Cloud 2018 Eau de Parfum

Cloud (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande
Bottle Design Powershovel
Cloud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ariana Grande for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Kissing Burns 6.4 Calories A Minute. Wanna Workout?

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender
PearPear
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut creamCoconut cream
PralinéPraliné
Vanilla orchidVanilla orchid
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
WoodsWoods

Submitted by CPL, last update on 21.10.2021.

Tabre
Good fragrance for lovers of sweet scents
The Cloud perfume definitely smells - as many write here - very similar to the Baccarat Rouge. However, what bothers me about the Baccarat Rouge, if anyone should feel the same way, is the in my opinion quite strong "salty" note. This is not present in Cloud. So if you like the sweet component of Baccarat Rouge, Cloud perfume could definitely be for you. Also in itself, the fragrance is in my opinion beautifully made, nicely rounded and lasts surprisingly well :)
BavarianGirl
With the daughter in the perfumery / Love or hate?
I went to the perfumery with my three year old daughter at the beginning of this month and smelled my way through a few fragrances. In the process, we also went past Cloud. My daughter saw the bottle and fell in love with it. She really wanted to try it. I wanted to go on - I love sweet scents but the ones from Ariana Grande were always too sticky, pungent, childish. But no, she wanted to try it, so I sprayed it on a test strip and when I smelled it, I thought it was actually quite ok! Well, I thought from the price also quite ok, then we buy hin halt. (My daughter of course overjoyed)

So! at home then rude awakening! When I cloud in peace at home aufgesprüht I found hin terrible!!! For me, he smelled like dirty cotton candy that stings the nose! So I put hin in the basement with my other hate scents (that I once got as a gift).
A few days later, however, my daughter asked for this fragrance again. Then I got it again and sprayed it on. But suddenly he liked me!? ka maybe something is wrong with me xD (have that experienced more often that a fragrance I did not like and later already! and exactly the same vice versa)
He smells now for me after smoky cotton candy! very sweet but also somehow mystical!
For me an autumn scent! He holds only 4 hours but has always a top sillage!
In the end, the love has won with this fragrance!
Yankee
A little overhyped, but you can do...
First of all: The bottle is really a great idea, the "Cloud" in which the bottle stands but is made of hard rubber (or something like that) and scares me rather. So the perfume stands with me without Cloud in the collection, is perhaps also rather for younger girls pretty to look at, but not quite so practicable.

The fragrance has disappointed me a little. Smells, as already described here, after smoky cotton candy and is now nothing that I would call directly a "woman's fragrance" and also no fragrance, which enchants, surprises or raises the question of the perfume used today in the room. For a fragrance, which runs under Ariana Grandes name, rather loveless and disappointing.

Of course, you can still wear Cloud, but it's just nothing special. Above all, I lack a clear statement in this fragrance. Sillage and durability are surprisingly good, but that's also due to the very sweet fragrance characteristics.
Raffatja
Cloudy, with a view to blessing
* A review in two parts

Part 1 - The Cloud

Scent:

Ariane Grande - Cloud is a sweet, somehow also slightly fresh and moderately heavy fragrance, which presents itself not too complex, but exceedingly pleasing. Sweet, but not sultry. I barely smell coconut, and what I do smell of it, I tend to sniff out in the second half of the scent. The little cloud is often described as cotton candy in a bottle, there's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't do the scent full justice. A girl scent, too sweet for real men one reads from many... nonsense. Please sit in the next DeLorean and make your way into the 21st century. Cloud is absolutely unisex, man must of course be sure of his sexuality and self-esteem to wear such fragrances.

Score: 8/10

Features:

Durability and sillage are okay, not only given the low price. The scent progression is manageable, actually the fragrance just gets progressively sweeter until it comes to rest slightly woody-warm on the skin. Nothing exciting, but God knows not bad.

Score: 7/10

Other:

The presentation is a horror. The squeaky-colorful packaging stages the namesake, which is frankly completely unknown to me, and seems loud and cheap. The bottle itself is a monstrum horrendum, and hard to beat in tastelessness.

Score: 2/10

Score:

Very pleasing fragrance water, which you would not expect in the repulsive packaging so. The fragrance is designed primarily certainly for young and young-at-heart ladies, but in essence quite unisex. Sweet, not overbearingly heavy and exceedingly nice and pleasing.

Buy!
Part 2 - Blessing or rain?

Of course, you have to take a stand on the elephant in the room when writing about Cloud: Is this fragrance a Baccarat Rouge clone? Yes. I don't know who on God's green earth would seriously deny its proximity to Kurkdjian's masterpiece. Especially on platforms like this one, please, don't tell me you have to look at the fragrance for its own sake. Who would be talking about this thing if there wasn't this other scent that's many times more expensive? No one. So please stop this bigoted posturing.

A whole other question is whether Cloud is a "good" clone... and that question is not quite so easy to answer. Let me put it this way, if one loves mostly the sweet, lovely, and candy-like elements of BR 540, then absolutely, yes. If you prefer more of the slightly medicinal, subtly spicy element and molecular lightness, then rather not. Hey, how many of you keep typing in comments on Baccarat Rouge that you don't like that very "dentist smell" about Monsieur Kurkdjian's concoction? Good news, buy this one. Cloud is Baccarat Rouge EdP without said notes, plus some coconut syrup. Voilà.

Oh, and of course, as always, there are those who want to tell us that their favorite in particular is a 99.99999999% similar copy of BR 540... no, it's not. If someone wants Baccarat Rouge, in all details, notes and concerns, then he/she/div please buy the original right away, instead of wasting so much money searching for the holy grail of shameless plagiarism that it would have been easily enough for a real bottle of Kurkdjian.
Is Ariana Grande - Cloud a near-baccaarat rouge? Yes,, it is. As such, does it come close to the original? Not on your life. And that's just fine. But for all those who can't afford or don't want to buy the original (it hurts me to reach into my wallet every time I shop for Kurkdjians, too), and can live with a slightly sweeter, less complex version, Cloud is an absolute banker and well worth the price.

Thank you!
Roselfi
"Just" a cotton candy cloud water?
I first smelled Cloud on a friend who was a total Ariana Grande fan and enthusiastically bought the scent after it came out.
Well, what good friend breaks her friend's heart and tells her that the fragrance is not nice at all? Not me, as honest as I am about fragrances.
But liked I Cloud in any case not.
I found this synthetic, shrill cotton candy cloud water with the even more synthetic musk-coconut blend (new tongue twister :D) unbearable, especially in the winter time.

So the fragrance stuck in my memories quite negatively for a few years.

Until the other day, when I was standing at the train station on a hot, stifling summer day, waiting for the train, totally exhausted.

In the heat, it was impossible to wear the mask outside. Therefore, I had it pulled down until the train came.
It suddenly wafted sweet, almost masculine, cool musk notes over.
A synthetic scent, but somehow totally pleasant and appealing in the stifling heat.

Even on the train, this scent kept wafting over. Sitting across from me was a middle-aged couple, young, bright and athletically dressed.
Is one of them wearing Cloud?
No, I thought to myself, even though I haven't tested the "original" of this dupe, one of them must surely be wearing BR 540, I thought;
they would never wear a fragrance like Cloud.

Just before I exited, I asked them both if they were wearing perfume
and if so, which one - and sure enough. The lady I was apparently standing at the same train stop with and sitting across from on the train was wearing Cloud.

Suddenly, the flashy teen scent had become an elegant, young, unisex summer scent. Definitely has a recognition value, but is super dependent on the wearer, place, time, temperature and occasion and not for the skin of everyone / woman, as I find.

I find it amazing how you can get to know fragrances again and again.
Absolute favorite scent!
I had my first good experience with Ari by Ariana Grande and wanted to test the new fragrance. Since then it has been my absolute favorite! Spoiler: Ari can't begin to compare to Cloud.

I tend to get "sick" of fragrances very quickly, which is why I do very well with 30ml bottles. If they are empty, my interest in this fragrance is also satisfied. With Cloud it is different.
For me, on the one hand, he is the fragrance for everyday life, which is pulled out on days when I feel special. On the other hand, I wear it when I go out. For me, the fragrance exudes something attractive. The sillage is excellent with me.
If the hair or clothing is sprayed, the scent remains partly for days. The only criticism: The flacon could have been designed a little more adult
Laralina
BR, only cuter and without a dentist
Funnily enough, I got BR and Cloud on the same day. I didn't know either before and then had one on each arm. Cloud is BR for me, only sweeter and without that touch of dentist.

In my opinion, Cloud can be worn by a man as well, it's not clearly a woman's perfume to me.
From the first impression, I don't want it. It lasted about half an hour and then I found him really great and have concluded to keep him, which I actually did not intend.

The flacon could be nicer. I have this ugly plastic thing immediately removed and thrown away, because the entire box has stunk afterwards.

For a celebrity fragrance, however, I'm really happy with it. I don't really use those anymore as a rule, but this one I will wear more often. Now many will probably call me a philistine, but I actually like it better than BR. (Probably because on my skin the dentist comes out so badly)
What can I say,
i bought it because it was touted on YouTube as the Baccarat Rouge clone par excellence and I thought, ok then I'll test times the and then decide whether I buy the 540.
I haven't smelled the BR540 yet, but will order a souk and compare.
I can't say anything against the Cloud. I really like the scent. Is definitely times what different. H/S are brutal for the price. I smell him all day on me and on the shirt even 2 days later. Definitely recommend for the price. Even if he should not resemble the BR540, I would not be disappointed
Shock of the day!
Ariana Grande Cloud is described by many as a dupe to Baccarat Rouge 540. This made me very curious. I asked myself, how can that be? A fragrance that is so cheap can't smell the same as a fragrance in the price range of Baccarat Rouge, can it?
Accordingly, skeptical, I ordered a miniature of Ariana Grande Cloud and was curious what to expect.
Yesterday, the fragrance arrived with me and I had to test him of course immediately!
What can I say... I am shocked.
For my nose he smells 95% the same!
I couldn't believe what I was smelling yesterday. It really does smell almost exactly like Baccarat Rouge to my nose! Only the coconut contained comes out a bit with the Cloud. Longevity was also very good. I am really very surprised by this result! I really did not expect this. The bottle looks of course very cheap and does not correspond at all to my taste. But all in all, price-performance is right here!

What do you say? Are the two fragrances alike or is something wrong with my nose?

I think I'm getting old
For a few weeks now, this nougat cloud has been haunting my Metkzettel. Today I finally got to test this fragrance at the blue D on my skin.
So sprayed on and sniffed it: phew is that a sugary fragrance cloud on my wrist.
Now an hours later, the sugary note has already faded significantly, but Cloud smells on me like the Kinderbueno filling. And I ask myself right now "who wants that?"
I feel with my 25 years and 363 days feel way too old for it, anyway.
The scent from the bottle isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not a nougat cloud.

LemonadiLemonadi 2 years ago
Blasphemy! I prefer this over BR540 which I tend to go nose blind to. In the air, it smells exactly the same. Long lastig. Plasticky bottle.
MRothMRoth 2 years ago
Coconut milk, fluffy synthetic musk and plastic bandaids. Not as sweet or cloying as the notes suggest; surprisingly refined, yet moreish.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Toasted coconut sprinkled over whipped cream.

Pures Glück in einem kleinen Fläschchen
by Amadea70
by Chico75
by Chico75

Popular Ariana Grande

Moonlight (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Ari (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande R.E.M. by Ariana Grande God is a Woman by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Limited Edition by Ariana Grande Frankie by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande Ari (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande Cloud 2.0 Intense by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next 2.0 by Ariana Grande Cloud (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande Moonlight (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande