War and Peace Part II 2019

War and Peace Part II by Areej Le Doré
War and Peace Part II is a popular limited perfume by Areej Le Doré for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is animal-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesHimalayan amberHimalayan amber
Base Notes Base NotesSiberian deer musk absoluteSiberian deer musk absolute
Ambergris absoluteAmbergris absolute
Castoreum absoluteCastoreum absolute
Indian oakmossIndian oakmoss
Java vetiver absoluteJava vetiver absolute
CivetCivet
AmberAmber

Submitted by Maggy4u, last update on 20.10.2021.

According to the brand information, this is a slightly changed formula.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume War and Peace by Areej Le Doré, which differs in concentration.

Love it
This fragrance is so animalic i swear i can hear a roar as I'm spraying! Bad joke i know. Seriously though this scent is NOT for everyone but it's definitely for me. The notes in this composition are so natural u can just tell that Russian Adam, the nose behind this fragrance, really went all out on this one and I'm suspecting all the others. It's rather pricey and unfortunately it doesn't stay on the market long after it's released. I love the REAL musk used in this and i love the way it lays on my skin. 10hrs of longevity at least. It also contains castoreum and ambergris of the highest quality.
Eternity
Quite contrary to my previous speaker(s), I am since the first encounter with this fragrance completely and utterly in love with shock. I do not know even more when that is so already times the case gwesen (possibly still with Ceylon and / or Aran).

As with all other fragrances, this is purely subjective, I feel War & Peace II as one of the most successful, most independent, most charismatic and yes, also as one of the best fragrances, I had so far under the nose and on me.
Who can start with dark, serious fragrances and with Animalik even the slightest, should have here really his true joy...
Better one could hardly have implemented the theme.
Darkest night and cobblestone pavement, then tarry, animalic, sweaty, gloomy and deeply smoky fights with seductive, tart rose, mystical-sacred incense and leathery animal warmth.
Frightening on the one hand and beautiful on the other.
For me, an absolute exceptional fragrance.

P.S.: The durability borders on half an eternity.
StefanW
Roses fell into the tar barrel
I have been eagerly awaiting a sample of this fragrance. Not only because this fragrance is very controversially described, but also because it has unusual natural or more precisely animal ingredients that were used for perfumes in ancient times. Even the envelope that contained the sample exuded distinctive scents. Upon opening the sample, I had the impression of standing in a Chinese house in front of the ancestral altar where incense was being burned. After immediately spraying two small sprays on my wrist, I was startled by how strong and pervasive, pungent and acrid the smell was. It was barely bearable to bring the nose close to the skin. Quickly I had to turn it away because it was sheerly too horrible. I have no experience with animal scents in perfumes so I can't say it's musk or civet. I can only reflect what War and Peace smells like in my sensation and experience with scents. Namely, it smells very strongly of tar or asphalt at first, then darkly of roses, then of Asian incense in temples. It also reminded me of a Chinese funeral, a corpse with flowers and perfumed with the typical scented oils and incense. After a few hours, there was a sweaty smell to it. That's the smell of skin that hasn't been washed in several days. Whether this is supposed to be animalistic, I don't know. I once had a cat who sprayed secretions from his glands in the spring. That smelled a little different. But both smells are penetratingly unpleasant. Whether this liquid is an olfactory work of art, I don't know. But as a perfume, I find this creation nothing but disgusting. Who would want to smell like that? Who would like this absolutely, can also work in the road construction at the asphalt machine and sprinkle himself now and then with rose oil and wash over several days on no account. I will refrain from using animal scent ingredients in the future. It is completely unclear to me what fragrant benefit these ingredients are supposed to have. I live in the country surrounded by woods, pastures and cow barns that consistently give off animal scents. Even if it is part of farming, it is simply unpleasant when farmers spread their manure. I don't need a perfume that goes in that direction.

Shourav
The Fragnance that fill up my olfactory desires
My understanding about "War and Peace ll" from the house of "Areej le Dore" by "Russian Adam"

"War and Peace ll" start with a blast of sweet resiness and a heavenly smokiness. The initial blast is overwhelming yet enjoying at the same time. After this phase, the most rich, exotic and natural Ruh Gulab (Essence of Rose) take steering of the wheel with the continuation of most rounded, rich and warmth resiness. Ruh Gulab in here is so smooth and natural without any edges or sharpness. It's like, I'm drowning in bathtub full of Rose Petals. Infact, nothing in the composition of this master blend has no sharpness or edges. Patchouli makes it slightly Smoky and earthy but not like anything herbalish or medicinal. And as "Russian Adam", the master himself said, Orris root makes the whole composition less powdery and more sweet. After these heavenly transitions, here comes the Deer Musk which is said to be co-blended with Ambergris and Castoreum by Russian Adam himself. About this co-absolute, I can only say one thing... May be this is the reason why I don't find it that much animalic that a natural extract of Deer Musk should be. And that made it pretty much wearable for the general crowd whilst an absolute love for the Fragnance Enthusiast like me and many others as well. The blending is as smooth as I can't pinpoint some of the ingredients in the composition, like Vetiver and Civet. I can't literally differentiate Vetiver from other notes whilst at the far drydown when the composition gets darker and animalic, I can feel the Civet is there somewhere.

To be precise, I would pronounce "War and Peace ll" as one the most Mysterious, Sensual, Gothic and Holy fragnance at the same time.

However, "War and Peace ll" is quite a heavenly journey to me. And I full heartedly admit that Every penny I spent on it, absolutely worth it. I have literally no idea about how I should appreciate this kind of a fragnance or how to do justice while elaborating such a composition that contains some of the rarest ingredients in the world!!

This fragnance fills up my olfactory desires to the fullest. And I ❤️ "War and Peace ll"
5.5
Wahhh and wee-wee 3.0
Now as rule conforming comment 3.0
As the content was a bit too hard for one or the other moderator and has been deleted, there is now the child-friendly FSK 6 version filled up with comments from other perfume comments on fragrances that have not been deleted because of your "inappropriate language"
Makes the commentary less authentic, but I want to stick to the rules, don't I ?

If the comment is deleted again now, this is really only pure arbitrariness.
I apologize already now for the more than pithy headline and the possibly following emotional outbursts!
Disclaimer: Actually you shouldn't have to put it in front of it, but some soft-hearted people might feel offended by what is about to follow, which is certainly not my intention!

One can now alone already be able to enjoy the real deer musk. (even if Mr. Russian states that these animals were not killed because of the perfume production and the animals were shot one way or another under strict conditions)
However, the Siberian deer, also known as the Siberian musk deer, is one of the endangered species whose population has been brought to the brink of extinction over the decades through excessive hunting and poaching. (About the attempt to keep the musk deer in captivity, I don't even want to talk !)

It would be difficult to answer the school question now... are it the poachers, the countries Russia and China who have looked away for years, the traditional medicine, for example the perfume industry, or even the consumer himself?
Who am I, who dares to deal with such a complex topic in a perfume commentary.
Each of the mentioned ones is surely partly to blame....but am I the right one to raise my index finger and to address admonishing incantations to all of them ?
Certainly not, because I am also partly to blame,no question...(I test the scent and offer him a platform)

Now what would be the right way ?
A boycott? Stricter penalties? Look at this Look away? Point with your finger ?
I can't answer it myself Just what can I answer ?
Is it a good perfume?
What is the benchmark for this ?

I tried it once like this...
On one side of the weighing pan I have a cow pat with the weight of 1kg ... on the other one with the weight of 500g
The only thing that changes is the weight of the manure but it remains what it is... Crap! I can dose as much or little...the overdose of deer musk in almost all the fragrances of Areej, makes it in my nose and the nose of my fellow men to an experience that is simply disgusting
In my opinion this has little to do with fine and distinguished perfume art, it is rather the type of fragrance that brazenly flaunts its own genitals in an exhibitionistic way and displays its swelling masculinity - regardless of whether others find it disgusting or not.
It's obscene, it's pushy, it's "kinky"

For me personally, animal scents have something to do with a sensual, physical but also wild and, as the name suggests, animal experience...but and this is the crux of the matter, always in a certain context For me, a "Musc Ravageur" shows very well how great and balanced perfume art works, which can intensify a sensual experience and, with the right dosage, can also pass as a normal fragrance.

But War and Peace Part II, whether you like it or not, bangs its full sexual debauchery from left to right around your ears and is as happy as a 7 year old who has just had his first Coke sugar shock!
Therefore, in my opinion, the fragrance can only be worn privately or in a certain group of people, where everyone involved is clear about what you are getting involved in.
God knows I am not a prude, but I don't want to be olfactorically "happy" in my olfactory orifices all the time in public (in the office, while shopping, in the waiting room etc.)!

Of course, it is all a question of perception, but I would like to hide the 9 hours completely and wait until the fragrance develops into a rough, stripped leather and becomes wearable ?
I don't think I have to judge it for what it is and that is in my nose and in the nose of my fellow men I have asked, a smoky, steaming, rough and piping spawn (and please take spawn literally!)

If the fragrance is supposed to capture the struggle between death and life, it is a clear conceptual fragrance that tends to be more in the "art direction" and with art it is often so...to one person Joseph Beuys "fat corner" is revelation, to the other "garbage" that can go away.

What I have learnt over the years is that you can't please everybody and that an opinion should also stimulate discourse, which is perhaps more important here than ever.

Craftsmanship may be great, the raw materials ancient, authentic and we live in a time (whether it is good or not) where everyone can do what they want...but it is not sustainable and not publicly justifiable !

ps: Here's a quote for his latest creation, Cuir de Russie, so I'll stop being benevolent: (Without indication of source, because linking is not allowed)
The leather here rapidly becomes far too thickly musky, smoky, dirty, and animalic to resemble that - which brings me to Cuir de Russie's "beaver tail oil." I asked Russian Adam what it was; I knew it couldn't be castoreum because the latter comes from beaver castor glands. I'll spare you the precise details but Adam said the materials were ethically sourced from beavers that were killed within legal limits and were not killed for perfumery, and that the ensuing, extracted oil smelled "like a castoreum times ten with a delicious faucets of fermented hindi oud..."

