either (except see later in the text). From the level and the speciality (not from the smell!) it should be possible to position it next to the Aramis (Classic) (unfortunately I can't find anything about first scent impressions from 1964). I had read in another commentator once, "it is not a scent but a smell". That's the way I'd see it here. The or a peculiarity, something long and sensational both have as characteristic. But I can't spontaneously think of the occasion for which I should wear it - except to go to church or as an altar boy. The fragrance could fit to the "Allvater" because of the sacral opulence (who knows the series "The Preacher"...). No kidding aside. Probably it comes across well on a lonely forest walk in autumn or winter (no matter region, the main thing is lonely). I once had an office colleague from the gothic scene. A very sweet and nice one (she had such small, sweet coffins in her potted flowers...). She always wore an extreme sweet Patchouli incense stuff unknown to me (was probably a self-creation). I think she'd like the scent. At the moment, however, I remain on the usage route.

But are 8.9 points really justified (at the moment)? Not to me.
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

DrGourmand
When it nails Raachermannel and it is a scent drzu...
Aramis Tobacco Reserve is not a Christmas scent and certainly not a gourmand one! No stollen, no mulled wine, no gingerbread. This only in advance in order not to frighten the Advent sceptics.

But when the smoking man smokes and smokes in the Christmas land Erzgebirge the holy feast is not far away anymore. It is part of Advent there, as well as snow, Christmas tree, sway arch and roast goose. And it's part of the Tobacco Reserve scent of Aramis. For me my best new discovery for a long time and one of my favorites!

A lush, fat tobacco leaf, lightly ground and crushed with the fingers, this is the aromatic, green-herbal opening bouquet of the perfume. This intense green tobacco note is volatile and quickly becomes spicy. Also this new, fresh, peppery-fruity fragrance changes quickly into a very, very spicy dominance. Strong, aromatic, stimulating and beguiling, the remaining tobacco leaf is enclosed and a very special fragrance composition is created.

This happens because the Raachermannel nails. It smokes the most enchanting scents produced by the incense makers of the Ore Mountains (wood, spices, Orient, cinnamon, honey, moss, vanilla and of course frankincense). These incense candles, single, in several and burnt one after the other, lead us to a hot spicy aroma with very light sweetness, balsamic warm and unmistakable!
Even the burning of a smoking candle in the belly of a wooden man is extraordinary. The warmth of the hot wood, the tranquillity of the watch, and the selected favourite scent - an event in itself - spread warmly and steamily through the glowing aromas Just as Tobacco Reserve is unique due to its complex smoking aroma in combination with fresh green tobacco leaf. And that can be felt and smelled.

Due to the fact that more and more small candles spread the finest, spicy smoke, the shelf life of Aramis Tobacco Reserve is far above average. On clothes even more than on skin. Towards the end, when the tobacco leaf has long since been used up, one last smoking candle will glow and the fragrance of sweet spicy vanilla will bring to an end a long fragrance experience that is second to none.

For me always good to wear, noticeable and on all occasions excellent to smell.
Compliments or not!

PS: For enthusiasts - excerpts of one of the most popular songs from the Erzgebirge

When it nails Raachermannel and it sat kaa word drzu,
and the Raach climbs up the deck,
come mr allezamm sur Ruh.

Is dr Heilige Ohmd nu ra, nam mr'n Raachermah,
put a candle in the middle of a tie, light a candle a.
Hot e fei schies Gackel a, of'n Kup en Hut,
ober Maul un Nos sei schwarz, weil's viel dampen tut.
It stieht wu's stieht, it doesn't move from the flicker,
but soon it's fun, 's blest de Schwoden wag.
Jed's hopes that 's zun Heiling Christ e a Packel gets.
Überol is gloss and splendour, and how good dos smells.

When it nibbles Raachermannel the sky peace rises ro
and in the resin it laughs and cheers
Yes, Christmas time is do.

Adapted from text by Erich Lang 1937
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Very surprising!!
It's rare to find a new fragrance like this. The indicated ingredients can be perceived very well. Everything seems very natural: An ever-goer (maybe not in extreme heat). A discreet, pleasant spice with very light sweetness.
Shelf life: 10 hours without problems.
Sillage: The fragrance is long lasting without being too strong.
I'm really surprised to find such a new fragrance. Fans of oldschool perfumes will find what they're looking for here. Always recommend a test. It's worth it!!!
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Aramis Tobacco
A very special fragrance I would say.
It reminds me of Lalique's Ombre Noir.
One smells the tobacco note, but not now like a cigar or the smoke of lighted cigars, but the leaf green mixes with the other ingredients. So very spicy the whole with a certain green freshness. Partly it is smoky, but not bad, but pleasantly spicy creamy.
This fragrance is really not bad, but definitely for men over 40 who go out in the evening with tweed jackets or jackets. Then this fragrance fits perfectly.
It's not a Havana successor either. I own this one myself As the Sniff has already written, without testing rather do not buy.
Otherwise you will love it if you spray it on for a special occasion.
4.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

LeBreg
Oh my God, what a wonderful fragrance!
I tried it today, you can find it here at Müller...it's Divine!
Smell like in a tuxedo lounge before people arrive, with the smell of the fine cigars from last night that have settled everywhere. Cold cigar smell...so wonderfully smoky, and also spicy...all super fine odor irritations...oh...for me a masterpiece, I will get as fast as I can, maybe today I have found something that will accompany me for years. I feel like smoking cigars with this perfume on my chest...I will!
Lasts super long, super quali,top!
This is so special and unique, you can simply eat a lot of things...just it's like I've smelled this smell many times before, strong associations, but who can help me with what,
what's that?
Cold fine cigar smoke, or even a cigar itself, a spicy, such I smell, it is noble and fine, but there is something ... hmmmich can not get on ... but I love that here I smell ...
Greetings

Amazon1975 30 hours ago
Fantastic....for me the best tobacco fragrance you can get.
9.0

Popular Aramis

Aramis (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Rose by Aramis Aramis 900 (Herbal Eau de Cologne) by Aramis Tuscany per Uomo / Etruscan (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Havana (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Devin (Country Eau de Cologne) by Aramis J•H•L (Custom Blended Cologne) by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy by Aramis New West for Him (Skinscent) by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Saffron by Aramis Tuscany per Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Aramis Aramis Gentleman by Aramis New West for Her (Skinscent) by Aramis Aramis Black by Aramis Adventurer by Aramis Havana Reserva by Aramis Aramis Tobacco Reserve by Aramis Aramis Life (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Havana pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Aramis Impeccable by Aramis