Just For You pour Homme

Just For You pour Homme by Armaf

Just For You pour Homme is a popular perfume by Armaf for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Cedarwood, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesLeather notes, Frankincense

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 12.05.2019

5.0 4.0 5.0 8.0/10

1 Hour of Schizophrenia
This is one of the strangest scents I’ve ever smelled. Yeah, it was a blind buy, but from the descriptions, ratings and notes, I thought I had it pinned. Turns out I was wrong.

To be blunt, I still don’t know how I feel about it. The development is chaotic. Is it green? Is it smoky? Is it aquatic? Is it woody? Fresh? Spicy? Just what the HELL is this? As a disclaimer, I have a 2015 bottle made in France (batch 174114), so I’m not sure if the newest batches are comparable.

From what I can tell, the first hour is a transition through 5 distinct stages. The first blast is basically identical to the opening of Givenchy’s Gentlemen Only. It’s a very green bergamot, a vegetal vetiver, incense and mandarin, with a somewhat aquatic vibe. 30 seconds later, that aquatic feel is dominated by birch and a rather well-blended leather. This is stage #2 and my favourite part. The leather gets stronger and stronger and then suddenly disappears behind the birch. Then something weird happens.

Suddenly, a laundry freshness accord comes through that’s simultaneously citrusy and watery. This is stage #3 and a tip of the hat to GIT because it really brings out the greenness. Mind you, all of this happens in mere minutes. Stage #4 is when all of the notes begin to settle, to reveal the nutmeg, adding some spiciness to the leather and mandarin. This lasts for about 50 minutes, until finally settling down into stage #5 where everything blends nicely into something pleasantly mature that literally lasts for like 3 hours TOPS. If I could describe the smell at about a foot, it borderlines fresh laundry mixed with a touch of milky leather and spicy mandarin. I know – a terrible description, but that’s what I get.

It almost seems like for that first hour, I’m smelling the lifetime of an urban dweller in fast forward; or perhaps someone with schizophrenia. First it’s green, then it’s leathery, then it’s watery, then it’s woody, then it’s citrusy, then it’s smoky……but at least it eventually gets there – only to disappear prematurely into a mass of business attire and behavioural conformity. Sure, it’s interesting for a while, but then it kind of becomes like all the rest.

The performance is where it falls dismally short. Sillage is decent for that first crazy hour, but when it finally settles into something good and smooth, it chokes and fades into oblivion. It’s a terrible shame too, because if it lasted and projected, I would probably prefer this over Bleu de Chanel EdT. It simply has more character.

Unfortunately, I have to overspray this stuff on my clothes +3 to the chest to get any effect. And despite the awesome gun-metal grey, the bottle is clumsy to hold, and with a crapper atomizer. So for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t recommend it. By now, there are far better options out there even from Armaf, who seem to be constantly stepping up their game. I guess rollercoasters just went out of fashion. Oh well, it was a good ride while it lasted.

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense by Armaf Tres Nuit by Armaf Tag-Him pour Homme by Armaf Craze by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Shades Wood by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf Tag-Her Prestige Edition by Armaf Ventana pour Homme by Armaf Futura La Homme Intense by Armaf Armaf Niche - Black Onyx by Armaf El Cielo by Armaf Club de Nuit Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Tag-Her pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Shades by Armaf De La Marque Brune by Armaf Derby Club House Blanche by Armaf Just For You pour Homme by Armaf