Oud Muataq

Oud Muataq by Ard Al Zaafaran

Oud Muataq is a popular perfume by Ard Al Zaafaran for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbergris, Frankincense, Myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Sandalwood

Submitted by Darkbeat, last update on 17.06.2020.

No, I meant oud and leather :D
Selam folks, I greet you today with an oriental greeting, as I had an Arabian scent under my nose today. I don't know anything about the arabic scent world, so I can't say anything about the brands, so I will describe the scent like any other scent, but without saying things like "aah, yes, it has the DNA of Chanel, Guerlain, Armani or whatever else".

Yes, I may come from Turkey, but that does not mean that I know anything about Arab culture. Sure, you know some things already, but basically it's like if you assume that a Korean speaks Chinese or Japanese, because for the western world these people would be quite similar. That means that we Turks don't automatically speak Arabic either. Otherwise I could also say that all Germans and Austrians are equal. That's not true either, is it? It starts with the language alone: Nobody understands the Austrian accent ... he he he he, that was a joke, stay where you are, if you (Austrians) want to get at my throat right away. And Swiss-German... uh, of course I didn't even want to start with Swiss-German, because the language sounds as if you are on another planet! And yes, that was also a joke, so stay where you are, in case you (Swiss) want to jump down my throat... :DDD

All right, let's get to the scent. It's "Oud Muataq" by Ard Al Zaafaran, and as you can see, it's an oud scent. What I know from my limited knowledge of the Arabian olfactory world is that the Arabs like and use roses, but above all they like and use a lot of oud. Well, let's see what the scent is like, even if oud shouldn't be one of my favorites in the world of fragrances (although there are many fans of eaglewood, and with the Arabian scents you should have a huge selection!)

The smell:
The fragrance begins with lots of incense and mild oud, as well as a fruity, fresh bergamot, which exudes a light citrus aroma. The resins, besides frankincense especially myrrh, provide a beautiful, soft-sweet scent.
A little later a good smelling leather note is added. Probably due to the resins, the leather is also mild and does not smell as "hard" as freshly polished car or sofa leather. By the way, when the leather appears, the bergamot disappears so slowly that the fruity fresh touch fades away and the fragrance only takes a gentle sweetish direction with oud and leather.
It remains as described for a good while until the fragrance in the base becomes somewhat more intense. The resinous scents or the generally soft notes become a bit less, but leather and especially the oud gain in intensity, so that the scent sometimes even appears more sultry or opulent. It's not really intense, because there are much stronger oud scents, but still the oud is very nice to smell. Only in the very late base the scent is softer again, where I find it more beautiful.

The Sillage and the durability:
With oud you can usually assume a high sillage and it is no different here, even if the oud should be milder compared to strong oud scents. So you are wrapped in a big but gentle scent cloud that can be smelled from far away. The durability is of course top, so the scent lasts for over ten hours.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular and radiant blue. On the front, a golden-blue ornamental pattern shows the fragrance's name and Arabic characters that probably indicate the brand name. The cap is also gold-plated and beautifully designed, all in all quite simple, but there's something oriental-exotic about the front, which you don't often find on the shelf, so it's a nice change of pace.

Conclusion:
So, first of all: I think that with scents that smell a bit milder after oud and offer many gentle resins, it has become more difficult to recognize them as an Arabic scent, because many Western manufacturers have been composing scents with a lot of oud and resins for some years now, so that this scent could also come from a French fragrance company, especially when there was a real oud-boom a few years ago, where many flankers of well-known scents had received oud. So what I'm saying is that I don't think that you can immediately tell that this is a fragrance from the Orient just because it smells oriental :D

The scent here remains gentle for a while, as described, before the oud "cleans" a little more, even though it is far from being as extreme as some other oud scents. Oud fans might like it, especially if you like leather, so all those people with a soft spot for leather and lacquer... uh hey hey... I meant oud and leather, of course.

Even if the scent seems softer at first, such a fragrance is for me rather something for autumn and winter, because with such stronger scents I would feel crushed in summer just now... as an occasion... well, good question. Oud is always a note that some people like and others don't. So it's not really suitable for celebrating, but maybe for other occasions... I don't know... go out for oriental food maybe? Find out for yourself :D

Anyway, whoever wants to test it is welcome to do so, because oud fans often have an advantage on their side: They never have to whine about a fragrance having a low silage or short shelf life, because for most fragrances the rule is always: good silage and long shelf life!

