Midnight Oud Eau de Parfum

Midnight Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran

Midnight Oud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ard Al Zaafaran for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Carlitos01, last update on 04.07.2020.

Vocal13
Best clone on market for me so far
When i starded my fragrance journey ,I have sampled many clones of different fragrances since and i almost gave up on clones, because they always felt cheap to me. I started to be allergic on reviewers, who hype s... for nothing, you know "this is the 95 % clone of certain fragrance" kinda crap. When i hear this i always remember, that we have 98% DNA common with pigs. Does it mean we are the same? in most cases i don´t think so :D.

BUT !!!! .... this is the only clone of a fragrance i decided to buy a full bottle of after sampling. I have Interlude and this one is so close in mid - phase to the original, that it is scary. This is less pungent verison of it, the heavenly drown of interlude comes here much faster, but it´s not so deep and complex (could be + for some people). You can definitely pick up differences in quality, but if you are into clones, you can´t get much better, this is bomb !!!

Go for EDP (no Oil version, oils just eat the "kick" of spices like oregano)

Werkes
The definition of value for money
After I got the chance to test Amouage's Interlude Man, I was really surprised how much I liked the scent. I already knew that there are fragrance twins to many Amouage scents, but until now I was not really interested in them, because you can often only get cheaper scented copies here.
Through an American YouTube channel I then became aware of "Midnight Oud" by Ard Al Zaafaran. The comparison with the perfume reviews confirmed this again.

Long story short. The fragrance landed in my shopping cart for just under 27€ including shipping, the dealer on Ebay is from the UK. No idea how it looks like at the moment or shortly with the customs, I had no problems here at all.

I'm not a fragrance professional and I don't recognize many fragrances like a good Somalian, but the opening of the fragrance comes to me really amazingly close to Interlude Man. In the drydown the fragrance becomes milder, the smoky aromas fade into the background without disappearing completely, the citric note, which is a bit more present at the beginning, I hardly notice anymore, but the fragrance becomes woody-leathery with a not inconsiderable sweetness that almost has a slightly vanilla touch. The fragrance then keeps this composition for a really considerable period of time with a strong presence without being extremely penetrating. The projection is nevertheless strong and you have to be careful with the crowd when you are indoors.
The eponym Oud is present throughout, but I don't really find it appropriate to call the fragrance Midnight Oud.

From the minute I put the scent on for the first time, it reminded me of a scent that somehow stayed in my head. I wondered for a while where this scent came from and today it occurred to me what I took as a reason to write this comment When I was younger, we went to Egypt on holiday with my family. Typical German Touri vacation on an Egyptian club plant, nevertheless there was here and there times an excursion into the surrounding countryside.
The tour started at noon and ended in the early evening in the desert in a small tent village. In the evening everyone was sitting around the fire and the locals were barbecuing goat meat skewers which I found disgusting as a child but I could swear that one of these men wore a scent that still reminds me when I smell Midnight Oud

Conclusion: This fragrance really surprised me, both in its complexity and in its fragrance quality and durability.
The bottle is not very well made. But when you consider how much the fragrance would probably cost in the U.A.E., where it comes from, you quickly realize that the bottle also has a good P/L ratio. You like this kind of scent, otherwise you're bound to have a hard time with it. Still, I give Midnight Oud a clear 10/10 in terms of value for money.
First violent then changeable
My children opened the package and tested the scent in advance. When I noticed the scent, it was like a blow. Midnight Oud starts with a wort explosion, you don't know what you're smelling first. Allspice and oregano come burnt together with the directly perceivable incense. This is intense and not for everyone, but it smells very interesting. Afterwards "burnt" fades away and the smell becomes softer and softer. Incense embedded in sandalwood and amber. Oud permanently swings off slightly but not strongly, the leather is more noticeable. I find a great developing fragrance, craftsmanship is great. As I have not tested Interlude yet, I cannot compare the two. But for the price of this fragrance with the sophistication and top H/S; that's what he says
One sprayer or more..
When I wore this fragrance for the first time, I was fascinated by the durability and sillage. A perfume for this price with such a performance, makes me think again and again about whether expensive niche fragrances are justified their price.
The incense comes very much to validity however is not too importunate. But also other components like the fresh one are not left out of the fragrance. All in all this fragrance is very special so a test before would be advisable but also a blind purchase would not be too bad at this price For me, one of my best blinds

Queruccio
Excellent! it s still a clone, but a great fragrance anyway
It is difficult to explain the fragrance, it is quite unique and it is much easier to go to a perfume shop and try Amouage Interlude for Men.
Not a easy and wearable fragrance, but very luxurious and complex. You will stand out from the mass fragrances, as this is something unusual.
In short, a great clone of Amouage Interlude, differences:
- a touch more sweetness compared to Interlude after 1 hour;
- slight sense of cannabis like smell in the opening, disappearing after 1 hour - which i cant smell in Interlude;
- drydown is more sweet and not very complex and refined as Amouage.

Performance:
- longevity - my skin 6/8 hrs - clothes 24hr.
- projection - my skin 2/3 hrs - clothes 8 hrs.
After 2/3 hrs the projection is almost gone, still u ve a few cms bubble around you which is kind of sweet.

ps. I have just tried also Swiss Arabian shaghaf oud abyad, differences:
- not as sweet as Midnight Oud, a bit more similar to Interlude with less smoke;
- Midnight oud has slightly better performance, probably due to its sweetness in the drydown.
DrGourmand
I will keep it - even after the Candlemas !
Christmas is over, for good! Depending on liking, habit and region, the tree still fell in the old year, in many cases until New Year's Eve, but at the latest then on 06.01. to "Epiphany". At home, like every year, we proceeded in stages. The fir tree is promptly located for firewood in the garden and the dismantling of our extensive decoration, including the many candle arches in the windows, follows little by little. The large, carved Greifenstein miner's pyramid and the Raachermannln from the Ore Mountains form the finale and are safely packed until 02.02. (Candlemas).

