Midnight Oud Eau de Parfum

Midnight Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran
Midnight Oud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ard Al Zaafaran for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is smoky-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Oregano, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Opoponax, Frankincense, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Carlitos01, last update on 20.10.2020.

Updown
Long fun for friends with incense
Midnight Oud starts, as the name suggests, with darker notes. Incense and oud can already be detected here. For the first 10 minutes the fragrance remains in this composition, after which some caramel slowly squeezes in between the two fragrances. After that the scent remains quite linear, with moderate projection and above average performance, about 7-8 hours with me and is quite noticeable.

I think the smell is really good, especially at that price. I would also put it in the same segment as Tom Ford Plum Japonais and Zadig & Voltair This is him! All are quite linear, but share similar notes and have something strikingly different about them. Since I appreciate incense fragrances very much, this fragrance is also very suitable for me. It is also reminiscent of Aesop Hwyl with its slightly courteous wood notes.

A successful oriental fragrance!
SvenScent
Too much gayness and caramel!

Midnight Oud is an oriental scent, which despite oud and frankincense is rather soft and sweet. Compared to 'Oud Mood' by Lataffa for example (similar scent, similar origin, same price range), which I also own, Midnight Oud is much more pompous and has less edges and corners, not to mention animalism. What bothers me most is the sweetish-creamy caramel note that runs through the entire fragrance. This gives the whole fragrance an almost childlike character and eventually becomes too penetrating, in my opinion. Incense, leather and oud, on the other hand, I find very reserved, so that I would definitely like to place the perfume more on the female side.

The shelf life and silage is, as you would expect from an oriental fragrance, extremely good.
But even though Midnight Oud is considered an insiders' tip and a viable alternative to the Amouage Interlude, the scent was unfortunately not quite convincing. As a man I would definitely prefer to go for 'Oud Mood' by Lataffa. This one also has a caramel accord, but much smokier, more masculine and less obtrusive.
RikR315
Extremely positively surprised...Divided opinion.....
Today the Midnight Oud finally arrived. The bottle and packaging is very similar to Amouage Interlude, which I also own.
While testing I sprayed Interlude on the left and Midnight Oud on the right. The opening of Midnight Oud is for me 95% like Interlude. The fragrance develops temporally in the same way, although Midnight Oud is not quite as intense, although this can sometimes be an advantage. After 4 hours the Midnight Oud weakens a little more than the Interlude. Even after showering I could still perceive the Midnight Oud very well.
I didn't think Midnight Oud would be so well connected to the Interlude. For the price, it's certainly worth considering.
I would buy it over and over again, but the original remains for me on the first place. Price or no price, it's just a knockoff.

Vocal13
Best clone on market for me so far
When i starded my fragrance journey ,I have sampled many clones of different fragrances since and i almost gave up on clones, because they always felt cheap to me. I started to be allergic on reviewers, who hype s... for nothing, you know "this is the 95 % clone of certain fragrance" kinda crap. When i hear this i always remember, that we have 98% DNA common with pigs. Does it mean we are the same? in most cases i don´t think so :D.

BUT !!!! .... this is the only clone of a fragrance i decided to buy a full bottle of after sampling. I have Interlude and this one is so close in mid - phase to the original, that it is scary. This is less pungent verison of it, the heavenly drown of interlude comes here much faster, but it´s not so deep and complex (could be + for some people). You can definitely pick up differences in quality, but if you are into clones, you can´t get much better, this is bomb !!!

Go for EDP (no Oil version, oils just eat the "kick" of spices like oregano)

Werkes
The definition of value for money
After I got the chance to test Amouage's Interlude Man, I was really surprised how much I liked the scent. I already knew that there are fragrance twins to many Amouage scents, but until now I was not really interested in them, because you can often only get cheaper scented copies here.
Through an American YouTube channel I then became aware of "Midnight Oud" by Ard Al Zaafaran. The comparison with the perfume reviews confirmed this again.

Long story short. The fragrance landed in my shopping cart for just under 27€ including shipping, the dealer on Ebay is from the UK. No idea how it looks like at the moment or shortly with the customs, I had no problems here at all.

I'm not a fragrance professional and I don't recognize many fragrances like a good Somalian, but the opening of the fragrance comes to me really amazingly close to Interlude Man. In the drydown the fragrance becomes milder, the smoky aromas fade into the background without disappearing completely, the citric note, which is a bit more present at the beginning, I hardly notice anymore, but the fragrance becomes woody-leathery with a not inconsiderable sweetness that almost has a slightly vanilla touch. The fragrance then keeps this composition for a really considerable period of time with a strong presence without being extremely penetrating. The projection is nevertheless strong and you have to be careful with the crowd when you are indoors.
The eponym Oud is present throughout, but I don't really find it appropriate to call the fragrance Midnight Oud.