Well... I'm done with that again for today and hope that I didn't annoy the Austrians and Swiss at the beginning, hey hey, I hope very much that you know that I only make stupid jokes :D
Well, take care and have a nice evening :)
Two kings from the Orient plus Oud
I had bought oud muataq out of enthusiasm for Midnight Oud, and I was so taken with Ard al Zaafaran. The recognition has remained, the majority of his works are solid to outstanding. The first time I had this scent under my nose, I couldn't quite grasp it. My evaluation was not good, my comment even for the beginning was not successful and I deleted it quite a while ago. The fragrance gradually got further and further into the queue of perfumes that you have and like, but hardly ever wear. Oud Muataq doesn't shine in summer like it does in winter, that has to be said in advance.
Anyway, I alone appreciate his soft and defensive liquorice note on him. The oud processed here is ok, it smells good, for oud experts certainly no highlight. The scent becomes good only through the interaction with other ingredients.
For me this includes incense, which is distorted perceptible and therefore may not be recognized immediately. This is due to the myrrh. It dominates in a duet with the incense, its balsamic sweetness is clearly perceptible and, in addition to an altered incense, also leads to the liquoriceoud loosening up and smelling roughly like liquorice-toffees. Normally I am not a friend of such developments but liquorice toffees are a rather bitter sweetness so all is well.
With time I first notice the bergamot in the form that this one has a typical musty coating of itself, like it
Sometimes in bergamot. In my eyes not further disturbing, although after many tests I can say that this note becomes more prominent the warmer it gets. When it gets really hot and here - empirically proven by me - it is enough to just work in the attic, it becomes very animalistic.
With time, the liquorice becomes a little more sour and coarse; I think the leather should slowly play along here. Fine nuances typical for leather can be seen, as if I would hang the heavily used horse saddle in the room with the other ingredients. A little bit striking and with the hammer as finely worked out but good, the message gets through. Here I do not feel the scent as strong as at the beginning, one could have left it at the mixture of myrrh, incense and oud. The leather - it almost hurts me as a friend of this scent to say the following - is unnecessary here and certainly not beneficial.
Relatively surprisingly, the fragrance changes after a few hours and turns to sandalwood, with the smoky notes remaining in the background and underscoring the sandalwood. And so Oud Muataq fades away.
All in all a fine fragrance, not typical for incense and leather, one must like myrrh. Allegedly no longer produced, it is still available for small money. Oud Muataq is one of my top 3 fragrances from the house of Ard al Zaafaran, far ahead of Midnight Oud and also before that Oud Isphahan.
The Sheikh requests ....
I myself like (also) oriental scents. There are some treasures to discover in the treasure chest of the sheikh. This EdP belongs to the noble treasures in the chest.
About the fragrance itself:
Top note
At the beginning a minty freshness. This does not last very long. In addition there are pleasant herbal notes. An altogether beautiful and strong prelude.
Heart note
One, present and not unpleasant, smoke note is noticeable. Also leather and wood are there. The scent remains strong.
Base
The scent does not weaken here either. It remains spicy and quite present. Oud rounds off the positive impression very skilfully. Noble.
Conclusion
An oriental, spicy and pleasantly smoky fragrance. He is altogether quite strong and present. Not a lightweight / silent treader. A great EdP at a more than fair price.
I wear it on cooler or colder days in my free time. For work? Would be too strong for me The durability is decent. A good 8-10 hours in my case. Who likes oriental fragrances, like me, should have a closer look at this EdP / test it. I think it's worth it.
Leko
The Orient very noble and almost a gift
After testing Interlude by Amouage and already impressed by the complexity of this fragrance, I bought the fragrance twin Oud Muataq. With less than 1/10 of the price I could not go wrong. First of all, I am thrilled by the richness and the combination of scents. Heavy oriental, slightly sweet, spicy, fresh, with a hint of leather and sandalwood. Becomes slightly powdery at the end of the day, but keeps the oriental spice for a long time. The fragrance lasts quite long and really looks noble at any time. An impressive fragrance that is a must for the price.

A delicious incense
This perfume is a precious incense, fruity, woody, spicy and very resinous, for me, a must in my collection. It is an aroma without much evolution, except for the exit that is fresher, the rest of the perfume is wood, incense and resins, a delight, for those who, like me, enjoy these notes.

At the start it is very woody and fresh, with a touch of myrrh very muffled by the initial freshness. Then, the freshness of the citrus and initial spices, are decreasing in intensity, and the smoky feeling takes something more body together with the myrrh, feeling a very woody aroma, resinous and sweet, ufff I love this part of the perfume. To finish, the drying is smoked and sweet woods, with a touch of leather and a resinous brush of residual myrrh. The perfume is gorgeous, it has a certain air about 7 of Loewe, although they are not very similar, this is much more spicy, as if we changed the pepper for oregano and added more myrrh than incense, a much more oriental aroma and mysterious than Loewe's, but equally addictive.

The performance is fine, as I mentioned earlier a little loose compared to other houses, but it is not something that can be blamed if we consider what it costs, so I, for now, I'm satisfied, although it's a shame, because a little more performance in such an aroma, this would sell like pipes. The duration in skin has been about 7 hours and the last hour at skin level, the wake is moderate at the beginning, but soon it falls, and remains as a scent of commuter, of those that you only perceive when you enter the vital space of that person. But well, I solvento, putting a little on the wrists and taking them every moment to the nose jejeje.

Aroma of cold and temperate seasons and of exclusive nocturnal use in special occasions, it is a special aroma and not apt for every day, but I do not know because, to me, the incenses are very wearable during the day, so it is not something that has to be strictly complied with, and that each one sees when he sees fit.

If you like perfumes versed in incense, essential, and if not, I recommend it also, a really nice perfume with a very affordable price.

Forgive me my bad English.

by Esporium
by Esporium
by gamma
by gamma
by MrNiceGuy
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Ard Al Zaafaran

Midnight Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Al Shams by Ard Al Zaafaran Sheikh Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Kalaam by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Isphahan by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Sharqia (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Fazza by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Al Sayad by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Khashab Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Sharqia by Ard Al Zaafaran Oudh Al Abiyedh Khasati by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Turab Al Dhahab by Ard Al Zaafaran Ajeeb Ghareeb by Ard Al Zaafaran Nujoom Al Arab Khusoosi by Ard Al Zaafaran