Oud 24 Hours Eau de Parfum

Oud 24 Hours (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran
Oud 24 Hours (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ard Al Zaafaran for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-sweet. It is still in production.

Submitted by jakdelind, last update on 19.10.2020.

Ten minutes
I like sweet scents very much and everything that goes in the direction of gourmand I willingly take with me. When I read currant, chocolate, tangerine and vanilla among the fragrances, it was clear to me - I must have that one. A blind buy, so to speak. It has happened many times before and I have always been lucky. Maybe I'm just easily impressed. I can't tell. What is also extremely important for me, apart from the fragrance, is the durability and silage. You have to smell me or the perfume ends up in the barrel.

Oud 24 Hours now sounded like a candidate I could love. When the package arrived, I tore it open like crazy and applied the perfume and immediately I noticed fruity notes. I did not like the smell. The fruits rather rotten. Something actually reminded me of currant and a little lemon was also immediately obvious, but there was no trace of the chocolate, not even after five minutes and another five minutes later I rather noticed the smell of the box and I was grateful. The fact that I preferred the smell of waste paper to any perfume was new to me, too.

I can't say exactly what happened here and if I were asked what scent I would compare this one to, I would think of anything from the AXE range. It actually looked to me like discount deodorant. The shelf life is measly and the Sillage is measly. You can no longer speak of a fragrance cloud here, not even a cloud. There is simply ..., NOTHING
The name is probably a bad joke here and I'm sorry that I didn't manage to describe the fragrance in more detail or that my comment lacks depth, but the oud 24 Hours also lacks this depth, so it fits in a way.

Bummer!
Chizza
Would you like another mint leaf with your oud?
I bought Oud 24 Hours because I love Midnight Oud by Ard al Zaafaran and at the price of his fragrances I would do the same again and again. My words don't mean that I deny the fragrance its class, for me personally it is just too mild although its opening is wonderful. Somehow I have to think about the scent - some of you may have noticed it - also a certain scene from a Monty Python movie
Let's go! You know those refreshment sticks with the funny lemon or orange on them? Covered in chocolate? From the company with the young lady who needed some history lessons about Germany? That's pretty much how you can imagine the kick-off. Chocolate with tangerine, somehow chilled, as if mint was involved. Every time I use the perfume, it's a hallo-waking effect for me. If the fragrance was like this all the time, I'd probably find it better, although I rarely have this kind of perfume on my watch list.

In any case, the fruity fresh breeze disappears and changes places with the well-known eagle wood. The oud then also appears minty, at least cooled, which I interpret as an interesting approach. For once no desert oud but fridge oud, exciting. This is probably the woody touch that I perceive in this way. Unfortunately even the development and implementation is a bit too weak for me, the scent is reserved, really introverted. You could also interpret this as gentle, with additional notes that give the fragrance a balsamic touch. It doesn't stop there, because the scents of Ard al Zaafaran are very versatile. Also 24 Hours Oud is great craftsmanship. More and more I perceive floral notes, you fall into a sea of flowers. This is very nice for all friends of such perfumes. 24 Hours Oud is long-lasting but not a performance monster either.

Who's it for? You can't tell by my dibs on me. Light oud, flowery, altogether soft and finely rounded, so that I also attest the oud a certain creaminess: if you recognize yourself here, you should dare to buy it. Those who appreciate distinctive scents or intensive oud are wrong here, as long as one does not look for a change. Because as already mentioned, the scent is wonderfully implemented and smells really good when viewed neutrally. For me personally it fails somehow also because of 1,95 m, bald skull, beard and stable physique ;)
Volker1964
Dark Secrets, very nice ....
Oud 24 Hours is a pleasant contemporary from the Orient.
Top note
I notice a slight fresh note at the beginning. Woody notes and floral notes, dark and heavy roses, are quite present. Lighter floral notes are added. A subtle sweetness surrounds the top note quite pleasantly Heart note
Here I smell sweet/smokey oud. The oud is nicely integrated. The roses are heavy and pleasantly present.
Base
The fragrance is or remains heavy, pleasantly woody in combination with ducal red roses. Incense is added. Oud completes the quite pleasant overall micro pressure.
Conclusion
An overall good and pleasant, but also heavy fragrance. A quite well composed fragrance, a fragrance for the winter, for me rather in my leisure time. For the work he is a bit too heavy and present. In the meantime I have some oriental perfumes. This also has its qualities.
If you take into account the very good P/LV, I paid about 30 Euro incl. shipping, you don't do mMn much wrong. Besides the scent there was a small deodorant spray. Nice gesture from the manufacturer. I give it to my girlfriend

Polarrfox
Bitter chords which are harmonizing with fruit filled with chocolate
Its kind of hard to describe this piece.
First feeling is some bitter fruit (I guess orange), which slowly goes through its sweety parts.
Actually, my first feeling from this was - bitter flowers? Oh my, actually yes. Which makes from this scent more femine in my opinion, because of this flower part, which goes along through all of the time of the scent.
Later we can recognize bitter orange filled with hot chocolate, made from experts :-)
In the background, like someone would say, somewhere over the raimbow, there can be actually felt something like a really soft flower - jasmin. But also combined with this bitter fruity chords, whose go away for a while, just to come back soon.
Sillage: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10, at least 12 hrs even after washing
Bottle: 10/10, elegant and mysterious just like the scent is

Emorandeira
Oriental black orchid with synthetic quality
Black orchid is one of my favourite perfume. Is this kind of perfume that i always need to have on my collection although i only choose It for specisl ocasions. When i discovered this perfume and i watched that It was similar to BO i was exited to try It and maybe being It to work un order to get this specisl smell un my everyday work without soending so much money. But this became one of the biggest dissapointments of the year regarding to perfumes to me. Is It nice? Yes... Is It semilar yo BO? A lot, overall during the opening, maybe a bit more Woody and oriental... Then... Which is the problem? The problem with this perfume to me is the performance! Very weak longevity and sillage on my skin! After 30 minutes i cant even get any fragance!!! I ubderstand that this stuff is much cheaper than BO so i wasnt expected the same quality or performance, but usually the quality of arab perfumes is very good according to his price! Honestly, this is not the case... I have found much better and cheaper BO dudes for exampke un shoos like equivalenza or ave paraíso... A bit more synthetic but st least last the whole day. I dont know if maybe i have recived a wrong perfume... Maybe It was under too high temperaturas during the delivering or something and i havent tried the best versión of oud 24 hours... But un using the bottle i have yo do sport or this kind of things, when you really dont want to project a lot...

Carlitos01
Dark, mysterious, sensual and classy orchid
Oud 24 Hours by Ard Al Zafraan is one of the many less known gems that are produced in the Middle East.
The bottle is nice and heavy although a bit tacky. There is to much information all araund the bottle sides, resulting in a poor image. The odd "look" is compensated by the confortable "feal" when you hold the flask, as quality materials are used in the bottle, cap and sprayer.
It is a perfect blend that results in a fine and alluring oud fragrance. It's dark, mysterious, sensual and very classy.
Oud 24 Hours it's like a gourmand dessert that you love and enjoy from start to the end.
I am not sure if it is a compliment grabber but it sure attracts a lot of attention. On top of the sensual not cloying sexy scent, the above average longevity and the heavy sillage contribute for the lucky wearer to stand out. It lasts for 12 hours and sillage is enormous filling a room for 2~3 hours and projecting an arm length for 2~3 hours more.
It is a unisex fragrance but it devellops a totally different efect on men and women. Strange enough it is almost as having a double personality because it is preety manly on men and evoques a lot of femininity on women.
As it has been noticed by all the reviewers, it is a "look-alike" of Tom Ford's Black Orchid and its streght stands half way between the Black Orchid EDT and EDP. In the drydown it's less harsh than the Tom Ford scent, and by being more civilized it's easier to wear it by both men and women. The other diffrences I can notice are the Ard Al Zaafaran fragrance bigger harshness in the opening with a very strong dark chocolate note, and the fact that there is no oud in Black Orchid.
Oud 24 Hours proposes you a sweet, tamed and almost discrete oud somewhat disguised by the patchouli and the sandalwood notes. Just skip the opening first 5 minutes harshness if it's cloying for you.

Top notes are bergamot, mandarin orange and dark chocolate; middle notes are spices, fruity notes, jasmine, gardenia and ylang-ylang; base notes are amber, incense, sandalwood, patchouli and agarwood.
Although they are not listed I do detect a strong vibe of coconut in the opening for a short time, and a very strong note of sweet vanilla in the bottom notes and drydown.
In the opening you are confronted with a nice dark and sweet black chocolate note (yes, some people deslike it). The choco note will combine heavenly with the spicy and fruity notes that will follow.
Agarwood, patouchilli, incense and vanilla do rule over the vast majority of fragrance longevity, particulary in the drydown. The notes behave in a very similar way of the ones you find in Tom Ford Black Orchid perfume.
Oud 24 spreads an impression of exclusivity and distinction based on the strength of this lingering perfume.

Lets confirm it with the Oud 24 Hours math:
Scent Opening: 7.5 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 9.5 (my judgement)
Longevity: 9.0 (12 hours+ with three sprays)
Sillage: 9.0 (fills a room; 10~12 feet projection at its peak with 3 sprays)
Uniqueness: 7.0 (Besides Black Orchid you have the magnific Charriol Royal Gold, Maremma from Tiziana Terenzi, the very cheap Estiara Fleur Noire, 24 Gold and many others)
Compliments: 8.0 (close to a serious compliment grabber during the drydown; consider it a head turner because it puts you in the spotlight)
Wearability: 7.5 (Use it day or night during Winter and Fall; You may experiment it as well in Spring colder days and nights)
Versatility: 7.0 (Don't abuse of it as a day scent. Don't use it in the office. Never use it in sunny events and workout. If you use it in the beach, half a dozen sharks will eat you because they confuse you with a very tasty over seasoned mammal)
Quality: 8.5 (my judgement)
Presentation: 7.5 (nice box, nice flask and tacky label. The bottle and cap look solid and expensive. Good sprayer.)
Price: 10.0 (100 ml non tester for £ 12,50 + shipping)

Overall rating: 8.23/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I recommend this fragrance to all dark scent lovers! if you don't like dark fragrances don't even try it.

Great Black Orchid clone
Not as complex as Tom Ford's Black Orchid, but at £12.50 who cares! Great longevity (lasts over 12 hours) and sillage (an atomiser I decanted into leaked slightly and my toiletry bag wafted of this for weeks). This is defintely unisex but only for the confident male!

JosephAzzato
all the way around wonderful!
this is again one of my favorite perfume/colognes yes it is unisex! i ware this one to church all the time and even if no one complemented me I would still ware it :D
but for one of my all time fav's I did not give it a real review or spend time in it
so updating it now

this can cost you $35-$50 depending where you get it and it is getting harder and harder to get :'(
infact the whole line of this perfumery company is getting hard to get after the air shipping laws and perfumes
so get a bottle while you can or it gets to hard to get them

it smell's like Tom Fords Black Orchid but a little better smoother less harsh
last along time as well, there is a sharp note in the TF-BO
this one is as you can tell alot cheaper for a little better fragrance
the oud is light in this one not over powering at all but it has some melon in there so you know
but kinda creamy guess it's a little hard to explain but it is very well done
a little spicy but very subtle it's not bam in your face spicy at all
this is another very well done piece of art and one I proffer over TF-BO

you can find this on Ebay or amazon ebay being cheaper!
there are testers as well that are 20ml but you will not get the awesome bottle this cologne packs and in the long run cost you more, and now while it seems I am trying to talk you out of the tester and go strait to a full bottle, keep to shopping smart and get a tester

Pshopper1180Pshopper1180 50 days ago
The best Black Orchid clone in the market. Great scent, good Longevity and most of all great price.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 7 months ago
Black orchid clone....smells great. Not the best bottle but the sprayer is very good. Very good price wise to. A solid 8/10
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
I own and love Dark Orchid! I am always trying to find similar scents. Oud 24 Hours is an excellent more wearable and cheaper alternative.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Black Orchid look alike although a bit smother and easier to wear. It's sweet, dark, smoky, and alluring. If you like BO don't miss this one

by Carlitos01
by MrNiceGuy
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular Ard Al Zaafaran

Midnight Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Al Shams by Ard Al Zaafaran Sheikh Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Muataq by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Kalaam by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Isphahan by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Sharqia (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Fazza by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Sharqia by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Al Sayad by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Khashab Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oudh Al Abiyedh Khasati by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Turab Al Dhahab by Ard Al Zaafaran Ajeeb Ghareeb by Ard Al Zaafaran Nujoom Al Arab Khusoosi by Ard Al Zaafaran