Cloud 2018Eau de Parfum

Cloud (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande
Bottle Design Powershovel
Cloud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ariana Grande for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Pear, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoconut cream, Praliné, Vanilla orchid
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Woods

Submitted by CPL, last update on 24.02.2021.

Very solid fragrance
Yes, I am also the BR 540 Dupe trap tapped ... However, I never had the opportunity to test the original on myself. On others it always smelled like a sweet delicious cloud. What a coincidence...
The flacon is unfortunately very ugly and I would have appreciated It, If one would have remained casual. Nevertheless, Cloud is a successful fragrance for everyday use, which also earns some compliments. Both from man and woman :) personally I would not get it again, but try the Burberry Her Intense Dupe . Still a great fragrance at a good price for 16-25 year olds.
A cherry on the cake of everyday life or: Love at 2nd sight
I first encountered "Cloud" by Ariana Grande shortly after its release in the blue D. Determined I went to the somewhat kitschy for me bottle and sprayed him bravely on the back of my hand. "Oh no, it smells funny, it's not for me" was my verdict. At the time. In fact, it smelled quite masculine to me at the time, not at all creamy-coconutty, and it was because of that note that I wanted to try it. I was disappointed and a bit pissed.

Thanks to Parfumo, I dared to try it again last fall and ordered it blind, since "Cloud" is nowhere to be found in our drugstores. And this 2nd chance was really a stroke of luck :-)
The cloud really stinks beastly of plastic, I have it - like many others -
thrown away.
The first impression was a bit tart, as then, but not directly masculine, rather unisex. Maybe my nose has also become more refined or the fragrance was then not yet "ripe" for me, such a thing shoulds yes.
Lavender, bergamot and pear I can smell out without problems. Pleasant and quite extraordinary for a celebrity fragrance. Soon comes the coconut cream to it, which I find really quite delicious, beautiful and to bite, but not too sticky, which I like very much.
As the scent moved to the base, it felt incredibly familiar to me. I had to think a bit before I came up with it: "Original" by s.oliver, which was once my signature scent and is still very happy to wear. I think "Cloud" smells exactly like "Original" in the base only with a bit of coconut cream. Beautiful. The base note is consistently intense for hours. In fact, until it fades out, the lavender still resonates and ensures that the scent doesn't get too pop-sweet and stays grown up in a way. The durability is really very good, on the clothes I smell it for days, even on the skin it is still perceptible in the evening. I could imagine the quite also for me as a signature fragrance, if I had not "La Nuit Tresor a la folie" of Lancome verfallen.
Finally once again a "Promiduft" with depth and a well used 2nd chance :-)
Bright and cloudy
The bottle of Cloud is visually well done, if you like cute, not too serious designs. It reminds me of a children's perfume, but I think it's meant to appeal to teens and young adults anyway. Since I remained a kid at heart, I like the look of the bottle. I consider the white and blue geometric cloud design to have artistic merit with its slightly comic book vibe. Many buyers of Cloud are absolutely not fans of the plastic cloud stand, but for me, that little cloud is a big selling point: the bottle stands sturdy and well-protected in its holder, which I find very practical. Between some boring bottles of my perfume collection Cloud gives with his cloud the certain "je ne sais qoi".
At first spray, the fragrance comes across as a men's scent, which at first surprised me a lot, if not irritated me. This prelude reminds me of oriental and sweet men's fragrances, which I have often perceived at parties on various men in passing. This does not necessarily correspond to my personal taste, to be honest.
After the perfume has settled on the skin after a short while, the scent turns into a creamy, creamy coconut praline. It smells incredibly delicious and rich - simply scrumptious! Since I have a sweet tooth, love to bake and adore everything that springs from the world of confectionery and patisserie, I am of course happy about this development.
I think the scent is just heavenly. I have to close my eyes and sniff my sweater all the time. This fragrance invites you to dream on cloud 7, so the name "Cloud" fits really well.
I'm not an Ariana fan so I'm not familiar with her music, but her scents are already killer. The price-performance ratio of Cloud (as well as R.E.M.) is insane. You get a high-quality celebrity fragrance for a reasonable price, which does not come in the 0815 flacon, whose content lasts incredibly long, which smells insanely good and is in no way boring.
Rubi
Coconut body lotion as perfume
As someone who has not yet smelled the BR540 and ordered this fragrance purely out of interest as a blind buy, I am absolutely satisfied. Find him in the first 2 hours very powdery and sweet. In the dry-down, it reminds me very much of a coconut body lotion from a well-known drugstore and since I even own it, I mean that only in a positive way.

Holds with me a whole day and is even still on the pillow the next morning to sniff. As a man wearable. Why not?
NiceSmell
Luxury BlingBling at a designer price
Yes, we all know that the cloud is a dupe of the BR540. Everyone can decide for himself whether he wants to wear the original or a Dupe. I personally have no problem with wearing the cloud. I know the BR540 and find the Cloud smells 95% the same. It even has a coconut note that I really like
In terms of silage/performance/durability it is in no way inferior to the BR540. It is a powerhouse at a low price. An elegant luxury sweetness that is strong and yet not too obtrusive In addition, as already mentioned, the coconut that makes you dream.

A luxury BlingBling for a small price with super durability and strong appearance.

You can think what you like about the bottle. I think it fits the NAmen and is a nice gimmick.
The sweet coconut
For me this perfume is a good alternative to the rather expensive Baccarat Rouge 540.
When I wore the original and the next day Cloud, I could see no or only minimal difference for the first moment. I find Cloud even a little more interesting. He has a skilful coconut note, which I like very much.
Performance and durability is in my eyes almost equal to the original. Lasts very long and projects very well.

Alilove
Self mixed from Barbie's magic box
This scent has disappointed me immensely. How often has it been touted by so many youtubers and bloggers as the fragrance twin of Baccarat Rouge 540...I definitely can't see the slightest resemblance here. It would be a shame for a fragrance costing more than 200 Euros if it were so easy to copy it. I also think it is quite good that there is no imitation of unique scents, which does not mean that even the cheap ones can smell good and individual.

But this mixture is only reminiscent of homemade water from Barbie's experimental kit, because it rises so chemically and plastically and is only annoying for the wearer. The coconut appears here very sticky sweet and aquatic and mixes rather negatively with the musty woods that already stinging in the nose. The scent is very poor and cheap. Other ingredients cannot be recognized despite all the love
Vivien1001
Floating on a cloud of cotton candy
First of all: The fragrance is sold as a dupe to Baccarat Rouge 540. Unfortunately I can't say anything about this, because I don't own the scent of MFK. Nevertheless, I would like to give my opinion about the fragrance.

I like the scent very much in the evening for sleeping, because the sweet cloud of sugar and coconut surrounds me warmly. Shortly after spraying the scent has a very light plastic note, which I don't like at all. But thank god it disappears relatively fast.

After that it will be a very girlish fragrance that will appeal especially to young ladies. It has a very large sillage and a great durability.
Not particularly suitable for warm summer days, in my opinion rather a warm and cuddly autumn/winter scent.

I like it very much in spite of its girlish smell, because it surrounds you warmly and gives a secure feeling

Ignorabilis
The teenage girl with her head in the clouds
First I want to apologize to everyone who loves Cloud. I know how emotional one can get when a negative review pops up about a beloved perfume. So I’m already sorry for the following review.

I bought a 7,5ml sample of this and have forced myself to wear this all in all for more than seven days now (and still have a lot of it left). I really gave it a try and I wanted to love this so so much.

The opening is bizarre. I get the lavender, pear and something sweet but for me they don’t blend. It’s like every single note tries to stand out on its own so they all seem to be competing with each other instead of blending together. It’s pure chaos.
In the dry down the musk becomes more and more prominent – and with the musk I notice a heavy plasticy smell. I mean really heavy!

The first days I tried this I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. I didn’t get it and just sat there asking myself „Is this really the perfume everyone is raving about?“. It was so weird that I couldn’t even hate it. I just wore it for hours trying to like it until I scratched it off again when the plastic smell got to heavy.

To me Cloud by Ariana Grande is a teenage girl, constantly nagging and being overdramatic about the smallest things. She's trying so hard to act like a sophisticated and sexy grown up with her sticky 1$-lipgloss while actually being so indecisive.

But then she holds so much power and stubbornness! She doesn’t know what she wants but she wants it all. This perfume stays on me forever. I mean forever! I sprayed it on my wrist once and 20h later I could still smell it.

Some days it can be quite fun wearing it because it smells so weird. But I would never consider wearing it for days I want to smell good.

I have never smelled BR540 so I can’t say anything about their similarity. I’m talking here about Cloud as Cloud and not Cloud as a BR540 dupe. Since some stated in the reviews though that BR540 smells less plasticy, I can just guess that it would be a more authentic grown-up version of this.

Maybe this perfume just doesn’t work with my skin chemistry at all. It could be that for others it works well. So I’ll just leave with saying: This is the absolute opposite of a safe blind buy :)
Unnecessary
Based on my personal perception. I became aware of this fragrance through the ever-loving Mr Fragrance. A BR 540 clone for a windfall of money? Sounds tempting. But to me, it has nothing to do with baccarat rouge. Not with the eau de parfum or the Extrait. You can see the attempt to clone BR, but the rough edges that form its character have been polished so smooth with the sweet coconut that it smells like a 0815 women's shower gel. Besides, it is even more synthetic than BR 540, which I had hardly thought possible. Reminds me rather of sweetish - sticky stuff like Herod, but in a very cheap way. Durability is with 3 to maximum 4 hours for the price quite ok. But I have rarely seen a uglier, more unwieldy bottle. So I strongly advise against a purchase, not to mention a blind buy.

LemonadiLemonadi 1 year ago
Blasphemy! I prefer this over BR540 which I tend to go nose blind to. In the air, it smells exactly the same. Long lastig. Plasticky bottle.
MRothMRoth 2 years ago
Coconut milk, fluffy synthetic musk and plastic bandaids. Not as sweet or cloying as the notes suggest; surprisingly refined, yet moreish.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Toasted coconut sprinkled over whipped cream.

Pures Glück in einem kleinen Fläschchen
by Baran1984
by Chico75
by Chico75

Popular Ariana Grande

Moonlight (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Ari (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande R.E.M. by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Limited Edition by Ariana Grande Frankie by Ariana Grande