Cloud 2018Eau de Parfum

Cloud (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande
Cloud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ariana Grande for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Pear, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut cream, Praliné, Vanilla orchid
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Woods

Submitted by CPL, last update on 01.12.2020.

NiceSmell
Luxury BlingBling at a designer price
Yes, we all know that the cloud is a dupe of the BR540. Everyone can decide for himself whether he wants to wear the original or a Dupe. I personally have no problem with wearing the cloud. I know the BR540 and find the Cloud smells 95% the same. It even has a coconut note that I really like
In terms of silage/performance/durability it is in no way inferior to the BR540. It is a powerhouse at a low price. An elegant luxury sweetness that is strong and yet not too obtrusive In addition, as already mentioned, the coconut that makes you dream.

A luxury BlingBling for a small price with super durability and strong appearance.

You can think what you like about the bottle. I think it fits the NAmen and is a nice gimmick.
The sweet coconut
For me this perfume is a good alternative to the rather expensive Baccarat Rouge 540.
When I wore the original and the next day Cloud, I could see no or only minimal difference for the first moment. I find Cloud even a little more interesting. He has a skilful coconut note, which I like very much.
Performance and durability is in my eyes almost equal to the original. Lasts very long and projects very well.

Alilove
Self mixed from Barbie's magic box
This scent has disappointed me immensely. How often has it been touted by so many youtubers and bloggers as the fragrance twin of Baccarat Rouge 540...I definitely can't see the slightest resemblance here. It would be a shame for a fragrance costing more than 200 Euros if it were so easy to copy it. I also think it is quite good that there is no imitation of unique scents, which does not mean that even the cheap ones can smell good and individual.

But this mixture is only reminiscent of homemade water from Barbie's experimental kit, because it rises so chemically and plastically and is only annoying for the wearer. The coconut appears here very sticky sweet and aquatic and mixes rather negatively with the musty woods that already stinging in the nose. The scent is very poor and cheap. Other ingredients cannot be recognized despite all the love
Vivien1001
Floating on a cloud of cotton candy
First of all: The fragrance is sold as a dupe to Baccarat Rouge 540. Unfortunately I can't say anything about this, because I don't own the scent of MFK. Nevertheless, I would like to give my opinion about the fragrance.

I like the scent very much in the evening for sleeping, because the sweet cloud of sugar and coconut surrounds me warmly. Shortly after spraying the scent has a very light plastic note, which I don't like at all. But thank god it disappears relatively fast.

After that it will be a very girlish fragrance that will appeal especially to young ladies. It has a very large sillage and a great durability.
Not particularly suitable for warm summer days, in my opinion rather a warm and cuddly autumn/winter scent.

I like it very much in spite of its girlish smell, because it surrounds you warmly and gives a secure feeling

Ignorabilis
The teenage girl with her head in the clouds
First I want to apologize to everyone who loves Cloud. I know how emotional one can get when a negative review pops up about a beloved perfume. So I’m already sorry for the following review.

I bought a 7,5ml sample of this and have forced myself to wear this all in all for more than seven days now (and still have a lot of it left). I really gave it a try and I wanted to love this so so much.

The opening is bizarre. I get the lavender, pear and something sweet but for me they don’t blend. It’s like every single note tries to stand out on its own so they all seem to be competing with each other instead of blending together. It’s pure chaos.
In the dry down the musk becomes more and more prominent – and with the musk I notice a heavy plasticy smell. I mean really heavy!

The first days I tried this I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. I didn’t get it and just sat there asking myself „Is this really the perfume everyone is raving about?“. It was so weird that I couldn’t even hate it. I just wore it for hours trying to like it until I scratched it off again when the plastic smell got to heavy.

To me Cloud by Ariana Grande is a teenage girl, constantly nagging and being overdramatic about the smallest things. She's trying so hard to act like a sophisticated and sexy grown up with her sticky 1$-lipgloss while actually being so indecisive.

But then she holds so much power and stubbornness! She doesn’t know what she wants but she wants it all. This perfume stays on me forever. I mean forever! I sprayed it on my wrist once and 20h later I could still smell it.

Some days it can be quite fun wearing it because it smells so weird. But I would never consider wearing it for days I want to smell good.

I have never smelled BR540 so I can’t say anything about their similarity. I’m talking here about Cloud as Cloud and not Cloud as a BR540 dupe. Since some stated in the reviews though that BR540 smells less plasticy, I can just guess that it would be a more authentic grown-up version of this.

Maybe this perfume just doesn’t work with my skin chemistry at all. It could be that for others it works well. So I’ll just leave with saying: This is the absolute opposite of a safe blind buy :)
Unnecessary
Based on my personal perception. I became aware of this fragrance through the ever-loving Mr Fragrance. A BR 540 clone for a windfall of money? Sounds tempting. But to me, it has nothing to do with baccarat rouge. Not with the eau de parfum or the Extrait. You can see the attempt to clone BR, but the rough edges that form its character have been polished so smooth with the sweet coconut that it smells like a 0815 women's shower gel. Besides, it is even more synthetic than BR 540, which I had hardly thought possible. Reminds me rather of sweetish - sticky stuff like Herod, but in a very cheap way. Durability is with 3 to maximum 4 hours for the price quite ok. But I have rarely seen a uglier, more unwieldy bottle. So I strongly advise against a purchase, not to mention a blind buy.
Good smell, but...
...not an actual fragrance twin to Baccarat Rouge 540! Sure, he doesn't have to ;)

I had bought it because I was very interested when he was appointed to baccarat as Dupe. Since the price is totally ok, I had ordered it blind (OMG I wanted to stop these blind purchases!!!).
He arrived
I open the not really nice packaging full of expectation
Remove the ugly plastic cloud (who needs that?!)
Spray it on...

And think to myself ..oh yes, it really reminds me of Baccarat Rouge...this thought lasted a whole 2 minutes xD !
Then I smell a lot of coconut, fruit and sweetness! Not bad, because the scent is still a very well done scent...especially for a celebrity scent! :)
It is sweet, fruity but still very summery (probably because of the coconut) and has a very good shelf life and sillage...for the price it is really well done I must admit...
BUT not comparable to the Queen of Fragrances...my Love Baccarat

DAIsYCLOUDs
Do you stare up at the sky counting the clouds, wondering if i'm thinking about us?
Lie in the warm summer green and let life pass by for a short moment.
To think about the wonderful things,
who could be. Like a swarm that feels out of reach and can't get out of your head. The one with whom you would like to imagine your life together. The one who can make you blush with one look The one that makes you feel like you're gently floating on cloud nine
Oh yes, Cloud by Ariana Grande is a true daydream fragrance In my opinion, the flacon is a perfect example of this. The little cloud stand is supposed to make the perfume float on clouds. But the bottle is rather simple and light, in a beautiful sky blue. ♡

But let's get to the most important thing,
the smell. With the first sprays on my wrist I can clearly perceive a mixture of the lavender and the pear, even some of the coconut cream.
The fragrance goes in the sweet-gourmand direction, but is not obtrusive, pungent or penetratingly sweet. I think the lavender brings a good balance in the fragrance combination.
As the day progresses, the fruity notes slowly fade away and turn into a warm vanilla and cashmere scent. But the coconut and lavender have not yet said goodbye, and I can still perceive them throughout the fragrance.
Luckily, since I really got into this combination of lavender + coconut
in love.

Short conclusion at the end:
In my opinion, the perfume rightly won the "Perfume of the Year" award. It's so pleasantly sweet and creamy and at the same time airy and light, you can't go wrong with the fragrance.
Some say that the bottle is cheesy or looks cheap. I think Ariana has done a perfect job with the display because it simply fits the theme and is something different. :) The only criticism I would have is that the whole bottle smells like plastic in the beginning, but that will fade after a while.
Moreover, the price-performance ratio is more than ok :D
Alternative to Baccarat Rouge 540
I'm shocked! For me an incredibly good Dupe to Baccarat Rouge 540.

Definitely not so complex, sweeter and not so unisex anymore.
But for a celebrity perfume it smells super special. Wouldn't it look so horrible...

To the fragrance:

I smell, like BR 540, marshmallows around the campfire. Only here the fire is still in its early stages I smell fresh caramel with great roasting aromas. But somehow the perfumer managed to make it not disgustingly sweet, but gentle.
It is definitely sweeter than BR 540, but maybe even more portable because of it.
It's not getting to be too much for me, though.

Shelf life/silage:

The fragrance really does last. 6h loose.

The Sillage is quite good, but not to compare with the Beast BR 540.

Conclusion:

A cheaper, sweeter alternative to BR 540, which lasts long and is quite perceptible. For me, however, no longer unisex like BR 540.

P.S.: please take off this disgusting plastic cloud immediately when you unpack the perfume. It smells so much like plastic that you almost lose the desire to smell it.
Kleopatra
Between yes, no and maybe
If I hadn't read here that this fragrance is supposed to be similar to Baccarat Rouge, I would never have tested the scent! The girl (Ariana Grande) doesn't tell me much, and the bottle, oops, well, I'm not the target group. But since I have a sample of Baccarat Rouge here, I'm curious. So I tested Cloud on the road, did some work in between and wondered what smelled so great there. On the way back he had to say ;)

Cloud is a two-in-one fragrance. In the aura I can actually see a certain similarity to Baccarat Rouge. When you spray like this, go out and come back in, there's actually a fragrance wafting in that direction. I really like that!

But I can also understand all those who say that Cloud bears absolutely no resemblance to Baccarat Rouge. If you sniff directly at the sprayed area, even after two or more hours, you won't notice anything at all about Baccarat Rouge. I smell a warm, fluffy, creamy scent with a very subtle coconut note, and the whole thing is very pleasant, unobtrusive and not at all artificial, as I actually expected or feared.

So are they similar? Yes. No. Or maybe they are. A little bit
But what I can say with certainty is that I am more than pleasantly surprised by this scent. Cloud doesn't smell synthetic to me at all, but rather round, warm and very pleasant, with a sweetness that is not overwhelming or sticky - and with hints of Baccarat Rouge.

Still, I wouldn't say that Cloud is a scented twin. Anyone who wants to buy Cloud as a cheap substitute for Baccarat Rouge will probably be disappointed. But if you like the direction, with Cloud you will definitely get a nice and affordable fragrance!

By the way, you can remove the cloud from the bottle. That doesn't look quite like children's perfume in the bathroom anymore ;)

LemonadiLemonadi 10 months ago
Blasphemy! I prefer this over BR540 which I tend to go nose blind to. In the air, it smells exactly the same. Long lastig. Plasticky bottle.
MRothMRoth 1 year ago
Coconut milk, fluffy synthetic musk and plastic bandaids. Not as sweet or cloying as the notes suggest; surprisingly refined, yet moreish.
TruckladyTrucklady 1 year ago
Toasted coconut sprinkled over whipped cream.

Pures Glück in einem kleinen Fläschchen
by AFreimann
by Baran1984
by Baran1984

Popular Ariana Grande

Moonlight (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande Ari (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande R.E.M. by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Limited Edition by Ariana Grande Frankie by Ariana Grande