I'm just saying it's delicious!
pps. I love you all and the moderators can already trust you to be able to discuss sensibly
ppps: Unfortunately the comment is now quite distorted, but I wanted to publish it anyway, because it was important to me !

Adresc87
La bestia negra de la perfumería, no por el color de la botella sino de su contenido:
Para mí es un aroma difícil de explicar, lo mejor que he olido en mí vida a pesar de que tengo varios perfumes de la calidad nicho...de momento me hizo recordar mí niñez no se porqué, pero hasta ahora es lo mejor que tengo en mí armario con un punto algo dulzón que me encanta (será porque tengo war and peace II y no la versión original) es algo cóstoso, pero vale lo que cuesta está experiencia olfativa única, es mi nuevo perfume firma.
Para mí es un 11/10. Tiene estela, tiene proyección, tiene duración, de todo, de todo. Es una bestia negra de la perfumería, Espectacular. Truco para esté perfume: solo un spray de cerquita en la clavícula izquierda y un spray de cerquita en la clavícula derecha, (ojo con la ropa, echeló sin la camisa puesta) coja el dedo índice y corazón y exparsalo suavemente hacia arriba con dirección al cuello el extracto de parfum, um... Que delicia de perfume, que ámbar tan delicado, que lirio tan bien equilibrado y tan bien elaborado, que ricura de fragancia Animalica-fougére... El secado si es que lo dije antes es espectacular,(un almizclado dulzón, no mucho pero si...) mi nueva fragancia masculina firma por mucho tiempo. Gracias areej le dore por sacar está obra de arte a la luz.

My Peace
With War and Peace, Russian Adam celebrated the fastest selling fragrance in the history of the perfume house. Due to small quantities and the associated limitation. For me personally the first War and Peace was too close to the (unfortunately discontinued) Koh-i-Noor from the same house. Well, but somehow not with so much potential that I absolutely had to have it.

In War and Peace II we now experience a conscious reformulation without leaving the building plan of the fragrance. And these little tweaks are really really well done. And suddenly the scent plays into my cards.

Why? Here we go!

In the first War and Peace, a somewhat prickly animalism was a real thorn in my side. It irritated me and above all it corresponded to the DNA of the musk tincture, combined with a good portion of Biebergeil. This stinging chord lasted forever and polarized (with my skin chemistry) especially for me as a carrier. I like edgy - but I should still like to smell myself ;)

This is different in the revised version. Here, in spite of the full niche, more harmony is at work. This is achieved by two components. The fossil amber is more resinous and therefore rounder. At the same time the sharpness of the iris, as well as its powdery quality, is somewhat reduced. So the fragrance is now more of an animal chypré with resinous tones.

And it pushes pretty much every button in my life.

One sprayer's enough for the office. Two sprayers for the club.
(Anything above that could trigger a retaliatory strike.) ;)

So if you thought Diaghilev was ingenious but too nice, here is the version that might actually be worth its price.

PS: I found it exciting that apparently in a radius of 2-3 meters it is mainly the sweeter chords that create the mood, while the animalistic chords are gradually added as they approach the epicenter

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 month ago
Initially smoky soapy-floral, a warm and resinous, animalic/leathery earthy-floral Winter fragrance, balanced by a solid earthy-woody base.
Robsam21Robsam21 2 years ago
It is a statement maker with the Indian rise and Musk...blow you away....constant struggle!!!
Adresc87Adresc87 2 years ago
De daría un 11/10 ... 11 sobré 10, es una obra de arte, una bestia negra de la perfumería... Que calidad tan excelente.

by Rosie88
by DuftMoasta
by Robsam21
by Robsam21

Popular Areej Le Doré

Oud Zen by Areej Le Doré Ottoman Empire by Areej Le Doré Grandenia by Areej Le Doré Oud Zhen by Areej Le Doré Koh-i-Noor by Areej Le Doré Russian Musk II by Areej Le Doré Musk Lave by Areej Le Doré Antiquity by Areej Le Doré Baikal Gris (Extrait de Parfum) by Areej Le Doré Chinese Oud / 中國沉香 by Areej Le Doré Atlantic Ambergris by Areej Le Doré War and Peace by Areej Le Doré Agar de Noir by Areej Le Doré Oud Luwak (Extrait de Parfum) by Areej Le Doré Oud Picante by Areej Le Doré Ottoman Empire III by Areej Le Doré Russian Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Areej Le Doré Malik Al Taif (Extrait de Parfum) by Areej Le Doré Siberian Musk by Areej Le Doré Russian Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by Areej Le Doré