Last weekend was Candlemas and following the habit we went to store. It is common practice to open all used raaachermantles again and let their fine smell work close to the nose. For the different types of Raacherkerzle we also have different males. Of the several dozen candles burned over the Advent season, we prefer above all incense, sandalwood, spicy orient, forest honey, moss and black forest.

Vis-à-vis the opened Mannln on the table, an intense, smoky-spicy scent of smoked wood combined with a strong, caramel honey sweetness, deep, dark, delicious and inviting. A reddish-black layer of tar is already burned into the wood and one can easily distinguish between incense, sandalwood, honey and oriental traachermannl.

Next to it is an old, small GDR tin house, the smoking place for every day, while the wooden figures only come to the Eisatz on Advent or Christmas Eve. The Blechhäusel smokes more violently, faster and hotter, so that all kinds and much larger numbers of pieces may spread their flavours. The tar layer is thick, partly sticky, partly glassy hard. Her scent is a beautiful twin of Midnight Oud.

Meanwhile the noble, blue bottle of the perfume stands in the middle of the Erzgebirge Christmas incense and cuts an excellent figure. The direct comparison confirms the smells amazingly. Midnight Oud opens as a powerful, very multi-layered, complex, sweet-caramel incense wood scent with a very spicy, aromatic oriental and balsamic charm. The piquant, peppery incense, the creamy sweetness and the beguiling smoky wood dominate and remain dominant. The mysterious, soothing warmth increases slightly as the session progresses and accompanies us smoothly and velvety with a seductive effect until the end. This can easily take eight to ten hours, whereby the environment of the wearer is well involved, especially in the first third.

If an odour like the one representing the Midnight Oud is characteristic for good oud aroma, without any fecal note or suffocating smoke, I like to keep it as a reference. Especially because it gives me the possibility, similar to the ghost or djinn out of the lamp, to conjure up my Raachermanln all year round with their beguiling fragrance out of the bottle. For this reason Midnight Oud also receives the rating nine.

But to simply wear the perfume myself becomes a real problem for me. Except around the campfire, for a wonderful asado or for smoking fish and sausages, I can think of no other place that tolerates such a determining smoky wood aroma. What still remains is the previously hidden possibility of using the direct play of intimate togetherness. This is theoretically, because of the, in my opinion, extremely erotic effect of the fragrance, quite given. But practical? Honestly, who thinks about perfume when it comes to the point?!!

I hope you enjoyed my contribution and thank all readers for their time!

In love
I honestly can't express how nice this smells.
It makes me feel like a vanilla ice cream with incense on top. Compared to oudh 24 it is a lot less sweet and more masculine IMO. But it can totally work as a unisex perfume.

Overall though this is Just great, good projection with only one spray..will have to see how long it lasts.

Test before you buy
Do not blindly buy, even if it has a great price.

On my skin very smokey, usually dry sometimes with light hints of sweetness. It can remind you smoked marshmallows.

Not easy to wear, hard to match with the proper occasion. But I guess that this type of fragrance has some fans
And I agree when you smell it, they are not bad just not in my type. I'm just wondering how you can them unisex
Volker1964
A wonderful fragrance of the very best kind
EdP 100ml for 20 Euro. I figured he couldn't be much at that price. I was very much mistaken. To my advantage. It is fresh, spicy, slightly sweetish, woody, incense and leathery. Very complex. It has a very long shelf life and is well present without being obtrusive. He's very popular with the ladies. You should definitely try this scent. I have already tested fragrances which are sold for umpteen times the price, but are not that good by far.
This fragrance shows me clearly that very good fragrances don't have to be expensive/high priced.

With kind regards
Much expected and ..
and then get a scent sample.
He was suggested to me when they talked about Tom Ford's Oud Wood.
According to the motto: "You want real Oud? Then go for Midnight Oud instead of Oud Wood."
So I bought a bottling and compared both: clearly Midnight Oud is much spicier and more distinctive. In my eyes, actually no Unisexparfum at all, because I find it really very smoky.
However, I must say that I personally (just in direct comparison to Oud Wood) find it a little too hard for you me. You certainly have to dose it sparingly, but I almost had the feeling as if I had been sitting at the campfire for hours and my clothes were now smelling a little smoky. So rather unpleasant.
I believe that it is also a type question to which person he fits well.

Conclusion: very smoky / spicy, but I prefer to stay with Oud Wood

MihaiuMihaiu 9 months ago
heavy, VERY SPICY & incensy oud wood. lead actor is the spicy note dry CUMIN. for men
DarkbeatDarkbeat 11 months ago
Hallucinatory!! a drier reinterpretation of Interlude Man, with a fairly high performance, highly recommended for oriental lovers.

by Piepmatz
by Piepmatz
by Herkules762
by Herkules762
by Einfachich
by Einfachich

Popular Ard Al Zaafaran

Oud Al Shams by Ard Al Zaafaran Sheikh Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Muataq by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Kalaam by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Isphahan by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Sharqia (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Fazza by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Al Sayad by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Sharqia by Ard Al Zaafaran Khashab Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oudh Al Abiyedh Khasati by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Turab Al Dhahab by Ard Al Zaafaran Ajeeb Ghareeb by Ard Al Zaafaran Nujoom Al Arab Khusoosi by Ard Al Zaafaran