From the minute I put the scent on for the first time, it reminded me of a scent that somehow stayed in my head. I wondered for a while where this scent came from and today it occurred to me what I took as a reason to write this comment When I was younger, we went to Egypt on holiday with my family. Typical German Touri vacation on an Egyptian club plant, nevertheless there was here and there times an excursion into the surrounding countryside.
The tour started at noon and ended in the early evening in the desert in a small tent village. In the evening everyone was sitting around the fire and the locals were barbecuing goat meat skewers which I found disgusting as a child but I could swear that one of these men wore a scent that still reminds me when I smell Midnight Oud

Conclusion: This fragrance really surprised me, both in its complexity and in its fragrance quality and durability.
The bottle is not very well made. But when you consider how much the fragrance would probably cost in the U.A.E., where it comes from, you quickly realize that the bottle also has a good P/L ratio. You like this kind of scent, otherwise you're bound to have a hard time with it. Still, I give Midnight Oud a clear 10/10 in terms of value for money.
First violent then changeable
My children opened the package and tested the scent in advance. When I noticed the scent, it was like a blow. Midnight Oud starts with a wort explosion, you don't know what you're smelling first. Allspice and oregano come burnt together with the directly perceivable incense. This is intense and not for everyone, but it smells very interesting. Afterwards "burnt" fades away and the smell becomes softer and softer. Incense embedded in sandalwood and amber. Oud permanently swings off slightly but not strongly, the leather is more noticeable. I find a great developing fragrance, craftsmanship is great. As I have not tested Interlude yet, I cannot compare the two. But for the price of this fragrance with the sophistication and top H/S; that's what he says
One sprayer or more..
When I wore this fragrance for the first time, I was fascinated by the durability and sillage. A perfume for this price with such a performance, makes me think again and again about whether expensive niche fragrances are justified their price.
The incense comes very much to validity however is not too importunate. But also other components like the fresh one are not left out of the fragrance. All in all this fragrance is very special so a test before would be advisable but also a blind purchase would not be too bad at this price For me, one of my best blinds

Queruccio
Excellent! it s still a clone, but a great fragrance anyway
It is difficult to explain the fragrance, it is quite unique and it is much easier to go to a perfume shop and try Amouage Interlude for Men.
Not a easy and wearable fragrance, but very luxurious and complex. You will stand out from the mass fragrances, as this is something unusual.
In short, a great clone of Amouage Interlude, differences:
- a touch more sweetness compared to Interlude after 1 hour;
- slight sense of cannabis like smell in the opening, disappearing after 1 hour - which i cant smell in Interlude;
- drydown is more sweet and not very complex and refined as Amouage.

Performance:
- longevity - my skin 6/8 hrs - clothes 24hr.
- projection - my skin 2/3 hrs - clothes 8 hrs.
After 2/3 hrs the projection is almost gone, still u ve a few cms bubble around you which is kind of sweet.

ps. I have just tried also Swiss Arabian shaghaf oud abyad, differences:
- not as sweet as Midnight Oud, a bit more similar to Interlude with less smoke;
- Midnight oud has slightly better performance, probably due to its sweetness in the drydown.

In love
I honestly can't express how nice this smells.
It makes me feel like a vanilla ice cream with incense on top. Compared to oudh 24 it is a lot less sweet and more masculine IMO. But it can totally work as a unisex perfume.

Overall though this is Just great, good projection with only one spray..will have to see how long it lasts.

Test before you buy
Do not blindly buy, even if it has a great price.

On my skin very smokey, usually dry sometimes with light hints of sweetness. It can remind you smoked marshmallows.

Not easy to wear, hard to match with the proper occasion. But I guess that this type of fragrance has some fans
And I agree when you smell it, they are not bad just not in my type. I'm just wondering how you can them unisex

LaurentiuLaurentiu 15 hours ago
After you spray, a blast of pepper-oregano and incense hits you. In the dry-down it's calm, vanilla-incensed oud with oregano/pimento touch.
TeleraTelera 15 days ago
Tan idéntico a INTERLUDE que es increíble. Tanto el aroma de salida como el secado. Por este precio y esta calidad solo diré cosas buenas.
MihaiuMihaiu 12 months ago
heavy, VERY SPICY & incensy oud wood. lead actor is dry CUMIN note. for men
DarkbeatDarkbeat 15 months ago
Hallucinatory!! a drier reinterpretation of Interlude Man, with a fairly high performance, highly recommended for oriental lovers.

by Herkules762
by Einfachich
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular Ard Al Zaafaran

Oud Al Shams by Ard Al Zaafaran Sheikh Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Muataq by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Kalaam by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Isphahan by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Sharqia (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Fazza by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham (Eau de Parfum) by Ard Al Zaafaran Mukhallat Sharqia by Ard Al Zaafaran Oud Al Sayad by Ard Al Zaafaran Shams Al Emarat Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Khashab Al Oud by Ard Al Zaafaran Oudh Al Abiyedh Khasati by Ard Al Zaafaran Dirham Khususi by Ard Al Zaafaran Turab Al Dhahab by Ard Al Zaafaran Ajeeb Ghareeb by Ard Al Zaafaran Nujoom Al Arab Khusoosi by Ard Al Zaafaran