R.E.M. by Ariana Grande
Bottle Design Powershovel
R.E.M. is a new perfume by Ariana Grande for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesQuince, Fig, Salted caramel, Marshmallow
Heart Notes Heart NotesPear blossom, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, White musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by CandyScent, last update on 07.01.2021.

Romantic cuddly scent
I got this fragrance for Christmas.
The bottle of R.E.M. (short for "Rapid Eye Movement") is the absolute eye-catcher with the crystal design (the crystal frame is made of plastic, but still does not look cheap) and makes itself well on my perfume table.
I did not know the fragrances of Ariana Grande so far, I'm not a huge fan now, but I expected something extremely girliehaftes here.
At the first spraying I was disabused, because the fragrance is strong, with almost unisex character. Lavender stands out a lot and so does the sweet marshmallow scent. Less cheesy, the combination is made by something woody and spicy, which has surprised me positively.
The scent stays with me very long on the skin, even until the next day is the clearly perceived. At me he smells after longer wear still sweet and quite spicy, especially the tonka bean comes out well.
The character of the perfume I would describe as romantic, cozy and mysterious - perfect for an evening for two.
I find that the fragrance is something special and not at all sticky-sweet like so many other celebrity fragrances.
R.E.M. represents for me a completely new fragrance experience - It was love at first smell.
R.E.M. - to dream
R.E.M. conjures up one of my first scent memories and the dream is also a theme.

At primary school age, a friend was given a small, round bottle made of frosted glass as a present. The lid was a plush rabbit head with a bow on top. Her parents had probably thought of the fragrance as a pillow spray for a peaceful sleep, because the liquid in the glass bottle had an intense lavender smell. While playing on a grey afternoon, we took the bottle and sprayed wildly all over the room until everything was literally fogged with lavender and then rolled up in warm blankets.

R.E.M. and his caramel lavender make me dream of the security and carefree nature of this day.

For me, it is a fragrance that I want to wear in grey autumn or winter weather, when I sit at home with a cup of tea and enjoy the rain outside. It accompanies me for some time, five to six hours the lavender is with me and becomes softer and softer. The lavender gives it a masculine touch, the sweetness of the caramel rounds it off in such a way that it can be worn regardless of gender.

It is soft, unobtrusive and delicate, like the pastel purple of the bottle. Very, very beautiful
Floating in other spheres
How nice that after 'Ari' and 'Moonlight' (my favourite fragrances) I like an Ariana Grande perfume again. But I knew that 'R.E.M.' had to move in with me just because of the gorgeous bottle. So I didn't care that many people compared the fragrance to 'Cloud', which I don't like at all...

Surprisingly, 'R.E.M.' actually has something of 'Cloud', but the fresher notes in. R.E.M.' makes everything more beautiful and coherent. Cloud for me is greasy, sweet coconut cream mixed with man deodorant. The station wagon just made my stomach turn
R.E.M. has a slight sweetness in the background. Salted caramel can only be guessed at, but this fluffy soft marshmallow/zefir/macaron sweetness, which can be found in all Ariana Grande perfumes, also plays a role here. For me, the main protagonists are lavender and tonka bean, underscored with some woodiness and musk. The pear note, though only pear blossom, I don't perceive as standing out, but I think it contributes its part to the fresher (in contrast to her other perfumes) scent impression. The fruity notes aren't dominant here at all. Maybe quince and fig can be guessed a bit, but they don't really come through for my perception. The fragrance is definitely rather flowery. The lavender note also makes 'R.E.M.', just like 'Cloud', seem a bit unisex. It's sweet, as already mentioned, but it has the freshness of musk and pear blossom, but also the warmth of tonka bean and woods that go much better with lavender than this extremely gourmand one in 'Cloud'. It makes the fragrance appear more balanced and mature. In this respect it also reminds me a little of 'Moonlight'.

Nevertheless 'R.E.M.' has something of its own, which the other Ariana Grande perfumes didn't have until now. For me it's warm and fresh at the same time (although you might think that's mutually exclusive).

I can imagine the fragrance very well as a cuddly scent or simply in the evening to relax, because of the lavender note.

I think 'R.E.M.' is really well done and the bottle looks really good on the shelf!

Ariana Grande - R.E.M.
by HolyBamboly
R.E.M. mit Box
by HolyBamboly

Popular Ariana Grande

Cloud (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Moonlight (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Ari (Eau de Parfum) by Ariana Grande Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Limited Edition by Ariana Grande Frankie by Ariana Grande