Bucephalus No. XI 2019

Bucephalus No. XI by Armaf
Bucephalus No. XI is a new perfume by Armaf for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fresh. It is being marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Blackcurrant, Pineapple
Heart Notes Heart NotesMyrrh, Rose, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Ambergris

Submitted by Darkbeat, last update on 27.09.2020.

Sweetie ≠ Better
So the first impression was immediately negative. That's probably because I read the comments here first.

The prelude:
i have never had the association WC-stone in any Aventus Dupe, even if I have read this before... This is where it happened. Maybe because I expected the same pineapple as Aventus. Unfortunately, no. Only citrus and that quite penetrating.
But well, I didn't like CDMI at all in the beginning, especially the prelude, only when I used it in winter I started to like it a lot, even the strange synthetic note at the beginning didn't bother me anymore
After 15-20 minutes the citrus was gone and the smell was about zebra + some sweetness. After another 10 minutes the intensity of the sweetness increased, so that one could now speak of vanilla.
From that moment on, the scent was also quite pleasant for me. All in all but somehow not round.

After about 2h the scent was only skin-tight.

Evaluation:
i must say that while I was writing down the thoughts, my evaluation has changed a little (to the positive).
Even if I personally don't like the scent, the scent is "technically" beautiful, it develops, you notice the changes. But if you compare the fragrance with Aventus, it doesn't do very well. (assuming you like Aventus). Compared to Zebra and CDMI, I find the other two better.

CONCLUSION:
Without the prelude good, sweetish-harsh scent with bad H/S.

3lbows
Pour un homme de Caron, or: What the vanilla does to Aventus.
No, I didn't really want to use the A-word at first, because the black horse head is by no means a scented twin to the black rider.
No, not even to Pour un homme de Caron. Nevertheless, this was the first fragrance I thought of right after spraying Bucephalus XI (what an abysmally stupid name) on my head.
Why?
And assuming you all know Aventus. Bucephalus XI starts with the fresh, fruity top note that we know and love from Creed and his clone army. This one, however, sits on a dry, unsweet vanilla base, which gives it a completely different scent, and it is not easy to describe. I had expected a creamy Aventus variant like this at first, a little bit in the direction of Allure Homme Edition Blanche. But it isn't.
Here the vanilla does with the fruity note what it does with the lavender in Pour un homme de Caron. Both together give me a vintage note, like sniffing into an old pharmacy cabinet, but not in a negative way. I have a similar association with Dior Homme Intense, but in a completely different, stronger expression and sweeter, heavier Bucephalus XI remains rather a fresh, light fragrance. The vanilla grounds it nobly, more mature. It turns the nouveau riche daredevil into a resting Ü40 who likes to think of old days and does not want to settle down yet to Camp David and Cool Water. Edward Mulhare could have carried it well, swinging a whisky glass in the trailer of the black Knight Foundation truck, because I think I can perceive a very delicate, alcoholic note. This makes the drydown a bit spicier compared to the refreshing start, and the overall scent more complex, but not more difficult. Bucephalus IX is a very conciliatory companion, despite its presentation with this abysmally stupid bottle; versatile, unagitated but still distinctive and special. Just like Edward Mulhare. But I would still allow him a little more presence and staying power. Compared to his youthful, ostentatious relative and his countless imitators, the horse's head is relatively tame. So if you still want to be noticed at Camp David's age, you better go to L'Aventure by Al Haramain or Kouros.
Benedikt2019
"So the red horse just turned around and swatted the fly with his tail."
(hideous song, but matching the bottle)
Okay, here we go:

Does anyone else have energy to deal with Aventus-Dupe's? No? I don't really either and you don't have to be afraid, the commentary will quickly go in a different direction, but at certain moments you can't help but make references to the Allstar. First of all I can say that no fragrance twin ever made it into the sacred halls of my perfume cabinet, this one did. You want to know why that is? Then read

First of all it must be mentioned that this Armaf belongs to the niche collection of the fragrance house, which made me curious right away!

The arrival (the exterior):
I joyfully open the package and what I get to see delighted and surprised me even more. A giant flacon, which also seemed to be very well packed. At the beginning, our horse is still under a round plastic head, which is supposed to offer additional protection. Also the bottle itself is, let me put it carefully, kitschy and beautiful. It is more valuable than I would have expected from the pictures. I've heard that the material is supposed to give way after a while and become fragile - especially the horse's head - but I can't confirm that yet. Only the spray head is not so horny, because very little comes out and you feel that you have to spray it often. Maybe a trick so that it gets empty quickly ?

The test (the inside):
I had tested it once and found it good and waited until I could get it for a good price on the WWW, so I can look back on several tests and tell you about them. In my opinion we are dealing with a fresh smoky scent in general. I would not want to call it sweet-spicy, as you can see above. Only the vanilla has a slightly sweet touch, but here we are far away from what we understand by fresh scents. But let's start with the top note. Here we have the biggest overlap with the Aventus. We have the fruity pineapple and subtle berry chords. But the smoky notes quickly appear, although they seem quite controlled. Those who think here of an Interlude, be reassured, the smoke is rather a nice, soft veil of smoke. It can also be said here that the similarity to the Creed scent cannot be denied. BUT THEN the vanilla conquers the field bit by bit and one can say it is an Aventus with vanilla vibe. However, the vanilla is not overly dominant and only brings the minimal sweetness already mentioned. From then on the scent changes between the main chords fruit, vanilla, smoke. Whereby it is to be noted that at some point the fruit is completely gone. What remains for a long time is a slightly smoked vanilla, which is surrounded by a nice graphite note. This makes the fragrance appear slightly tart, fresh (in its own way), sweet and distinctive.

The endurance (the exterior II):
Joa, durability and sillage are all right I'd say. With me it lasts about 7 hours with four spray bursts and my environment perceives it for at least two hours. So if you are looking for a Dupe that is more durable than the Aventus, you will find a similar quality here. Whereby the original lasts even longer with me. In summary reason solid H and S, which are offered here.

After that (conclusion):
We're dealing with more than just a dupe here. The "red horse" is suitable for everyone who is basically satisfied with the Aventus basic DNA, but would like to see it in other facets. Especially fans of vanilla scents could get their money's worth here, as this scent lasts almost the entire fragrance process. There is very little wrong with the price, considering that 100ml are available for less than 50 Euro. An eye-catcher on the shelf is the fragrance on top of that. But I would not recommend to buy it if one is looking for a direct Aventus twin, as then it is better to choose L'Aventure. For me, however, the best horse in the house of Armaf!

Club de Nuit Intense Man minus WC stone
So first of all you have to say that the flacon is certainly a matter of taste, but who can think of it and pack it in a stylish, albeit plastic, case? I don't know many perfumes there.

I bought this one blindly because of the descriptions and rarely have they all been so accurate. First it starts citric, will be the pineapple and yes, much finer and more pleasant than CdNIM. As much as I appreciate the latter, the synthi fruit stands out. This is sometimes unpleasant. Here we have the alternative for those who don't like it. So is Bucephalus the better Aventus clone, if one may take up this statement regarding CdNIM? No, because nothing smokes here, completely different scent. The pineapple gets less with time, it becomes more earthy but in a pleasant way. I have to think of cedar, but when I compare it with other fragrances, I think that the musk and moss resonate
Why do I say that? Someone has commented here at the beginning the horse reaches to Aventus, later to Royal Oud. Because I like royal oud, I bought this one too. The creed has cedar and musk, so I'm guessing that's why. This comment is very good. Bucephalus really reminds of royal oud later, only a bit more citric.
And now I'm sitting here, six hours later, the smell is very close and it smells like...vanilla. Tart vanilla, no added sweetness.
For me and for the price the fragrance is a highlight. It's twice as expensive as CdNIM, which is noticeable in terms of quality, but still cheaper than many other perfumes. Why it hardly attracts any attention, I don't know
Mdan87
Great Aventus clone with vanilla twist
Already some months ago I received a sample of the fragrance from a parfumo. Even then it was clear to me that I would need a bottle as soon as I got him in Germany, which was finally the case
The flacon is a matter of taste. Definitely something different. There are significantly more expensive perfumes with less value flacons and packaging. Besides, the sprayer is total crap. Even a 5 Euro perfume from the drugstore is better here
From the smell it is of course an Aventus clone. At the moment in my opinion by far the best from the house of armaf. The main reason is the top note, which lacks the penetrating synthetic lemon note. It's still there, but significantly reduced compared to Club de Nuit Intense Man and also less than the perfume oil version.
The top note comes damn close to my Aventus Batch, just a bit more synthetic, but not disturbingly synthetic.

In the further course Bucephalus has above all less smoke and instead significantly more vanilla. I like the station wagon very much throughout.

Sillage is very good for the first 2-4 hours (depending on weather). The durability is very good. Got another compliment after 8 hours of walking by. The scent remains clearly perceptible on clothing for almost two days.

Its worth around 55 euros in any case. Perfume freaks stay with Aventus. Everyday fragrance lovers like me are highly satisfied with this

BertolucciKBertolucciK 36 days ago
Bucephalus XI starts like a fruity batch of Aventus, bitter citrus. In the drydown, you get musk and vanilla that create a nice sillage.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 10 months ago
CDNI Man juice type with better ingredients, added myrrh, no birch and a tacky bottle. Yes... It looks like an Aventus fruity batch clone.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
Pretty much a fruity version of the old cdnim. Bottle is horrific and tacky.....saved by a very good juice
DarkbeatDarkbeat 14 months ago
A much higher quality version of Club de Nuit Intense Man (batch 2017) more fruity and closer to Aventus.

by Notirotirito
by Notirotirito
by Feuerfuchs
by Feuerfuchs

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Craze (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Tres Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Ventana by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Radical Brown by Armaf Shades Wood (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Signature True by Armaf Just For You pour Homme by Armaf Shades (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Armaf Niche - Sapphire by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf El Cielo by Armaf Skin Couture Metallica by Armaf Club de Nuit Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Tag-Her (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf