A classy and sophisticated desert rose
On a cold winter morning, the Queen left the Castle of Sabugal, as she often did, to distribute bread to the most disadvantaged. It was common word among King D. Dinis councelors, that Dona Isabel spent too much on the works of the churches, and that her donations to convents as well as alms given to the poor were of exaggerated value. One day one of the nobles, who did not apreciate the Queen's generosity, decided to look for the King and used all the arguments to convince him about Dona Isabel's exagerated expenses.
The King let himself be convinced by the noble. He decided to surprise the Queen when she, accompanied by her entourage, was preparing to make a donation of goods to the Convent of Santa Clara. The King stopped her right at the entrance of the convent and noticed that Dona Isabel tried at all costs to disguise what she was carrying in her lap. He looked her in the eye and asked her:
"- What do you carry in your lap, my most noble wife?"
The Queen replied:
"-Real Lord, I just go here to decorate the monastery's altars."
Not being convinced, the King insisted:
“- I was informed that my wife disobeys my orders! What you carry in your lap is money for the poor! ”
Suddenly, feeling more confident, Dona Isabel replied:
“- You make a mistake, my Royal Lord. What I carry in my lap are just roses… ”
The angry king accused the Queen of lying:
"-Can you show me those extraordinay winter bred roses?"
After saying these words, the King ordered her to show the contents of his lap. Queen Dona Isabel showed before the astonished eyes of all the beautiful bouquet of fragrant red roses that she kept under her mantle. Seeing the roses, the King was amazed and convinced himself that he was facing an holy phenomenon. Right there in that place, he asked the Queen for forgiveness. The news of the miracle spread to the city of Coimbra and spread to the rest of the country. The people proclaimed the Queen Isabel of Portugal as a saint.
This rose perfume is Armaf's best fragrance for me.
I use it frequently and consider this perfume more masculine than feminin. Well... maybe unisex!
This is a very well blended floral oriental fragrance. It is a bit dark but, as a matter of personal taste, I probably would like it even darker.
I am not a rose scent fancier but I really like this strong desert rose composition. The vanilla and amber notes are quite noticeable (and pleasant). The agar wood note is not proeminent but does have a role in the fragrance evolution. As the time passes, the dry down becomes a bit more sweet and powdry.
The perfume does give an impression of class and sophistication, with an above average longevity but a fainter sillage and projection. That's the correct behaviour for a classy fragrance, not to proeminent but with excelent near skin performance. I consider this perfume very sexy and wonderfully designed.
It really looks that Elena or Polge or Morillas could have signed this perfume. Beware... it may become adictive.
My rates for this women/unisex/men Club de Nuit Intense:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Opening: 9.5 (magnific oriental rose and spices, mainly saffron)
- Drydown: 9.5 (still a bit of rose, but a dominant patchouli with vanilla and some oud)
- Longevity: 8.5 ( more than 8 hours, 3 sprays)
- Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet, projects for 2~2.5 hours)
- Versatility: 9.0 (avoid very hot situations; very good for almost any situation in normal and cold weather; it's VERY sexy and classy so dont miss using it in formal events, fancy reunions and in the bedroom; it's a totally unisex fragrance)
- Wearability: 9.0 (day and night, in the four seasons except on summer hot days)
- Compliments: 9.0 (very serious compliment grabber for both genders; It's a head turner and very sexy)
- Uniqueness: 8.5 (It's similar to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. I imagine that Tom Ford Price will be 10 times bigger; due to the price difference it's still very unique)
- Quality: 9.5 (smells expensive and classy; excelent sprayer; heavy glass)
- Presentation: 8.5 (one of the few Armaf bottles that it's not tacky; actually it's very elegant and classy; very nice box)
- Price: 10.0 (€18,00 for 100 ml + VAT+shipping)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: Excelent fragrance; I bought 2 bottles, one for me and another for my wife. This gem holds an amazing value in itself. If you are looking for a very alluring, compliments magnet, super versatile,classy, sophisticated all weather fragrance and with a fantastic price, you may have found it. DON'T MISS IT!
Good enough for blind buying? Yes, of course!
Music: Sting - "Desert Rose"