R.E.M. by Ariana Grande
Bottle Design Powershovel
R.E.M. is a perfume by Ariana Grande for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums. Pronunciation

Alexis Grugeon

LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
White muskWhite musk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by CandyScent, last update on 23.01.2022.

Transparency
"Cloud was a blind buy. I love this scent, could smell my wrist for hours when I wear it. It's the same with "Thank you next". Inspired by these positive experiences with Ariana's perfumes I ordered REM blind......and was disappointed.
It is already madness, how differently so some smelling organ reacts to different smells. Praised by many in the sky I must say that I find REM as incredibly meaningless. I smell virtually nothing but pure transparency. Some lavender, which dissipates after a few minutes. What remains is a slight hairspray note, but I can only guess at it. Maybe I smell water, which may sound strange, but I can hardly describe this transparent, barely there scent any other way.
Too bad, I love but the creamy sweetness of the two predecessors so much....
Schnupperl
The second fragrance of Ariana that I like :)
I was very curious about this fragrance, since I now adore Cloud (that was once different :D).
I had watched a few reviews on YouTube, among others from Paulina Schar :).
I think her fragrance videos are great and I really enjoy watching them.
When I saw that she had something to say about R.E.M., of course I had to watch the video.
Previously, there was interest in this fragrance, but this interest was limited.
After the video of Paulina, my interest in this fragrance was so great that I really wanted to test it.
I'll tell you why.
Paulina describes R.E.M. as the fragrance of her boyfriend, or he reminds her of her boyfriend.
Curiosity was now such that it had to be sniffed.
Unfortunately, there was no sample or bottling in the souk, on Ebay I was also not found.
So I bought a 30 ml bottle of R.E.M. blind in the souk :D.
Yesterday he arrived.
My hubby and I went out for dinner last night and I wore R.E.M.
What can I say, Paulina is not entirely wrong with what she says about this fragrance.
I feel like I'm wearing my husband's worn shirt with this scent, which gives off its delicate inherent scent, plus the scent of a sweet and slightly spicy men's deodorant.
It feels like I'm wearing the shirt my husband wore before.
A slight salted caramel note always resonates.
I would also argue that a slight cloud DNA is noticeable.
I really like the lavender in this fragrance, soft and not scratchy.
There is a synthetic component to this fragrance, but it doesn't bother me at all.

We've known the owner of this restaurant for a few years now and hugged yesterday.

She came over to our table later and said to me "You have to wear this scent whenever you come here from now on. I smell it on my shirt all the time and it smells soooo good."

Cloud fills m.M.n. spaces.
R.E.M. I feel as softer and quieter.
I also notice that in terms of durability.
While Cloud on my skin 6-7 hours plays a great role,
plays this fragrance its role only about 4-5 hours (at least on my skin).

The first impression of this fragrance is very positive and I feel very comfortable with it.

Love it is not yet, but I will definitely continue to wear R.E.M.
And who knows...
Maybe it ends like Cloud ---> of Well, too great, too love :).
NiceSmell
Cotton candy as a short snack
The R.E.M. isn't bad, for those who like sweet scents. Like a tour of the carnival. However, it is a short visit. The silage and the longevity is not very good/high from my point of view. After about 2-3h I perceive the fragrance (on the skin) only very weak.
On the clothes a little longer. He is ok but does not knock me off my stool. However, this is only my personal opinion.

Ariana Grande R.E.M.
Definitely named right. A bedtime fragrance indeed. AKA: light! It really is lovely. Comforting, soothing, calming, gentle, agreeable, non-offensive, perfectly suited to lull you off to sleep. This fragrance is the equivalancy to the friend that everybody likes. Yes, it's somewhat synthetic but who cares, nobody's perfect. This is the type of scent that you grab for when you don't know what else to wear but you want to smell good and don't feel like being challenged by anything too involved or complex.
To my nose, the most prominent notes are lavender, musk and salt.
My only gripe is just how light the fragrance really is. I understand that the idea behind the scent is that it is meant for bedtime but even for that purpose, for me, it's still far too light. I have the type of skin that holds fragrance very well and I don't feel that I am an over-sprayer. However, I had to spray it 10 times to get the desired level of smell that I wanted. For that reason alone, combined with the fact that it's nothing super-unique, I don't find it necessary to purchase a full bottle. Still, it's a nice perfume as long as you don't mind burning through your bottle rather quickly.
UPDATE
So, as it turns out, this scent really needs some heat to fully bloom! I've been wearing it this Summer and it's incredible smelling in the hot, humid weather. So much better than when I first tried it in the much cooler, early Spring. I'm loving it and had to have a full bottle ASAP! Lavender vanilla goodness!
Romantic cuddly scent
I got this fragrance for Christmas.
The bottle of R.E.M. (short for "Rapid Eye Movement") is the absolute eye-catcher with the crystal design (the crystal frame is made of plastic, but still does not look cheap) and makes itself well on my perfume table.
I did not know the fragrances of Ariana Grande so far, I'm not a huge fan now, but I expected something extremely girliehaftes here.
At the first spraying I was disabused, because the fragrance is strong, with almost unisex character. Lavender stands out a lot and so does the sweet marshmallow scent. Less cheesy, the combination is made by something woody and spicy, which has surprised me positively.
The scent stays with me very long on the skin, even until the next day is the clearly perceived. At me he smells after longer wear still sweet and quite spicy, especially the tonka bean comes out well.
The character of the perfume I would describe as romantic, cozy and mysterious - perfect for an evening for two.
I find that the fragrance is something special and not at all sticky-sweet like so many other celebrity fragrances.
R.E.M. represents for me a completely new fragrance experience - It was love at first smell.
R.E.M. - to dream
R.E.M. conjures up one of my first scent memories and the dream is also a theme.

At primary school age, a friend was given a small, round bottle made of frosted glass as a present. The lid was a plush rabbit head with a bow on top. Her parents had probably thought of the fragrance as a pillow spray for a peaceful sleep, because the liquid in the glass bottle had an intense lavender smell. While playing on a grey afternoon, we took the bottle and sprayed wildly all over the room until everything was literally fogged with lavender and then rolled up in warm blankets.

R.E.M. and his caramel lavender make me dream of the security and carefree nature of this day.

For me, it is a fragrance that I want to wear in grey autumn or winter weather, when I sit at home with a cup of tea and enjoy the rain outside. It accompanies me for some time, five to six hours the lavender is with me and becomes softer and softer. The lavender gives it a masculine touch, the sweetness of the caramel rounds it off in such a way that it can be worn regardless of gender.

It is soft, unobtrusive and delicate, like the pastel purple of the bottle. Very, very beautiful
Floating in other spheres
How nice that after 'Ari' and 'Moonlight' (my favourite fragrances) I like an Ariana Grande perfume again. But I knew that 'R.E.M.' had to move in with me just because of the gorgeous bottle. So I didn't care that many people compared the fragrance to 'Cloud', which I don't like at all...

Surprisingly, 'R.E.M.' actually has something of 'Cloud', but the fresher notes in. R.E.M.' makes everything more beautiful and coherent. Cloud for me is greasy, sweet coconut cream mixed with man deodorant. The station wagon just made my stomach turn
R.E.M. has a slight sweetness in the background. Salted caramel can only be guessed at, but this fluffy soft marshmallow/zefir/macaron sweetness, which can be found in all Ariana Grande perfumes, also plays a role here. For me, the main protagonists are lavender and tonka bean, underscored with some woodiness and musk. The pear note, though only pear blossom, I don't perceive as standing out, but I think it contributes its part to the fresher (in contrast to her other perfumes) scent impression. The fruity notes aren't dominant here at all. Maybe quince and fig can be guessed a bit, but they don't really come through for my perception. The fragrance is definitely rather flowery. The lavender note also makes 'R.E.M.', just like 'Cloud', seem a bit unisex. It's sweet, as already mentioned, but it has the freshness of musk and pear blossom, but also the warmth of tonka bean and woods that go much better with lavender than this extremely gourmand one in 'Cloud'. It makes the fragrance appear more balanced and mature. In this respect it also reminds me a little of 'Moonlight'.

Nevertheless 'R.E.M.' has something of its own, which the other Ariana Grande perfumes didn't have until now. For me it's warm and fresh at the same time (although you might think that's mutually exclusive).

I can imagine the fragrance very well as a cuddly scent or simply in the evening to relax, because of the lavender note.

I think 'R.E.M.' is really well done and the bottle looks really good on the shelf!

R.E.M. mit Box
by HolyBamboly
Ariana Grande - R.E.M.
by HolyBamboly
by Itscoral
by Itscoral

Popular Ariana Grande

Cloud (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Moonlight (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Ari (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande God is a Woman by Ariana Grande Cloud 2.0 Intense by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Limited Edition by Ariana Grande Frankie by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next 2.0 by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande Ari (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande Cloud (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande Moonlight (Body Mist) by Ariana Grande