Perfume Calligraphy Rose 2013

Perfume Calligraphy Rose by Aramis
Bottle Design Tarek Atrissi
Top 85 in Unisex Perfume
Perfume Calligraphy Rose is a popular perfume by Aramis for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Trudi Loren

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Honeysuckle, Oregano
Heart Notes Heart NotesTurkish rose absolute, Myrrh, Styrax, French lavender
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Musk, Ambergris, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.09.2020.

SCRIPT ROSE
Unfortunately this is the only one i have tried from the Calligraphy series, but as I am not the biggest rose fan in the world, Calligraphy Rose is definitely worthy as an introduction to the genre. I hope you enjoy and thank you for watching.

Profuma
Oasis in the desert sand
A shadow in the far distance. Colours break in the glaring sunlight, shimmer apparently over the sand, submerge themselves deceptively in water. The swell of my camel does not help in the least to make the already moving picture far in front of my eyes more tangible in my senses. I still cannot see what the seen is in truth, which winds restlessly over the sand. My animal trots on comfortably, while my gaze tries to focus on the structure in the rocking of its steps, which is now slowly approaching. The contours become clearer and clearer, straighten out the distorted image, fit together like millions upon millions of scattered pixels, as if by magic, more and more into a recognizable whole A few meters later I let my mount slide and stand directly opposite the structure. They are the remains of a ruined wall.
Once a blooming oasis, it is now a shadow of days gone by. Donated courage of life to exhausted caravans, served heads of desert tribes as a backdrop for peaceful negotiations and festivities or inspired poets and writers to adventurous stories from 1001 Nights. Today's visitors are, at best, wandering animals in search of some cooling shade and a drink of water, wind-borne seeds of distant plants, or people like me walking the paths of dreams and listening to the stories of abandoned walls. I haven't been here for a long time. The oasis has become even more decayed, which did not let me recognize it before. Piece by piece, the desert recovers the building blocks that people had taken from their laps back then. She will continue to devote the following years only to this search for her stolen body. Seemingly greedily, she yearns not to leave even a single grain of sand behind. Perhaps one day there will be nothing left of the former source of light and life.
Suddenly, a smell rises in my nose that has nothing in common with the old walls, the individual palm trees, thinned bushes and the water pond. Something strange that doesn't belong here. Something to live by I try to follow the scent. The constantly blowing wind does not make the search for the origin easy for me. Carefully I put one foot in front of the other. Apparently buried spaces under the sand can become deadly traps. I also try not to support myself on the walls, which already have cracks between them that have been so washed out by the wind that they can hardly stand upright. Everything here can collapse at any time and sink into nothingness. Finally I turn into a kind of deep dome, a structure that is still amazingly well preserved and protected by the surrounding walls, defying the weather and the times. In its centre is a small altar. The two burning candles and the incense sticks on them reveal a recent visit. Some carved figures made of wood and bone form a circle. Inside it is a white bowl, of almost pure flower colour and almost flawless varnish. Its lustre is still so fresh and new that it almost mirrors the objects lying within it. I'm approaching carefully. In the bowl I see saffron and other ground spices, lavender twigs broken and dried finger-long, myrrh resin nuggets, woody pieces of labdanum and a brown powder. Gently rubbed between the fingers, it reveals its secret to me. It is Styrax, finely ground and with its typical ambry-smoky note. The different aromas from the peel blend, depending on the wind blowing in under the dome, to a sometimes spicy, sometimes ambry mixture, but at all times very pleasant and relaxing. Three small vessels with plugs are placed near the bowl. I carefully open the first one and immediately the note of musk comes towards me. In the second, ground amber rests, and in the third, I find lavender again, this time, however, ground and mixed with rose petals in a resin. As a perfumer, I feel like I'm in a fragrance paradise here and I can't resist. I take a tiny bit of everything and grind it between my palms until it becomes a warm, oily pulp with gradually crushed particles. More and more the scent of the mixture rises in my nose and settles on my senses. The rose, however, I perceive most, lavender gives it a very special note and amber and musk trim what is angular to soft contours. The spices provide a slight tickling in the nose and a strong seal between the individual scent molecules. The rising vapours of the incense sticks provide depth and a grounded character of the fragrance.
While my soul is trying to get out of my mind, I hear a noise behind me and drive around in horror. A large figure veiled in black cloth is standing in the opening of the dome through which I also came. There are dark eyes to be seen, a hasty breath to be heard. I guess neither of us expected to find anyone here.
With tentative steps the figure slowly approaches. In the translucent light of the sun, the dagger is shining menacingly under the braided leather cord that ties the robe. I am getting hotter and hotter and I feel the rising fear. I love scents more than anything else but I am certainly not ready to die for them. Just as I am about to explain my presence, the figure speaks to me "Tina, is that you...?!"
More than astonished I try to assign the dimmed male voice under the cloth to someone from my life.
"I can't believe it...it's really you...!" I hear and this time the disbelief gives way from his previous tone of pure joy and the supposed stranger tears the cloth off his face. Dumbfounded, I look into a tanned, radiant face with dark eyes and blinding white teeth.
"Michael...?" That's all I can say. Already I am pressed violently and hearted so that I almost lose my breath. Michael Osbourne. An old schoolmate, extremely loyal and reliable and above all a good, loyal friend who turned his back on big city life a good year ago and set off on a trip around the world for an inner reflection. Again and again his video messages from different countries and cities have reached me. At the lit campfire I learn more about his presence in this desert oasis. The small altar is a self-discovery point. Michael comes here regularly to be alone, to reflect and meditate. The scents around him, bring down his essence and relax him. He sees some things more clearly, is more focused
I turn around after him as I ride away on my camel and towards the distant city and wave to him. In two days we will meet again, then he will take me with his vivid stories on his previous journeys and share his impressions with me.

An impression will stay with me for the rest of my life and delight my heart, because it is part of one of his stories.

It's our encounter under the dome.

Under the dome of an old oasis in the desert sand...

Like a rose garden...
A very strong, smoky, creamy-spicy rose, bombastic performance, lasts forever without being overwhelming. Belongs to every collection and will go down in the history of fragrances. It hails compliments from men like women when I wear this fragrance and it has, despite mega flag yet no one complains.
Schwälbchen
Of good resolutions and farewells
You are already a great group here on Parfumo and I very often enjoy friendly exchanges, stimulating comments ... AND ... of course the one or the other fragrance post, which my well-intentioned resolutions ... Well, you might know that too...

The package reached me last Thursday at an advanced hour. The joy about the carefully compiled content lasted only a short time, because immediately afterwards our eldest son rumbled into the cosy evening round and announced that his much-loved four-legged roommate suddenly didn't look so good. Her condition did not allow her to wait until the next day and so she had to be put into the experienced hands of a veterinarian that same evening. Once you have decided to live an enriching life with animals under one roof, you bear responsibility. This also includes one or the other unpleasant decision. And so we wished the elderly lady a good last journey after two days of intensive veterinary care. During these two days of hope, anxiety, chaos and disillusionment, I was accompanied and comforted by a fragrance selected by the dear SchatzSucher with unerring accuracy. I'd rather thank you Sven for the exquisite melange of the rehearsals and the honour that I can test these treasures.
Perfume Calligraphy Rose begins for me with a pleasant sweet-spicy prelude. It's a well-dosed 'herbal' sweetness. Not long, and the rose appears. And what a one. Not a teenage fresh rose. No, this one is slightly candied and reminds me a bit of a fruity liqueur without being sticky. I find the comparison with a rosendesert in the previous comments extremely apt and elegant. Oregano and lavender skilfully prevent the rose from slipping into the pompous heaviness and give the fragrance a kind of lightness. The wearer*in is enveloped in a protective, comforting, supple soft fragrancetaura. Warm amber and discreet incense accompany this beautiful rose for many hours. The shelf life is good with 8 hours. The initially strong Sillage is increasingly receding on my skin after more than 3 hours. This all doesn't sound so exciting now, but Calligraphy Rose is a real nose connoisseur. Further down in the comments a comparison to Tauers "Une Rose de Kandahar" has been drawn. Although both perfumes approach the rose theme similarly, the Tauer is "coarser" in the composition, louder and more self-confident. Well, if you're looking for decency, you won't go for the tauer. In a direct comparison, the Calligraphy Rose is clearly ahead. It is wonderfully balanced and manages the balancing act between spices, sweetness and a clear rose. Actually (and if a sentence already begins with "actually"...) another fragrance was preferred as the next purchase. Someone who's been on the wish list a long time. And there it still stands, because I'm all over this soft, warm, gentle fluid and I'm hoping to find a bottle left over.
My thanks go to SchatzSucher: dear Sven, thank you very much for your mail. With effort and thought you have chosen the treasures. The new fragrance experiences are a real ray of hope. And with sophistication and intuition, you've vamoosed my good intentions.

This weekend we said goodbye. My kids baked a cake. It was written in sugar with "Farewell Rosie" on it. Show must go on.

Namaste ;)

Seduction duties only
What a whopper of a tobacco/rose combo. Jumps on you and yells victory immediately in a soft woody/rosy/saffron sweet voice. This is no shybaby, but a tenacious tender lover straightaway. A massive centre of resins/muscs labdanum and talcum roses. Huge, yet gentle and soft.

A gigantic woody sweetie turkish delight of a fragrance.

However.... and there is one, but not a bad one.... It is suffocatingly dense & powdery. Nice for a winter snuggle but probably not for a fresh day. Amber resinous dry down to powder with a moment of a sour labdanum/myrrh combo in the middle. This fickle lover then just suddenly changes tune, ups and leaves with a wisp of resinous powder reminding you of having been there at all.

Seduction duties only.

Sweet Rose & Myrrh...
What a performance! This fragrance opens with a bang of sweet, jammy rose surrounded by myrrh and amber and frankincense, with a big hit of saffron.

It reminds me a lot of the original Aramis - Perfume Calligraphy but with the oud turned down and the rose turned up. I personally don't really get any oud wood in this but the rose is full and sweet and juicy, albeit surrounded and supported by an ambery, honey-like vibe.

The fragrance feels syrupy, like rosewater used in a dessert. Ambergris, labdanum and musk linger in the dry-down, and the sweetness of the opening turns dark, muted and resinous towards the end.

I think this is one which, if you are a rose lover, you will adore. I find the opening a little sweet to my taste, but that comes from the myrrh, which is prominent throughout. I get a syrupy jam feeling with the rose but the incense and resins give it depth the more it stays on skin.

Try this out if you love rose style fragrances and Oriental/Arabian style perfumes done right. I highly recommend the Aramis Calligraphy range, especially as value for price. I like this syrupy rose!

A Rose by any other Name would not smell as Sweet
Another take on the Oriental, this time using amber made with storax instead of the usual vanilla.

The dull, soft sweet character of storax is accompanied for some of the performance by rose, and they create between them an amusing turn of Turkish Delight flecked with incense, cast in a resin and bitter spice shell. But storax upstages the star player and steals the show; persistently hanging around and humming sweetly on stage until some of the crowd have got completely bored with it.

Scientists say that no experiment is ever a failure. If you don't get the results you expected, you have at least learned something useful, ie: the answer you hoped for lies elsewhere. Trying to create an Oriental based on storax instead of the conventional vanillic amber was an experiment. We have at least learned that it didn't work, and that a large dose of storax gets tedious.

Oh.My.Word.
If animals had a signature perfume, this would’ve belonged to the Black Widow! A dark, dangerous lady with a red core. Black spices, luscious red roses, and a touch of gooey balminess that sticks to you like a spider web. If Matahari wore this, she would’ve had presidents spill out state secrets! This powerful juice smells like the older, sweeter sister of Yves Rocher Rose Absolue. One spray equals to 12+ hours of diffusion within your 12+ feet radius. If you love florientals, you just have to try this. Masterpiece!

Calligraphy Rose
The rose is often maligned among fumies. It's quaint, it's prosaic, it's the low hanging fruit of floral perfumes. It's lovely on the bush but uninteresting in the bottle. Perhaps the rose's greatest sin among the cognicsienti: it's common.

I see it differently. The rose’s ability to play the common denominator makes it the ultimate contextual note. Whole genres are created through the rose's affinity with woods, ambers and resins, fruits and mosses. Rose notes make the most beautiful chypres, fruity florals, florientals and woody florals. It has so many intuitive pairings because there are many facets to rose that are enhanced by other materials and notes: patchouli, oakmoss, cedar, citrus, musk, labdanum, vanilla, berry. Rose perfumes can be woody, jammy, sweet/dry, bright/dark, soft, garish, innocent or skanky. Rose is to flowers what sandalwood is to woods: the broadest, most encompassing example of its genre. The best analogy I can come up with for the rose is blood types. Rose is the AB + blood type of perfumery: the universal recipient. The rose can be paired with just about anything.

And here is the trap.

Many fumies disdain rose perfumes because, where's the artistry in a note that can't help but smell good? What good is beauty if it's common? My counter to this line of thinking has two parts. 1) There have been terrible rose perfumes, so quality isn't guaranteed. 2) Smell Amouage Lyric Woman, Vero Profumo Rozy or Paco Rabanne la Nuit and tell me that rose lacks character.

Aramis Calligraphy Rose takes full advantage of the rose and uses oud to make a woody rose/floriental hybrid. A hybrid/hybrid. The rose springboards off a light oud note to create a heady, jammy, boozy perfume with lush sillage and a long arc. Aramis clearly sees the perfume as a market-expander, a foot in the door of an Arabic sensibility and demographic. The marketing strategy is simple to the point of crass, especially compared to Amouage, a comparison Aramis would desperately like the consumer to make. But the perfume is lovely. It steps straight into the line of fire of the rose critics by being a 'feel good' fragrance. But passing the Guy Robert 'smell good' test is only the first hurdle of any perfume. From there, a perfume must then be considered in light of criteria such as coherence, balance and thoughtfulness, and Calligraphy Rose rises to the occasion.

~ Exotic Aramis ~
~ A complimentary Calligraphy from another continent could not have arrived at a better time of the year. The winter here in my corner of the world has refused to give over to spring and that is what I found in the two seasons of this Aramis! To my nose a dominant dark spicy oriental that blends seamlessly with a submissive emerging floral. The day my grateful sample arrived I spritzed my wrist cautiously wanting to savor the moment. The darkness of of the Myrrh caught my nose first and left me wanting more. It wasn't until I took a walk outside into a swirling breeze that it all opened up and even as a strong man I was left weak in the knees! I sat down on the deck to take in this beauty from across the Atlantic. Like hand written poetry the perfume flowed into a lyrical composition of a long lasting flowery myrrh. Swirling Saffron and Rose complimenting the smokey resinous darkness seemed all very exotic to this fresh aromatic Chanel lover. As always I easily imagine lovely images compliments of my nose and this magical elixir evokes in me an exotic dancer desirable, mystical, seductive in her movements behind her veil of Turkish delight!
Kind Regards, Plat ~

Carlitos01Carlitos01 21 months ago
I discovered that seduction can be bottled with Calligraphy Rose. A delightful composition of myrrh, labdanum, olibanun & rose. Recommended!
AmberScentAmberScent 21 months ago
Aramis, out of its confort zone, produced this admirable rose, saffron, amber, incense and balsamic masterpiece fragrance. Well done Aramis!

by Lasisa
by Annfrost
by Annfrost
Meine Rose _für immer
by Seejungfrau
Kann den Rose Sünde sein?
by TomLavender
by OvidiuH
by Lah2o
by Lah2o

Popular Aramis

Aramis Tobacco Reserve by Aramis Aramis 900 (Herbal Eau de Cologne) by Aramis Tuscany per Uomo / Etruscan (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis J•H•L (Custom Blended Cologne) by Aramis Aramis (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Havana (Eau de Toilette) by Aramis Devin (Country Eau de Cologne) by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy by Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Saffron by Aramis New West for Him (Skinscent) by Aramis Aramis (After Shave) by Aramis Tuscany per Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Aramis Aramis Modern Leather by Aramis Havana Reserva by Aramis New West for Her (Skinscent) by Aramis Havana pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Aramis Impeccable by Aramis Aramis Gentleman by Aramis Aramis Voyager by Aramis Aramis Black by Aramis