The Pride of Armaf pour Homme

The Pride of Armaf pour Homme by Armaf
The Pride of Armaf pour Homme is a perfume by Armaf for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is citrusy-green. It is being marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
OakmossOakmoss
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Mih, last update on 15.08.2021.

This one is impressive…
…but if you dislike Dior Sauvage, you’d better run in the opposite direction, VERY FAST…

This one smells like a mellower version of the Sauvage EDP Drydown. Imagine a less projecting version of the EDP that has no opening. That’s what you get here. An instant ticket into the drydown.

Performance is fantastic on my skin. Projection is still strong, but nowhere NEAR as monstrous as the real scent. I’ll say you get a good 3ft radius, with a solid sillage trail (that smells REALLY close to the real version). Longevity is also GREAT… I smelled it over 12 hours later (in the morning THE NEXT DAY!!)

I still prefer the real version, but this is a really well done imposter scent. Definitely worth $25.

Sauvage Clone
SOTD: Armaf The Pride of Armaf: As of 12/25/18

The Pride of Armaf was my Christmas Day scent, to my nose I scent the Sauvage DNA, even though I don't have Dior Sauvage to compare it to, but I test scent Dior Sauvage in a local department store here where I live (Macys). Is a average decent scent to my nose, nothing mind blowing. I scent the cinnamon, bergamot, Tonka bean, nutmeg, and vanilla which is nicely blended. Value is a great, and is a must get if you don't have Sauvage and don't want to pay the Sauvage price.

Rating

Scent: 7/10
Value: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Performance/Longevity: 7.5/10: lasted on my skin between 6-8+ hrs
Overall: 7/10

Sauvage without the savage
Unfortunately, if you’re looking for that perfect clone of Sauvage (as I was), this ain’t it. But despite the blatant differences when compared side by side, Armaf has once again gone and created something I honestly didn’t know was possible – a more mass appealing iteration of an already mass appealing fragrance. How the hell?...

Well it’s quite simple really. From most of the reviews that you’ll read or watch online, the biggest complaint that people have about Sauvage is that it’s too strong; too sharp; perhaps even too spicy. The remedy? In steps Armaf to round off the sharp edges by combining formulas already in its widely popular range of fragrances. The result is a genuinely less spicy, less pungent, more fruity, aquatic and yes, more user-friendly version of Sauvage. I know, crazy right?

As far as the bottle goes, the overall shape is rounded and triangular. The cap is a heavy plastic but difficult to click into place. The atomizer is no better, with a tangible “click” every time you spray it. But point that sucker into one of the corners and you’ve got one of the most comfortable bottles I’ve ever held. The feel is incredible, albeit with a black finish that screams fingerprint MAGNET – a minor concession, considering the juice inside…

From the opening, it’s quite obvious what they were going for. This is surely going to be a better clone than Ventana. But is it? Only a few seconds after the initial spray on skin something strange happens. A subtle, yet underlying citric sweetness creeps through that definitely isn’t present in Dior Sauvage. In fact, the spicy and slightly sweet verbena note immediately makes me think of Enchanted Trend, the GIT dupe (a less sweet Tres Nuit), as if someone was given a bottle and instructed, “here, take this and make it smell like Sauvage.” Can it be done? Well apparently, it can.

But hold your horses, what’s that I smell? Within a few minutes, something fruity starts to rear its head, adding a tad bit more sweetness and tang to the spicy mix. The overall feel gives me the impression of sweet black currant syrup made into a shower gel. Perhaps a liquid oakmoss? Confusing, I know, but believe me, this stuff is incredibly interesting.

In the mid is where everything settles to create a very smooth Sauvage-esque, fruity and gel-like scent with decent, if not modest projection. Side by side, both Sauvage edt and edp smell rather harsh, cosmetic, plasticy and obnoxious by comparison, albeit with SIGNIFICANTLY better performance owing to the more substantial base and added pepper.

Moving into the drydown, The Pride of Armaf continues to deviate and transform into the same base used in Just For You - the Gentleman Only dupe – minus the incense, whereas Sauvage remains linear, stronger and spicier. Owning both Armaf scents, the similarity is obvious and very pleasing to my nose. It’s dark, slightly leathery and smoky-green at the same time, but somehow manages to remain “aquatic”. Unfortunately, after about 5 hours, the fun is all but over.

So you can imagine my surprise when I expected a great clone of Sauvage and got something, dare I say...better? From the spicy verbena opening (elements of Enchanted Trend + Ventana), through the Sauvage-esque sweet, fruity black currant shower gel mid (elements of Ventana + Just For You), all the way to the smooth, dark green and leathery finish (elements of Just For You), I can definitely see why Armaf would be proud.

No, it’s not a great clone, but to the average nose, it’s smoother, sweeter, and just might be more appealing. Well done Armaf. I honestly didn’t see it coming.

Scent – 8/10
Longevity – 6.5/10
Projection – 6/10
Overall – 7.5/10

by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Woman by Armaf Craze (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Radical Brown by Armaf Club de Nuit Sillage by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Tres Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Armaf Niche - Bucephalus No. XI by Armaf Tag-Her (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone by Armaf Club de Nuit Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Armaf Niche - Pink Coral by Armaf Ventana by Armaf Venetian by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Eternia Woman by Armaf Signature True by Armaf Armaf Niche - Sapphire by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf