Armaf Niche - Oud

Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf

Armaf Niche - Oud is a popular perfume by Armaf for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesCaraway, Sage, Spicy notes, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedar, Iris, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Patchouli, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 22.01.2019

9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

His name is Oud - but he's vanilla
If you don't know the alleged scents before, I don't think anyone will notice anything other than vanilla. Okay, in the first 5 minutes there is more than "just" dark vanilla, but then you have vanilla on your skin.

If you have read the scents before, you can imagine that there is also pepper and a little ointment, otherwise the scent would be pure vanilla. And it is not; but it is dominated by soft and natural and naturally very pleasant vanilla. Who wants, can find honey surely also...little honey with good vanilla.

To value the Sillage so highly does not do justice to the scent. If you run around the block, turn up the temperature or go to the sauna, it may be different, how can such "fine" fragrances achieve that?
All alleged scent twins are Uni-Sex
And this one is, too... and then more feminine. So as a man you rather radiate the gentleness and comfort of "Hier Schatz, eine cup hot vanilla milk with little honey; hopefully you'll soon be better" or "Winnie the Poo".
For women who do not need sweet vanilla to underline their femininity, the fragrance fits much better

Arabian Nights
A smell like in 1001 night, I imagine - desert sand, with a small jeep it goes off over the hot desert sand, before me lies only heat and sand.
With every jerk, I smell it. A warm oud scent - which is also wearable through off in summer. not too intense almost a pleasure :)
A Sillage that fascinates me and a feeling of warmth whenever I spray this fragrance.
A shelf life that is extremely long lasting.
My conclusion - With this oud scent you do nothing wrong, wearable at any time and on any occasion.
A little noble - sometimes even a little sweet, he adapts to my daily form, I like him very much.
Conclusion : A good oud scent for little money, it doesn't always have to be something big, sometimes it can be small. Shelf life with me, between 8 and 10 hours. Therefore I can pronounce here a definite buy recommendation, who likes Oud lies with this smell goldrichtig.

Ready on the nose, go :)
Shark canapés88

9.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Darkbeat
A masterpiece of oriental perfumery
A jewel of perfume designed to seduce, and not only to those who perceive it, but also to those who wear it. A joyful delight dressing her.

A perfume of a lot of quality, which shows in the first inhalation. Beware of this, because it can be made addictive, very addictive. I did not expect to find this work of art in this house, but I had no choice but to surrender at his feet. Simply Magistral.

The start is an oriental explosion, spicy and sweet, with a small citrus reflection when it sits on the skin, but very dim. Close your eyes and you are immersed in any oriental market in the world, intoxicated by the effluvia of spices. Soon cedar begins to appear, dry and smoked, bringing a mysterious touch to the fragrance. When the woody notes become more present, so does the warmth of amber, but in this phase of the perfume it is more noticeable, note that the iris is sure. The last part of the perfume is wonderful with an exquisite vanilla, masterfully set with cedar and patchouli, without removing the note of amber or spices, which last until the end of the fragrance's life.

An oriental fragrance as they are no longer made, it is more of the old school, in line with the Orientals of the 90s, powerful, sweet and spicy, but without overpowering.

This perfume has moments that remind me of "Opium pour Homme" but the version "eau de parfum", then in its middle phase, as it is smoked and smoothed and the note of cedar is very noticeable, but then in its drying Finally, it has reminded me again of "Opium pour Homme". I have been using "Opium pour Homme" for 23 years and I am in love with this perfume, and to find myself with this has been going into ecstasy. And I do not say that it is a Clone fragrance, because it is not, it is more like a flanker of "Opium pour Homme", in which the original essence remains as an imprint and more nuances are added to make it more current.

Long and portentous wake, I've been smelling it on my skin for more than 10 hours and I can not say more, but I woke up in the morning and there were still traces of the fragrance. The wake is very large in the first 4 hours, then it becomes moderate until the end of the fragrance.

Perfume for night and for cold climates, although very wearable in cool spring or summer nights.

100% recommended for people who like strong orientals the likes of; Opium pour Homme, Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal, Interlude Man and Jubilation XXV by Amouage, Amber Absolute by Tom Ford etc ...

NOTE: I have to comment, that the quality of the materials used in this series "Niche" is excellent, of a lot more quality than the standard series of Armaf. You can feel nothing but smell the perfume.

Sorry for my bad english.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
A serious Armaf niche wave attempt
This is the only Armaf Niche fragrance I have bought and tried so far. There are some important facts about this Armaf line of perfumes:
- The probable ending of the Armaf tacky bottles. I believe I don't shock anybody if I comment that Armaf has produced some of the ugliest fragrance flasks of the perfume industry.
- It seems that producing clones will not be the aim of this niche line.
- The fragrance quality is well above average.

I like oud scents! I also like leather, vanilla, pepper and amber accords. This scent seems to be a potpourri of my preferred notes. Till some months ago I felt important to impose my opinion of sniffing an oud note in this perfume. That does not matter any longer for me.I smell an oud accord, stronger in the opening and heart and I am happy with it. I don't care if it is leather blend with cedar and pepper that may suggest the agar scent or not.
I smell oud (period).
It's not over animalic, it does not smell like a barnyard or wrotten carcasses. It's quite well behaved and it looks like (it scents like) a spice to emphasize the flavour of fancy food from a Michelin star rated restaurant. It really amplifies the pepper, the leather, the vanilla and the amber notes. The blending becomes very smooth without harming the fragrance strength or its performance. Leather, supported by vanilla and amber, end up to be the key accord during the very pleasant and long drydown.

Comments on the fragrance development:
It opens with a strong spicy note and quickly develops the oud scent that seems to be omnipresent at all stages. This fragrance smells like having an oud note or accord, although no oud note is listed. This very present oud lingers around, along with cedar. This wood accord is fantastic and is persistant in all development stages and during the early drydown.
Black pepper is easily detectable some minutes after the spraying, as well a faint leather scent that evolves into a strong but friendly and almost sweet leather note, coexisting with a highly praised patchouli.
The dry down is very plesant with the fading wood/oudish scent, surrounded by the enduring leather and a captivating mellow amber sweetened by vanilla,
From the initial 3 sprays till the fainting skin scent after 8 hours, we get a very pleasant notes evolution. The blending does not produce any harsh situations and really does not fool you by making you smell the pleasuring "phantom" oud note.
The heavy bottle is nice and easy to hold. If you like, as I do, to dispose my flasks by brand, you will pity the odd "containers" of Craze and La Marque Brune fragrances side by side with this nice Oud Niche flask.

My rates:
Scent opening: 9.75 (my judgement)
Scent dry down: 9.25 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.5 (easyly up to10 hours with 3 sprays)
Sillage: 8.0 (6 feet at its peak. It projects for 2~3 hours.)
Uniqueness: 7.5 (you feel that it's not unique, even if it is not a clone of any fragrance I know; I would position this fragrance somewhere in a triangle between Ambre Sultan, Bentley Absolut and Halston Amber, but closer to the Serge Lutens branded perfume)
Usability: 7.5 ( If you use it in the summer you will be sent to prision for olfactory heavy attack to the people around you. Use it in cold or mild to cold weather, either day or night.)
Versatility: 8.5 (If you feel confortable with an oriental-woody-oudy fragrance - as I do - you may well use it almost everywhere provided that you don't overspray. Exceptions: beach + workout + activities where you may sweat)
Compliments: 8,5 (higher than usual for an oudy fragrance; You will smell sexy provided that you won't overspray)
Quality: 8.0 (great but a still a bit synthetic.)
Presentation: 8.0 (a big step in a good direction after a lot of ugly Armaf bottles; all Armaf Niche bottles have a similar shape)
Price: 8.5 (29 Euros plus taxes and shipping for a non tester flask; not bad for a pleasant above average Oudy fragrance)

Overall rating: 8.36/10,00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
I do recomend this perfume to oriental fragrance lovers, and to any user eager to experience a good non ofensive Oriental/Woody/Oudy perfume for a moderate price.

Music: Youssou N'Dour - "7 seconds"

AmberScent 9 months ago
The more I use it the more I love it. It is a niche quality perfume at designer moderated price. Perfect blending and magnific oudish scent.+3
Darkbeat 13 months ago
An oriental spicy, that nothing has to envy to any niche, quality perfume, sweet, resinous, woody and spicy that removes hiccups.+3
10.0
10.0
Carlitos01 15 months ago
Smooth blending not harming the performance and scent strength;
Leather supported by vanilla and amber, are the key evolutionary accord.+2
Elysium 19 months ago
I've just tried "Oud" which ironically has no oud in it, how come? It smells really nice though and is pretty potent, oud-centric, stunning!+3

by Elysium
by Elysium

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense by Armaf Tres Nuit by Armaf Tag-Him pour Homme by Armaf Craze by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Shades Wood by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf Tag-Her Prestige Edition by Armaf Ventana pour Homme by Armaf Futura La Homme Intense by Armaf Armaf Niche - Black Onyx by Armaf El Cielo by Armaf Club de Nuit Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Tag-Her pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Shades by Armaf De La Marque Brune by Armaf Just For You pour Homme by Armaf Derby Club House Blanche by Armaf